Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Thanks for the invites, and further thanks to whoever sent me two very expensive lockbox ships that I probably should have just resold to buy something nicer to fly, but if I were into making good decisions I wouldn't have reinstalled this in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

Mrit posted:

I last played about 4 years ago and now I have no idea what is going on.

Can I have an invite? My name is for some unknown reason Rauldo Vakim(wtf?)

Edit: Whoops! My main is actually Salia.

Same for me just restarted the game again.

I will check my in game handle tonight.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Nipponophile posted:

Thanks for the invites, and further thanks to whoever sent me two very expensive lockbox ships that I probably should have just resold to buy something nicer to fly, but if I were into making good decisions I wouldn't have reinstalled this in the first place.

For real, man. I know you're bored of TOR, but why would you do this to yourself :smith:

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

fakemirage posted:

Alright.

For future reference, all applications to join TNG will have to be done through the following form:

http://goo.gl/forms/pKLa49Kx7a

After you've submitted your request, you will be contacted by a certified Dental Technician for a one-on-one interview and evaluation.

This is great. Now grim can focus on his Mad Max fan fiction full time.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Dalris Othaine posted:

For real, man. I know you're bored of TOR, but why would you do this to yourself :smith:

Like I said, I plan on logging on to fart around for half an hour or so every once in a while. I'm still hip-deep in FF14, and I don't see anything replacing that as my main game for a while. It's just that after a few hours of catgirl adventures, I'm in the mood for a change of pace.

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

Nipponophile posted:

It's just that after a few hours of catgirl adventures, I'm in the mood for a change of pace.

Oh.

Oh dear.

:smith:

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
A very kind person sent me some items, but for some reason I can't take any items out of my mail. I have plenty of inventory space and I emptied my overflow. Any ideas, or should I put in a ticket?

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012
Helle there my handle is @albyn for some reason.

Can I get wiki access please

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Mrit posted:

A very kind person sent me some items, but for some reason I can't take any items out of my mail. I have plenty of inventory space and I emptied my overflow. Any ideas, or should I put in a ticket?

Go to a mail console. It's retarded.

Oh boy dozens of posts in the STO thread Xean must have lost his poo poo! Oh wait, it's just some pubbie without :10bux: coming back to the game.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Technical Analysis posted:

Go to a mail console. It's retarded.

Oh boy dozens of posts in the STO thread Xean must have lost his poo poo! Oh wait, it's just some pubbie without :10bux: coming back to the game.

What a bizarre system. Thanks!

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
Edit: Double post

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Acer Pilot posted:

This is great. Now grim can focus on his Mad Max fan fiction full time.
I like to enable "creative" artists.

Orions Lord posted:

Helle there my handle is @albyn for some reason.

Can I get wiki access please
Post your wiki username.

For access to our chat channel (in which you can ask for a fleet invite if you so desire):

fakemirage posted:

Alright.

For future reference, all applications to join TNG will have to be done through the following form:

After you've submitted your request, you will be contacted by a certified Dental Technician for a one-on-one interview and evaluation.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

fakemirage posted:

I like to enable "creative" autists.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

fakemirage posted:

Post your wiki username.

For access to our chat channel (in which you can ask for a fleet invite if you so desire):

I applied, 500 characters is a lot to type out about wanting to blow up spaceships, but its done. :)

edit: Oh, Mrit is registered on the wiki.

Mrit fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 8, 2016

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

There are not nearly enough people playing this game to warrant a loving form.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Psycho Landlord posted:

There is not nearly enough humor playing this game to warrant a loving joke.

I enjoyed it.

AotC
May 16, 2010

fakemirage posted:

Alright.

I never knew something as autistic as this could possibly exist. Korgan what have you done.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Lagomorphic posted:

I enjoyed it.

You obviously don't know Fake.

VVVV: So did Bajorans.

Psycho Landlord fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 8, 2016

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

I don't get why you guys hate forms. The Cardassians used forms.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Psycho Landlord posted:

VVVV: So did Bajorans.

Dukat was right.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost
Honestly glad to see the form was a trap and you're automatically disqualified if you say you're a goon.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

catgirls have stolen dental away!!

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Mrit posted:

I applied, 500 characters is a lot to type out about wanting to blow up spaceships, but its done. :)

edit: Oh, Mrit is registered on the wiki.

And you're in the wiki.

AotC posted:

I never knew something as autistic as this could possibly exist. Korgan what have you done.

Doesn't affect me, I don't care. :unsmigghh:

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Mrit posted:

You slipped past and got an invite before we rolled out our new and much improved application process. If the channel is quiet for you, it's only mirroring the current state of the game.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
Deep cover spy Xean@xtern1ty may be about to apply to come in from the cold.

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

fakemirage posted:

Post your wiki username.

My wiki username is Orions Lord

Thank you.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
So some random person was asking in the Tribble forums about the most "useless" skills in NuSkill land. Found this in a reply by Bortiucs, talking about Targeting Expertise, a skill that does +ACC:

Bortywho posted:

Accuracy that exceeds the 100% hit cap is translated into Critical Hit and Critical Severity...AccOverflow currently doesn't work correctly in just one place: Fire at Will...The lack of AccOverflow with FAW is a known bug, and one that we'd definitely like to fix.

So on a Spaghetti Code rating of "2 paperclips stuck together" to "the biggest ball of twine in Minnesota", how much of a clusterfuck is the whole FAW segment ? In the time I've been playing its been mentioned at least once as some sort of inter-dimensional place where a lot of divide by zero and 1 + Chevy = narcissistic rutabaga type math happens.

and lol @ pubbies going ZOMG U BUFFED FAW ?!!? if they actually fix it at some point. The level of hate some pubs have for this power is unreal, based on some stuff i've read in the forums.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
FAW is the end all be all of murder everything skills. Even now, when acc bonuses don't apply to FAW it's still ridiculously powerful. Certain groups of pubbies are just mad that a FAW boat can out damage their cannon boat 9 times out of 10.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I forget the exact specifics, but FAW is such a clusterfuck of code that the current devs literally have no idea how it functions, and last time they tried changing it they actually broke the game.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
To be fair, cannons were always meant to be DPS king so it's loving shameful how long and how bad FAW dominates.

Like cannons aren't just suboptimal, they are straight loving garbage atm

Hail Mr. Satan! fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 9, 2016

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I'm not even sure that's in the top 5 problems with STO though.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

A Fancy Bloke posted:

To be fair, cannons were always meant to be DPS king so it's loving shameful how long and how bad FAW dominates.

Like cannons aren't just suboptimal, they are straight loving garbage atm

Yeah but in the shows it's all beams, you don't see anyone using cannons in canon, this is what canon cannons can do.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Tunicate posted:

Yeah but in the shows it's all beams, you don't see anyone using cannons in canon, this is what canon cannons can do.

The Sisko is a bad enough dude to use cannons in canon

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

SKY COQ posted:

Klingons also used cannons in the shows and movies.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

SKY COQ posted:

That's not from the ship. He just rolls down a window and punches them as they go by.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

JJ Fed ships clearly use single cannons too. :smug:

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

wdarkk posted:

I'm not even sure that's in the top 5 problems with STO though.

drat now I'm curious what everyone's top 5 problems with this game are.

I feel like it'd be a massive task limiting it to just 5

Asimo posted:

JJ Fed ships clearly use single cannons too. :smug:

Uhhh those are very clearly turrets

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Asimo posted:

I forget the exact specifics, but FAW is such a clusterfuck of code that the current devs literally have no idea how it functions, and last time they tried changing it they actually broke the game.

Yeah. The same people who couldn't figure out one skill (FAW) are now completely reworking the entire skill system in game by using Find & Replace functions.

It's like piling all your code on the top of a cliff and driving a tron bulldozer at it.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

A Fancy Bloke posted:

I feel like it'd be a massive task limiting it to just 5

Hmm.

1. Every loving thing about queues
2. The delta between a "correct" and "incorrect" build is huge
3. The game never loving tells you how to do a correct build (hell, if you look at the default loadout for many ships, it does the opposite)
4. PVP (pretty sure it's still dead)
5. Grind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

^^^efb

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Taking a long view of its history you could compile a few top lists

Top Problems with STO?
  • dstahl
  • geko
  • gozer
  • borticus

Top Problems with STO?
  • Perpetual Entertainment
  • Cryptic Studios
  • Atari Interactive
  • Perfect World Entertainment

Top Problems with STO?