Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Eh, that coat looks fine.

Thanks to Bill, I got these:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Toast Museum posted:

Home furnishing continues. I just picked up a couple of these:

Link

My plan is to stain them a darkish grey and then whitewash everything but the drawers. I'm aiming for a final product along these lines:

Who makes those, they're pretty nice.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Pieced together from flea markets and our Craigslist equivalent, I went and got myself an early 90s Bang & Olufsen Scandinavian luxury stereo:

BeoMaster 7000 receiver
BeoCord 7000 tape deck
Beogram CD 7000 CD player
BeoVox Redline 60.2 speakers
BeoLink 1000 remote control

That black thing in front is a secondary amp for a second room, controlled by the main amp.

Total cost in the early 90s probably around $4000

I paid $75 for it all. And $3 for the Batman CD.

evobatman has a new favorite as of 21:06 on Mar 9, 2016

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Fayez Butts posted:

Who makes those, they're pretty nice.

A company called Antique Revival, apparently. They sell through a bunch of online retailers, but they don't seem to have much of an online presence themselves. If this is really their site, it's a little ... undercooked.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Primary Button is nice, but once you've seen Secondary Button... look out.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

evobatman posted:

Pieced together from flea markets and our Craigslist equivalent, I went and got myself an early 90s Bang & Olufsen Scandinavian luxury stereo:

BeoMaster 7000 receiver
BeoCord 7000 tape deck

That black thing in front is a secondary amp for a second room, controlled by the main amp.

But Sansui is really top of the line.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Heid the Ball posted:

New coat - M&S Ł103 (down from Ł130)

beefnoodle posted:

It just needs a fedora.

Content: Got one of these from work

I still love Blackberry as a company and try to support them, I just hope to god this one doesn't suck.

I'll probably never ever use the physical keyboard either, I wish they had two options to pick from, one slider one full-screen

Blue On Blue has a new favorite as of 04:33 on Mar 10, 2016

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

TotalLossBrain posted:

Eh, that coat looks fine.

Thanks to Bill, I got these:

If you want one remotely authentic looking that doesn't have a big (R) on it you can go to pretty much any pilot shop:

http://www.mypilotstore.com/MyPilotStore/sep/3233?gclid=CIu6m6CftcsCFY9hfgoduqwPlQ

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Rolo posted:

If you want one remotely authentic looking that doesn't have a big (R) on it you can go to pretty much any pilot shop:

http://www.mypilotstore.com/MyPilotStore/sep/3233?gclid=CIu6m6CftcsCFY9hfgoduqwPlQ

Dammit stop costing me money

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

TotalLossBrain posted:

Dammit stop costing me money

And of course you need something to go with it:

http://www.trade-a-plane.com/search?category_level1=Single+Engine+Piston&make=PIPER&model=CHEROKEE+140&s-type=aircraft

Rolo has a new favorite as of 05:31 on Mar 10, 2016

johnnyratbastard
Nov 9, 2012

Toast Museum posted:

My plan is to stain them a darkish grey and then whitewash everything but the drawers. I'm aiming for a final product along these lines:

This looks good. Post results pls.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Finally ordered a new mattress since the price just dropped by over $100

Replacing a 25-year-old spring mattress, hopefully I'll be able to adapt to memory foam...

Also,

since I pulled my RC car out of storage (big mistake, more spending incoming!) and unsurprisingly my batteries are all dead after 10+ years in storage.

Wifi Toilet has a new favorite as of 06:05 on Mar 10, 2016

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I love my memory foam mattress. It's a very different feel from a spring mattress, though. Very firm, yet giving. It's weird but I cannot sleep on anything else now.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Bagarthach posted:

a 25-year-old spring mattress

:stonk:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I'm using a memory foam topper on a mattress that I got off Craigslist from an old Asian woman, so it could very well be 25 years old too.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

I'm using a memory foam topper on a mattress that I got off Craigslist from an old Asian woman, so it could very well be 25 years old too.

:frogon:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Josh Lyman posted:

I have a memory foam that was a little too hard and so I put an old memory foam topper on and it's loving Goldilocks, maaan.

I go to sleep so fast every night.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

strangemusic posted:

But Sansui is really top of the line.

That's pretty much what my wife said.

Before I drained her blood, chopped her up and fed her to the cat.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Really good, holy poo poo

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

I have a memory foam that was a little too hard and so I put an old memory foam topper on and it's loving Goldilocks, maaan.

I go to sleep so fast every night.

I've always had sprung mattresses—and just got a new on last October that I love—but the first time I stayed over at my girlfriend's place I was in heaven. Memory foam mattress with pillow-top, and orthapaedic memory foam pillows. It was pretty much the comfiest thing I've ever experienced.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

evobatman posted:

BeoMaster 7000 receiver
BeoCord 7000 tape deck

Bargain of the loving century. I'm just a little bit jealous here...

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I really hope he bought it from an aged Patrick Bateman lookalike.

Goddamn B&O poo poo is so FUTURE looking.

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

Turned up today after ordering and forgetting about it...

And it works. Ł4 well spent.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

MA-Horus posted:

I really hope he bought it from an aged Patrick Bateman lookalike.

Goddamn B&O poo poo is so FUTURE looking.

Best bit is the CD tray on the CD player aaaaaaaaaaaand the fact the bit where you put the tape on the tape deck? THE WHOLE FRONT SLIDES OUT.

LUSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Heid the Ball
Nov 2, 2005
Gordon's ALIVE?!?!?
Coat update:

Still love it, but here's a picture of it how I normally would wear it (minus shop tags).

Been told I look like a farmer, which is kind of the point as its a jacket for walking the fields.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Heid the Ball posted:

its a jacket for walking the fields.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It looks a lot better on your like that.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
It absolutely looks better when it's not buttoned all the way up, at least.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Jeherrin posted:

I've always had sprung mattresses—and just got a new on last October that I love—but the first time I stayed over at my girlfriend's place I was in heaven. Memory foam mattress with pillow-top, and orthapaedic memory foam pillows. It was pretty much the comfiest thing I've ever experienced.

Adding a pillow top on top of memory foam has to be the dumbest thing I've read. I've seen high end spring mattresses with built in memory foam toppers, but never what you're describing.

Everyone should own a memory foam bed, though.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Wireless charger dock for my S7. This is my first wireless charging device and it's pretty cool and I feel like I'm from the future.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Warning: The first night on a memory foam mattress might make you think you broke your back.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

big mean giraffe posted:

Adding a pillow top on top of memory foam has to be the dumbest thing I've read. I've seen high end spring mattresses with built in memory foam toppers, but never what you're describing.

It's amazing. You get an inch or so of super soft lush deliciousness, and then you get a memory foam mattress that's incredibly comfortable.

knows a black guy
Jun 18, 2005

Heid the Ball posted:

Coat update:

Still love it, but here's a picture of it how I normally would wear it (minus shop tags).

Been told I look like a farmer, which is kind of the point as its a jacket for walking the fields.

Looks nice like that, dude.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Heid the Ball posted:

Coat update:

Heads up, JC. Your brother Paul is on his way to meet you at the dock. The NSF is raiding the island, and shots have been fired. I repeat: find Paul. I will monitor your situation from HQ.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

big mean giraffe posted:

My fear would be that they are super warm. Don't you get all sweaty? I love my shredded memory foam pillow and it's by far the best pillow I've ever used (regular "shaped" memory foam pillows are the worst though), but I'd be afraid to use a whole mattress/topper

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Aphrodite posted:

Warning: The first night on a memory foam mattress might make you think you broke your back.

Confirming this. We got the goon recommended one from awhile back in the thread. First night was abysmal, been great since then.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

KingColliwog posted:

My fear would be that they are super warm. Don't you get all sweaty? I love my shredded memory foam pillow and it's by far the best pillow I've ever used (regular "shaped" memory foam pillows are the worst though), but I'd be afraid to use a whole mattress/topper

That's always been my worry too. Gel foam is supposed to stay cooler. I'll find out in a couple of weeks.

Unrelated, I remember some pressure cooker chat a while back. Is there a any consensus favorite electric model?

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I bought two tickets for the DC Chocolate Festival in April! Very excited!

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

Toast Museum posted:

Unrelated, I remember some pressure cooker chat a while back. Is there a any consensus favorite electric model?

I really like my Cuisinart CPC-600. Others like the Instant Pot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

knows a black guy posted:

Looks nice like that, dude.

I suspect that it's a cutting that looks bad on everyone when buttoned fully up.