Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Dominic Monaghan has a huge passion for lizards and creepy crawlies that is really evident if you watch his show, Wild Things. His enthusiasm and affection for animals reminds me of watching Steve Irwin when I was younger. His show involves him travelling all over the world, looking for rare and weird critters. It's really neat, and he usually checks out a bit of the local culture while he's there.

There was an episode he did where he found a massive python chilling out in a tree, and he actually got up in the tree and was kinda spooning with the python a bit. It was kind of odd to see a wild snake putting up with that kind of close contact, but Dominic seemed very at-ease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

This is Helena, my husband got her just before we met. She's awesome as hell, has gotten more than one person over their snake fear, and she's not head-shy in the least. We lost power last November in our first real winter storm, so she slept in bed between me and our girl kitties for warmth.

Reptiles are great and cuddly.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Even grumpy snakes are pretty cute. This lil dude puffed at me a lot, but hognose are well known drama queens.

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF
I love skakes, Jock! I love em'!

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

nerdz posted:

Vaporwave spider?

now some cute food:

These new google recaptchas are getting way too tricky

So...cats loaf, and dogs bagel. Good to know.

Jisae
Oct 1, 2004

What a bargain!

Tambaloneus posted:

I think there might even be some species that are perpetually small and adorable. I totally want to keep but know nothing about them so I'll wait till I can do all the approps research because d'awwww i love lil lizards and snakes and all things tiny and adorable, scaly or not.

When I was a kid I had an Eastern Worm Snake as a pet. I made a terrarium for it and he would either burrow down into the soil or find a nice tight space in the old logs and bark I had in there. His name was Squirmy and I would feed him grubs and worms :3:
If you want to try to find one yourself they come out after rainfall. And yes, they don't get any bigger than this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65t_GwSVlQI

Jisae has a new favorite as of 05:26 on Mar 9, 2016

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I found a worm snake in my laundry hamper one day, poor guy was pretty freaked out so I relocated him outside. I wish I'd known he wasn't venomous at the time.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Scathach posted:

This is Helena, my husband got her just before we met. She's awesome as hell, has gotten more than one person over their snake fear, and she's not head-shy in the least. We lost power last November in our first real winter storm, so she slept in bed between me and our girl kitties for warmth.

Your snake and cats get along? That is the first time I've ever heard of that animal mix. I suppose if the snake is recently fed it's not going to be looking for a midnight snack.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Scathach posted:

Reptiles are great and cuddly.

:kimchi: I love her giant head.

This isn't sneakchat but look at MY weird cat

IN A BAG

Also, my boyfriend's mom's cat, who we took care of for a bit:

He was bad at photoshoots

ps: here is them side by side

(please excuse the dirty kitchen)

cash crab has a new favorite as of 06:13 on Mar 9, 2016

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

cash crab posted:

ps: here is them side by side

(please excuse the dirty kitchen)

What a couple of fatties :)

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Jisae posted:

When I was a kid I had an Eastern Worm Snake as a pet. I made a terrarium for it and he would either burrow down into the soil or find a nice tight space in the old logs and bark I had in there. His name was Squirmy and I would feed him grubs and worms :3:
If you want to try to find one yourself they come out after rainfall. And yes, they don't get any bigger than this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65t_GwSVlQI

I love it's teeny little tongue! I want 8!

PK
Apr 30, 2004

EXFOLIATE! EXFOLIATE! EXFOLIATE!
Guys there's a shoe thief in my house

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Snakes are surprisingly pleasant to touch. Since their scales are always rubbing at the ground, they're smooth and supple.

Speaking of touching things...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mizuti posted:

Snakes are surprisingly pleasant to touch. Since their scales are always rubbing at the ground, they're smooth and supple.

Speaking of touching things...

Eww, don't stroke your Dik in public, you pervert.

cash crab posted:

This isn't sneakchat but look at MY weird cat

IN A BAG

I dunno, that looks like a sneakcat to me. He also looks awfully upset at being found.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Yay thread title!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

PK posted:

Guys there's a shoe thief in my house

They don't even fit!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Kramjacks posted:

What a couple of fatties :)

They both lost weight! That's the whole reason giant fatty (or "Gravy Boat", as I called him) was with us. He did a great job.

CherryCola posted:

Yay thread title!

:allears: Good selfie.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dienes posted:

Fun fact: Most tarantulas kept in captivity are female. Males only live about a year but the girls live 20-40 years.

"Sorry little lady, today is not your day."

Tarantulas can be surprisingly pretty!

Antilles Pink-Toe Tarantula

Sri Lankan Tarantula

So bright and colorful!

Actually with a bit more care male tarantulas can live almost as long as females. The males usually die at their adult molt because their pedipalps (the leg looking things near the face) swell (they have the male sex organs) which traps them in their molt. Some glycerin on the pedipalps can help them get out.

Of course this is all significantly more stressful than a regular molt so their lifespan isn't going to be as long as a female's regardless.

E: For the spider fearing arachniphobia can be cured in about 4 hours via exposure therapy. Spiders are actually big goofballs and very few of them are actually dangerous to people in any capacity. Tarantulas are goofy as gently caress and will get spooked by their own food.

Improbable Lobster has a new favorite as of 15:34 on Mar 9, 2016

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Scorpions are way scarier than spiders anyway

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Improbable Lobster posted:

Actually with a bit more care male tarantulas can live almost as long as females. The males usually die at their adult molt because their pedipalps (the leg looking things near the face) swell (they have the male sex organs) which traps them in their molt. Some glycerin on the pedipalps can help them get out.

Of course this is all significantly more stressful than a regular molt so their lifespan isn't going to be as long as a female's regardless.

E: For the spider fearing arachniphobia can be cured in about 4 hours via exposure therapy. Spiders are actually big goofballs and very few of them are actually dangerous to people in any capacity. Tarantulas are goofy as gently caress and will get spooked by their own food.

I heard tarantulas from the old world are poisonous and bitey assholes.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Good big snek. :kimchi:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

cash crab posted:

:kimchi: I love her giant head.

It's okay Scathach, I think your head is perfectly normal sized :shobon:

Am I reading this correctly that the way to keep male 'rantulas alive you have to give them handjobs?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Bundle of Keys posted:

I heard tarantulas from the old world are poisonous and bitey assholes.

All spiders are venomous, but yeah old world tend to be more aggressive. New world are less aggressive since they have urticating hairs that they can flick to ward off attackers before they have to bite. Of course, this varies a ton by individual spiders. I've seen new world tarantulas that are aggressive and old world's that are docile.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

http://i.imgur.com/0tzTgfO.webm

Guy makes wheelchair out of a mini skateboard + sock for his paralyzed bunny

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

I went bouldering once and stuck my fingers in a hold full of (thankfully small, non-bitey) spiders. It was "suck it up or fall 20 feet." And that, friends, is how I was somewhat cured (or at least not nearly as scared as I was) of arachnophobia.

Those big Australian ones that they find in toilets, or the ones that fall from the sky and create webs that look like snow because there are so many of them? Those can go gently caress themselves. I have my limits.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Hakkesshu posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Hakkesshu posted:

Eh, I've heard some mixed things regarding this cute rabbit: https://www.thedodo.com/wheelz-rabbit-wheelchair-1622557720.html

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
My buddy Beans the dog donated blood on Monday. It went well. He made friends with everyone and ate like half a pound of liver treats.

After he donated he got a steak dinner, then went and took a nap.

He's going to donate every 3 months because I'm not able to anymore.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Niggurath posted:

Eh, I've heard some mixed things regarding this cute rabbit: https://www.thedodo.com/wheelz-rabbit-wheelchair-1622557720.html

This is starting to become the bummer thread

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Rule one of this thread is if you can't post something cute, don't post anything at all.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Antioch posted:

My buddy Beans the dog donated blood on Monday. It went well. He made friends with everyone and ate like half a pound of liver treats.

After he donated he got a steak dinner, then went and took a nap.

He's going to donate every 3 months because I'm not able to anymore.

A good dog.

The best part about a dog donating blood, is you know that if they could understand what was happening, they'd be 100% for it.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

RandomFerret posted:

Rule one of this thread is if you can't post something cute, don't post anything at all.

FERRETS

e: Another weird cat, on her birthday

cash crab has a new favorite as of 04:10 on Mar 10, 2016

Curiosity
Sep 12, 2012

That kitten that was found half frozen (and rescued!) in November is now taking good care of his human :3:

Full video
https://youtu.be/0ohRcyfZvLg

Curiosity has a new favorite as of 05:40 on Mar 10, 2016

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Curiosity posted:

That kitten that was found half frozen (and rescued!) in November is now taking good care of his human :3:

Full video
https://youtu.be/0ohRcyfZvLg

Good catte. :kimchi:

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Human is sick I'll fix him!
http://i.imgur.com/OqbC4Rw.webm

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahah its terrible that they titled one of the videos about him 'World's Chillest Cat' :haw:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Maggie Fletcher posted:

I went bouldering once and stuck my fingers in a hold full of (thankfully small, non-bitey) spiders. It was "suck it up or fall 20 feet." And that, friends, is how I was somewhat cured (or at least not nearly as scared as I was) of arachnophobia.

Those big Australian ones that they find in toilets, or the ones that fall from the sky and create webs that look like snow because there are so many of them? Those can go gently caress themselves. I have my limits.

Australian toilet spiders are what we call daddy long-legs, they're so fragile and pathetic and slow and have a body about the size of a speck of dust, it's impossible to be afraid of them.

If you're thinking of huntsmen, the big wall spiders, they stick near the roof, are totally harmless, and eat spiders that might be harmful.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Look at this tum! Look at this tum!

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
Like a dog, but not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Hyperlynx posted:

Look at this tum! Look at this tum!

Every white foofy cat I've known has been a snarling terror, so as much as I want to snorfle that belly I just know it's a trap and I'm about to be hurt real real bad.

I'd still do it though. God help me, I'd still snorfle that belly.

• Locked thread