Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Demostrs posted:

honestly the new market restriction thing is so stupid and will probably backfire for valve. now selling all my 3 cent skins is even more of a minor inconvenience!!!!

Hey, i sold enough $0.03 skins to buy two keys today!

....I started at dawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Don't the restrictions only apply to non-mobile auth accounts?

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xenaero posted:

Don't the restrictions only apply to non-mobile auth accounts?

nope, i thought that too until today!

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Bohemian Nights posted:

Literally no-one in this thread is a good cs player, so i dunno where you're going with that

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

queued with someone who said they've never played on nuke (old and new versions)

what loving year is this again, jesus christ

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Does voice_enable 0 disable ALL voice comms (yours as well) or does it just stop you from hearing others? I always forget I have voices muted after I knock out a mission.

gotem :v:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

fennesz posted:

Does voice_enable 0 disable ALL voice comms (yours as well) or does it just stop you from hearing others? I always forget I have voices muted after I knock out a mission.

voice_enable 0 = disable all voice, including your own
voice_scale 0 = disable all incoming voice, you still transmit

bind x toggle voice_scale

Ahh, the life.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Ah, good call. I'll just use voice_scale in the future. So when I forget it's off people can at least hear me sing Queen until I remember.

\/ I'll take 10 skins worth a penny over one worth 3. That's just science.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 10, 2016

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Demostrs posted:

honestly the new market restriction thing is so stupid and will probably backfire for valve. now selling all my 3 cent skins is even more of a minor inconvenience!!!!

Just trade them up, geez

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

optic about to beat c9 twice tonight lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Photex posted:

On two of C9's best maps, too.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Xenaero posted:

voice_enable 0 = disable all voice, including your own
voice_scale 0 = disable all incoming voice, you still transmit

bind x toggle voice_scale

Ahh, the life.

Good tip.

To add onto this: use 'ignoremsg' to prevent having to read lovely chat messages. Do it once to block enemy team chat. Do it twice to block your own teammates' chat as well. Third time resets it back to normal.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Photex posted:

Lol.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

Photex posted:

:911:

e: tempo storm should be in the next season too lol

Stumbletron fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 10, 2016

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Love Stole the Day posted:

Good tip.

To add onto this: use 'ignoremsg' to prevent having to read lovely chat messages. Do it once to block enemy team chat. Do it twice to block your own teammates' chat as well. Third time resets it back to normal.

I did not even know about this. Excellent stuff.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

the fact that both cold and fallen can swap off on AWP duties makes LG so dangerous..

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I love watching LG continually playing anti-flash but the winterfox players just keep peeking 1 by 1 :lol:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Stumbletron posted:

:911:

e: tempo storm should be in the next season too lol

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

...So since when have Winterfox been good? An 11-1 scoreline against LG on T side Train is something I never would have expected.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

symbolic posted:

...So since when have Winterfox been good? An 11-1 scoreline against LG on T side Train is something I never would have expected.

its a fluke theyre bad

Big L
Oct 30, 2005

Fedora Emelianenko
They're losing on purpose to practice fighting back against insurmountable odds and making comebacks like Fnatic.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Google Butt posted:

its a fluke theyre bad

Please do not insult my Chicago hometown heros (Steelseries)Winterfox and the level headed non toxic player called anger.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I think LG anti-strats teams a lot. Pretty sure they don't give two shits about winterfox.

\/ With what money? They needed a leader and picked up an unproven entry fragger.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Mar 10, 2016

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
This c9 roster is not long for this world

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I kind of feel like the C9 players just don't give enough of a poo poo about counter strike anymore. When they do care, like when they need to qualify for a major, they seem to be able to manage it. But every time else they are just falling flat on their face. I could see some of them outright retiring soon, but that's just speculation on my part.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

If winning mattered, if they are top 4 na and have popular streamers/personalities they have fans and don't the orgs only give a poo poo about sponsorships and selling trash like gross blue tank tops. Going to lans is more like an expense

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Edit: yeah probably should remove that.

Photex fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Mar 10, 2016

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Love Stole the Day posted:

I just discovered that they did a showmatch between NiP 2005 and NiP 2013. They really need to do more of these. It was really fun to watch old school ex-pros absolutely poo poo on the newer pros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzIDeSoJFb8

I miss sprays

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I remember watching that live, just hearing the old school attitude that Nip had lots of loud WOOs after nearly every kill/round.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

heaton :allears:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

heatoN is the literal best and this one time he said NT to me :swoon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GrdZQv-5P0

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
That video got me watching Nip vs X3 from CPL 2001 - I can't remember, was HLTV a thing then or did we have to wait for demos to be released after the game was over?

It's weird watching the highest level of CS be basically nothing but aim battles rather than the micro-managed team play of today.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Bohemian Nights posted:

heatoN is the literal best and this one time he said NT to me :swoon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GrdZQv-5P0

heatoN looks exactly like an old co-worker of mine, when I first started my job it was really weird, I didn't think it was him obviously (america and all that), but it was just... odd.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
It was a very different game back then. IIRC there were leagues that entirely banned smokes for a chunk of original CS because they performed so poorly on people's machines and had a tendency to crash you

I don't recall if that was a thing in CAL/CPL but I remember that being a thing in PG and OGL when those were things

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Kumbamontu posted:

It was a very different game back then. IIRC there were leagues that entirely banned smokes for a chunk of original CS because they performed so poorly on people's machines and had a tendency to crash you

I don't recall if that was a thing in CAL/CPL but I remember that being a thing in PG and OGL when those were things

Smokes were allowed in CAL/CPL but yeah it wasn't allowed in OGL

MF_James
May 8, 2008

I know for a fact that did not happen in CAL, at least when I was playing it for ~5 years, CPL I don't think that was the case either.

Smokes did cause a lot of weirdness, one-way smoke had a whole different meaning in 1.6, I don't think I actually heard the term ever, but often you could completely see through the smoke on one side, but the person on the other side couldn't see poo poo, it was.. interesting.

And yeah, 1.6 (and every version before) was a totally different game than CS:GO, even at a fundamental level it was very different. Team work obviously is important, but 1 person could feasibly carry a team pretty far, and with 2 stars you could potentially win a substantial amount of matches.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 10, 2016

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I remember flashbangs being really nasty and smokes being really useless. Also HE nades went straight through walls and had no limit restrictions so you could set up an automatic bind/throw to spam HEs at where the ladder in assault is and some poor moron CT (me) would rush the ladder outside only to be blown away by three HEs exploding inside of the building.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

you could also shoot through everything (almost). Ts rushing B on dust2? Blast them through (what is now) the wall at car.

HEs also did fantastic damage even to armored opponents without having to hit the guy in the face with it.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

MF_James posted:

you could also shoot through everything (almost). Ts rushing B on dust2? Blast them through (what is now) the wall at car.

HEs also did fantastic damage even to armored opponents without having to hit the guy in the face with it.

I miss wall banging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Photex posted:

I miss wall banging

Yeah, so many hackusations. I also miss being able to effortlessly carry 1v5, that is much more difficult now.