Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

boom boom boom posted:

no way, they gotta redesign the outfits every movie so they can make more toys

Exhibit A: Iron Man

Then again he had a bit of a precedent of making new versions of his armor every other day in the comics, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

Exhibit A: Iron Man

Then again he had a bit of a precedent of making new versions of his armor every other day in the comics, too.

Someone pointed out that prior to the boom in super hero toys he didn't change his armor all that much. Post 1994 he gets a new suit almost every year.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Travis343 posted:

My NECA Batman 89 and Batman 66 are on the movie shelf, not the superhero shelf. I guess it's a little :spergin: but Im sure we all have our toy quirks.

Sure, why not?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

The_Doctor posted:

Sure, why not?

OH MY GOD WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT FINN

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I saw a Fwoosh article on the DC Universe line of figures that are entirely the female superhero and villains that are generally aimmed at girls but also boys. I liked how they look a lot so I picked up a few of them, especially since they are ten bucks a piece and because some of them honestly look better then the DC Direct counterparts of those characters.

Ivy is the only one I am not a big fan of the bunch. Also included in the picture is Dark Knight Returns verison of Superman that is exclusive to Walmart. While there is a DC Direct that looks more like the one from the comic, I do like how he looks more like 90s era Superman that I am familar with, including that curl in his hair.

I kinda like how my Rogue Gallery is a weird mixture of figure eras now. I really should get a Penquin and Two-Face sometime.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Why cookie Rocket posted:

OH MY GOD WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT FINN

Isn't that the Black Series Finn?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Rage posted:

Isn't that the Black Series Finn?

Yeah, it is...? They're not shelfwarming everywhere still?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Kroger near me is clearancing out Black Series for $6 each. All they had were Finn's.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

John Boyega himself is one of us. From his snapchat:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The_Doctor posted:

Rhyno posted:

Kroger near me is clearancing out Black Series for $6 each. All they had were Finn's.

I think it was a joke yall

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Rhyno posted:

Someone pointed out that prior to the boom in super hero toys he didn't change his armor all that much. Post 1994 he gets a new suit almost every year.

To be fair, that's also around the time Tony sobered up.

The_Doctor posted:

Plus, he's $14.95 on Amazon.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Red posted:

Plus, he's $14.95 on Amazon.

I bought him on Force Friday. :saddowns:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

Come on John, you got that Star Wars money, you gotta buy the Delorean too.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

The_Doctor posted:

I bought him on Force Friday. :saddowns:

Nobody... forced you to. :cool:

Aphrodite posted:

Come on John, you got that Star Wars money, you gotta buy the Delorean too.

He and Daisy Ridley made good money for regular people, but for appearing in a multi-billion dollar film, they got peanuts. Ridley got $150-300k, and Boyega got somewhere in the same neighborhood.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but they're filming 2 now, and their characters were popular enough that they delayed the film to include more of them. Even a bad agent can get you a fat raise for that.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The_Doctor posted:

Unlike anybody here though he can actually afford these.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So if you're in one of these movies, do you buy the Hot Toy of yourself?

Actors always seem excited when they get their own toy, but is it weird when it's one that detailed?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

So if you're in one of these movies, do you buy the Hot Toy of yourself?

Actors always seem excited when they get their own toy, but is it weird when it's one that detailed?

At WizardWorld two years ago Anthony Mackie was seen buying Falcon figures constantly throughout the days of the con. He said he only got two from Hasbro and he wanted to give them to everyone he knew.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Boyega's shown pics of his collection before. Like anyone with class, he favours the Detolf.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'd feel weird. Hasbro had me do one of those face scan and put your head on Iron Man and I hide that thing in my storage room.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

therealjon_ posted:

I'd feel weird. Hasbro had me do one of those face scan and put your head on Iron Man and I hide that thing in my storage room.

I did a similar thing at the last Disney Star Wars Weekends. It will never see the light of day.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My ugly face is on several hundred copies of the first IDW Ghostbusters comic and you can bet your rear end I shoved those into every hand I could.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

But would you keep a copy at home, staring at you beside Darth Vader or Iron Man or something?

Some actors don't even watch their own movies, because it freaks them out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

But would you keep a copy at home, staring at you beside Darth Vader or Iron Man or something?

Some actors don't even watch their own movies, because it freaks them out.

There's a framed mini poster of it on my wall.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

The_Doctor posted:

Sure, why not?

What Overlord is that and why is it so tiny

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Fwoosh got a hold of the next Captain American wave already (jeez I still not even seen anyone from the Spider-Man wave), and a lot of them look great. But I think Nick Fury has been pushed into must buy now after seeing the alt head he has!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I still can't believe they included a Dirk Anger head.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Veg posted:

What Overlord is that and why is it so tiny

That's Iron Factory IF-EX11 "Evil Lord" and he's seriously awesome. http://tfsource.com/ironfactory/if-ex11-evillord/

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Rirse posted:

Fwoosh got a hold of the next Captain American wave already (jeez I still not even seen anyone from the Spider-Man wave), and a lot of them look great. But I think Nick Fury has been pushed into must buy now after seeing the alt head he has!

I was thinking of getting the Movie Nick Fury figure so I could steal his trench coat and make a passable Aaron Stack, but now I'm definitely doing that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

therealjon_ posted:

Can I have it?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Oh nice, I found the Absorbing Man finally locally, and actually got Venom and Spider-Gwen as my work must just put them out. Almost bought the two Superior Foes of Spider-Man characters along with the Boomerang who been peg warming for a while, but might wait until I get paid to do that.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I'm still looking for Spider Gwen, it's the only one from the wave that I haven't seen at retail, and the only one I want.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I've been actively searching for Gwen and Venom for Rhyno and have had no luck but am happy to pick up any extras I do find.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Louisgod posted:

I've been actively searching for Gwen and Venom for Rhyno and have had no luck but am happy to pick up any extras I do find.

I totally forgot to tell you, a friend found a Venom for me last night. Just need that Gwen.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Rhyno posted:

I totally forgot to tell you, a friend found a Venom for me last night. Just need that Gwen.

I actually found a Gwen but the paint on the hood was so god-awful I'd be embarrassed to pass it along. Like you're probably thinking "aw man it couldn't have been that bad!" but the white on top was smeared way inside the top of the hood, it looked like garbage.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Scarlet Witch arrived a couple days ago.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Joe Fisto posted:

Scarlet Witch arrived a couple days ago.

Maybe it's just the lighting, but... Gillian Anderson?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

The_Doctor posted:

Maybe it's just the lighting, but... Gillian Anderson?

It's the lighting. I don't have fancy filters and whatnot.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

How bad is Mondo with preorder release dates?

I preordered the "The First Turtle Figure (B&W Version)" way back in May last year and their hasn't been a single update since then. The site even says it will ship 4th quarter 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

How bad is Mondo with preorder release dates?

I preordered the "The First Turtle Figure (B&W Version)" way back in May last year and their hasn't been a single update since then. The site even says it will ship 4th quarter 2015.

Did you order directly from them? I've seen people getting theirs a few months back. I'd contact them.