Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Rhymenoserous posted:

please say this isn't actually a thing.
Still in development, so it may not be! Only time will tell~

Thought Eonwe might remember the name

Jackard fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rhymenoserous posted:

lol so they are experts on getting hosed eh?

yea

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i dont remember the name of it, there is a thread in MMO HMO here somewhere

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
found it http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3730761

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Only a good draenei facefucking can prepare me for our assault on Necrolord Wrathsinnien

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jackard posted:

Only a good draenei facefucking can prepare me for our assault on Necrolord Wrathsinnien

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Eonwe posted:

im sympathetic to non OP readers because normally the OP for any thread is a big pile of trash and outdated

it just so happens that there is a good OP, but people probably assume its still bad

Same except the entirety of SA.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

:stare:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
gently caress :heysexy: all that, when do we get a black desert online movie

https://www.kernel.com/movies/assassinscreed

Macha
Mar 6, 2016
So are there like, builds in this game? Or should I just grab all skills that I can train?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Macha posted:

So are there like, builds in this game? Or should I just grab all skills that I can train?

There are definitely builds you should look at, or at least the guides on the important skills. Resetting your skills is costly, but you do get a free one at level 45, so I wouldn't be concerned too much until you use that level 45 one.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

For me the points come slow enough that I only grab the skills that look good.

Macha
Mar 6, 2016
Have goons been able to make the best build ever yet? I checked dulfy, but didn't see any builds there.

If I learned anything from playing STO, it's that pubbies are poo poo at making builds that do well at anything.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
from drinkfist with love

http://imgur.com/a/4aJdk

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

We just tested this out with comparison.

I was told amity workers have the same skills.

They don't.

They have the same inherent skill and stats. But all gained skills from leveling are different.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
You can have more than one of the same named worker if you want because that makes a lot of sense

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

The various CBT event rewards are available to claim now, like the Beauty & Beast, Master Baiter and Triathlon rewards. :toot:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kerrrrrrr posted:

The various CBT event rewards are available to claim now, like the Beauty & Beast, Master Baiter and Triathlon rewards. :toot:

Hell yes

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Drythe posted:

I'm giving you the basic information, if you want in-depth knowledge research it yourself or experiment.

A. you will learn better doing it yourself
B. I assume you are an adult and can handle basic life skills
Yeah, smart guy? How was I supposed to figure this out on my own?

quote:

The rarities influence how good the workers are, it goes White > Green > Blue > Yellow > Orange and are called Naive > [nothing] > Skilled > Professional > Artisan... Naive can't be promoted dont hire them

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

The only thing bad about the cash shop is that the prices are proportionally higher here atm than in Korea.
Our shop is like twice cheaper than Korean.

Drythe posted:

Red orcs to 32 then Khurutos to 35

Again if you want more information use the links in the OP
Red orcs to 30, bandits to 32, khurutos to 35.

Rafza posted:

brings up a question that perhaps kalstrams can answer though:

in guild pvp/castle siege/whatever are ghillie suits effects deactivated?

i can't imagine it being much fun if >50% of the enemy force is running around in them
Partially deactivated. Name will not be shown, but they will be flashing red.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Jackard posted:

Yeah, smart guy? How was I supposed to figure this out on my own?

Reading comprehension presumably.

quote:

I'm giving you the basic information, if you want in-depth knowledge research it yourself or experiment.

Also the fact I told you. Maybe be less pissy with me and work on doing something for yourself. I think that'll help the most.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4ZKn5oFwlc

This berserker slept in his bed in his new house and then found out the ceiling was too short for him not to be trapped.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Drythe posted:

work on doing something for yourself. I think that'll help the most.
This is not mentioned in the OP, the guides linked in the OP, or ingame (as far as I can tell)

So exactly how was someone supposed to figure that out on their own?

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

I spend way more money on my clothes in BDO than I do on myself in RL.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Jackard posted:

This is not mentioned in the OP, the guides linked in the OP, or ingame (as far as I can tell)

So exactly how was someone supposed to figure that out on their own?

I feel like you are loving with me, well played sir.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

What can I do if i bought too many items to trade/transport which makes me move at like 1 foot every 5 seconds? Is there a way to sell back a few of the items to make this at least bareable? My pack is at 155%

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I would use some sort of storage house

where house

warehouse

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Felony posted:

What can I do if i bought too many items to trade/transport which makes me move at like 1 foot every 5 seconds? Is there a way to sell back a few of the items to make this at least bareable? My pack is at 155%
Put them on your free donkey which may or may not be at the stables next to the trader.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
why the hell do seeds not stack in this game

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
Been enjoying the game but had an honest realization after finally diving into all the node stuff:

You link nodes to make trade routes, which lets you hire workers, which lets you make beer, which lets you keep workers making more beer... wait, what's the point of this? I assume at some point it'll generate income somehow, I'm just finding that reason kind of opaque from my current viewpoint. Anyone got insights?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Felony posted:

This may come TOO LATE, but you can use items to get a benefit for all the next times you buy them. It's an easy way to dump some liters if you're doing performance art.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Chewbot posted:

Been enjoying the game but had an honest realization after finally diving into all the node stuff:

You link nodes to make trade routes, which lets you hire workers, which lets you make beer, which lets you keep workers making more beer... wait, what's the point of this? I assume at some point it'll generate income somehow, I'm just finding that reason kind of opaque from my current viewpoint. Anyone got insights?

you drink tyhe beer then stop playing

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Chewbot posted:

Eventually this process results in a fancy boat.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

You build trade packs, weapons, armor, jewelry, or vehicles, yeah. The tradepacks are through the workbench type buildings and let you pack up 10 of anything to sell off.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
So is this game anything like other korean MMO's where once you start to get close to max level the amount of farm required increases exponentially? I've been burned by more than one where suddenly you have to kill thousands of mobs before leveling when you get near the cap.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Washout posted:

So is this game anything like other korean MMO's where once you start to get close to max level the amount of farm required increases exponentially? I've been burned by more than one where suddenly you have to kill thousands of mobs before leveling when you get near the cap.
Yes it's exactly that.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Kalstrams potatoe man I need to ask you something

http://blackdesertfoundry.com/map/#5/-22.086/-75.454
This map shows some nodes that I don't see on my map. Is this a later expansion thing or some hidden quest knowledge poo poo.

For instance, keplan has keplan hill (flan cake hill on the map) with a tin node. I don't have that tin node available to me at this moment.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Third World Reggin posted:

Kalstrams potatoe man I need to ask you something

http://blackdesertfoundry.com/map/#5/-22.086/-75.454
This map shows some nodes that I don't see on my map. Is this a later expansion thing or some hidden quest knowledge poo poo.

For instance, keplan has keplan hill (flan cake hill on the map) with a tin node. I don't have that tin node available to me at this moment.

I have it available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Luthience found a post about glish ruins on the forums and it seems to be knowledge based.

For the glish ruins, it is not only the frog node keepers knowledge. It may include that but it may be more. The rumor/idea was the material vendor in glish has the knowledge needed.