Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Hawaii results coming in, Trump off to an early lead in the rural counties...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
With approximately 200 votes in so far, Predictit has decided that Trump won Hawaii and Rubio's got no chance. 200 votes on one of the small islands.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
If you think Trump is going to lose Hawaii get in the market right the gently caress now.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Ben Carson is beating Jeb Bush

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

You can get Trump yes or cruz no shares in MO for under 35c if you want em. He's probably going to lose because I'm in but hey.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

500 shares of Trump no. WHATEVER let's do it HAWAII

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

So Hawaii is expecting at least 10k, if not 20k primary voters. There are currently a little over 500 votes that are putting trump in a fairly big lead. Here's hoping the big island will crush him like a turnip.

I'm in at 200 shares.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Garrand posted:

So Hawaii is expecting at least 10k, if not 20k primary voters. There are currently a little over 500 votes that are putting trump in a fairly big lead. Here's hoping the big island will crush him like a turnip.

The big island has almost no one on it. You mean Oahu, probably.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Vox Nihili posted:

The big island has almost no one on it. You mean Oahu, probably.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It really is funny how it looks like Trump is crushing Hawaii, but it looks like maybe 3% of the vote has actually come in. Come on Hawaii, pick an anyone but Trump.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Gyges posted:

It really is funny how it looks like Trump is crushing Hawaii, but it looks like maybe 3% of the vote has actually come in. Come on Hawaii, pick an anyone but Trump.

In the instances where Trump won the rurals but lost the state, the rurals have never broken for him by this big a margin. So if he loses, it will sort of be a first. That's probably why Trump Yes is at 95 right now.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Gyges posted:

Yeah, I just sold my 100 Cruz NOs for 98c because I don't really wanna spend all night nervously refreshing the NYT for an extra $2

Also Rubio is officially below Paul Ryan for RNOM :laffo:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Jewel Repetition posted:

In the instances where Trump won the rurals but lost the state, the rurals have never broken for him by this big a margin. So if he loses, it will sort of be a first. That's probably why Trump Yes is at 95 right now.

Hawaii is a really weird state. I imagine 75% of the votes will come in at once when a few key Oahu locations report.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Actually if I'm being honest the reason it's 95 is probably people looking at the % precincts reporting but not the % voters reporting. I mean if Predictit wasn't full of dummies you wouldn't all be able to make so much money from it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Vox Nihili posted:

Hawaii is a really weird state. I imagine 75% of the votes will come in at once when a few key Oahu locations report.

Yeah, they're talking about 30k voters and we've got less than 2k in. Trump could totally win Hawaii, because nobody actually knows who's going to win Hawaii. However there's 200 some votes separating him and Cruz right now with tens of thousands still out.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I think Trump will win HI, but I’m certainly less than 97% sure he will.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

This feels painfully similar to Alaska. C'mon Cruz, win the churchgoing bigots in the settlement proper.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
Hey guys just woke up what's going o

oh

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
We need to change the thread icon to this: [img]http://fi.somethingawful.com/forums/posticons/phiz-dollas.gif#668[[/img]

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jesus christ

i'm up like 5% after tonight because of proper diversification and hedging

i read every post and what the gently caress

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Aliquid posted:

jesus christ

i'm up like 5% after tonight because of proper diversification and hedging

i read every post and what the gently caress

i mean, i even had a terrible night. instead of putting in a buy order of Hillary MO YES at .62 I put in a sell order and lost all my goddamn shares until I bought in again, and I'm still up 5%

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So which Republican is going to run third party?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

If I'd followed my heart on the dems in Michigan I'd have like $5000 in my account. Instead I was rational and played swings elsewhere, then died when the site died and I was frozen out. Then I threw away an extra $50 in Hawaii and now I'm stuck staring at this screen until some big precincts report on Oahu.

So much for the winningish streak.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

If I'd followed my heart on the dems in Michigan I'd have like $5000 in my account. Instead I was rational and played swings elsewhere, then died when the site died and I was frozen out. Then I threw away an extra $50 in Hawaii and now I'm stuck staring at this screen until some big precincts report on Oahu.

So much for the winningish streak.

this is me except 2nd place. I had 6000 shares of Cruz finishing 2nd at 6 cents. But i flipped it all over time while panicking over impending MI Dems doom. I finished up like 20% today so I can't complain but I could have doubled if not tripled my account. Oh well.

The good news is the Bernies are back. And they no longer believe polls. I shall hunt bernies.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

trump better win mo!!!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

a cop posted:

trump better win mo!!!

He will buddy, he will. And you'll have all the fluffy rabbits you want, too. *mournfully loads revolver behind your back*

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

G-Hawk posted:

this is me except 2nd place. I had 6000 shares of Cruz finishing 2nd at 6 cents.

._.

Vox Nihili posted:

He will buddy, he will. And you'll have all the fluffy rabbits you want, too. *mournfully loads revolver behind your back*

I am also petting the rabbit of Trump MO YES

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Arkane posted:

So which Republican is going to run third party?

At this rate, three of them, all stealing 14% of the different shades of disaffected GOPes from each other

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Adar posted:

At this rate, three of them, all stealing 14% of the different shades of disaffected GOPes from each other

agreed. we are in the clusterfuck timeline and everything owns

Edit bad at math

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 10:28 on Mar 9, 2016

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
seriously though, now that Rubio is on the way out the door, is your answer to "does Kasich win > 3 states" the same as mine, and if it is, are we just gonna bet the orange man the rest of the way or what

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I am going to bet on The Orange Man

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

me

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Aliquid posted:

._.

I am also petting the rabbit of Trump MO YES

Haha, same, actually.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I took some time off after Super Tuesday because I knew the smart play was to grind back out a profit with safer bets and then I bought SANDERS.NO in MI

JohnnyPalace
Oct 23, 2001

I'm gonna eat shit out of his own lemonade stand!
I lost it all on MI. I'm done.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Seems the class traitors all lost :colbert:

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Pray for me boys

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gyges posted:

I just need those fuckers to start reporting so I know if I should max out my Rubio No to increase my take.

rip

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
me, now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx
Wow, I'm so glad that I sat last night out. And now, honestly, I have no idea where things are going from here. I'm probably gonna hold back and go more on international markets where there are more fish who don't know what's going on outside the US.

• Locked thread