Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

how come ezrael's title is "the prodigal explorer" when it should be "the prodigious explorer"

No, like "the prodigal son" or

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Lady Naga posted:

It's very unreasonable to waste everyone's time by dodging a pick actually.

You're like a hundred percent wrong about this.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

kingcobweb posted:

No, like "the prodigal son" or

i thought he was supposed to be really good, not wasteful

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

His background is that he was like a master wizard but thought wizard school was super boring so he decided to map some tunnels (?) and then Piltover was like "HOLY poo poo THESE MAPS ARE SICK" and gave him a billion dollars to be the official PILTOVER GRANDMASTER OF EXPLORING so he ditched wizard school and now just farts around *~*~exploring*~* with his ridiculous lifestyle fully funded by the Piltover government.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Groovelord Neato posted:

Based on what they were presumably going for, "The Exploring Prodigy" would probably have been best

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

kingcobweb posted:

That makes me wonder, could ~tank Diana~ work for similar reasons? Killing a Goldfish LLC will investigate this new claim

a few seasons ago i had a friend who was bronze v, and i would spectate his games for fun sometimes. once he was playing against this dude who went revive tp full tank diana every game, for like 500 games. it was a thing of beauty and he had insane next level strats like not buying any items at level one so you could base and buy a chain vest quicker (this was when they didn't build from cloth)

anyway that guy owns and everyone should be like him

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

kingcobweb posted:

That makes me wonder, could ~tank Diana~ work for similar reasons? Killing a Goldfish LLC will investigate this new claim

I doubt it, the reason Akali works is the new mechanic allowing her to spam E and the ludicrous sustain she buys out of that. Diana's got significant mana costs and no equivalent regen mechanic.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

JerryLee posted:

Based on what they were presumably going for, "The Exploring Prodigy" would probably have been best

yeah this is what i was getting at. i think riot thinks prodigal means prodigy when that's prodigious.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Maybe he's just really really bad with money.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

Super Librarian posted:

Yay I made plat for the first time, and without too much feeding (my hidden score there is 0/2/14, a shameful sona score)

Jarvan with damage items looks extra crazy now, holy cow

Congratulations Ms. Von Scoot :)

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Aerox posted:

His background is that he was like a master wizard but thought wizard school was super boring so he decided to map some tunnels (?) and then Piltover was like "HOLY poo poo THESE MAPS ARE SICK" and gave him a billion dollars to be the official PILTOVER GRANDMASTER OF EXPLORING so he ditched wizard school and now just farts around *~*~exploring*~* with his ridiculous lifestyle fully funded by the Piltover government.

Also going on dates with Lux

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I think naut is the best champ in league right now and it's hard to lose if I get to pick him especially in bronze soo he may be worth dodging

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Super Librarian posted:

Yay I made plat for the first time, and without too much feeding (my hidden score there is 0/2/14, a shameful sona score)

Jarvan with damage items looks extra crazy now, holy cow

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATS

redact previous statement

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Kashuno posted:

I think naut is the best champ in league right now and it's hard to lose if I get to pick him especially in bronze soo he may be worth dodging

I discovered yesterday that the nerf to his E damage hit him hard in the way I play him as support. Twice people got away after copping an E to the face with the trickle of HP that would have been the nerfed damage :(

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lady Naga posted:

Those particular 90 seconds of champion select are significantly more valuable part of my day than the next 35 minutes.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gridlocked posted:

I discovered yesterday that the nerf to his E damage hit him hard in the way I play him as support. Twice people got away after copping an E to the face with the trickle of HP that would have been the nerfed damage :(

Pls don't tell me these horrible things

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the support maybe doesn't get the kill...the horror

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

I've tried tanky-CDR-capped and it was pretty fun. It was surprising how much damage she can put out with just a Wit's End, heh

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

rabidsquid posted:

Well more my lane didn't get the double kill as they dodged back into tower range on the trickle of health that would have been the E damage difference between .5 and .4, and then I didn't get the kill on ambushing the Nid when she tried to steal my teams Red.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

I think it's more no one gets the kill.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Lady Naga posted:

its way better to ask someone after you to trade and then dont tell them a champion so the timer runs out

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
If the adc can't last hit a caster minion they sure as hell cant last hit a champion

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
ezreal is blue beetle + indiana jones + anime

this has been your 'what terrible pop culture references is this league of legends champion' with ungulateman

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
please cs

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ah yes, the fabled elo with good supports who have no problem getting kills but ADCs that can neither get kills or cs. It's weird that so many supports end up in this place.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Naut isn't a support, he's a jungler!!!!!!

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Aurelion Sol s voice videos are 30+ minutes long, god dang

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
why is mid AP chogath a thing I keep seeing?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
It can be really good

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
it's always been a thing

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
It's really good, and even if you fall behind you're still a huge guy with a ton of CC that can win a teamfight with one non-ult ability.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I guess maybe it can be good? I've yet to see one do even OK, let alone good.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
His design is really old-fashioned, which has its downsides like his complete lack of mobility and ambiguity/versatility (depending on how you look at it) of how you can build him. His Q has one of the game's few remaining 1.0 AP ratios, while his ult is 300 true damage with a 0.7 ratio.

He wins more often midlane than top, which makes sense if you look at those numbers. Plus, he's pretty much a hard counter to any kind of burst assassin or mage who plays like one, since he has the base stats to survive a full combo and the sustain to shrug off poke. He's apparently the hardest counter to Annie mid by a full 5%. When I played mid more often, he was FOTM, and I had him picked into my Talon and wanted to shoot myself.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
ap cho is one of the least fun things to play against in the game

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Release Darius and height of spell vamp's power Vlad/kennen are also on this list

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

NTT posted:

ap cho is one of the least fun things to play against in the game

Yeah, people talk about "oh that dude one-shotted me" but I think the term is thrown around really loosely. A fed AP cho can legit deal more than half your max HP as true damage.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

He also gets a free kill on like 75% or higher new players who have no idea that a level 6 ap Cho can essentially immediately kill you from 400 health.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

He also gets a free kill on like 75% or higher new players who have no idea that a level 6 ap Cho can essentially immediately kill you from 400 health.

Yeah it's really dumb. Even if it wasn't good, which it currently is, it's just a super outdated and unfun way for a champ to work and it doesn't really belong in modern League.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
The other day I played a game as top lane Tahm against Cho. It was a fun as hell back-and-forth of two fatasses trying to eat each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

rabidsquid posted:

Ah yes, the fabled elo with good supports who have no problem getting kills but ADCs that can neither get kills or cs. It's weird that so many supports end up in this place.

It's not that I'm a super great support, but it's pretty likely that a) My adc will not see an opportunity to go in because they're focused on farming and b) the enemy adc will utterly underestimate how much damage sona can do and from what range.

• Locked thread