Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Logan Cunningham is really good too and I hope he gets more work!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I kind of get what they were going for but god drat Dishonored is an ugly looking game

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Laura Bailey.

Especially in Nier with the Weiss you dumbass bit.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Tim Curry I guess

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Sakurazuka posted:

I kind of get what they were going for but god drat Dishonored is an ugly looking game

The same could be said about you as a person.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mordja posted:

drat son

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Sorry. Videogames made me do it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mordja posted:

Sorry. Videogames made me do it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mordja posted:

This is the clunkiest burn.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I am rubber, you are glue

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

I was talking about Videogames the poster, actually.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Woah woah woah, don't blame me for this outrageous behaviour!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
When did mods all get custom little blue icons based on their subforum? It's really slick.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Snak posted:

When did mods all get custom little blue icons based on their subforum? It's really slick.
Must've been a few weeks ago. Lowtax is really loving having a coder that returns his phone calls and emails, and is taking full advantage! :D

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

Who's everyone's favourite VAs? Quinton Flynn is really high up there for me.

erin fitzgerald

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I used to be ambivalent about Troy Baker because many (most?) of his roles are "Hot-Headed Cool Guy" using his normal speaking voice (e.g. Yuri from ToV, Snow from FF13, Jake from RE6) but then I heard his Joker and man it pretty good.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Mak0rz posted:

I used to be ambivalent about Troy Baker because many (most?) of his roles are "Hot-Headed Cool Guy" using his normal speaking voice (e.g. Yuri from ToV, Snow from FF13, Jake from RE6) but then I heard his Joker and man it pretty good.

HIs performance as Joel in TLOU is honestly really, really good, especially the voice work. The making of has a behind the scenes outtake that will probably, honestly, make him your favorite voice actor. I don't want to spoil it in case you haven't played The Last of Us.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

8-Bit Scholar posted:

HIs performance as Joel in TLOU is honestly really, really good, especially the voice work. The making of has a behind the scenes outtake that will probably, honestly, make him your favorite voice actor. I don't want to spoil it in case you haven't played The Last of Us.

Huh. I thought Joel was voiced by Nolan North. The more you know!

And no I have not played it :(

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Mak0rz posted:

Huh. I thought Joel was voiced by Nolan North. The more you know!

And no I have not played it :(

Nolan North is in TLOU, but not as Joel.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

:yeah:

Snak posted:

Yeah, that's probably where I got confused.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Lady Naga posted:

The main VA cast of Legacy of Kain was top fuckin' tier (Simon Templeman, Michael Bell, Tony Jay, Richard Doyle) Also the main cast of Nier. (i,.e. Jamieson Price, Laura Bailey, Liam O'Brien)

Also even though he's in everything Steve Blum will never not be cool. Dave Fennoy is cool too.

For indie games seconding Logan Cunningham. I also like Abe Goldfarb who's in all the WadjetEye games and Ashly Burch who's a hell of a lot better than you'd expect a former YouTube star to be.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Sonic the hedgehog twitter just referenced Sonichu and I'm concerned

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

CJacobs posted:

Crossover when?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CJacobs posted:

they hired that guy because he was a mod at one of the big sonic fansites, so it's not surprising he'd know about sonichu

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Accordion Man posted:

The main VA cast of Legacy of Kain was top fuckin' tier (Simon Templeman, Michael Bell, Tony Jay, Richard Doyle).

Definitely agree with this. Voice acting and plot was Shakespearean.

Snak posted:

Yeah, I thought he was Joel too until I saw this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oSFFSu57yU

TLOU was brilliant, I don't own any sony consoles, but I watched a video walkthrough, and it was a great video game movie. :)

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Ravane posted:

TLOU was brilliant, I don't own any sony consoles, but I watched a video walkthrough, and it was a great video game movie. :)

The gameplay was pretty lovely, and going through it just to get lovely soap opera level writing was extremely frustrating.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lady Naga posted:

Mark Hamil, Tony Jay and whoever voiced Max Roivas in Eternal Darkness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnPbyrlDMao

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Real hurthling! posted:

art suggestion: mr mosquito biting zikachu while mario and sonic compete at the rio Olympic games.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Nasgate posted:

The gameplay was pretty lovely, and going through it just to get lovely soap opera level writing was extremely frustrating.

Every time I see a post from you, you find a new way to be completely wrong about something. it's truly fascinating to me.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mak0rz posted:

Nolan North gave an interview a couple of years ago stating that if you ever here his "Drake" voice in other games it's because he was specifically told by the voice director to do it that way. He would like to vary it up but most of the time they just want the voice he's famous for.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Well hey, speaking of Nolan North and Nathan Drake I just did another thing on the youtube that's about at least one of those things!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxAFEoCsYxc

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

muscles like this? posted:

Nolan North gave an interview a couple of years ago stating that if you ever here his "Drake" voice in other games it's because he was specifically told by the voice director to do it that way. He would like to vary it up but most of the time they just want the voice he's famous for.

I have never played Uncharted so my Nolan North mental image is Stephen Heck and that dude from Spec Ops

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Dad Jokes posted:

Not to interrupt this scintillating discussion, but the new Monster Factory is a work of art: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v1v0t8Q5xg

Where did Polygon even come from I feel like one day they just popped up and started putting out good poo poo

Monster Factory is amazing, if you haven't already tracked down their other series like Griffin's Amiibo Corner and Tomodachi Survivor they're pretty fun too. Even the quick looks are usually entertaining so long as a McElroy is involved.

I don't really read or care about the site proper but it's nice to see that people are still holding a grudge over a three year old console hardware review I guess.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lurdiak posted:

Mark Hamil, Tony Jay and whoever voiced Max Roivas in Eternal Darkness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnPbyrlDMao

God drat I forgot how good this diction is.

Edit: it was porkins from star wars :lol:

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 9, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nasgate posted:

Please tell me some games you actually like. Just one even.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Sakurazuka posted:

Please tell me some games you actually like. Just one even.

http://molydeux.tumblr.com/post/139297334589

quote:

During Fable 2 I had this idea to give the player a choice at the end of the game to sacrifice their dog for more wealth. I made sure to be there when Colin[the QA tester] was testing this part of the game, I looked closely at his eye ducts during the process. He had previously chosen the option to save the dog but now he had to choose to sacrifice the dog for purposes of exposing new potential bugs.

Not one single tear.

I asked him why he wasn’t crying. He then proceeded to tell me that he felt no connection to the dog other than hate because the dog was responsible for about 80% of the game’s bugs.

“But what about when you taught your dog a trick? Did you not find that doing so made the dog an extension of yourself?”

He looked confused, empty, soulless and tired.

You see, the dog to him was just a piece of code. He was forced to play the game differently to how I wanted players to play my game.

I had to let him go. I can not begin to tell you the amount of QA testers that I have had to send away because they didn’t cry at REALLY sad moments in my games. They are good at finding bugs but terrible at finding emotion in games.

From then on I vowed to only employ normal people for a new role that I titled ‘Emotion testers’.

He must be a QA tester.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

That is a lovely reason to fire a QA guy, Peter Molydouche.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

what exactly makes TLoU good? Nothing about it sounds good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

what exactly makes TLoU good? Nothing about it sounds good

its fun to play and has an enjoyable story

• Locked thread