Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
Yep... been idling in discord for a few months, like 5 players max ever want to div, yet this thread seems fairly active.

I'd div more if you lowbies would level up!

Also, should I be selling that Ryujo that I played 2 times in a team battle, since we never have 7 people online to play? I need the cash!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pseudophile
Dec 25, 2007

I had quite a good time playing with other guys in Discord tonight. Highly recommended.

Scottishprog
Jun 30, 2012
Seconded.

I reached a St. Louis today, and had some fun in some division games. Wished it could have lasted longer.
I will be asking for more division oriented play in the future.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I'm having a slightly lovely week so you probably won't see me until Saturday or so :(

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

http://warships.today/player/1000085268/na/NTRabbit

1232, I'm average, same as Tonks

quote:

NTRabbit on North-American server
High level overview

Plays a mix of cruisers (excellent) and battleships (excellent)
Deals a large amount of damage
Key vehicle - New Mexico

Not sure how New Mexico is key though, other ships have better stats

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Arishtat posted:

I believe that I have found the problem right here. :v:

I've tried to take antibiotics for it, but I just can't stop peeing fire.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
God damnit. I hadn't bothered to check my stats in a long time and it seems that I've been playing awful for a while now.

http://warships.today/player/1001043329/na/Dalael :negative:

Don't check Hazdoc's stats if you don't want to feel bad about yourself. :suicide:

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.
Public test with the new Russian cruisers starts on the 10th as I suspected, so open a public test account and download the test client if you want in on the four day test.

Unsure if they will run with accelerated xp gain or if they'll make the research basically free but limit to lower tiers initially and open up higher tiers later.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

I guess i'm aright?

http://warships.today/player/500012920/eu/Blinks

Finally finished the Baltimore, not a very good ship but it does have it's charms.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I just missed all 9 of my Minekaze's torps when sailing 2km from the opposing Independence.
That's it, I quit for today.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Is there a text chat room in Discord? And if not, can we start one?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

MoraleHazard posted:

Is there a text chat room in Discord? And if not, can we start one?

There are in fact three: One for WoWS, one for WoT, and one general bullshit one. You're also not apparently on the Discord, or you'd have seen this, so :rms:

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Mar 9, 2016

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Are there many EU goons that want to division up? I'd love to use my Cleveland to help a BB by providing air cover/scaring away DDs.

Chucullinn
Dec 9, 2008

Tekopo posted:

Are there many EU goons that want to division up? I'd love to use my Cleveland to help a BB by providing air cover/scaring away DDs.

I'm EU but I play on the NA server (so I tend to be active at more awkward hours) if you want to div up. I'm all up for divisions with goons, I'd definitely rather be losing with goons than with brain donor pubbies.

I too am apparently okay at the boats.

http://warships.today/player/1000086331/na/Chucullinn

Been on a losing streak though lately :negative:

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

It only took us 438 pages to finally get people to buy in to a place that has a chat room and VOIP :unsmith:

I mostly blame Wargaming for having no clan infrastructure, or chat, or global/clan chat that is available inside matches

Lazy Gun
Apr 7, 2009
Fun Shoe
http://warships.today/player/1018445511/na/Siouxsie_by_the_Sea

I'm mostly trash but not always completely on fire, at least.

I am some kind of Myogi savant, which is upsetting. At least i'm almost out of it.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
leaked concept art of possible new game mode:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Starblazers MMO!

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
This is the worst guy I've ever come across. 7,919 average damage in over 2000 battles. What the hell are you doing, guy?! He's actually more awful than WARBEASTY.

First thing to happen in the battle (Two Brothers) is he starts off in a huff how MM has screwed him again and he's just going to go down the middle.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

mik posted:

This is the worst guy I've ever come across. 7,919 average damage in over 2000 battles. What the hell are you doing, guy?! He's actually more awful than WARBEASTY.

I don't know about that last part, he's got a higher win rate and he has more ships with a non-trivial number of battles and a decent win rate.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
From his individual ship stats I infer that he is just another yolo destroyer player. There's one on every team.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Oh people are still doing this stats thing, well ok then let's see my own. Probably loving terribl-

quote:

Palantyre on European server
High level overview

Plays a mix of cruisers (excellent) and battleships (excellent)
Deals a large amount of damage
Very often finishes damaged enemies
Key vehicle - Wyoming

Overall rating 1311 - Great

:staredog: Well then.

Granted I've only played 129 battles since launch, so eh.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.
Public test instructions:
http://worldofwarships.eu/en/content/pt-guide/

edit: Here's the new page
http://worldofwarships.com/en/content/pt-guide/

But apparently there was some miscommunication with WG NA from the home office and the PT is scheduled for a later time :rolleyes:

Victor Surge fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Mar 10, 2016

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
So, playing my Izumo, first game going great... confederate. No one on my team bothers to protect our cap, so I sail across the entire map, and almost get in the zone, after countless teammates run away from it passing me in the other direction.

We lose by about 5 seconds of me not being able to get my izumo in it... killed 4 ships along the way, driving straight at the cap... awesome.

Next game, starts off well again. Curiously, a Des Moines on my team rams into me and proceeds to stay on me. He was on me for 3 minutes. I can't get off him because the Izumo is a piece of poo poo. I get torped from three sides, can't move.

I had to look the guy up. What I find is not a surprise.

New shittiest player in the game contender.

http://warships.today/player/1016491625/na/brwlf13

Averages 15k damage a game. Jesus christ.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I never thought I'd say it, but I actually really like the Furutaka. With some accurate gunfire, AP shells and the turret upgrade, if you use the ship like a more manoeuvrable mini-battleship. Last game I had with it I had something like 50k damage. Have they improved it since beta?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

jownzy posted:

I play T2-T5 and I think I still manage to average 45k per game.

book
Nov 29, 2014

Tekopo posted:

I never thought I'd say it, but I actually really like the Furutaka. With some accurate gunfire, AP shells and the turret upgrade, if you use the ship like a more manoeuvrable mini-battleship. Last game I had with it I had something like 50k damage. Have they improved it since beta?

The furutaka is great because it has 203s and you can dunk on fragile tier 4 and 5 cruisers who like to show broadside.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

jownzy posted:

Next game, starts off well again. Curiously, a Des Moines on my team rams into me and proceeds to stay on me. He was on me for 3 minutes. I can't get off him because the Izumo is a piece of poo poo. I get torped from three sides, can't move.

I had to look the guy up. What I find is not a surprise.

New shittiest player in the game contender.

http://warships.today/player/1016491625/na/brwlf13

Judging by his stats, it's possible that he literally had no idea how to get off of your ship.

Tekopo posted:

Yes they buffed it not too long after beta. After I free xp'd past it, of course.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Tekopo posted:

Have they improved it since beta?

Yes. It got, at the very least, a turret traverse buff that was fairly substantial.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Tekopo posted:

I played (and enjoyed!) the pre-buff Furutaka because if I won, gently caress yeah! I won in a Furutaka! If I lost, I was in a Furutaka, so it couldn't be my fault.

I approached the one in Steel Ocean the same way only to discover there it's actually a good boat by virtue of being the first Heavy Cruiser available.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

wdarkk posted:

Yes. It got, at the very least, a turret traverse buff that was fairly substantial.

I think it also has 10km torpedoes now instead of 6 or 7km, and a LOT of people in those tiers don't realize it.

50 gold for the new super camo boooo. I thought 30 for the old version was pushing it.

Only like 4k xp from the Shima, then I think im basically out of lines I really feel like grinding. I dont think the Soviet cruisers will be enough.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Tier 3 cruiser, tier 2 destroyer here. I don't know how to lead with torpedoes and keep running into situations where I try to group up with people but then die because it breaks up quickly thru death, scattering, etc. What's the secret.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
If you hit 'x' to select (or deselect) a torpedo target, you will get a guide telling you where to aim. If your opponents are stupid (and at Tier II-III they are), they will maintain course and speed and eat your torpedoes like hungry hungry hippos.

Also, watch the 10-kill Isokaze video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGaMQ8MqaK0

Edit: I was told the Colorado had decent AA, and I just got my final hull, but I only shot down 3 planes despite being totally destroyed by bombs. Are tier IX planes harder to hit?

MrKatharsis fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Mar 10, 2016

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

MrKatharsis posted:

If you hit 'x' to select (or deselect) a torpedo target, you will get a guide telling you where to aim. If your opponents are stupid (and at Tier II-III they are), they will maintain course and speed and eat your torpedoes like hungry hungry hippos.

Also, watch the 10-kill Isokaze video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGaMQ8MqaK0

It's like watching sideshow bob stumble into a rake factory.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Had my first great Atago game:

I think a lot of my XP points came from base capture points since I had only about 25k in damage. We were well down at one point too, so coming from behind for the win was nice.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Does X work for guns too, because I'd just been eyeballing it based on where I thought the ship was going to go and where the arty was splashing.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

MrKatharsis posted:

Edit: I was told the Colorado had decent AA, and I just got my final hull, but I only shot down 3 planes despite being totally destroyed by bombs. Are tier IX planes harder to hit?

It's not that they're harder to hit, it's that they have a lot more HP. Your AA never misses, but it can take a while to chew through a plane's health. Plus by tier IX the planes get pretty fast, so they spend less time in range of your AA.

Fun fact: if a squadron gets out of range of your long-range AA and nobody else is shooting at it, the health resets. Plane health is only tracked while a squadron is being engaged by other planes or is in range of hostile ship AA.

RandomPauI posted:

Does X work for guns too, because I'd just been eyeballing it based on where I thought the ship was going to go and where the arty was splashing.

Having a target selected works for guns too. The camera will track that target for you in sniper mode, and it'll be easier to get the correct range on your shots.

Godlessdonut fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Mar 10, 2016

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

lol quote is not edit.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

El Disco posted:

Having a target selected works for guns too. The camera will track that target for you in sniper mode, and it'll be easier to get the correct range on your shots.

This will make things so much easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

El Disco posted:

It's not that they're harder to hit, it's that they have a lot more HP. Your AA never misses, but it can take a while to chew through a plane's health. Plus by tier IX the planes get pretty fast, so they spend less time in range of your AA.

Fun fact: if a squadron gets out of range of your long-range AA and nobody else is shooting at it, the health resets. Plane health is only tracked while a squadron is being engaged by other planes or is in range of hostile ship AA.

As I recall, planes don't actually have health at all (this is something Wargaming has lied about many times in the past). Every time your AA gun fires it has a certain chance of killing a plane, based on the gun's damage and plane durability. If you watch it you'll occasionally see a low tier DD with one lovely machine gun knock down a plane the moment it gets in range.

Who knows why they thought that was a good idea. They really like lying about game mechanics though.

Related but probably better known, there is no disadvantage to setting an AA target as each set of AA guns will only attack one squadron at a time anyway. Instead of "focus target" like the game says, it gives you a damage bonus.