Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
that feeling when you activate ur glutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
My goal is to be able to crack walnuts in my rear end crack.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the number of scrawny rear end highschoolers in gym tanks is becoming concerning

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Chinatown posted:

the number of scrawny rear end highschoolers in gym tanks is becoming concerning

Every spring there's a HS boys' rush, tank tops and arm-day-err-day. There's always at least one who figures poo poo out and Makes It. The amount of mass a teenager can gain in a year is pretty surprising. Good for him but gently caress him at the same time ha ha.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

Grimey Drawer
Post yur lunch:

Shrimp scampi, avocado, and some salad. Good stuff.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Post yur gains killin' cardio:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
shoulda done what i do and go until 420 or some other good number for calories burned. 69, 420, and 666 are my targets usually if im on a machine

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Chinatown posted:

Cotton tank tops are the best gym clothes, especially if they're starting to fray around the shoulder straps.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Chinatown posted:

shoulda done what i do and go until 420 or some other good number for calories burned. 69, 420, and 666 are my targets usually if im on a machine

It was tucked into pocket, I couldn't see it. I just used the voice for progress/pace information and e-statting.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Zahgaegun posted:

Post yur gains killin' cardio:

Snatches, power cleans, and high rep squats?

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

thanks lads :yum:

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
Definitely activated the glutes tonight, like they got shot or something. 235 was so easy on Monday, what the gently caress, 240?

Also added flies and curls to the end of the SL workout, because why not?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I did legs two days ago and my calf muscles feel like two bags of milk and pain.

The Revenant
Feb 2, 2016

by Lowtax
I squat but I don't go low. I only go down an inch to puss off goons

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I swear to god.

And yes, the 2.5s are outside the collars

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

After a layoff due to injury I got back in the gym a few months ago and just today pulled 5 plates conventional for a PR. The old guy next to me also deadlifting complimented my form.

My form was terrible imo I'm gonna have to redo it next week.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Chinatown posted:

I swear to god.

Aww, that's adorable

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Chinatown posted:

I swear to god.

I'm not gonna mock someone for using light weights but I am curious as to what they were even doing with that; plus the obvious weird decisions with the plates.

On another note: Today I officially curled in the squat rack. Can I have my gains now?

There was already someone using the only curl bar and at like 10 AM there was literally me and two other people in the gym entirely.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

The Revenant posted:

to puss off goons

Fruedian Slip?

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude

Chinatown posted:

I swear to god.

Why do they even make 2.5s... That is the real question.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Uxzuigal posted:

Why do they even make 2.5s... That is the real question.

Because going up in increments of 10 is really hard? I own a pair of 1.25's.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Perfectly reasonable for OHP and poo poo like that.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

After a layoff due to injury I got back in the gym a few months ago and just today pulled 5 plates conventional for a PR. The old guy next to me also deadlifting complimented my form.

My form was terrible imo I'm gonna have to redo it next week.

Very nice. So which side did you put the fifth plate on? Usually I try to go for an even number so both sides have the same number of plates.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

bamhand posted:

lol if you don't go up in increments of 45

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

notZaar posted:

Very nice. So which side did you put the fifth plate on? Usually I try to go for an even number so both sides have the same number of plates.

I keep the odd plate on my penis. Tight fit but secure.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
surely they are kilos

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Gonna blast my rear end hard tonight.:smug:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
and so. the cutting begins...

*loud, deep, mournful sigh*

ur evolving soon
Mar 8, 2016

by Lowtax
if u take anavar u will not have to cut u nerd LOL

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude

bamhand posted:

Kilos I could argue that going up 10s can be hard for some, but in pounds, I really struggle to see it. And I've been wrecked in my health. There were drug addicted crack whores in better shape than me.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Are you saying a normal human being can just go up 10 pounds on overhead press every time they increase their weight?

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
my girlfriends bar doesn't even look like that when shes warming up her snatch HEYOOOO

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

im just going to say it. overhead press is pretty weak as a "main movement". do some push presses and rep out some OHP afterwards

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

if you can do a lot of weight with OHP it's probably fine but there's probably a better way to increase the size and strength of those muscles than spending 50% of your training time squirming around under 95lbs #startingstrength

The Revenant
Feb 2, 2016

by Lowtax

bamhand posted:

Are you saying a normal human being can just go up 10 pounds on overhead press every time they increase their weight?

Actually he's saying they can go up by 20 lbs. 10 on each side, OP.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Chinatown posted:

I swear to god.

Couldn't he just use a pair of 25s?

Smdh.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Chinatown posted:

I swear to god.

Big deal I saw some dude squatting a 10 lb bar at planet fatness today.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

But what were you doing at a planet fatness?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

My Q-Face posted:

But what were you doing at a planet fatness?

Power lifting. Fatly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

It's $20/month for effectively 2 memberships. Girlfriend comes as a guest every time. No good gym can compete with that. This is a contributing factor in deciding to build a wooden squat rack, though.

• Locked thread