Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

the first episode of minecraft story mode is up on vessel and the concept is powerful and I'm ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

Ruggington posted:

the first episode of minecraft story mode is up on vessel and the concept is powerful and I'm ready

Prepare to be disappointed

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I really enjoyed some of Telltale's previous releases, but I couldn't get more than a few minutes into their Minecraft game. I'm perfectly fine with kid-friendly media like Nintendo/Pixar's output or whatever, and quite liked minecraft itself back when I played during the beta, but Story Mode seemed pretty explicitly geared towards children and nobody else.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
kind of baffling they're doing minecraft and not tales from the borderland, an actual good games

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It'll happen eventually

mark my words

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
By all reviews, the minecraft is decent and not horrible. Not sure what you were expecting.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

By all reviews, the minecraft is decent and not horrible. Not sure what you were expecting.

Glass him

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cue montage of somebody making a giant Goku out of glass.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

In minecraft terms this means burying him in sand and then lighting him on fire so y'know what that's acceptable I'll take it.

edit: In DXHR, those lights are 100% a way forward, by the way. You have to crouch jump on them, which Pat for some reason did not think of doing despite doing it twice less than 2 minutes earlier.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Mar 9, 2016

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
https://twitter.com/2BFLiam/status/707585656629927937

sad :(

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

this is gonna get liam into summer lesson

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

That minecraft video is... woof.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Blockhouse posted:

kind of baffling they're doing minecraft and not tales from the borderland, an actual good games

Honestly, because it's good. Tales from the Borderlands is pretty terrible game to LP because it can 100% speak for itself and additional commentary isn't necessary.

Minecraft, however, needs conductors for the trainwreck. :getin:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
the fact that the title card for the minecraft video is a burning trashdump is getting me super hype, ugh two days cant fly by fast enough.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah but the conductors aren't very interested in doing this either, which doesn't make me very interested in watching this

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah that first episode wasn't particularly much in the way of fun stuff

Like if they have Telltale fatigue they should try playing Tales from the Borderlands not this loving mess that they're gonna burn out on quickly

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm guessing they'll just die way harder than they died during the Naruto LP, get in the bad zone and poo poo.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Yeah but the conductors aren't very interested in doing this either, which doesn't make me very interested in watching this

It is honestly probably the single worst thing I've seen on the channel. Dangan Child Molester at least was funny in seeing how much they could squirm. This is just loving grating.

Baal posted:

Like if they have Telltale fatigue they should try playing Tales from the Borderlands not this loving mess that they're gonna burn out on quickly

Or, you know, stop doing them at all or at least get Matt to freestyle poo poo on them like the end of GoT.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Like maybe I'm exaggerating a bit but... woof.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean it's not as big of a deal as Ultra Despair Girls, but this LP's heading nowhere fast and I could see it becoming more boring than outright awful.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I feel like maybe they know how bad it is and that's the real reason for the dumpster fire logo, like "this LP doesn't even deserve a custom intro"

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

I feel like maybe they know how bad it is and that's the real reason for the dumpster fire logo, like "this LP doesn't even deserve a custom intro"

The long awaited Nuzlocke 2 has arrived

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The upside is it's a children's game by telltale and thus not long

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Rodyle posted:

The upside is it's a children's game by telltale and thus not long

They made it seem like they recorded it all in one go. So yeah, probably like 8-10 episodes.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Did any Metal Slug game ever get made like it wasn't on an arcade machine? More than one hit kills, no lives system, etc.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

Did any Metal Slug game ever get made like it wasn't on an arcade machine? More than one hit kills, no lives system, etc.

Metal Slug on GBA has a life bar, iirc.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

RareAcumen posted:

All the numbered games (1 through 7 plus X and XX) are arcade-style games but the earlier handheld games (the two Neo-Geo Pocket games, the GBA game) have lifebars and non-linear elements.

There's also a 3D Metal Slug game for PS2 that was only released in Japan and bought by noone.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Isn't it also dubbed in English though? So you could theoretically play it as a lovely Game Done Slow one day.
Also I think starting from Metal Slug 6 you can pick Ralf who gets two hitpoints before he dies.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I think the main gimmick of the minecraft storymode is that the 2nd episode plays completely differently depending on your choice in the 1st episode.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Tae posted:

I think the main gimmick of the minecraft storymode is that the 2nd episode plays completely differently depending on your choice in the 1st episode.

No, the main gimmick is that it has "minecraft" in its name.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
This is not the Telltale game I wanted them to do a playthrough of, goddammit

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Tae posted:

Pat is really being dumb. Signing a deal with a shoe company is easily worth 10 times more than most player's salary.

He also apparently thinks Aretha Franklin is dead so there's a lot of things he doesn't know in that LP. :shrug:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Tae posted:

In a Telltale game? I don't believe it.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CJacobs posted:

This is not the Telltale game I wanted them to do a playthrough of, goddammit

We'll get borderlands. Someday.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Woolie don't know poo poo about 2012 Syndicate, poo poo was better than Payday but died because of Origin.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Syndicate loving sucked, don't believe the Gerst Man's lies.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Matt "Power Break:" McMuscles

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rodyle posted:

Syndicate loving sucked, don't believe the Gerst Man's lies.

Yes, the original DOS Syndicate does suck. :smug:

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Angry_Ed posted:

Yes, the original DOS Syndicate does suck. :smug:

You might even say it DOS suck. :mmmsmug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Syndicate 2012 has a mediocre campaign and a loving excellent co-op campaign that blows most 4 player co-op FPSes out of the water.

And an ad campaign that aggressively aped Deus Ex HR.