Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Mr. Peepers posted:

Milk posts aren't wholly bad, just skim through the pages and they'll be pasteurize in no time.

Boo this man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Mr. Peepers posted:

Milk posts aren't wholly bad, just skim through the pages and they'll be pasteurize in no time.

Whey did you do this?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Thread got Gouda again.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Mr. Peepers posted:

I only read about 2% of them anyway. Just look for those with replies and you'll see the cream rise to the top.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Milk.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
The funny milk and food joke.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

This is getting whey out of control.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Not to interrupt Malkchat, but is there anything to SuperTuesday 2: 2sday being Trump's "waterloo", or is it all just more GOP desperation via political columnists?

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

There's really no need to get sour about it. Half and half politics and food chat is really pretty good for these threads.

Though personally I wouldn't mind seeing more heavy topics discussed.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Meg From Family Guy posted:

The funny milk and food joke.

Stop being so intolerant.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
shut the gently caress up. milk pun.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

re: peanuts from a while back

Heard a report on NPR that exposing infants to peanuts actually reduces the incidence of peanut allergies by 80%.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-35727244

Note: Obviously this is different from rubbing bacteria all over your children, since it's a food allergy.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Not to interrupt Malkchat, but is there anything to SuperTuesday 2: 2sday being Trump's "waterloo", or is it all just more GOP desperation via political columnists?

More GOP desperation. The map is at this point stacked against the not-trumps and the hopes of convention shenanigans gets smaller with each state that falls to Trump. They want to be able to beat him in Ohio and Florida but he's going to win FL and is probably leading in OH too. He's been telling the press that he can seal the nomination if he wins those states to knock out Rufio and Kasich, which means he's been telling his spite-filled slit trench of a support base that they can get another poke in at the " establishment."

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Heard a report on NPR that exposing infants to peanuts actually reduces the incidence of peanut allergies by 80%.

Note: Obviously this is different from rubbing bacteria all over your children, since it's a food allergy.

Peanut allergy: immune system being dumb.

Food poisoning: immune system working as intended expelling all the poo poo you fed it.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Koirhor posted:

What I have learned today is 100 years from now tobacco will be hailed to cure all sorta of illness.

Besides apparent death, (!) shotgunning giant pipe hits of tobacco into a patients rear end using a bellows was a treatment for various digestive complaints as well as drowsiness.

moller fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Mar 10, 2016

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
People just keep churning out milk puns. Its udderly distasteful.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

:stonk:

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

KirbyKhan posted:

No you're too late for dairy jokes we've moved on to literally blowing smoke up asses

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
But what about goat milk? Can that be raw?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Broken Box posted:

No you're too late for dairy jokes we've moved on to literally blowing smoke up asses

Smokes for pansies. Real party goers use HF.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Koirhor posted:

What I have learned today is 100 years from now tobacco will be hailed to cure all sorta of illness.

Execute all retards let humanity move forward

Tobacco was already being claimed as a cure-all about half a century ago, but you're right that we're due for it to be in vogue again as a panacea.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

moller posted:

l complaints as well as drowsiness.

If that won't wake you up I dunno what will

McAlister
Nov 3, 2002

by exmarx

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

I'm not saying this to argue, because, like most Bernie supporters in here I think, I'd be perfectly fine with Hillary in the White House too, but isn't she even less likely to bring about nationalized health care? Not that anyone would expect her to make it a plank, since, contrary to the belief of 2008 voters, presidents are not actually endowed with magic wands upon inauguration, but it's interesting to me how we prioritize in our hearts vs. how we prioritize in the voting booth. Being a leftist in America always means compromising on a presidential candidate, but do you think Hillary's healthcare plan is better or more achievable, or is it just that she's strong enough on other issues that you'll take the loss on healthcare?

I'm falling to far behind to keep this conversation going .. so this will probably be my last post for awhile. And I do see this as a conversation, not an argument.

I think Hillary's is both better and more achievable. Although the latter strongly influences the former for me.

She is taking a two pronged approach. At the state level she is putting the screws on folks who refused the Medicaid expansion. Her campaign is very focused on local messaging in each state and if you just look at the national coverage you miss the regional messaging but her local adds and speeches in states that refused Medicaid expansion call out the governor's who did so. When Medicaid was passed originally it took 17 years before all the states accepted it. People grand stood and pitched fits but denying health care to your citizens that everyone else was getting was a losing strategy electorally. Expansion is thus feasible and would bring tangible benefits to millions of Americans. Pushing it also might help a lot in down ticket races in GOP held states.

Side note: Bel Edwards accepted Medicaid expansion in Louisiana this January =). 19 states to go. ~3.5 million expansion eligible people between them.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/01/john_bel_edwards_medicaid.html

At the federal level she is pushing improvements to the ACA and a public option.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/health-care/

A lot of that is unlikely to pass but I really like the plan to do public service announcements and outreach to get an estimated 16 million signed up who don't appear to realize that they are now Medicaid eligible due to the ACA. To bad GOP controlled congress, these laws are already passed! Muahahaha! It's just helping people to claim their benefits. That said, if you know someone for whom ACA subsidies are not enough, ask them if they've checked to see if they are Medicaid eligible under the ACA.

It's not full NHS now. But coming up with a realistic path to getting almost 20 million people Medicaid benefits isn't nothing. There are only about 33 million uninsured left so that would be tremendous progress.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/33-million-americans-still-dont-have-health-insurance/

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

KirbyKhan posted:

C'mon you can do butter than this

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

what the literal poo poo

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

what the literal poo poo

Decalcified poo poo!

Really this article has seen the rounds in the various safety, medical, and science threads. Exactly what it sounds like.

HF is the acid that loves calcium so much it'll pretty much suck it right out of the bone.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Fluoridated butthole, so what *blood diarrhea*

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

:dogbutton:

How the everloving gently caress does a person have access to HF and not know how horribly dangerous it is?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Stultus Maximus posted:

:dogbutton:

How the everloving gently caress does a person have access to HF and not know how horribly dangerous it is?

cocaine is a helluva drug

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Still, rub bacteria all over your children.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
I'm a buck-toothed Englishman so I apologise for not knowing this, but could someone explain how your Senate works? I get that the House of Representatives is like our House of Commons, with candidates standing for their party across the 400-ish constituencies grouped by population, and when we say the Republicans control the House that means they have a majority of the seats. But I thought the Senate always had 100 senators, one from each party for each state, so what does it mean for the Senate to be "Republican-controlled"?

Pretty much my entire understanding of the US political system comes from House of Cards. It's still pretty weird to me that you can have the Democrat party running the country but be constantly hosed by the Republican-controlled House, although in retrospect I now wish we had something like that.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The 2 senators from each state don't have to be from different parties (they usually are both from the same).

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

His Divine Shadow posted:

Raw milk is dumb, but this is not too far from the mark- http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/02/01/464905786/researchers-test-microbe-wipe-to-promote-babies-health-after-c-sections

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Boing posted:

I'm a buck-toothed Englishman so I apologise for not knowing this, but could someone explain how your Senate works? I get that the House of Representatives is like our House of Commons, with candidates standing for their party across the 400-ish constituencies grouped by population, and when we say the Republicans control the House that means they have a majority of the seats. But I thought the Senate always had 100 senators, one from each party for each state, so what does it mean for the Senate to be "Republican-controlled"?

Pretty much my entire understanding of the US political system comes from House of Cards. It's still pretty weird to me that you can have the Democrat party running the country but be constantly hosed by the Republican-controlled House, although in retrospect I now wish we had something like that.

It's not one from each party, they're elected at large by each state so states with large proportions of rurals will elect two republican senators while states with more people living in civilized areas tend to elect two Democrats.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

They'll find bacteria

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
Oh, I don't know where I got that idea. It made sense in my head. Thanks!

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
The Vice President would probably be considerably busier breaking up ties if that were the case.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Boing posted:

House races are a district level race every 2 years whereas senate races are state level races every 6 years (offsetting). As such, you can, and often do, get both senators from the same party. Most of the time when there's a split, it's because of demographic changes between the election of the senators.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Boing posted:

Oh, I don't know where I got that idea. It made sense in my head. Thanks!

Because the idea that republicans control the senate while representing a bunch of empty land is completely insane.

But true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Haha. Rub? They'll discover bacteria all on their own.

• Locked thread