Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Murderion posted:

Jesus Christ the foreperson needs to learn to write an 8
it looks like he drew BB8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Judge: "Just to make this clear you're representing yourself correct?"

Bundy: "No sir I am a fool known as a client"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I dunno but it seems like from what was presented at the press conference that they could have easily hit the little girl/other occupants and were probably lucky that they didn't with all the extra shots just based on where the bullet holes on the vehicle were. Can only imagine how much of a mess this would be in that case.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

There was a little girl, what?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Oh I guess that was the singer girl, she looks pretty young in the video.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Everyone, even in the cellphone video, keeps referring to the girl from the Von Trapp Family Singers or whatever as a girl. She's 18 and was 18 at the time of the incident.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

there was a singer girl what

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

there was a singer girl what
Some dumb evangelical breed-whore.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

quote:

Sharp confirmed that the passengers never drew weapons and attempted to get out of their vehicles before federal agents fired “at least 120 shots altogether” at the vehicle carrying her party.

That one

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Her account pretty much proves she's totally nuts so of course the SovCits are embracing it.

The FBI literally opening up on the truck with a dozen miniguns but them praying saved them from all the bullets and also mysteriously erased any evidence of that happening

Watching their story change in real time is fascinating. Remember when Cliven was executed in the middle of the road after putting his gun down and he surrendered, and he heard it from his son who was there and also everybody else in the van backed the story up?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Going for the insanity plea huh?

I'm guessing he figures he has no way out of this, so he's going to use it as a soapbox since the trial will be a media spectacle. Of course, that's if there's cameras going to be allowed into the courtroom.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

is she a circus clown

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

is she a circus clown

i'm

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Epic High Five posted:

Her account pretty much proves she's totally nuts so of course the SovCits are embracing it.

The FBI literally opening up on the truck with a dozen miniguns but them praying saved them from all the bullets and also mysteriously erased any evidence of that happening

Watching their story change in real time is fascinating. Remember when Cliven was executed in the middle of the road after putting his gun down and he surrendered, and he heard it from his son who was there and also everybody else in the van backed the story up?

The main thing is that she heard all the nonlethal and is too dumb to know

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Do you guys still got LaVoy's bible?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

after watching the whole thing. i like that she is clearly lying about it. there are maybe five shots(most into tarpman) and a flash bang.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

after watching the whole thing. i like that she is clearly lying about it. there are maybe five shots(most into tarpman) and a flash bang.

sorry i'll repeat it for you

HUNDREDS OF SHOTS

INTO THE SIDE OF THE SUV

ONLY PRAYER SAVED THEM

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

sorry i'll repeat it for you

HUNDREDS OF SHOTS

INTO THE SIDE OF THE SUV

ONLY PRAYER SAVED THEM

you forgot the part where the FBI agent fired the rpg into the car but it went out the window.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Jesus deflected the other 114 bullets away imo, it's the only proper explanation.

I'm glad she has a chance now to learn how to apply blush and maybe not be a sovcit crazy person in the future if she's lucky.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

you forgot the part where the FBI agent fired the rpg into the car but it went out the window.

Oh god they kept adding more onto it since I tuned out didn't they

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Mercury_Storm posted:

Jesus deflected the other 114 bullets away imo, it's the only proper explanation.

I'm glad she has a chance now to learn how to apply blush and maybe not be a sovcit crazy person in the future if she's lucky.

you see those treadmarks in the snow? It was then that Jesus drove the getaway car

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I do think there are two early shots at about 5:30 of the cel phone video. Right when he gets out. I'm not judging it or anything just saying there seems to be two shots at that point which could be the disputed FBI shots.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Does the superseding indictment replace all the other ones or just add more charges?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Finicum's widow: Law enforcement 'spreading whitewash'

quote:

“These officials announced that ‘without a doubt’ the officer who killed my husband did so ‘to protect’ himself and his fellow officers ‘from imminent harm.’ I know my husband, Robert LaVoy Finicum, and I knew him on the day he died. With his hands in the air, he was no danger to anyone, he intended no ‘imminent harm,’” Jeanette said. “So when the officials said yesterday that my husband was ‘solely responsible’ for the situation and happening of his death, they were spreading their whitewash with a very broad brush.”

Jeanette said she and her lawyers intend to see that “the men who ambushed my husband, who set him up for death, who assassinated him, will face justice in a court before an unbiased jury.”

It just keeps getting better.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

The men responsible will be in court and will go to jail for many years. Notably the Bundy's

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This whole thing has been the best.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

theflyingorc posted:

The new meme being bandied about LaVoy's death is "Three Bullets in the Back"

As if where he was shot has anything at all to do with whether the shooting was justified.

The only reason he got it in the back is because he was totally shocked by the guy coming out of the woods behind him. He was making his false draws of his weapon toward the officers from the road, then all of sudden that one guy popped up behind him, and he continued his action of reaching for his weapon while turning toward him. The problem is, he was now facing away from the officers with guns, and only the officer with a taser could actually see what he was doing, so the other officers kind of had no choice but to shoot him in the back because they couldn't see if he was drawing on the other officer.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I know here husband died. But lady. That's literally not how it happened. There are videos. Multiple. What the gently caress.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I feel bad for his family because they were raised by a violent Mormon nutjob who seemingly ran gun first into every revolution he could find. Now they have to make the decision of whether or not he was a hero or suicidal idiot, and that's not a difficult choice to make even if you're wrong.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Does the superseding indictment replace all the other ones or just add more charges?

It replaces the original indictment, but it includes he original charge. So functionally it is just additional charges. Count 1 in the superseding indictment is the original charge.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
That is pretty funny, because Ammon just gave an interview yesterday where he chuckled at how the only law they could get him on was the 1800's one for impeding a federal agent.

http://katu.com/news/local/jailhouse-interview-ammon-bundy-says-governments-story-is-unraveling

Mummy Brigade
Sep 12, 2004

Jeez. You're kind of a bitch.

cumshitter posted:

That is pretty funny, because Ammon just gave an interview yesterday where he chuckled at how the only law they could get him on was the 1800's one for impeding a federal agent.

http://katu.com/news/local/jailhouse-interview-ammon-bundy-says-governments-story-is-unraveling

Haha, he's gonna be in prison for a very long time. Hope his kids will grow up learning their dad is a violent redneck who failed at revolution and... oh who am I kidding, they'll be just another group of homeschool rejects who will grow up being proud of their ignorance.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/Paulmd199/status/707790966288097280

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

cumshitter posted:

There really isn't anything that can crack the arrogance of this man, is there? His revolution failed, a good chunk of his immediate family is in jail, but despite all of this, he's sitting in his cell utterly convinced that he's won and will just get to walk away while his enemies shake their fists in impotent rage.

Mummy Brigade posted:

Haha, he's gonna be in prison for a very long time. Hope his kids will grow up learning their dad is a violent redneck who failed at revolution and... oh who am I kidding, they'll be just another group of homeschool rejects who will grow up being proud of their ignorance.

Sadly, the kids have probably been fed a steady diet of SovCit gibberish since birth, so the likelihood of them ever being able to function normally is pretty low unless they get removed from the environment.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

XK posted:

The only reason he got it in the back is because he was totally shocked by the guy coming out of the woods behind him. He was making his false draws of his weapon toward the officers from the road, then all of sudden that one guy popped up behind him, and he continued his action of reaching for his weapon while turning toward him. The problem is, he was now facing away from the officers with guns, and only the officer with a taser could actually see what he was doing, so the other officers kind of had no choice but to shoot him in the back because they couldn't see if he was drawing on the other officer.

what i like about the new video is its clear he wasnt hit in the car. you would have seen it or heard him say something or even rock back from it. instead he decides to pull a john marston and trie to out draw the feds. and it ends the same way. ammon and ryan dont care. he was useful idiot before and now he is "martyr" to them dead.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Now you need to add in the min/max range per crime so we have a jail time range. Potentially some will be allowed to serve concurrently so the minimum should be the longest minimum for any crime they're charged and the max will be the sum of the max of all the crimes.

Every time one of these idiots says they're representing themselves I think of Gomez Addams "they say a man that represents himself has a fool for a client. Well, as god as my witness, I am that fool!"

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007
The great irony is that Lavoy Finicum's supporters are the ones who dishonor his memory by infantilizing him. No matter that he clearly wanted to be seen as a brave man who took up arms and forced the government's hand: his legacy is a helpless victim, in over his head, a child that wandered onto a battlefield and died. The only argument left is whether the adults are to blame.

And honestly that doesn't sound too far wrong to me, but his supporters ought to pause for thought. Why does every battle in the glorious revolution boil down to "The government's kid gloves were too rough"? "The nanny state is too mean to the babies!" Is that what the movement will reduce every valiant three-percenter and noble oath-keeper to, when they make their stand? What's it say that they have to eat their own, or they wouldn't enjoy even the tiny sliver of support from the general public that they do have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I guess it means that the only people willing or able to pull their movement out of the toxic swamp it started in are now in prison or awaiting trial.