Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Wanna see this bunny walk by a police station.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Das Boo posted:

Wanna see this bunny walk by a police station.

Wanna see this bunny get violently mauled by....well anything!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Johnny Aztec posted:

Wanna see this bunny get violently mauled by....well anything!

Are you suggesting someone should "glomp" them?

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

everyone needs to remember that these kids have seen the Mickey Mouse costumes from Disney world and and have no solid concept of sex or fetishes yet. Their parents, fresh from Syria, have certainly never heard of furries. They think that all of this is completely innocent and have no idea what they are touching or what the implications of any of those fursuits are.

The lucky ones will forget that it ever happened. But for the rest, one day, one day they'll find out. One day they'll learn what all that was. For many of them, that will be the day that they also learn that some things cannot be washed off.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

symbolic posted:

so what's your fursona

my spirit animal is snorlax

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

symbolic posted:

so what's your fursona

A fat lonely goon.

Wulfolme posted:

everyone needs to remember that these kids have seen the Mickey Mouse costumes from Disney world and and have no solid concept of sex or fetishes yet. Their parents, fresh from Syria, have certainly never heard of furries. They think that all of this is completely innocent and have no idea what they are touching or what the implications of any of those fursuits are.

The lucky ones will forget that it ever happened. But for the rest, one day, one day they'll find out. One day they'll learn what all that was. For many of them, that will be the day that they also learn that some things cannot be washed off.

The real crime are those cutoffs on that dalmation a couple posts back. My eyes are about to apply for refugee status from my skull after seeing that.

Magic Rabbit Hat fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Mar 9, 2016

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

The real crime are those cutoffs on that dalmation a couple posts back. My eyes are about to apply for refugee status from my skull after seeing that.

You know that when they wear pants over the fursuit, 10 to 1 it's because there's a hole in that spot, right

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Wulfolme posted:

You know that when they wear pants over the fursuit, 10 to 1 it's because there's a hole in that spot, right

A horrible truth I tried to ignore.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
can't decide which is worse, a hole or an anatomically correct dog dildo. in either case, the jorts are a necessary evil.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Aziz Ansari says the first day he ever came to america as a kid in new york it was the day of the macys day parade. so he spent his entire life hearing how amazing it is in america, everybody is rich and every day is a party, then he gets there and its true!!!!!!!

lmao if that highlight, this crazy special day to you, 10+ years later was revealed to be a weirdo in a fetish suit

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

it goes beyond SA; rule 34 is one of the horrible, immutable truths of the internet, and indeed of the human race

i want to think that the ancient greek tradition of the satyr play was a joking acknowledgment of this and an attempt to defuse the urge to sexualize that which should not be sexualized: after completing a particularly emotional tragedy, the players would return to the stage costumed as half-man, half-goat creatures with giant fake penises, and would perform the tragedy again except all the characters were raping each other

Man, you should check out some of the murals of Ancient Rome. Art of guys with huge dicks on scales against pouches of gold and rants of some dude angry about some other guy loving his wife. People have always been weird about sex.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
is the Lorax a furry

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Putty posted:

is the Lorax a furry

No he's an admin. It's his high pitched sidekick that was a furry

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Aziz Ansari says the first day he ever came to america as a kid in new york it was the day of the macys day parade. so he spent his entire life hearing how amazing it is in america, everybody is rich and every day is a party, then he gets there and its true!!!!!!!

lmao if that highlight, this crazy special day to you, 10+ years later was revealed to be a weirdo in a fetish suit

It's kinda heartwarming to think about, honestly. Imagine being a little kid who just escaped an active war zone with the clothes on your back and a suitcase full of your most precious things. You have to brave refugee camps, boats, planes, squalid conditions, possibly even being separated from your mother, father, or siblings. Then finally, you get to your host country, get put up into a hotel, and one of the first things you see is an actual living cartoon character who wants to give you a hug.

It was probably a desperately needed tug on those kids' stress relief valve.

But gently caress if I wouldn't want to see their faces 10 years later when it finally dawns on them why those cartoon characters were really there.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

wasn't aziz ansari born in america though

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The White Dragon posted:

my spirit animal is snorlax
no, it's a dragon, you loving liar

Wulfolme posted:

i never thought of this and wish i could forget about it now

bored_fed_up
Mar 9, 2016

by Shine

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

allying with 4chan against furries is like allying with hitler against stalin, only in this case hitler masturbates to pictures of bug-eyed cartoon children

i hope this has been enlightening for you my friend

bored_fed_up
Mar 9, 2016

by Shine
adrien chen could be convicted of pedophilia if a critical forensic investigator looked at his pc

im surprised he's not more careful

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
Why do so many furries seem to only draw balto or lion king style art? A furry I knew in undergrad drew like that and it seems common (also, she and her friends apparently avoid most big furry-cons because they're too weird/gross).

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Fire Barrel posted:

Why do so many furries seem to only draw balto or lion king style art? A furry I knew in undergrad drew like that and it seems common (also, she and her friends apparently avoid most big furry-cons because they're too weird/gross).

Because they were popular films for their time and furries copied that, and then other furries copied them in the hopes of being popular. It's a great big incestuous clusteryiff of horrible, lonely freaks.

bored_fed_up
Mar 9, 2016

by Shine

Fire Barrel posted:

ur friend has gone past the "im weird/politely INSANE" phase and is straight into deviant art SATANIC NAZI FURRY HENTAI ORGY AT THE BATHHOUSE hosed up

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

i think i may actually be more okay with furries than anime or warhammer 40k

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

YeahTubaMike posted:

wasn't aziz ansari born in america though

i dont think a comedian would lie

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Fire Barrel posted:

always came across to me as more like All Dogs Go To Heaven for the faces

the human bodies seemed like nonspecific indulgent comic book anatomy or anime/hentai ripoffs/tracings

i know enough about this topic to have an opinion like this and i also hate myself and want to die

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Wulfolme posted:

always came across to me as more like All Dogs Go To Heaven for the faces

read that as All Dogs Go To Heaven for the feces. Which in the case of furries is accurate

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
dusting off this old chestnut, from the official schedule of the convention that narrowly escaped god's justice:

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

:gonk:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

SirEvelynTremble posted:

read that as All Dogs Go To Heaven for the feces. Which in the case of furries is accurate

that would be true of real dogs too, if they had the chance.

drguildo
Apr 27, 2013

LISTEN TO THE CROWD ROAR IN ADMIRATION!
Do they not worry about getting cum and poop stains on their expensive fur suits? Is there some kind of special material developed by furry scientists that's resistant to human bodily excretions?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Have you noticed how some cover their fur-loins with pants?

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
I still fail to see how wanting to be a cartoon animal connects with putting on enormous sweaty mascot costumes with no ventilation.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

drguildo posted:

Do they not worry about getting cum and poop stains on their expensive fur suits? Is there some kind of special material developed by furry scientists that's resistant to human bodily excretions?

(Asking for a friend)

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Oberleutnant posted:

Please dont respond to his post with things nobody gives a poo poo about

Counterpoint: Please continue posting something that isn't the same tired jokes and observations of furries that are as old and interesting as Matrix parodies and hanging chad jokes

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

dreezy posted:

I still fail to see how wanting to be a cartoon animal connects with putting on enormous sweaty mascot costumes with no ventilation.

it lets them shed their identity and be something different of their own choosing

when they wear the suit, the human is gone. They are only the enormous sweaty mascot costume, with no past, no responsibilities, and total anonymity in their sweaty costumed actions.

if they were self-regulating on the whole sex pervert thing the fursuits would be the healthiest coping strategy in these sad individuals' arsenals but we all know how well that's gone over

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Man, you should check out some of the murals of Ancient Rome. Art of guys with huge dicks on scales against pouches of gold and rants of some dude angry about some other guy loving his wife. People have always been weird about sex.

those are good; one of my favorites is still the sign over a door detailing the varying ways the homeowner would rape different kinds of burglars

but yes, on the subject of people being weird about sex, one of my favorite examples of that is what happened to the greek mythological tale of leda and the swan, e.g. the story where zeus turns himself into a swan and rapes a woman

from wikipedia:

quote:

The subject undoubtedly owed its sixteenth-century popularity to the paradox that it was considered more acceptable to depict a woman in the act of copulation with a swan than with a man. The earliest depictions show the pair love-making with some explicitness—more so than in any depictions of a human pair made by artists of high quality in the same period.

The fate of the erotic album I Modi some years later shows why this was so. The theme remained a dangerous one in the Renaissance, as the fates of the three best known paintings on the subject demonstrate. The earliest depictions were all in the more private medium of the old master print, and mostly from Venice. They were often based on the extremely brief account in the Metamorphoses of Ovid (who does not imply a rape), though Lorenzo de' Medici had both a Roman sarcophagus and an antique carved gem of the subject, both with reclining Ledas.

The earliest known explicit Renaissance depiction is one of the many woodcut illustrations to Hypnerotomachia Poliphili, a book published in Venice in 1499. This shows Leda and the Swan making love with gusto, despite being on top of a triumphal car, being pulled along and surrounded by a considerable crowd. An engraving dating to 1503 at the latest, by Giovanni Battista Palumba, also shows the couple in coitus, but in deserted countryside. Another engraving, certainly from Venice and attributed by many to Giulio Campagnola, shows a love-making scene, but there Leda's attitude is highly ambiguous. Palumba made another engraving in about 1512, presumably influenced by Leonardo's sketches for his earlier composition, showing Leda seated on the ground and playing with her children.

we are doomed as a species

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

I want to sing-a, about the moon-a and the june-a and the spring-a. I want to sing-a.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
List of people to kill who make fursuits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

I'd rather not click this so I don't end up on a government watch list.

• Locked thread