Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Meanwhile: "It's too hard to make armor sets that don't clip!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
They can't even prevent underwear from clipping through certain body types, I'm not really surprised :v:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/BUG-WvW-Guild-Challenge-Impossible/first#post6030446

lol.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

orcane posted:

They can't even prevent underwear from clipping through certain body types, I'm not really surprised :v:

There's a set of leggings I can't remember what they are but they clip through literally every loving boot there is, it looks like chainmail fishnet or something.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Slubsloth down woo

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

i am in a hell

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Hefty posted:

i am in a hell

just skip every other match

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Hefty posted:

i am in a hell

i wish my games looked like this but even when i play a class i'm poo poo with (thief, mesmer) i tend to win

in unrelated news, raid bosses now drop ascended armor chests where you can pick which weight class and stats you want, but not the type. i got a glove box off the raid sloth, and i can pick light/medium/heavy with assaulter/defender/healer/malicious stats. much superior to the old model where the boss just dropped whatever weight class and stats it wanted, which sucked if you got healer heavy because there are no warrior/revenant/guardian healer builds

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Dreggon posted:

i wish my games looked like this but even when i play a class i'm poo poo with (thief, mesmer) i tend to win

I only lost a couple games from amber to ruby and now it's this. At least they're fairly close.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Dreggon posted:

in unrelated news, raid bosses now drop ascended armor chests where you can pick which weight class and stats you want, but not the type. i got a glove box off the raid sloth, and i can pick light/medium/heavy with assaulter/defender/healer/malicious stats. much superior to the old model where the boss just dropped whatever weight class and stats it wanted, which sucked if you got healer heavy because there are no warrior/revenant/guardian healer builds

Ventari Tablet healer is pretty legit for slubsloth, the condi cleanse and projectile barriers and break bar and general healery from staff are all nice

Not sure if it dethrones druid as ~optimal~ but it's definitely neat and pretty effective

Aug 24, 2011

Magres posted:

Ventari Tablet healer is pretty legit for slubsloth, the condi cleanse and projectile barriers and break bar and general healery from staff are all nice

Not sure if it dethrones druid as ~optimal~ but it's definitely neat and pretty effective

i did actually use ventari for that fight - once you get him past 50% there are a FUCKLOAD of projectiles and some of them corrupt your boons. it's a real challenge trying to balance your energy so that you can keep your bubble up while moving the tablet and also clearing conditions when they get converted

my trick was to wait until he goes immune/break bar (he fears immediately after it), then swap to staff to break it, and as soon as i get feared i change legends (clears a condition, which ideally is fear) plonk down the tablet and hit the condi clear to save my buddies

there is so much crap on screen though. revenant healer isn't OK for that fight because you need to sustain both the bubble and the condi clear and the tablet movement - you won't have enough energy to use the heal. it outweighs dwarf (stability road) and mallyx (resistance) because if the bar breaks too slowly your road will expire, and the way mallyx resistance works means it isn't viable to help your group

it's a very group oriented boss and you need a lot of condi clear and projectile block to keep everyone up and running

Aug 24, 2011

guild hall sloth mushrooms look tiny and bad

not sabetha bad, but bad

e: they glow green which is ok though

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Mar 10, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah the evolving slublings in the last 20% were crushing my group, you need to be like impeccably clean about stacking well and keeping walls up. The worst is when the evolved slublings inflict fear, ugh

I might try some sort of Ventari/Glint Sword+Shield/Staff defensive DPS build and see how that turns out cause Sword energy consumption isn't super huge, and you should be able to keep up tablet projectile barrier like close to half the time. Obviously it'll be less DPS than Glint/Jalis, but DPS hasn't really been a huge concern with slothasor, just staying alive. Losing Jalis road sucks though, the stability on that is really nice.

Dunno, I'll probably try to convince my group to either run or let me run weird Rev things next time we go back to fight Sloth. Meta is for suckers, I want to try new things, and I think "Defensive DPS builds and two healers" is looking interesting for sloth

Magres fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Mar 10, 2016

Aug 24, 2011

slublings don't inflict fear, they corrupt stability into it

last 20% i suggest turning off facet of nature and just maintain your bubble, any quickness you get from the chronomancer will just get corrupted into slow, and it's more important to keep your group alive

yeah the loss of jalis road does suck, but i find the timing on the breaks can be really random and he will fear faster than your road goes down if it's quick, and road will expire if it's slow. you can't win, just use condi clear on legend swap then tablet + bubble your group (don't cleanse, one of the other 9 people can handle that)

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
only good decoration parts are the gorseval tentacles rip

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Would it really be a dungeon if it didn't have the grade A storytelling, voice acting and cutscenes the customers have come to expect of them though?

No No No, it wouldn't.

Enjoy your new ringtone: https://udba.org/gw2/nonono.ogg
Also, the full line: https://udba.org/gw2/nononofull.ogg

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

Dreggon posted:

i wish my games looked like this

Get to Ruby. At that point pretty much everyone has an idea of how to play the map and games are decided by the one or two people who aren't playing as serious.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Hefty posted:

I only lost a couple games from amber to ruby and now it's this. At least they're fairly close.

You advanced in rank by winning >50% of your games and now you're winning 50% consistently and cant' advance further? Sounds like the system is working.

The only thing broken is your perception that you're Legendary tier material.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

ItBurns posted:

You advanced in rank by winning >50% of your games and now you're winning 50% consistently and cant' advance further? Sounds like the system is working.

I mean, to be fair legendary mats are super common you just need an unholy amount of them to get a small piece of the pie.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

ItBurns posted:

how dare you question my esports prowess

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
drat, no takers <3

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Try throwing the next two matches after a loss by AFKing in spawn, probability dictates that you'll then win the next 3 and you can get 2 more pips from both streak mechanics that way.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

only good decoration parts are the gorseval tentacles rip

what does the new one look like?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

what does the new one look like?

a poo poo shroom

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kessel posted:

a poo poo shroom

*looks in toilet*

oh ok cool, ty

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

CLAM DOWN posted:

*looks in toilet*

oh ok cool, ty

Uh dude you may wanna eat more fiber if you see that in the toilet.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

uguu

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
Asura master race

Ambi
Dec 30, 2011

Leave it to me

drat son, what are those pink dyes?

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Yeah probably, might be red with weird sweetfx settings though.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Ambi posted:

drat son, what are those pink dyes?

Mainly Mulberry, but Fuschia, Heather and Persephone are in there too. The gloves have Enameled Amane... Anamne... Anmen...

The gloves are pink too.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Mainly Mulberry, but Fuschia, Heather and Persephone are in there too. The gloves have Enameled Amane... Anamne... Anmen...

anime

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Hey does sweetfx help with framerate? Gw2 always takes up all my processees and is a very fat program. I still have a radeon 7200 or whatever graphics card that was decent and cheap 5 years ago. I really need to upgrade.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

Gw2 always takes up all my processees and is a very fat program

I'm genuinely curious what this sentence actually means, in a technical sense.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

it means you're still playing

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Adhesive Gamin posted:

it means you're still playing

:drat:

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

I assume he just means it's a resource hog, or "eats" whatever the computer has available.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

AzureSkye posted:

I assume he just means it's a resource hog, or "eats" whatever the computer has available.

Gw2 isn't at all though, so I'm curious what he meant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Gw2 isn't at all though, so I'm curious what he meant.

It eats up over 60% of my processing power. I have a quad core i5, one of the series that got released I think 2 years ago. Also my graphics card is kinda poo poo now and needs replaced, but man I can't have a load of Chrome tabs and gw2 running without it running like poo poo.

I'm sure my graphics settings are hosed up somewhere though.

• Locked thread