Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

moller posted:

Besides apparent death, (!) shotgunning giant pipe hits of tobacco into a patients rear end using a bellows was a treatment for various digestive complaints as well as drowsiness.
This is a good post for USPOL because the guy on the left is literally blowing smoke up someone's rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

His Divine Shadow posted:

Still, rub bacteria all over your children.

Nature's way ahead of you crunchy mom.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

White dude sucker punches black protester at Trump rally. Guess who the police jump on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoA_mjVrvs4

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Boing posted:

Oh, I don't know where I got that idea. It made sense in my head. Thanks!

The far-back basics are that when we were founded the little states were afraid that the big ones would dominate them in a population-based legislature and wouldn't go for it; and the big states didn't want their politics dominated by little shits who had a tenth of their size, so they didn't want equal representation. So as a compromise they said gently caress It, put both into place so everyone would be equally unhappy with the outcome and left it at that.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Right in front of the cops. What the helllllllllllllllllllll

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

There is no racial problem with police enforcement how can you possibly say that?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

blue squares posted:

Now now, you can plainly see the offender jump and headbutt the Patriot's fists that he was holding up to defend himself.

I hope the US realizes the world is seeing this.
And laughing.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
When Trump loses there will be riots and there will be nobody to contain them because the police will be among the rioters.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sorus posted:

When Trump loses there will be riots and there will be nobody to contain them because the police will be among the rioters.

May you live in interesting times.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Holy poo poo, #TrumpDeathRally is going to be completely irony free.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
You know eventually it will become a ritual.
At the start of each rally, they will perp walk a non-white or the tannest white guy (next to Donald for it is he) and everyone takes punches.

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

I clicked hoping that there was some kind of a scuffle, a single punch thrown back, anything to give the cops the barest fig leaf to arrest the black guy. Nooooooope, just good ol' boys arresting the troublemakers round those parts. Can I Arzy yet?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Tempest_56 posted:

The far-back basics are that when we were founded the little states were afraid that the big ones would dominate them in a population-based legislature and wouldn't go for it; and the big states didn't want their politics dominated by little shits who had a tenth of their size, so they didn't want equal representation. So as a compromise they said gently caress It, put both into place so everyone would be equally unhappy with the outcome and left it at that.

And then most states cargo-culted the bicameral system for their own governments because it's The American Way

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I've been pouring through some zoomed-out shots of Trump rallies. In terms of diversity in attendance, there can reliably be an Asian attendee or two. I haven't found an African American man or woman who was not a speaker or one of the security guards.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

blue squares posted:

They had to subdue that gentleman before he hulked out and destroyed the building.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Munkeymon posted:

And then most states cargo-culted the bicameral system for their own governments because it's The American Way

All 50 states "cargo culted" the bicameral system.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

zoux posted:

All 50 states "cargo culted" the bicameral system.

Nah, one of the weird states has a unicameral legislature. Nebraska or Idaho or some poo poo.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ReidRansom posted:

Nah, one of the weird states has a unicameral legislature. Nebraska or Idaho or some poo poo.

It's NE and they had a bicameral legislature before they went unicameral to save money during the Depression.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

zoux posted:

It's NE and they had a bicameral legislature before they went unicameral to save money during the Depression.

Ah I see. Did not know that. Just assumed they were trying to be different.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mr. Peepers posted:

Milk posts aren't wholly bad, just skim through the pages and they'll be pasteurize in no time.

https://twitter.com/Morning_Joe/status/707933242884640768

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

NONONONONONONONONONO

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

zoux posted:

Welp there goes me thinking NE was just slightly better set up from the beginning.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Sooner or later, someone is going to die at one of these things.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

The Republicans can't figure out a way to prevent this guy from being their nominee. They literally can't stop him from stealing their party from them. Amazing.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Boing posted:

Pretty much my entire understanding of the US political system comes from House of Cards.

Jesus. This is true for a lot of people in China BTW. Does The West Wing broadcast there as well? Its unrealistic as hell, but at least its not a soap opera.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Of course the guy is wearing a cowboy hat.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

The Republicans can't figure out a way to prevent this guy from being their nominee. They literally can't stop him from stealing their party from them. Amazing.

Yeah it rules.

Shageletic posted:

Jesus. This is true for a lot of people in China BTW. Does The West Wing broadcast there as well? Its unrealistic as hell, but at least its not a soap opera.

Everything I know about the British parliamentary system comes from Yes Minister and In the Loop.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

They obviously did it for the safety of the people in attendance because everyone knows a young, black male have a tendency to "Hulk out" when made angry.

I have seen one (uno [1]) black trump supporter in real life.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

I parsed 'dude sucker' very differently there :stonk:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

zoux posted:

Yeah it rules.

Everything I know about the British parliamentary system comes from Yes Minister and In the Loop.

Yes, Rahm Emanuel's first acting gig.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Well that sheriff just guaranteed his reelection.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Munkeymon posted:

Welp there goes me thinking NE was just slightly better set up from the beginning.

If it makes you feel better, it is more representative of acreage than constituents, otherwise fully half of the legislature would come from within ~50 miles of the Missouri river.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Well that sheriff just guaranteed his reelection.

How can you not recognize Yosemite Sam.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So am I the only one in this thread who doesn't pay for bad WaPo articles or are you all bypassing the paywall and that's why you keep linking their articles?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

So am I the only one in this thread who doesn't pay for bad WaPo articles or are you all bypassing the paywall and that's why you keep linking their articles?

Open all links in a Private Browsing/Incognito Mode window, problem solved.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Yeah, a lot of that gating gets done by fly-by-night coders who basically know what they're doing, although a buddy of mine was able to get into the javascript for one and change the variable to 99 because he wanted to read articles about his psycho ex

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah, Generally running Noscript on a page will allow you past any and all gating of articles.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

blue squares posted:

Your number one job in life after securing food, shelter, and water is to never and I mean NEVER step one foot into Fayetteville, NC

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

FAUXTON posted:

If it makes you feel better, it is more representative of acreage than constituents, otherwise fully half of the legislature would come from within ~50 miles of the Missouri river.

No, that's even worse!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Sorus posted:

Best argument I've ever seen for the second amendment. So we can protect our families from rogue cops and rabid hordes of white idiots.

• Locked thread