Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

merk posted:

I ended up using Amazon. It lets you put your size in and filters to only pants that have your size. How is this the only company offering such a service?

merk can i suggest a pair of mjeggings?

man jeggings are super comfortable and great, as a tall slim man myself who is slightly expanding with age into the coveted 'dadbod' i can heartily recommend these classy pieces of menswear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Speaking of coffee, here's a story about how a drink called Moscow Mule came to be:

It was the year 1850ish AD, somewhere near the Latvian-Russian border, 200 miles outside of a city called Moscow.
Oksana Smirnoff lived with her lovely dad, Pyotr on a farm in a rural village. Oksana had a lot of free time seeing as she was an only child and her dad was a drunk and a thief. So one day little Oksana decides to get a little crazy while her dad is out plowing the cows or whatever it is farmers do. You see, Pyotr had a little side hobby of sticking some potatoes into a big pot and letting them ferment and get all nasty, then sucking some sort of water out of them that tastes funny and makes you dizzy. Oksana liked the feeling of drinking the dizzy water, but didn't care for the taste too much so she wouldn't really partake. Plus her dad said that she would be sold to the gypsys if she ever stole any so she was pretty terrified. Well now that she was almost 30 it was time to be a grown up and stand up to dad.
So Oksana got some dizzy water and some of her own copper cups from her room, and looked around the kitchen and the farm for things to add in. They had some mint growing outside near the porch, and she used the last of their ginger and ground it all up and mixed it with the dizzy water and BAM. Oksana had unknowingly created one of the most tastey beverages in history.
Now as the story goes, Pyotr came home from working the fields all day and found his beautiful baby daughter sleeping in the pig sty, copper mug still in hand. Well one sniff of that copper mug is all it took for Pyotr to put Oksana on the first train to Riga. Oksana was devastated for betraying her father, and disappeared after many years in seclusion.

Stayed tuned for part 2: How Oksana got her booze back.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

busb posted:

i dont get this joke. i like tall girls, yes? do starbucks only hire tall girls?

ugh no i don't want your HFCS thanks. slightly molassesy sugar is perfect for coffee

The syrup I'm talking about contains no sugar, it's a sugar substitute.

When I make coffee at home I use sugartwin, if I just go to a regular coffee shop that won't have those kinds of sugar-free syrups I use whatever sugar-free sweetener they have which is usually splenda.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 27, 2020

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Asiina posted:

The syrup I'm talking about contains no sugar, it's a sugar substitute.

When I make coffee at home I use sugartwin, if I just go to a regular coffee shop that won't have those kinds of sugar-free syrups I use whatever sugar-free sweetener they have which is usually splenda.

enjoy your cancer i guess, that poo poo tastes weird

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
I like my coffee black in case any of you were thinking of buying me some coffee

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
Have you ever had Brueggers bagels keane? They're probably the best I've ever had

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

busb posted:

enjoy your cancer i guess, that poo poo tastes weird

I find aspartame in some forms has a weird aftertaste (especially in diet drinks), but can't taste the difference between sucralose and sugar, even as a raw powder.

The links between cancer and artificial sweeteners doesn't exist in any practical way. Turns out if you give rats an abnormally large amount in a short period of time it can increase their risk of cancer, but even those studies are scrutinized as not really being a clear link. It's on the same level of pseudoscience as cell phones causing cancer.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

Asiina posted:

I find aspartame in some forms has a weird aftertaste (especially in diet drinks), but can't taste the difference between sucralose and sugar, even as a raw powder.

The links between cancer and artificial sweeteners doesn't exist in any practical way. Turns out if you give rats an abnormally large amount in a short period of time it can increase their risk of cancer, but even those studies are scrutinized as not really being a clear link. It's on the same level of pseudoscience as cell phones causing cancer.

Actually Asiina statistically there is a 50 percent chance that aspertame ends up giving you cancer

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
same with mobile phones

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
same with busb's posts

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i'm in the 50% that is immune :smuggo:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Cool Hang Out Mafia 2.0 needs one more player!

Also you should all keep an eye on it because there will be ~hijinks~ and things might happen that involve other folks or something, who knows

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3767391

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

MG2 posted:

Have you ever had Brueggers bagels keane? They're probably the best I've ever had

Brueggers is good

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
It's true about New York and bagels though. New York has something in their water system that leads to perfect bagels

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's the rat killer

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think jewish bakeries make the best bagels and also black n white cookies

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

imgay posted:

Italian bakeries make the best cakes and pastries on LI

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
not chocolate babka

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
How are you, thread? Music school is kicking my rear end and I met my soulmate yesterday and she moved in right away. She's the cutest here is a picture http://imgur.com/iAXZv7p

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

Look Under The Rock posted:

How are you, thread? Music school is kicking my rear end and I met my soulmate yesterday and she moved in right away. She's the cutest here is a picture http://imgur.com/iAXZv7p

Oh my god what a cute puppy

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Netrunner is a fun game, I am happy for the two of you

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

:swoon:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
you've made a terrible mistake, that is not a kitten or a cockatoo, lutr!

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

:dogbutton:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

:cheerdoge:

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

MG2 posted:

Oh my god what a cute puppy
She is twice as cute when she's pouncing around the living room and she's soooo warm and soft

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

She is twice as cute when she's pouncing around the living room and she's soooo warm and soft

I love the puppy prance

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
prancing in general really

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Top tier pupper

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Is that a copy of 'The Talisman' by King/Straub?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
pupper owns

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

busb posted:

The only true breakfast is toasted muesli / granola with Greek yoghurt.

Also I've tried bagels here but they are not very good. I keep just wishing for a nice sourdough every time I get one.

Has America been able to invent proper coffee yet? IE the flat white?
The only place I know of that makes flat whites here is Starbucks :sparkles:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'm watching the Democratic debate on Univision and the moderators are everything I want my mafia game to be like.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

yuming posted:

The only place I know of that makes flat whites here is Starbucks :sparkles:

i know minge thats the entire point of what i said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
vilerat's mom just made a cameo in the dem debate

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

imgay posted:

Correct.

Also, ignore the bagels opinions of everybody who doesn't know what a Bialy is, this is my life advice to you.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

PBS Newshour posted:

vilerat's mom just made a cameo in the dem debate

I read this and was like "Is that the guy with the hot mom? Wait no that's Microwave."

Edit: And then thought about it some more and realized who it actually was. drat.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

merk posted:

I ended up using Amazon. It lets you put your size in and filters to only pants that have your size. How is this the only company offering such a service?

You might be able to get some stuff tailored if you go to men's Wearhouse and buy a suit and negotiate a little.

Also you make me grateful for my stumpy little legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

recommend me a movie with some really top notch cool action scenes that i can watch on netflix/amazonprime/hbogo ??????