Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Colonial Air Force posted:

10 for each person?

The 4 main commanders. Once you hit 10 with them you get access to a buff from each one that gives you more health, extra damage, etc. it also lets you unlock crates in Star Fortresses that have special clickies, like an automatic turret or a grenade that stuns people.

Easiest way to raise influence is just running heroics for the crates. Good money and you get the crates for faction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Empress Theonora posted:

Oh, I was wondering what was up with that. The smuggler contact just stared wordlessly at me while a bunch of randos were punching one another in the background for no reason.

That's the one I got, too. Nico Okarr has a mean staring-contest game face.

Also yesterday's op started around 6 PM CST. Tomorrow's op will (ideally) start around 6 PM CST. Bring your jumping sandals.

Mgant
Nov 26, 2005

Best in the West

Dalris Othaine posted:

Also yesterday's op started around 6 PM CST. Tomorrow's op will (ideally) start around 6 PM CST. Bring your jumping sandals.

I can probably make it, just need to do a little bit of extra work tomorrow during the day, which I will bill you btw.
Also, what op is "EV", is it evil? Difficult? Any hats dropping?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I'm actually not going to be available til about 8 CST, sadly.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Mgant posted:

I can probably make it, just need to do a little bit of extra work tomorrow during the day, which I will bill you btw.
Also, what op is "EV", is it evil? Difficult? Any hats dropping?

Eternity Vault, the first operation. Extremely easy. Can be done in 30 minutes if you bring a stealther to cheese past trash after first boss to activate speeder to second boss.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ladies and gentlemen, your subscriber rewards -

quote:

March Subscriber Rewards

HK-55 Helmet

Early access to Chapter XI: Disavowed

April Subscriber Rewards

HK-55 Weapon Set: Sniper Rifle, Blaster Pistol and Vibrosword

Early access to Chapter XII: Visions in the Dark

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, your subscriber rewards -

Yeah more pieces of mail to ignore because I don't care enough to even click.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Yeah more pieces of mail to ignore because I don't care enough to even click.

I don't mind the items but they really need to just add them to collections.

Also, would be nice if they gave us a set of Bind to Legacy offhands, you know, something actually useful. :(

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Medullah posted:

My female commando not only blew him off but promoted Elara instead of him. Go cry in your litter box King Richard Aric.

I did this as well in my vanguard play through because girl power. In my male commando play through, I chose the opposite because rogue bros before hos spec ops military complex. I also recently finished the agent story playthrough with my BFF Kaylio and the whole neutral ending seemed right. Basically it was thanks for the ride, I'm out ending. I'm currently on a dark lightning sorc run and I hope I can get it done by next week. Any recommendations on female merc vs powertech for my last story run? I played the reverse equivalent on the republic side and the vanguard playstyle seems rather slow in the early game.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Why can't the subscriber reward just be some credits so I can buy myself the armor I actually want

genghispawn
Aug 17, 2008

Dalris Othaine posted:

I want to get in on this. But I think laundry will defeat me. Is this going to be a regular thing? I've been itching to try.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Also I can probably make that op on my 59 marauder if you guys need a cool man DPS

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

genghispawn posted:

Is this going to be a regular thing?

Lord, I hope not :v:

More seriously, we'll keep doing it as long as people are interested. There's lots of stuff in ops! Loot, story, crazy monsters , chases, escapes, true love, miracles...

Also if someone wants to bring their stealther to sneaky sneak like Medullah said, that'd be schway.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

This bit can't be stressed enough. If your Aric is naked, sorry chums, but reset that bitch. If you finish the chapter without resetting, you won't get your companion.

I would also like to point out there are four consoles you have to blow up to take down the force field. There are actually two yellow consoles you have to blow up in order to shut down the force field.

It just seems like counter-intuitive game design. Oh, OK I have to shoot up a console in the back of the room. I found that one easy enough. Then I figured out that I should follow the red and green lines in order blow up those consoles. So I blew up a yellow console, a red console, a green console, it seems like that should disable the force field. I thought the game had bugged out on me yet again, it turns out it was just because I hadn't hit the two yellow consoles, even though that had never been something that had ever come up previously.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
This chapter...yeesh. Not great. One buggy 30 minute mission, no alliance alerts (even though they're just fetch quest fluff), arena still hasn't been released, crates are still hosed. They really don't seem to be making a case for renewing my sub.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

It's disconcerting to see an MMO get jankier, buggier, less polished, etc. late in its life. I feel like they bit off more than they could chew with this release schedule for the new stuff.

And it kind of pisses me off that this reprehensible chance cube poo poo happened right when I ended up with more disposable income I could be spending on packs.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Dalris Othaine posted:

More seriously, we'll keep doing it as long as people are interested. There's lots of stuff in ops! Loot, story, crazy monsters , chases, escapes, true love, miracles...

Also if someone wants to bring their stealther to sneaky sneak like Medullah said, that'd be schway.

I'll try to be there with my Marauder that's never done any sort of OP thing at all! Of course it all depends on whether I can actually log off from work a few minutes early or not. Also, my concept of stealth is to leave no witnesses.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

thrakkorzog posted:

I would also like to point out there are four consoles you have to blow up to take down the force field. There are actually two yellow consoles you have to blow up in order to shut down the force field.

It just seems like counter-intuitive game design. Oh, OK I have to shoot up a console in the back of the room. I found that one easy enough. Then I figured out that I should follow the red and green lines in order blow up those consoles. So I blew up a yellow console, a red console, a green console, it seems like that should disable the force field. I thought the game had bugged out on me yet again, it turns out it was just because I hadn't hit the two yellow consoles, even though that had never been something that had ever come up previously.

You follow the cables. There are two cables for yellow. This was the only marginally interesting part of the whole episode and people are complaining about it?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Apparently HM Xenoanalyst is bugged right now, allowing you to respawn in the room during the fight, so even if he enrages you can just throw yourself right back at him hahaha.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Apparently HM Xenoanalyst is bugged right now, allowing you to respawn in the room during the fight, so even if he enrages you can just throw yourself right back at him hahaha.

Sounds like it works just like it would in a single player game, so... Working as intended?

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

Chickenwalker posted:

This chapter...yeesh. Not great. One buggy 30 minute mission, no alliance alerts (even though they're just fetch quest fluff), arena still hasn't been released, crates are still hosed. They really don't seem to be making a case for renewing my sub.

I finally committed to letting my sub lapse a few days ago. First time in years. I was unsubbed a few weeks around the time that gw2 came out but other than that I've been a sub since launch.

With all the unfixed nonsense going on and the fact I can't really see a reason to sub for a single player game it was getting hard to keep giving them money. I've always enjoyed the challenge of trying to beat the end game raids in the mmos I've played. I'm sure the lack of any new raids on the horizon probably biased my decision a bit. I like that they made the old ops more relevant at 65, but I realized pretty quickly that I had done them so many times over the last few years that I was bored.

I still keep wanting to like the game. They're just making it really hard to find a reason to do so.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They don't know how to develop raid fights, everything they do is always the same. They just took that literally with KOTFE.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I definitely can't argue with that. I'm keeping my sub active because $15 a month is small enough for me to occasionally log on after drinking and screw around, but it's definitely not my top choice of games right now.

Speaking of which, any goons play Grand Theft Auto online on PS4? A couple friends and I need a fourth to go through the heists. :)

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I actually liked the new chapter. Sure it was a bit bland mechanically, but "more of the same" is sort of to be expected in MMO town.

It's a character episode. You reflect on what you're fighting for, what it means to stand against the Eternal Empire, and just what you're willing to do to get there. teaming up with a naked catman! You also plant some seeds that will likely sprout later in a big way, and set up what looks to be a doozy of a chapter in April. I enjoyed it quite a bit. :shobon:

genghispawn
Aug 17, 2008

Dalris Othaine posted:

I do have a sneaky sneak. I'll try to stop by and have some fun. Do I need vent or anything like that?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So got squat in a hypercrate, decided to buy a supercrate off the GTN and got the Nexu mount and the Vertica mount and only one chance cube. I had a similar experience with the last pack, where the good stuff I got from a supercrate. So it seems supercrates are where it's at.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

So got squat in a hypercrate, decided to buy a supercrate off the GTN and got the Nexu mount and the Vertica mount and only one chance cube. I had a similar experience with the last pack, where the good stuff I got from a supercrate. So it seems supercrates are where it's at.

My problem with the new Vertica mount is that you hold on to the hold-on bar with your right hand, and you type on the controls with your left hand. But I'm right-handed! :psyduck:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

drat you. All I got was the Walkhar and the vorantikus.

I did, however, get a white-black crystal from one of the cubes.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

My problem with the new Vertica mount is that you hold on to the hold-on bar with your right hand, and you type on the controls with your left hand. But I'm right-handed! :psyduck:

MY IMMERSION.

BTW, if anyone gets a slug I'll pay 4 million for it. Right now they're at 7 on the GTN but as I understand they don't do ANY tricks I suspect the price will drop like a brick down near the 1 mil that the personal warbot is.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

drat you. All I got was the Walkhar and the vorantikus.

I did, however, get a white-black crystal from one of the cubes.

That will buy pretty much anything you want. I got a white-black hawkeye from the last packs and sold it for 22 million.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

genghispawn posted:

I do have a sneaky sneak. I'll try to stop by and have some fun. Do I need vent or anything like that?

We use TeamSpeak. Info is in the guild message.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Jedi posted:

We use TeamSpeak. Info is in the guild message.

I also got us a channel on the whole Discord IRC/VoIP thing that I don't know much about that I keep forgetting to add to the OP.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
So I'm still leveling up but I have cartel coins that I don't want or need, as I'm a subscriber and I don't care for cosmetics or decorations. I'm looking for the best way to convert coins to credits.

As far as I can tell, my best options are to sell crates, operations passes, or perhaps buy crates now and save them for a few months. So far I've just been looking at the lowest price for an item and calculating credits per coin to judge items. I'm not sure about the buy and hold strategy. There's also the option of opening crates and selling what's inside. I have no idea how that factors into profitability.

Any thoughts?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

prefect posted:

You're right handed, which means you need that hand for better control. Just like you use your mouse in your right hand while WASDing.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

That will buy pretty much anything you want. I got a white-black hawkeye from the last packs and sold it for 22 million.

poo poo. Mine's an Eviscerating. Why can't I ever have good things Bioware :cry:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

poo poo. Mine's an Eviscerating. Why can't I ever have good things Bioware :cry:

Eviscerating should be even more - Crit is superior to power in crystals post 4.0

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Eviscerating should be even more - Crit is superior to power in crystals post 4.0

Is that true at non-raider stat numbers, or is it only something that kicks in at the high end?

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

genghispawn posted:

Do I need vent or anything like that?

I actually tend not to use it while running raids. I have a terrible headset that makes my head hurt :v:

It would be a good thing to have set up for when IF things go tits-up and we need to coordinate more closely though. So no, but have it set up and standing by just in case :D

EDIT: Also, a reminder that we're shooting for forming up in about three hours. Bring your walkin' shoes.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

Is that true at non-raider stat numbers, or is it only something that kicks in at the high end?

Pretty much. The amount of power you get just from mods and enhancements is huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

I got the orange fire crit crystal. How much can I get outta that?

• Locked thread