Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SirDan3k posted:

Coulson was never building a Helicarrier he was equipping one, with stuff that could be construed as being needed in a red herring Inhuman prison specifically.

The word construction was used numerous time and the bad guys were the ones building the Inhuman prison, not Coulson. But even if wehandwave it, that doesn't change the fact that they seriously don't care about what AoS is doing.

Codependent Poster posted:

Both Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter are great though. There's not that much of a gap in quality.

There's a massive gap in the way the shows look. The Netflix stuff looks like it's shot in the real world while everything AoS does is clearly a soundstage. Agent Carter wasn't so bad because they shoot on location and outside a lot more but you can't deny that season 2 was a major drop in quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Looks like Punisher will wear the skull even though he didn't in the trailer, Hopefully it won't be a last episode deal like the Daredevil suit.

I wish the Daredevil suit didn't have so much black on it. I'm fine with him wearing a protective outfit like that if they kept it all red.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

The word construction was used numerous time and the bad guys were the ones building the Inhuman prison, not Coulson. But even if wehandwave it, that doesn't change the fact that they seriously don't care about what AoS is doing.

After seeing the movie I thought the implication was meant to be that Coulson had been building the Avengers facility from the end, since it talked about him ordering bunks and stuff.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

After seeing the movie I thought the implication was meant to be that Coulson had been building the Avengers facility from the end, since it talked about him ordering bunks and stuff.

That was a repurposed Stark facility. The Helicarrier has barracks for agents.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Rhyno posted:

I'm pretty sure he meant the Netflix shows.

I would say those are more likely to be acknowledged due to the prestige factor alone, but who knows.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Rhyno posted:

Kevin Feige has said a few times that he's unhappy with the ABC stuff. And as I've been saying for the last year plus, the Inhumans films will probably treat the AoS Inhumans as half breeds or they'll get a single offhand mention and that will be it.

I don't recall him ever saying that, even if I wouldn't be surprised. Is this a telephone-game thing with those Whedon interviews from last spring?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dacap posted:

I wish the Daredevil suit didn't have so much black on it. I'm fine with him wearing a protective outfit like that if they kept it all red.

I agree, but I'm just happy he looks less like a power ranger now.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
So tonight randomly watching TV I saw a preview for Gotham and it looks like they're doing Mr. Freeze, ridiculous suit and everything? I mean, Flash has taught me that I'll put up with some subpar writing if there's enough silly comic book poo poo to make it worthwhile.

So what I'm asking is, is anybody actually watching loving Gotham and is it at all decent?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TwoPair posted:

So tonight randomly watching TV I saw a preview for Gotham and it looks like they're doing Mr. Freeze, ridiculous suit and everything? I mean, Flash has taught me that I'll put up with some subpar writing if there's enough silly comic book poo poo to make it worthwhile.

So what I'm asking is, is anybody actually watching loving Gotham and is it at all decent?

They actually just finished up his origin story with last night's episode. The basic outline was the same but they put their own Gotham spin on it with Victor experimenting on random people in order to perfect his freeze formula so that he could freeze Nora to stop some vague disease that was killing her.

As for the show in general, the first season is kind of rough as they didn't really know what they wanted to do and had pacing issues because the episode count kept changing. Second season is much better as they're committing to a lot of crazy stuff introducing more outlandish villains. The first half of the season had an evil billionaire who was secretly a member of the Order of Dumas causing havoc throughout Gotham by funding criminals. The second half, which just started is now about Hugo Strange (played by BD Wong) running Arkham as well as a secret lab under the asylum where's he's running experiments on people (with the implication that he's creating supervillains.)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

muscles like this? posted:

As for the show in general, the first season is kind of rough as they didn't really know what they wanted to do and had pacing issues because the episode count kept changing. Second season is much better as they're committing to a lot of crazy stuff introducing more outlandish villains. The first half of the season had an evil billionaire who was secretly a member of the Order of Dumas causing havoc throughout Gotham by funding criminals. The second half, which just started is now about Hugo Strange (played by BD Wong) running Arkham as well as a secret lab under the asylum where's he's running experiments on people (with the implication that he's creating supervillains.)

Wong plays a better Strange than I expected, too. Not a race thing, but rather that I didn't think he was a character who could translate well to live action. Their shift from "procedural with camp Batman elements" to "camp Batman with procedural elements" gave him a niche, though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Love J'onn just chilling with his pistol there.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Could they have at least made them look like they were together?
Anyways, super excited about this.

Though from where everyones looking, they're all checking outs Barry's butt.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Medullah posted:

Love J'onn just chilling with his pistol there.

The smoke coming out of the pistol cracks me up.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Good Lord, that poster is loving atrocious.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

My money's on The Flash.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

twistedmentat posted:

Could they have at least made them look like they were together?
Anyways, super excited about this.

Though from where everyones looking, they're all checking outs Barry's butt.

Tbf I would too. Have you seen runners? They have nice butts

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

People on the left: unimpressed

People on the right: on drugs

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

e X posted:

Good Lord, that poster is loving atrocious.

Pretty sure it's as intended, meant to look like a 60s comic cover.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Medullah posted:

That's not the atrocious part. The design and layout is fine. The execution of that design and layout is garbage.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Especially compared to the Flash Of Two Worlds homage they did earlier.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Her two annoying love triangle sidekicks are standing on the track.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
It seems to be comprised entirely of left over promotional images from both shows.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

Her two annoying love triangle sidekicks are standing on the track.

I almost want Kara to totally crush on Barry. To the annoyance of Olsen and Toyman Jr.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I want that to happen, but also Jimmy, Toyman Jr, Cat, and team DEO should be the only ones to know that The Flash is the same person as that nerd Barry who's been hanging around them lately.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Next week we can expect to hear some more about Preacher as the first episode is going to show at SXSW.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Medullah posted:

c'mon y'all

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yes, we get it, that doesn't mean that poster doesn't like 100 times worse than that cover.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lurdiak posted:

Yes, we get it, that doesn't mean that poster doesn't like 100 times worse than that cover.

Oh yeah it's not great I just thought the implication was medullah didn't know the reference

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Blockhouse posted:

Oh yeah it's not great I just thought the implication was medullah didn't know the reference

Yeah I should have quoted that cover but I was on my phone and also lazy.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I have another issue where they race, and I hope supergirl ends the way that did (everyone turns to the reader and asks them who "they" think the winner is!)

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I don't care about the quality of the poster. The fact that this is a thing that is happening fills my nerdy heart with joy. All those years wishing that super heroes beyond Batman and Superman would hit the mainstream, and we have an embarrassment of riches these days. Wonderful.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Die Laughing posted:

I don't care about the quality of the poster. The fact that this is a thing that is happening fills my nerdy heart with joy. All those years wishing that super heroes beyond Batman and Superman would hit the mainstream, and we have an embarrassment of riches these days. Wonderful.

Seriously, I have been a fan of the Flash since the old TV series and the 50th Anniversary comic (the first comic I owned, left at my house by an older cousin) and it was always super depressing that Marvel got cartoons, games, toys, etc for everyone and I could barely even ever find Flash action figures.

Good thing I remained a giant manchild so I can still enjoy it now (still waiting on a competent video game, way overdue at this point)!

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
What would you even do in a Flash video game? I'm imagining Need for Speed but without cars.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Whizbang posted:

What would you even do in a Flash video game? I'm imagining Need for Speed but without cars.

While he's never been very well utilized in games he shows up as a playable character in LEGO Batman 3 and has some neat speed targeting powers in addition to running/hitting fast.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Whizbang posted:

They were making one, and it looked like it had the foundations for a good game, but it got cancelled pretty early on. You can find the footage out there.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just want a sandbox Superhero game. Give me a GTA style world where I can be Batman or Iron Man or whoever (ideally i'd have a roster I could choose from) that I can run around and patrol, stop everything from hold ups to band robberies. Have instanced areas with missions, and lots of places to explore, poo poo to collect and characters to interact with.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

twistedmentat posted:

I just want a sandbox Superhero game. Give me a GTA style world where I can be Batman or Iron Man or whoever (ideally i'd have a roster I could choose from) that I can run around and patrol, stop everything from hold ups to band robberies. Have instanced areas with missions, and lots of places to explore, poo poo to collect and characters to interact with.

Marvel Lego?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just make Superhot a Flash game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Amazon has ordered a pilot for a reboot of The Tick

http://screencrush.com/the-tick-reboot-amazon/