Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Drav posted:

I ledge slide off of loving everything but what is a YY slide? Just hitting YY during a slide? Never tried that.

Not just ledge slide, but slide off a ledge and hit and hold jump at just the right time. Do it right and you slide in mid-air with the full boost momentum of your jump added, going horizontal. It's insanely fast.

YY slide is just slide and double tap weapon switch. It cancels the sprint-out delay from the slide, you go immediately from sliding to sprinting, no pause.

With afterburner you can basically YY slide around the entire map at full speed, its pretty nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

victrix posted:

Not just ledge slide, but slide off a ledge and hit and hold jump at just the right time. Do it right and you slide in mid-air with the full boost momentum of your jump added, going horizontal. It's insanely fast.

YY slide is just slide and double tap weapon switch. It cancels the sprint-out delay from the slide, you go immediately from sliding to sprinting, no pause.

With afterburner you can basically YY slide around the entire map at full speed, its pretty nuts.

Sweet. Is there a timing component to when you hit YY during the slide?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Drav posted:

Sweet. Is there a timing component to when you hit YY during the slide?

Not really, it's incredibly lax. The ledge sliding requires some practice, but there's basically no penalty for failure, so just mess with it any time you're on a ledge/tall thing.

For the Y slide you can just double tap triangle as soon as you start the slide. For whatever reason the weapon switch animation cancels out the slow stall at the end of a slide you normally experience, so as long as you did the switch, you go right back into a sprint.

Y sliding (particularly with afterburner) will let you blitz some routes early that you used to be able to do with the G slide (these names are so dumb).

Like you can get onto B on Breach and be lined up for those sweet sweet capture kills as pubbies round the bend. Or the one Javes and I jockey for every round, the rush to the fences from A spawn on Fringe to kill 3/4 of their team at the C bend.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yo lets play shootmans

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yo lets play shootmans

Edit: No one joined my party. Play more later.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Mar 8, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Deviant posted:

Edit: No one joined my party. Play more later.

I was in the middle of a game :argh:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yo lets play shootmans
CoD tonight, Division tomorrow, right? Work for another half hour and then will shove some food in my face but shouldn't be long.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Division is going to be poo poo stick to one lovely game at a time.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Eh we had fun in the beta(s).

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

victrix posted:

Brecci, Fast Mags, Rapid Fire, 2xFlashbang, Scavenger, Gung-Ho, Afterburner

That's the core, you can tinker with it from there, you have two points to spare, grabbing a lethal to abuse with Scav isn't a bad idea, C4 is always fun, or you can squeeze in a fourth perk. Long Barrel/ExMags aren't bad either, though I find Fast works fine for the number of people the Brecci can kill on one standard mag.

e: Master your YY slides and ledge slides - the speed you gain is pretty crazy.

Well poo poo. One point shy of an engineer load out. Ah well, wasn't really using it much anyways.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Totally worth playing ~180 games of S&D to get those 5 ninja's.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I don't have the money for The Division so that's gotta wait until I do. Also I've been wrapped up in Torchlight 2 with irl friend so that's why I've been away from CoD. Not upset because torchlight 2 rules and is a better game than cod.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I think I like the Ripper more than the flamethrower, if only because it charges so stupidly fast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITOE4dqIvu0

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.

victrix posted:

Not really, it's incredibly lax. The ledge sliding requires some practice, but there's basically no penalty for failure, so just mess with it any time you're on a ledge/tall thing.

For the Y slide you can just double tap triangle as soon as you start the slide. For whatever reason the weapon switch animation cancels out the slow stall at the end of a slide you normally experience, so as long as you did the switch, you go right back into a sprint.

Y sliding (particularly with afterburner) will let you blitz some routes early that you used to be able to do with the G slide (these names are so dumb).

Like you can get onto B on Breach and be lined up for those sweet sweet capture kills as pubbies round the bend. Or the one Javes and I jockey for every round, the rush to the fences from A spawn on Fringe to kill 3/4 of their team at the C bend.

Increase your speed by tapping ads after your YY to cut out the slightly slower end of slide part to get to your next full slide speed

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

faantastic posted:

Totally worth playing ~180 games of S&D to get those 5 ninja's.

And still no 100% multiplayer calling card to show for it.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

victrix posted:

I think I like the Ripper more than the flamethrower, if only because it charges so stupidly fast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITOE4dqIvu0

Yup. Ripper owns. Charges really fast, can destroy 3-4 guys in seconds, has a nice range and can it saved me on more than one occasion. Just reflexively hitting R1 and L1 and bam, shotgun dude who was in my face is now dead. It's also cool when they try to leap over you and you hit them in mid-air.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Uhm wtf. I just played a game and at the end it asked me if I had fun? Yes/No/Skip the question. Never seen that before.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

beedeebee posted:

Uhm wtf. I just played a game and at the end it asked me if I had fun? Yes/No/Skip the question. Never seen that before.

I've gotten that a handful of times. I think it means you're in some sort of pre-selected lobby where they're stealth editing settings, but I have absolutely no confirmation of that.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
So there's a new undocumented recoil mechanic. TLDR, fighting recoil is harder than previous CODs, going in the direction of recoil makes it worse. So from the sound of it tracking upwards movement may make your recoil worse, which might explain why hopping around is successful. Also it's slightly bugged :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eawm190MhQ8

Carecat fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 8, 2016

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Mill Village posted:

And still no 100% multiplayer calling card to show for it.

I'm going to hit level 1000, all the dark ops done, and it's going to say "you needed the dark ops clean reset challenge for a true 100%".

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Carecat posted:

Also it's slightly bugged :v:

This game is a big piece of poo poo.

So who wants to play tonight?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
:q:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I now have enough attachment variants to keep my poor P-06 warm on the snow maps.

It looks disgusting if you put camo on it by covering the FMJ fabric. Like a tumor.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Mar 9, 2016

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I am playing video games. Who else would like to play video games?

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

Javes posted:

Only way is to play with someone that doesn't have the DLC.

still? :smith:

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.
Guess i'll hop on and get pissed as gently caress

The_Fuzzinator fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Mar 9, 2016

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Probably ever.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I got an ultra kill last night on Fringe. Apparently it's a dark ops challenge for 8 rapid kills. Interestingly enough, it did not award the 6 and 7 kill versions (I already had the one for frenzy). Also I *just* missed the 9th kill, which apparently is another dark ops challenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KebfZG_2V0

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I don't play this game anymore, but this clip is amusing.

https://gfycat.com/VigorousShorttermIcelandichorse

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mill Village posted:

I don't play this game anymore, but this clip is amusing.

https://gfycat.com/VigorousShorttermIcelandichorse

:doink:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Anybody wanna play tonight?

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Will def be on later, add PSN BaronVanAwesome

In related news tonight, diamond snipers :whatup:

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

just got my AR diamond camos, tune in for stoned shotgun grinding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aA0gdHx5kI

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
http://charlieintel.com/2016/03/11/new-bribe-supply-drop-available-black-market-till-monday-costs-300-cp-60-cryptokeys/

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
but I'm getting rare drops in the division already :confused:

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Ok, they do realize that people want the new weapons WAY more than they want dress up outfits for their character (which you CANNOT see when you're playing), right?

Right??

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

housefly posted:

Ok, they do realize that people want the new weapons WAY more than they want dress up outfits for their character (which you CANNOT see when you're playing), right?

Right??

It does seem like a complete loving joke. I would rather gamble at the chance from weapon skins vs new weapons instead of that bullcrap.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

housefly posted:

Right??

Of course they do!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

housefly posted:

Right??

speak for yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Bill NYSE posted:

It does seem like a complete loving joke. I would rather gamble at the chance from weapon skins vs new weapons instead of that bullcrap.

So it's not entirely clear to me on how this works, but it seems to suggest you have a higher chance at a legendary pull than the rare crates. Is that in addition to the guaranteed barbie outfit?

• Locked thread