Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Depths posted:

Also lol 144 is not a "good" framerate.

maybe you're just not a "good" player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I played 1.6 for years at 30 fps so I laugh when people complain about not hitting 300.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Hitting 300 isn't a problem, having it drop randomly 150 frames every few seconds kind of is

Also does any eurogoon know of good dm servers, brutalcs spawns have been broken for over a month and absolutely blows now

Katana Gomai posted:

maybe you're just not a "good" player

Literally no-one in this thread is a good cs player, so i dunno where you're going with that

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I think you'd have a hard job convincing any developer to give a poo poo if their graphical enhancements cause FPS swings from 300 to 150.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
i guess it's more like 200 frames because it definitely dips below 150 which is jarring on a 144hz screen

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Bohemian Nights posted:

Literally no-one in this thread is a good cs player, so i dunno where you're going with that

I just got 2 MVPs on my StatTrak music kit so I'm moving up in the world :downs:

(they were both from coop missions, somehow)

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

FMPONE please, just, stop.

Please. Stop.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Pretty easy way around that. Don't queue for Cache anymore :(

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Depths posted:

Also lol 144 is not a "good" framerate.

cant see above 30 frames

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

A truly excellent map creator.

He is tho?????

idg this thread sometimes jfc

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

fennesz posted:

Pretty easy way around that. Don't queue for Cache anymore :(

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

nftyw posted:

Vexed dissolving. Time to sell those vexed stickers too.

E: except nobody really cares about vexed so

I care about Vexed, and here's why:

- they have a player called Gruby, which literally means "fat" and is the most generic nickname for anyone to ever have in this country (like, every middle school class has a guy whom everyone calls "Gruby"), and also confirms my belief every team needs exactly one token fat guy. It's super fun to watch how no commentator has ever realised that and everyone says his name wrong, like it's an English word.
- they have a guy named Hyper whose family name means Slow, which is funny.
- Their coach is named Kuba "KubiK" Kubiak and yes, it's just as silly as it sounds. It's literally as if someone in an English-speaking country named their kid Jim "Jimmy" "Jameson.

Vexed matters :(

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Audax posted:

I played 1.6 for years at 30 fps so I laugh when people complain about not hitting 300.
I run an average of 80, so I just roll my eyes at people complaining about sub-200.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Just finished a mission on casual Nuke. Pretty sure I was rocking 40 frames while outside.

Thank gently caress I'm not forced to play on that abortion of a map anywhere else.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
nunuke is actually really good

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

symbolic posted:

I run an average of 80, so I just roll my eyes at people complaining about sub-200.

Have you ever played this game at 200 fps on a 144hz monitor before?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Google Butt posted:

Have you ever played this game at 200 fps on a 144hz monitor before?
I would if I could.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

symbolic posted:

I would if I could.

ok you wouldn't roll your eyes if you had

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

Also does any eurogoon know of good dm servers, brutalcs spawns have been broken for over a month and absolutely blows now

What did they do that was special because all I do is type ffa in the browser and pick the first crowded regular or pistol that I see

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I'm Silver II, ask me anything about being good at CS.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
So good i double tap my posts.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Ozmiander posted:

I'm Silver II, ask me anything about being good at CS.

What's it like playing for complexity?

Unicom
Mar 29, 2006

smdh if u don't have a computer that can run this game at 250fps+ easy on all maps anyways....

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Goofballs posted:

What did they do that was special because all I do is type ffa in the browser and pick the first crowded regular or pistol that I see

They used to have a fairly good spawn system where people (the majority of the time) wouldn't spawn when a player was within a certain proximity of the spawn point or if they were looking directly at it, so spawn-ins were pretty evenly distributed over the map. A couple of months ago a prominent deathmatch coder decided to quit doing cs-stuff so post-patch the spawn system is all broken and people spawn in the exact same place you just did, all looking at your back- or equally annoying, they'll just suddenly spawn right in front of you while you're running down a corridor.

I don't really mind getting shot in the back, that's par for the course for FFA, but getting shot in the back less than a second after I spawn in, from where I spawned in, that's starting to get my goat. It also doesn't spread people around the map as well as it used to due to the proximity spawn thing being broken, so you can have a clusterfuck of people spawning and dying in upper dark while A-long is completely empty

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 9, 2016

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I guess I have seen that happening but I don't give a poo poo while i'm in ffa because I'm listening to music or whatever at the same time. Anyhow I haven't seen a system like you described, just protection after spawning which seemed to encourage even more passivity.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Counterpoint: roca

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Bohemian Nights posted:

Hitting 300 isn't a problem, having it drop randomly 150 frames every few seconds kind of is

It's me, the good cs player

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

symbolic posted:

Counterpoint: roca

nova 1 isnt much better

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

VP is losing again

Big L
Oct 30, 2005

Fedora Emelianenko
To be fair, they were doing pretty well until the DDOS happened and now Pasha is playing with ~150ping. :mad:

e: To put it in context for people not watching, they were up 9-1 on T side Overpass and then were pretty much playing 4v5 for the rest of the match.

Big L fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Mar 9, 2016

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

A truly excellent map creator.

As 3kliksphillip once said, "... crates in a warehouse."

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

NV's first game with DEVIL is happening right now if y'all want to see how this will turn out.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Love Stole the Day posted:

As 3kliksphillip once said, "... crates in a warehouse."

deagle warehouse is good

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Dongicus posted:

He is tho?????

idg this thread sometimes jfc

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I just discovered that they did a showmatch between NiP 2005 and NiP 2013. They really need to do more of these. It was really fun to watch old school ex-pros absolutely poo poo on the newer pros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzIDeSoJFb8

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

symbolic posted:

NV's first game with DEVIL is happening right now if y'all want to see how this will turn out.

spoiler alert: not great

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

real dilemma posted:

spoiler alert: not great
I don't think anyone expects a first match with a new player to be fantastic for that team.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Ask me anything about my mane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
honestly the new market restriction thing is so stupid and will probably backfire for valve. now selling all my 3 cent skins is even more of a minor inconvenience!!!!