Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I think the best part of the rematch was that Ghost Raptor managed to win despite disabling its own weapon and getting whacked by the sledgehammer, simply by pushing CompleteControl around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

FlyinPingu posted:

Okay, but what if everyone knew about his disgustingly small hands?

That's what the "Trump Has Tiny Hands" PAC is for.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah there used to be really strict rules against using nets or tangling devices but for this season they rewrote that rule so that technically it didn't say that but you could tell that was still the spirit of the rule. The Complete Control team thought they'd found a loophole so they pulled this stunt on the Ghost Raptor and absolutely everyone turned on them in about .05 of a second. It was a dick move and it was really satisfying to see them get their asses kicked in the rematch.

You have to admit, the birthday present full of net was really funny though

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Carbon dioxide posted:

That's one way to get a head in life.

Content:

https://i.imgur.com/1DoZBJl.webm

Every single one of these stupid fuckers does the same thing. They spur the horse (go forward) at the same time they pull on the reins (slow down/stop/go backwards). WHY HORSE GO STRAIGHT UP?

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Yeah there used to be really strict rules against using nets or tangling devices but for this season they rewrote that rule so that technically it didn't say that but you could tell that was still the spirit of the rule. The Complete Control team thought they'd found a loophole so they pulled this stunt on the Ghost Raptor and absolutely everyone turned on them in about .05 of a second. It was a dick move and it was really satisfying to see them get their asses kicked in the rematch.

That Ghost Raptor leader was pretty douchey though tbh imo

Also:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
That Ruddha guy said that dark souls ruined other video games for him, he's a cool dude in my book

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
Why do things like this happen to people with my name? I'ts only a matter of time before i'm next.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Getting off the highway with snow smeared on the windshield without any wiper blades was almost more of a white knuckle experience than getting hit with the ice.

Try having your hood flip up on you. I had it happen twice in a 95 Civic when it was around 10 years old. Didn't break the windshield, thankfully. But gently caress that's terrifying.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

ante posted:

That Ghost Raptor leader was pretty douchey though tbh imo

Also:

What's his username?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Catching up on the thread and skipped to last minute of the new LA Beast, thought the ad was pretty good

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

pfffffffffft posted:

Catching up on the thread and skipped to last minute of the new LA Beast, thought the ad was pretty good

Oh god it's so chunky :stonk:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

No, it was awesome.

And drafting dumb rules because someone found a great advantage is dumb as gently caress.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Honestly, I would have given him the win for the audacity of having that little robot come out with a trapped gift box.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

A Something Awful robot would belong more at Hebocon.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

No, it was awesome.

And drafting dumb rules because someone found a great advantage is dumb as gently caress.

The net was always banned, just not by name. The rules for the 2015 competition prohibit "squirting glue, throwing out fishing line, ball bearings, and such." It was in the same spirit as the original 1990s and early 2000s rules that banned nets, but didn't specifically mention them by name so they tried to exploit the loophole and use a net for an instant win. You can see exactly why tangling weapons like nets and fishing line are banned by watching how unbeatable it is.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Glue and fishing line and ball bearings would be amazing. Nets too powerful? Get better bots. Attach a flame thrower and burn them nets off.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Its dumb that they even got into the ring with that whole 'net wrapped in a present' set-up. I'm not against robots having the element of surprise against their opponents but not a secret to the show producers, etc.. Each bot and their weapons should be inspected by the judges before the match begins, at the very least when they were loading a box onto their bot someone should have asked what was in it before letting it get into the ring. Theres nothing in the rules about not having a robot bring random crap not attached to it into a fight? Even if the box was empty the robot was bringing in an outside obstacle. poo poo makes me think they knew what the deal was but allowed it to make the show interesting.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Just to be sure :nws: http://i.imgur.com/oFfL5r9.jpg :nws:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

you can tell this is fake because who the gently caress uses commas in text messages

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

It's beause robot fights is a freakshow circus that you watch to laugh about with friends while you come up with shot-drinking minigames and not a sport and the producers know this. They should care even less about it though as the more gladiator-like weapons and explosions the better.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

FCKGW posted:

you can tell this is fake because who the gently caress uses commas in text messages

I do.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

yup

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Thirded. I do enough - for example - phone posting that I'm used to typing out full, grammatical sentences with a phone keyboard.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

AlphaKretin posted:

Thirded. I do enough - for example - phone posting that I'm used to typing out full, grammatical sentences with a phone keyboard.
what a bunch of freaks

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

FCKGW posted:

I've used semicolons properly in SMS.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Palpek posted:

what a bunch of freaks

It was only the 160 character SMS limit that made me avoid punctuation, With current mobile plans and whatsapp, im gonna be as grammatically correct as I can (mainly so I feel superior to the people that reply without punctuation, loving animals)

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

FCKGW posted:

Mom

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

I Am Crake posted:

Wouldn't any other material be harder to clean?
Maybe if it was done immediately, but good leather couches are stupid expensive and people who own them are crazy about protecting them. Chances are they got a good reaming from the owner if they found out.

Parts Kit has a new favorite as of 15:08 on Mar 9, 2016

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Parts Kit posted:

Maybe if it was done immediately, but good leather couches are stupid expensive and people who own them are crazy about protecting them. Chances are they got a good reaming from the owner if they found out.

I was like that until I had kids. Then I was just glad I could wipe vomit off the leather, as opposed to it soaking into a cloth couch.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I was like that until I had kids. Then I was just glad I could wipe vomit off the leather, as opposed to it soaking into a cloth couch.

Yeah we haven't bought expensive furniture or car upholstery in 6 years. It's all "how easy is it to clean, don't care what color it is".

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Yeah, this is like when she calls you by your full name; you know you're in deep doo.

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational

Kay Kessler posted:

A Something Awful robot would belong more at Hebocon.

my favorite one of those was the contestant who got lost or something on the way to the fights so they went and got a beer instead and submitted a photo of the beer. It seemed like the perfect summation of hebocon

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

mmj posted:

my favorite one of those was the contestant who got lost or something on the way to the fights so they went and got a beer instead and submitted a photo of the beer. It seemed like the perfect summation of hebocon

According to the video, she forgot her robot on the train and just gave up and went to the bar.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mmj posted:

I love the winner being embarrassed and apologizing for seriously trying to win :v:

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

From the USPol thread:

e.

blunt for century has a new favorite as of 18:47 on Mar 9, 2016

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Blackchamber posted:

Its dumb that they even got into the ring with that whole 'net wrapped in a present' set-up. I'm not against robots having the element of surprise against their opponents but not a secret to the show producers, etc.. Each bot and their weapons should be inspected by the judges before the match begins, at the very least when they were loading a box onto their bot someone should have asked what was in it before letting it get into the ring. Theres nothing in the rules about not having a robot bring random crap not attached to it into a fight? Even if the box was empty the robot was bringing in an outside obstacle. poo poo makes me think they knew what the deal was but allowed it to make the show interesting.

Duh?

Did you think their primary concern is the integrity and honor of battle bots? They're there to make money through entertainment.

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

Super vocal gun advocate gets blasted in the back by her 4 year old.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/pro-gun-florida-mom-shot-4-year-old-son-article-1.2558180

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

"A proud, pro-gun mom was accidentally shot by her 4-year-old son — just a day after the Second Amendment-loving woman boasted about her tot’s shooting kills."

Uh, hopefully that is supposed to be "skills"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Floreda Mom