Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Christo posted:

Youtube comments are social media, right? Smite, a goon from the LP subforum, had a guy pop up and in the comments section of one of his videos to complain about the channel's content. A dozen comments later and he's bragging about the countries he's visited, the old cars he can recognize and the video game map he's worked on for 1200 hours, unable to fathom why people aren't supremely impressed.

This guy seriously does not know when to quit (and still hasn't) so it goes on way to long to include in this post. The rest of his comments so far have been uploaded here.

http://imgur.com/a/w0P9L
http://imgur.com/a/KQaf8

Be sure to stick around for the blatant homophobia!

I've got to see this map.

EDIT: This Joseph guy is reminds me of Elliot Rodger.

40-Degree Day has a new favorite as of 19:11 on Mar 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I looked at his profile a bit and he keeps leaving comments on other people's videos that relate to his beloved Pontiac firebird or w/e.

Dude is legit obsessed with cars, the list of countries he travelled to and, of all things, gothic 2. He's amazing and very sad since you can just feel how much he tries to believe that all those things actually make him an exceptional and unique person. But everything is completely unremarkable.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Lmao at all the people who say the onion has gone way downhill in the last few weeks, they published one article that didn't poo poo all over Hillary amidst the dozens that accuse her of being a robot, alien, sociopath, etc.

Elderbean has a new favorite as of 19:45 on Mar 8, 2016

A Classy Ghost
Jul 21, 2003

this wine has a fantastic booquet

Fathis Munk posted:

OK I can't stop reading this and it's amazing. I finally figured out who that guy reminds me of and it's loving user:Conservative, everyone's favourite completely crazy Conservapedia admin/editor. The same style of cherry picking, wild assumptions and weird obsessions.

I keep expecting him to start talking about how his sister enjoyed a dip in the water, but he didn't.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Elderbean posted:

Lmao at all the people who say the onion has gone way downhill in the last few weeks, they published one article that didn't poo poo all over Hillary amidst the dozens that accuse her of being a robot, alien, sociopath, etc.

That article was a complete handjob that forgot to have a punchline, but it seems to have been an abberation for sure.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Otisburg posted:

That article was a complete handjob that forgot to have a punchline, but it seems to have been an abberation for sure.

Their boss was looking over their shoulder but now he's gone on lunch.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Elderbean posted:

Someone in the Onion thread here on PYF pointed out that their coverage of Hilary, especially in comparison to Bernie, is pretty heavy on the theme of her being the inevitable victor. Not as the objectively best choice mind you, just a ruthless cutthroat ready to do anything to secure her rightful throne.

Personally I don't mind if that's how it comes out, because it's a funny character. They haven't written much about Trump, but I feel like that's because they hate him too much to come up with material that isn't a string of expletives.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
The already wrote the most accurate article about Trump already.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Gann Jerrod posted:

The already wrote the most accurate article about Trump already.

Hey, no, not even close:

http://www.theonion.com/article/donald-trump-stares-forlornly-at-tiny-aged-penis-i-28589

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Duckworth lost both of her legs in the Iraq War.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

God dammit, facebook acquaintance.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

They might be in on the joke? I've shared those posts "seriously" before.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

I don't doubt that it was shared unironically, but the article & page itself are satire.

Right?

RIGHT?

Edit: The Facebook page is pure satire. And there are plenty of very mad people leaving comments. At least that fake page is funny, unlike the countless 'fake news lol!" sites popping up everywhere.

TotalLossBrain has a new favorite as of 02:11 on Mar 9, 2016

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I feel like the only time you see someone talk about overdosing on weed, it's people saying it ironically before they point out you can't overdose on it DUH :420:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

hanales posted:

They might be in on the joke? I've shared those posts "seriously" before.

If it wasn't shared unironically, they really need to be invited to Gaia's Dancing Indigo Children. :getin:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

TinTower posted:

:cripes: Republicans

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

TinTower posted:

It's also her birthday today.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Matt Walsh, a writer for Glenn Beck's The Blaze, wrote an article about how we need to pass laws that state.

1. You must pass a 5th grade civics test
2. Abolish Early Voting
3. Only tax payers can vote

This is in response to Donald Trump winning. The Facebook page is full of crazy comments but this one left me speechless

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Matt Walsh, a writer for Glenn Beck's The Blaze, wrote an article about how we need to pass laws that state.

2. Abolish Early Voting

This is in response to Donald Trump winning. The Facebook page is full of crazy comments but this one left me speechless

Why abolish early voting?

veggiebacon
Jul 14, 2015

2. Abolish Early Voting

This is something that actually comes up at my job somewhat regularly. Often with the same people who ask me where and how they can get their kid with a disability sterilized.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

oldpainless posted:

The argument goes that early (mail-in) voting encourages voter fraud.

e: It's a dumb argument.

TotalLossBrain has a new favorite as of 04:50 on Mar 9, 2016

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Why early voting should be abolished by Matt Walsh

quote:

Early voting problematic for a few practical reasons, namely that people are voting before the candidates have actually completed campaigning. The Louisiana GOP primary on Saturday was called for Trump about 20 minutes after the polls closed because so many people voted before they opened that day. That means many of them probably voted before Trump’s disastrous Michigan debate. They cast their ballot for him, then turned on the TV to see him bragging about his penis size. Perhaps that wouldn’t have changed their minds, but it’s nonetheless foolish to officially give your vote to a candidate before he’s finished making his pitch.

That aside, why shouldn’t voting be a bit inconvenient? Sure, The Powers That Be would make it as effortless and passive an activity as possible, but that’s because effortless voting ensures the participation of people who aren’t all that interested in doing it. I’m sure if our politicians could, they’d send lackeys to your home to cradle you like an infant and carry you to the polls while they sing lullabies softly in your ear. If the law would permit it, they’d let you vote through text message or an iPhone app. Eventually, if they get their way, you’ll be able to cast your ballot over the phone while you order a pizza, and you’d get free bread sticks as a reward.

“Yes, I’d like a large deep dish with extra pepperoni. Oh, and put me down for Donald Trump. Man, if feels so good to be an involved citizen!”

Mark my words, if we continue on this trajectory, soon you’ll be able to walk out your front door in your pajamas and belch, and there’ll be some kind of satellite in space that picks up the sound and interprets it as a vote. And I’m sure voter turnout will be almost 100 percent! What a win for democracy!

Or maybe a real win for democracy would be a voting system that requires a small smidgen of sacrifice, energy, and effort. Yes, that sort of system would immediately weed out 30 percent of the electorate. That’s the point. Our country would be better off if only the folks willing to make the sacrifice and the effort participated. I’m not saying you should have to ride a donkey into the forest and wade through a swamp and climb a mountain and plunge into a cave and navigate an obstacle course and find the Holy Grail in order to vote — although I wouldn’t necessarily be opposed to such a policy – but I am saying, at the very least, voting should require you to carve out a couple hours on one particular day.

Obviously active duty military would be an exception here. Folks who are serving or who have served already made the sacrifice and the effort. If their duties require them to vote early or mail a ballot in or whatever, they’ve earned that right. They’ve earned the right to vote in every sense. The rest of us have not, which is where step three comes in.

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/in-order-to-save-america-we-must-legally-prevent-oblivious-people-from-voting/

lfield
May 10, 2008

TotalLossBrain posted:

The argument goes that early (mail-in) voting encourages voter fraud.

And the actual reason is that whoever is proposing abolishing it thinks their side will get a larger proportion of the vote share as a result.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

In other words, poors should not be allowed to vote.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Matt Walsh is an overall forgettable dude, but every now and then a Facebook friend posts something non-political* that he's written about like being a spouse or a parent or something and I'm reminded that he is the human equivalent of Norovirus. He's not powerful enough to kill you but he will certainly make you miserable until you forget he exists again.

*even in his family stuff he still manages to get in a homophobic jab. That little dude is so proud of himself for not licking a man's butthole.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

"The only way we can have true democracy is by keeping people from voting!"

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

Hey guys let's just literally never talk to me again maybe that'll fix things

chitoryu12 posted:

"The only way we can have true democracy is by keeping people from voting!"

More like "Let's make this thing that barely even resembles a democracy even less so!"

I mean we vote in leaders from 2 choices max for each seat in the government, whoop dee doo.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Why early voting should be abolished by Matt Walsh

quote:

Sure, The Powers That Be would make it as effortless and passive an activity as possible, but that’s because effortless voting ensures the participation of people who aren’t all that interested in doing it. I’m sure if our politicians could, they’d send lackeys to your home to cradle you like an infant and carry you to the polls while they sing lullabies softly in your ear. If the law would permit it, they’d let you vote through text message or an iPhone app. Eventually, if they get their way, you’ll be able to cast your ballot over the phone while you order a pizza, and you’d get free bread sticks as a reward.

“Yes, I’d like a large deep dish with extra pepperoni. Oh, and put me down for Donald Trump. Man, if feels so good to be an involved citizen!”

Mark my words, if we continue on this trajectory, soon you’ll be able to walk out your front door in your pajamas and belch, and there’ll be some kind of satellite in space that picks up the sound and interprets it as a vote. And I’m sure voter turnout will be almost 100 percent! What a win for democracy!

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/in-order-to-save-america-we-must-legally-prevent-oblivious-people-from-voting/

I unironically support each and every suggestion listed here. gently caress yes I want to be cradled and sung sweet lullabies to the polling station, that sounds amazing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

White girl talking while the black girls stand at the back. Jesus everyone got hung up on the name of the loving cookies and didn't pay attention to the image itself.. Yeah, it's casual racism and it's not intentional, but it' there.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

oldpainless posted:

It allows more people to vote and suppressing voter turnout is good for conservatives.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I'll never understand the reasoning behind "You fools! They're only promising you basic human rights to trick you into voting for them!"

That's, uh, how Democracy works, isn't it?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
how do you guys deal with the anarchists on your profiles? even when I don't make straight up political posts I have this anarchist guy always jumping into my posts saying "heh if you were an anarchist..."

http://imgur.com/K2KzSTy thats one of his most recent posts, but he's always pulling the whole "heh sheeple, paying taxes...." and I'm pretty sure he pays his taxes too so

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I also think that "People who care more about and are more involved* in politics will make better votes!" is probably not true at all. There probably isn't any relationship between people caring a lot about something and being correct about it. A single issue voter isn't any better than someone who inundates themselves in right wing information before voting.

*This is what they mean when they say "informed", since by "informed" they're usuually just referring to being a person who consumes a lot of political-related information, regardless of whether the information is accurate or not.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

how do you guys deal with the anarchists on your profiles?

By not having them in the first place. More than any other group, anarchists are incapable of acting like a normal person. Anarchism is their sole defining trait, and that poo poo is just way too tiring to deal with.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Who What Now posted:

By not having them in the first place. More than any other group, anarchists are incapable of acting like a normal person. Anarchism is their sole defining trait, and that poo poo is just way too tiring to deal with.

See also: People who became libertarians after reading Atlas Shrugged.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Who What Now posted:

More than any other group, anarchists are incapable of acting like a normal person. Anarchism is their sole defining trait, and that poo poo is just way too tiring to deal with.

For an example of this, see the Noisebridge thread on YOSPOS.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lmao

SERVICE GUARANTEES CITIZENSHIP

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Eponine posted:

Matt Walsh is an overall forgettable dude, but every now and then a Facebook friend posts something non-political* that he's written about like being a spouse or a parent or something and I'm reminded that he is the human equivalent of Norovirus. He's not powerful enough to kill you but he will certainly make you miserable until you forget he exists again.

*even in his family stuff he still manages to get in a homophobic jab. That little dude is so proud of himself for not licking a man's butthole.

The best part about all this is that he goes on and on how only people who actually contribute to society should have a vote, but he himself is a loving professional blogger (though he calls himself a "professional truth sayer" :jerkbag:). You could strike Matt Walsh from society and not one person would be even minorly inconvenienced by his absence. And yet he goes around telling people they're not important enough to vote.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

quote:

GKay GKay Looks like some women folks are acknowledging this statement. So it must be true, I guess.
12 hrs ·

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niven
Apr 16, 2003
I was looking around online for a recipe to make dog-safe cake. Someone had very strong opinions on the matter.