Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

quote:

In this picture I am very sick in the Hospital with Twilight Sparkle as the doctor as an Anthro pony and Misty is the Nurse. I am sick with Hemolytic Anemia with a Hemoglobin of 7.3 g/dl and my Unconjugated bilirubin is 2.6 mg/dl in this picture, So I am getting a transfusion of Blood to help with this which you can see from the IV bag and the Cannula going into my arm, As well I am getting Crystal treatment for the added healing power with Crystal IV in my hand which is causing my fingers to grow very long and boney with large prominant joints. I am Crying because I am sick and I do not want my fingers to grow more. As well there is EKG leads on my cheast hooked up to the Monitor to show my heart rate. And Nurse Misty and Doctor Twilight Sparkle are watching me during the Procedure. Well, I hope you like this pic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I wonder whatever happened with the crystal hands guy. His newest post on deviantart is from last december, so he's still alive, but it had nothing to do with either crystals or his secret asexual marfan's syndrome crush.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Marfan's crush died, he lost interest.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

The only thing I know about eyeshield 21 is that there's a gif of a dude in it shooting an m16 in the air in celebration on the field

Whoa hold on. Captain Invictus, ambassador of anime and professional undertaleposter, has not read Eyeshield 21?

You go do that right the gently caress now and don't come back until you're done!

(This is where I would insert all the bad fanart of it, if I'd found any. :negative: Have this instead)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Amppelix posted:

(This is where I would insert all the bad fanart of it, if I'd found any. :negative: )

Use the anime

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Mr. Squishy posted:

Marfan's crush died, he lost interest.

If this is true, it's pretty sad.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Amppelix posted:

Whoa hold on. Captain Invictus, ambassador of anime and professional undertaleposter, has not read Eyeshield 21?

You go do that right the gently caress now and don't come back until you're done!
I don't do sports anime/manga

I tried Chihayafuru and could not stand the dumb card game

I know Yusuke Murata drew it but I get bored to tears from sports series, closest I've enjoyed was Teppu, and that was MMA so basically just shonen fightmans(fightwomans)

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

The only thing I know about eyeshield 21 is that there's a gif of a dude in it shooting an m16 in the air in celebration on the field

Did you forget the part where they mention black people are better than japanese people at football and ADTRW got real mad because that's a racism.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

dipple posted:

Did you forget the part where they mention black people are better than japanese people at football and ADTRW got real mad because that's a racism.

The author's reasoning was black people have superior muscles and therefore they can be better at football. It's basically :biotruths: and really bad and dumb.

Anyway whoever said they couldn't find Eyeshield 21 fanart barely tried because it did not take long to find stuff

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Let's actually expand a bit on why this is dumb.

Africa has the most genetic diversity on earth. I am more closely related to Murata than two black people from opposite sides of Africa might be. Black identity in America is made up of random samples from all over Africa stripped of their historical identity and mixed together with other populations (natives, whites, etc).

You could maybe make statements like x tribe from x country tends to produce excellent long distance runners. That's rarely what gets said though. It's always weird poo poo like the ANIMAL POWER of the BLACK MAN IS UNRIVALED!

7c Nickel has a new favorite as of 16:47 on Mar 10, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, Eyeshield 21 had some unfortunate things in it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I did not know it was a basketball comic.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

cram me sideways posted:

watched this while listening to once in a lifetime by the talking heads and it works

it works
First time I saw it it was set to Take on Me

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Captain Invictus posted:

I don't do sports anime/manga

I tried Chihayafuru and could not stand the dumb card game

I know Yusuke Murata drew it but I get bored to tears from sports series, closest I've enjoyed was Teppu, and that was MMA so basically just shonen fightmans(fightwomans)

Are you telling me you've never seen Ping Pong? Perhaps the greatest anime of all time?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't actually watch much anime. I mostly read manga, because I can read it on my phone while also working. I think the last anime I actually watched to completion was The Eccentric Family.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I'd prefer to see NSFW content flagged appropriately as a general courtesy! v:shobon:v

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

7c Nickel posted:

Let's actually expand a bit on why this is dumb.

Africa has the most genetic diversity on earth. I am more closely related to Murata than two black people from opposite sides of Africa might be. Black identity in America is made up of random samples from all over Africa stripped of their historical identity and mixed together with other populations (natives, whites, etc).

You could maybe make statements like x tribe from x country tends to produce excellent long distance runners. That's rarely what gets said though. It's always weird poo poo like the ANIMAL POWER of the BLACK MAN IS UNRIVALED!

At least the drawing itself isn't crazy racist. Like the guy doesn't have hemorrhoid donut lips like Mr. Popo. Baby steps.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
The problems with Eyeshield 21 basically don't come from Murata at all but rather the writer for it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Murata's pretty good about that sort of thing from what I've seen of his stuff. He's one of the best manga/comic artists in the world, too.

Have some loving rad as gently caress Melodysheep tribute videos. These two always get me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE1HDSipRxU&hd=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2e_M06YDyY&hd=1

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://goo.gl/eNzZ6C

Here's a hashtag dedicated to recreating video games covers with stock art.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh, finally the Japanese version of this meme. This is pretty great!
Their stock assets seem to work better for some reason?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

HGH posted:

Oh, finally the Japanese version of this meme. This is pretty great!
Their stock assets seem to work better for some reason?

I think a lot of it might be drawn by one person?

The stock art selection, I mean.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The art is taken from this website.

http://www.irasutoya.com

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I'm the purple lips and nips

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

A person strongly disappointed in the designs of the last Silent Hill games was challenged to come up with different Silent Hills with different themes and monsters, with the caveat that there should be a Pyramid Head expy and a monster with tits. Someone else expanded on their ideas and made these:

quote:

The sole survivor of a wealthy and horribly corrupt, racist family. Not a bad person themselves, but guilty of hiding proof of their family’s deeds. Their Silent Hill is a mockery of upper class excess. Hideous gold trim and gaudy crystal poo poo everywhere. Winding marble architecture.
Pyramid Head expy: crap, crap, Evil Within already has a monster with a safe for a head. Uhhh…crap. Okay. How about a strangely proportioned figure dressed up in a fancy suit, and they’ve got an awful bird-like head. I don’t know why but I feel like bird monsters go well with a rich rear end in a top hat theme.
Nurse expy: drawing from what I just said…harpy maids!

quote:

Our protag, Alexis Hawksmoore, has arrived in Silent Hill in search of the estate her father had apparently purchased there without anyone’s knowledge shortly before passing away. The mansion appears to be at least the size of the rest of the town, and the town itself becomes more and more squalid as it moves away from the mansion, eventually devolving into mud and crude hovels
Alexis has a mostly suppressed ornithophobia, was disgusted with her families greed, opulent and corrupt lifestyle and abuse of power, and secretly fears that she is just like them inside
Silent Hill: Gilded Cage

Mourning Dove - the “Pyramid Head” expy, Alexis originally misinterprets it as a metaphor for her father, but comes to realize it’s actually a manifestation of her brother, who was a compulsive spender and died in prison after being caught embezzling from someone richer. It moves in a disturbingly birdlike manner, bobbing it’s head as it walks, preening, perching on railings and statues. It hoards shiny objects, even those with no value, and it’s room in the mansion is a bower bird-like nest of golden trinkets. the twitching vent on it’s chest appears to be how it breaths, and periodically spews gouts of blood

Bratling- a metaphor for how Alexis feels about her and her siblings childhoods, spoiled and helpless, completely dependent on their parent’s wealth. the size of a large person, bratlings will clumsily attempt to swallow you whole. nearly immobile, though you would sometimes encounter then en masse in large nurseries or in groups of other, faster enemies

Scavenger- manifestations of greedy relatives and business partners who devoured the families wealth after her father passed. usually they would appear preoccupied literally devouring the mansion like a bloated corpse, though their attention would turn towards you one your health got low enough

Harpy Maid- look I know this was supposed to be the “sexy one” but I decided to base it on a sort of role-reversal of those puppets people use with baby birds so they imprint on their own kind, as a metaphor for how Alexis was raised more by nannies and paid caretakers than her actual parents. They are often seen doing chores around the mansion until they see you and attack

Flamboyant- the real “sexy one” based on Alexis’s past boyfriends and suitors who had good looks but not much else and were mostly just after her family’s money. they pose on pedestals like modern art then go into an elaborate, strutting mating dance

Mirror Mirror- All the mirrors and reflective surfaces in Silent Hill show Alexis as birdlike in some way, either with a bird head or as an actual bird, reflecting (haha) how she is just like the rest of her family inside. that would culminate in this miniboss, a double-sided mirror that would chase you through the halls attempting to pull you inside. If it succeeds, it falls tho the ground, releasing a single pigeon while its shattered pieces reflect Alexis as if she is lying on top of them

Can of Worms- manifestation of the Hawksmoore’s rotten core under a golden facade, as well as corruption and bribery that put them above the law. would blend in with other suits of armor around the mansion, as well as being one of those enemies that splits into smaller pieces as it takes damage

Glimmer- gangly beast that would dwell in the huge canopy of chandeliers that would fill parts of the mansion, attempting to attack from above, or even occasionally leaping down for a one hit kill before awkwardly struggling to get back up to its perch if it misses

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Wanamingo posted:

I'm the purple lips and nips

I know who the robot is, but I really feel like I recognise the character on the right from somewhere. A video game I think?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

paradoxGentleman posted:

Silent Hill: Gilded Cage

This looks really cool and now I'm kind of sad that this game isn't real.

Edit: you said they were challenged to come up with multiple silent Hill concepts, do any of the other concepts have art?

Space Cadet Omoly has a new favorite as of 16:18 on Mar 12, 2016

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

There are a couple more.

quote:

Someone who commited murder while still only a small child who barely knew better. Their Silent Hill is a cartoonish playground where nothing is consistent in size.
Pyramid Head expy: a woman in a dress with impossibly long legs. In fact, every appearance would be shot so you never see this being above the waist - like a looming “adult” - but she’ll suck you into the air if she gets close enough.
Nurse expy: let’s go with headless barbie doll things, like they have that weird plastic knob a barbie’s head attaches to. They wouldn’t move like people, but like scurrying cockroaches on their backs.”

Silent Hill: Playground.
the protagonist is Jerome Piedmont, who killed his mother with his father’s hand gun when he was only 8, now eighteen and finally spat out of the legal system to live with distant relatives who happen to live in Silent Hill
Jerome has spent the majority of his life trapped in the justice system and has developed a tough and aggressive exterior, though his silent hill reflects a deep longing for the childhood he never had a chance to experience

Plastic Babe- Jerome never felt any real attraction to women, or anyone really, so his “sexy” enemies lack any real sexual characteristics. they vary in size, ranging from doll-size to human-size, and changing strangely as they move nearer, appearing larger from a distance or vice versa. they can cling to walls and move in a generally insect like manner. the boobs are the “eyes”

People Eater-formed from Jerome’s fuzzy recollection of children’s TV shows. very aggressively attempts to shove him in its chest orifice while singing nonsensical rhyming gibberish in endless loops. When killed with a sharp object, their “skin” splits open to reveal two headless humanoid bodies, each with one arm and one leg

Hermit- found in the same areas as the People Eater. alternates between making realistic obscure animal noised and flatly stating onamonapia like “honk” and “woosh”. the “legs” appear immaterial and dissapear when defeated, the “body falling to the ground, empty

Imagination- representation of the time Jerome was forced to spend in solitary confinement, alone with his thoughts.

Little Trike- appear to be mundane tricycles near the beginning of the game, albeit moving around on their own. as the game progresses they appear to… melt more and more

Sock Monkey- inhabit the expansive jungle gyms and monkey bars that cover the outsides of many of the town’s buildings. deceptively acrobatic, though fairly sluggish. they do not attack unless you enter their “territory”, which unfortunately you would have to climb to reach certain areas

Larva- based on those creepy blinking babydolls with the soft bodies and plastic limbs. you know the ones. something squirms beneath their fabric skin, a representation of the way Jerome feels trapped between childhood and adulthood. slow but powerful, and that stinger dose disturbing things to you if it hits

False Child- a common enemy, representing the way Jerome grew to feel about other people his age as well as all children. Their heads and clothing vary.

Lost Fossil- based on those old inaccurate rubber toy dinosaurs, specifically one that Jerome lost and never found. It would be a boss or miniboss of a sandbox larger than a football field and full of half buried buildings, vehicles, ect. also its HUGE, the size of a real t-rex

Madam- like bog said, you never see its face, but appears to be searching for you, calling Jerome’s name in a distorted, whale song-like voice, growing more frantic as the game progresses. also the “dress” would become increasingly fleshy, clinging to her legs. She’s not a direct representation of Jerome’s mother (she was black), but a manifestation of the more stereotyped idea of a mother, hence why she resembles a 50′s housewife (from the waist down, anyway)

Here's the artist's Tumblr if it interests you:
http://bonelessnerd.tumblr.com/

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

What the gently caress is an expy?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Krinkle posted:

A character that is clearly meant to represent another character, usually used for purposes of copyright sidestepping or parody. You know Drawn Together? The superhero is a Superman expy.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Krinkle posted:

TvTropes is the first hit.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Don't teach me tv tropes words jesus christ.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Krinkle posted:

New thread title.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Krinkle posted:

You accusin' Jesus of bein' a troper, son?

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~

paradoxGentleman posted:

A person strongly disappointed in the designs of the last Silent Hill games was challenged to come up with different Silent Hills with different themes and monsters.

paradoxGentleman posted:

There are a couple more.

I really enjoyed both of these and would play either of these games.

I've always liked/been terrified of the Silent Hill games. I was really into them around the time I was also really into Onimusha 1/2. Always thought a Silent Hill-style game combined with aspects of old Japanese horror stories would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
gently caress it, give us a video game re-telling of Uzumaki.

• Locked thread