Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Nah, I made 193 off Hawaii. I had negative risk there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Arkane posted:

Romney Run traded up to 35 cents earlier tonight.

That was weird.

This was actually me selling my NO shares down to 65c so that I could throw more money at Bernie.NO :negative:

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Aliquid posted:

jesus christ

i'm up like 5% after tonight because of proper diversification and hedging

i read every post and what the gently caress

Seriously. I started hedging after I lost some sure bets earlier this month. I bought MI.Bernie YES at $.09 because eh, it was cheap :shrug:

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Sylink posted:

Seems the class traitors all lost :colbert:

a fitting end

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
don't go crazy in north carolina

e: on the other hand, NC's population centers are pretty white, but on the other other hand, Clinton in Tennessee.

WhiskeyJuvenile has issued a correction as of 14:55 on Mar 9, 2016

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

all i'll say is this: methinks there's work left to do with likely voter model theory

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Blah. I lost all my profits and part of my original investment tonight. I'm done.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Sylink posted:

Seems the class traitors all lost :colbert:

Actually I think you'll find that we were the most aggressive when it comes to redistributing the wealth

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

railroad terror posted:

Blah. I lost all my profits and part of my original investment tonight. I'm done.

But how are you going to get your original investment back if you don't double down?

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Gyges posted:

But how are you going to get your original investment back if you don't double down?

I tell you, maybe the only thing keeping me on the site after last night is that I am ahead now, but I'll be behind if I accept the withdrawl tax right now.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Before last night i was mostly convinced the GOP side could get messy on predictit and people were too over-confident on the favorites in each state based on limited data and mostly unreliable pollsters.

Turns out my idea was right but it was Michigan Democratic side :aaa:

March 15th is going to be really interesting. My only play so far was picking up a bunch of Hillary at discount last night because the Bernie surge last night went real overboard. Florida at 80 cents? sure.

GOP side i'm really, really happy I profit took on FL a couple days ago and got out of trump no.

Also I like Trump NO for DC Conv right now, around 60~

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Any thoughts on the DC GOP convention or whatever weird thing they do there? I'm leaning trump at the moment. Gonna try and hold out.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Why would Republican voters in DC, a majority of whom work for the federal government or as a government contractor (or rely on these people to supplement their income), vote for the candidate most likely to alter the foundation of their well-being? I just don't see it, no matter what the betting market says.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

G-Hawk posted:

Before last night i was mostly convinced the GOP side could get messy on predictit and people were too over-confident on the favorites in each state based on limited data and mostly unreliable pollsters.

Turns out my idea was right but it was Michigan Democratic side :aaa:

March 15th is going to be really interesting. My only play so far was picking up a bunch of Hillary at discount last night because the Bernie surge last night went real overboard. Florida at 80 cents? sure.

GOP side i'm really, really happy I profit took on FL a couple days ago and got out of trump no.

Also I like Trump NO for DC Conv right now, around 60~

I poured the rest of my money into Hillary IL at a discount after last night. It was trading in the 70s yesterday with a brief dip into the 60s. Another "sure thing" since it's her birth state and the last poll had her +30.5!

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Is there a better api to this site? Trying to see actual trends is hard as gently caress, though maybe deliberately.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Gyges posted:

The gambling addict in me 5 years ago would have said the same thing!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Congratulations to that ballsy fucker who bet on Sanders winning Michigan based on his debate performance.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Soooo so loving glad I decided to just get a small profit on my Sanders NO and not let it ride when I went to the store. Managed to sell all my 37 cent shares at 38 and avoided a massive blowout. Sorry for the losses in this thread.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

RIP to those who fell

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Peachstapler posted:

Why would Republican voters in DC, a majority of whom work for the federal government or as a government contractor (or rely on these people to supplement their income), vote for the candidate most likely to alter the foundation of their well-being? I just don't see it, no matter what the betting market says.

Anecdotal so take this with a grain of salt: I live in NoVA and regularly hang out in DC and Trump is massively unpopular here. Take note that NoVA massively went for Rubio in the VA election despite Trump ultimately winning it. If I weren't stuck in a conference for the next two weeks Id put money on Trump.No

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
*Also I don't know how conventions work

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
lol

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Necc0 posted:

*Also I don't know how conventions work
Neither do I but you probably can take Alexandria's results from 01 Mar, swap Rubio and Kasich, and more-or-less have yourself a solid position for Saturday.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
The DC thing is a really good bellwether for what the establishment does now that Rubio is dead and there is no one to turn to. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kasich win it but Cruz will probably run close.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Necc0 posted:

Anecdotal so take this with a grain of salt: I live in NoVA and regularly hang out in DC and Trump is massively unpopular here. Take note that NoVA massively went for Rubio in the VA election despite Trump ultimately winning it. If I weren't stuck in a conference for the next two weeks Id put money on Trump.No

Yep I'm going huge on Trump No here and playing up his chances in the comments like a complete dick. What have I become.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

Yep I'm going huge on Trump No here and playing up his chances in the comments like a complete dick. What have I become.

Did...did you mean what you said in the mo market..

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Closed for maintenance, ugh gently caress i want to bet on the rubio dropout market even though i don't know if it exists yet

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
something significant happening while the market was down would be quite the refresh race

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

It's back

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

a cop posted:

what he said is true and exactly why i've got trump MO YES

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Aliquid posted:

what he said is true and exactly why i've got trump MO YES

ride together die together

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

I'm hoping tonights debate inflates Sanders a bit in IL and MO so I can dump them for a small gain.

Then I'll buy more roulette tickets if it goes back to single digits.

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Sylink posted:

I'm hoping tonights debate inflates Sanders a bit in IL and MO so I can dump them for a small gain.

Then I'll buy more roulette tickets if it goes back to single digits.

That's what I'm doing with Bernie FL Yes. Bought at $0.09, gonna sell on any rise.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

a cop posted:

I think Trump will win there on the strength of independent/crossover support, yeah.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
Not touching Trump.MO with a hundred foot pole. There is a debate tomorrow where something retarded is guaranteed to happen and three other states where dead money candidates are getting massive points. No need to get greedy.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Man thanks again for that tip on the Bloomberg market whoever that was. Market's already almost back to sanity.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Ya'll need to buy all these cheap Clinton Wins OH/FL/MO shares so I can get some diversified Bernie lottery tickets.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Rubio and Kasich dropout markets are live and evil - Will he drop out within 2 days after FL/OH?

I guess NO is what you take if you think he gets pushed out before Florida.

Made some money flipping Rubio NO, but greatly underestimated the thirst for Rubio NO and only made 5 cents a share instead of doubling my money like I could've dang.

edit: fun fact, currently Joe Biden is more likely to win the general election for president than Marco Rubio in PredictIt.

edit edit: How did I miss this gem of a market:

https://www.predictit.org/Contract/2281/Will-Trump-be-bleeped-during-the-CNN-Univision-debate#data

pathetic little tramp has issued a correction as of 00:52 on Mar 10, 2016

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

pathetic little tramp posted:

Rubio and Kasich dropout markets are live and evil - Will he drop out within 2 days after FL/OH?

I guess NO is what you take if you think he gets pushed out before Florida.

edit: fun fact, currently Joe Biden is more likely to win the general election for president than Marco Rubio in PredictIt.

Biden's the horse to bet on if you think that (1) Clinton is going to get charged over the email server and (2) in some hypothetical universe where she does get charged, they'd give Biden the nomination instead of Sanders. He has a route to it but you'd have to pretty loving stupid to believe these two not-going-to-happen things will happen.

Meanwhile Rubio has no route whatsoever.

edit:

This guy's got it:

quote:

Shang Tsung • a minute ago

Man, how crazy is this market going to go when he does that thing where he says the f word but bleeps himself by cutting short on the F?

He did that poo poo when he called invading Iraq a "big fu- big fat mistake" and it ruled

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 00:56 on Mar 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
I sold my TRUMPYES in FL for a solid profit. If Rubio drops out, I would expect Trump to go down and Cruz to go up, right?

• Locked thread