Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
AP Sona does a lot of damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Lol once you get Rylai's on Golden Sun. He's got lategame Azir levels of DPS.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

Ah yes, the fabled elo with good supports who have no problem getting kills but ADCs that can neither get kills or cs. It's weird that so many supports end up in this place.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I reinstalled because I'm weak.

How are people building Jarvan top and jungle now that he's not trash?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Aerox posted:

I reinstalled because I'm weak.

How are people building Jarvan top and jungle now that he's not trash?

HE DOES THE SAME poo poo HE'S ALWAYS DONE

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

ZenVulgarity posted:

HE DOES THE SAME poo poo HE'S ALWAYS DONE

The exact same, except now way better

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I am guessing that is not your actual elo.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Edit: Never mind; I just need to stop playing ranked.

How is Aurelion Sol looking on the PBE?

Aerox fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Mar 10, 2016

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
How exactly are you supposed to play Anivia? Should I be using her passive to play more aggro early? I'm finding if I manage to get early kills with her it's not through out-dueling the enemy mid, it's from stupid poo poo like them diving me and me walling/stunning them under tower or collapsing on a jungle invade. Otherwise I've mostly been sitting on my rear end, struggling till 6 and then just shoving them under tower while I wait for my tear and RoA to finish.

I did realize in playing her earlier today that I really need to work on my trading skills because some games I'll be completely focused on it and do the whole trading stance thing perfectly, then other games I just throw my spells out whenever I drat well feel like it and miss like 80% of them :downs:

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

How exactly are you supposed to play Anivia? Should I be using her passive to play more aggro early? I'm finding if I manage to get early kills with her it's not through out-dueling the enemy mid, it's from stupid poo poo like them diving me and me walling/stunning them under tower or collapsing on a jungle invade. Otherwise I've mostly been sitting on my rear end, struggling till 6 and then just shoving them under tower while I wait for my tear and RoA to finish.

I did realize in playing her earlier today that I really need to work on my trading skills because some games I'll be completely focused on it and do the whole trading stance thing perfectly, then other games I just throw my spells out whenever I drat well feel like it and miss like 80% of them :downs:

Anivia is a champ mainly about punishing aggression / poor positioning, unless you know you have a favourable match up where you can aggressively try to land Q's (Easiest way to do this usually is on siege waves because people desperately want the siege minion), you want to be farming mostly and just waiting for mistakes / cooldowns to be blown. Once you hit 6 you can toss ER's at your will. Since her Q is so slow you have to pay close attention to when people lock themselves into an action and look for those opportunities. Her passive is to discourage people from diving your otherwise immobile rear end, and to give your non-existent jungler imaginary time to come save you.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Hey biowarfare you seem like a dope dude wanna do oh

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
So getting back into playing some league again, I was getting these 80 --> 1000 ---> 80 ping fluctuations nonstop. Did some research and apparently setting the LoL process to High in task manager before the match starts fixes this. It seems to work, I've had games with no lag issues when I do this, but I'm always dreading the moment when it suddenly breaks down.

Is this a widespread issue, does anyone know what the cause is?

Also I'm glad to see that they've done dick about Zed oneshotting people with there being no chance to fight back.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Gortarius posted:

So getting back into playing some league again, I was getting these 80 --> 1000 ---> 80 ping fluctuations nonstop. Did some research and apparently setting the LoL process to High in task manager before the match starts fixes this. It seems to work, I've had games with no lag issues when I do this, but I'm always dreading the moment when it suddenly breaks down.

Is this a widespread issue, does anyone know what the cause is?

Also I'm glad to see that they've done dick about Zed oneshotting people with there being no chance to fight back.

There's still One Neat Trick to not getting murdered by Zed. (its an item)

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
works for fiora too!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
i quit http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2120477740/203024110?tab=overview

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I've played almost 250 ranked games this season, maybe 700 last season. That is the dumbest game of ranked that I can remember. It had no relationship with League of Legends. I am using up all of my annual "this loving game" points, and I take an honest pledge to not complain about any game in the future as long as this one sticks in my mind. And it's a game that the LP says I "won," but no one wins a game where the biggest threat is support Morgana, Lucian dies 20 times, there are 127 kills, five people have triple-doubles, and it's finally mercifully ended by a quinn/udyr backdoor from the team down 6.1k gold (though even the not-fed support was full build+ at 42 minutes)

If you hate yourself like I hate myself, watch it http://www.replay.gg/search/na/killgoldfish#2120477740

I will send $1 to the person who tells me the best most magical thing or moment

kingcobweb fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Mar 10, 2016

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?

kingcobweb posted:

I've played almost 250 ranked games this season, maybe 700 last season. That is the dumbest game of ranked that I can remember. It had no relationship with League of Legends. I am using up all of my annual "this loving game" points, and I take an honest pledge to not complain about any game in the future as long as this one sticks in my mind. And it's a game that the LP says I "won," but no one wins a game where the biggest threat is support Morgana, Lucian dies 20 times, there are 127 kills, five people have triple-doubles, and it's finally mercifully ended by a quinn/udyr backdoor from the team down 6.1k gold (though even the not-fed support was full build+ at 42 minutes)

If you hate yourself like I hate myself, watch it http://www.replay.gg/search/na/killgoldfish#2120477740

I can't imagine seeing a grey screen 20 times in one game. This is a magical land.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

Yeah, people talk about "oh that dude one-shotted me" but I think the term is thrown around really loosely. A fed AP cho can legit deal more than half your max HP as true damage.

I think what makes him survive with his ancient kit is definitely the silence, it's very hard to dodge, has a very respectable duration, and not only disrupts burst combos but prevents anyone from dashing or blinking away from his flash ult finisher.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."
http://oddshot.tv/shot/meteos-201603105415761

Azir disabled. Let's gooooooo.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009
Urgot jungle trip report: It's Good! Just Don't Expect to Win.

Other than first clear its actually pretty strong, you can clear with full hp, and the jungle item keeps you at a decent mana level. You probably need to be greedy with blue. Ganks are ok pre-6, if your laner has hard cc you can easily hit E and then guarantee to blow a flash/get a kill. Post-6 if you catch someone out/flash+ult you can get very easy gold.

The build path is kinda goofy. You get 10% CDR from Warrior enchant, so BC+FH is inefficient. Can't decide if it's smarter to forego BC and grab a youmoo's or Death's Dance+LW instead.

Unfortunately devourer is still a thing, so after 20 minutes are up you lose anyway. And Urgot has no real power spike so enjoy losing to Yi/Xin/Shyv every game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
the trick is to build devourer on urgot

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Is this the worst new splash art in a while?

Also:

Aerox posted:

Edit: Never mind; I just need to stop playing ranked.

lol, ranked is so bad right now, what is going on?

Literally could not drag my team to Baron this game, I don't think they realized that it's an important objective.

I was the only person on my team to buy a pink ward that game, omg.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Mar 10, 2016

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

kingcobweb posted:

do you really want a hard-assed high ranked analysis or do you just want people to laugh at your blowing

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Sexpansion posted:

the answer is yes

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sexpansion posted:

Everything about sol harkens back to the early days.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

Sexpansion posted:

those legs hahahaha

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Oh my god I never noticed the baby legs before lmao

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Luna Was Here posted:

Hey biowarfare you seem like a dope dude wanna do oh

Bio is cool but be careful he is a hacker + mischievous

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Haha, the double 1200 damage hits on the squishies and a shelled rammus instantly dying.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

kingcobweb posted:

As a support, you only bought two pink wards in a 45 minute game with 120 collective kills and you second back bought the starting item-tier Dark Seal for a Mejai's path (which you eventually sold anyways) at 8 minutes with two deaths. Your second complete item was a Zzrot (even before any CDR/utility support aura/active items) and your third complete item was a Mejai's despite having 7 deaths at that point.

Everything I just typed in those two sentences makes me barf as a support player.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Libertine posted:

As a support, you only bought two pink wards in a 45 minute game with 120 collective kills and you second back bought the starting item-tier Dark Seal for a Mejai's path (which you eventually sold anyways) at 8 minutes with two deaths. Your second complete item was a Zzrot (even before any CDR/utility support aura/active items) and your third complete item was a Mejai's despite having 7 deaths at that point.

Everything I just typed in those two sentences makes me barf as a support player.

What color is the vomit?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Safety Scissors posted:

What color is the vomit?

The best color.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
It pleases me when I can place a pink ward when I see an enemy taking out the one I already had in place. No gold for you, sucker.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I've been too tired the past couple of days to played ranked so I've been messing around top in norms. I gotta say it's not an easy lane. It's easy enough to not lose unless their jungler catches you out but actually winning is hard. I've messed around with Akali and done pretty well, and tried Kayle last night and got wrecked by a Nasus.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I like playing Singed in the top lane because winning with singed amounts to "Make the enemy team constantly roam top then walk away like a dick"

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Libertine posted:

The best color.

Please do not hate on my friend lime Gatorade

It's refreshing

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

kingcobweb posted:

I'm not in it for the money, but there are some primo replays in this. I'll see what I can do.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

So what's going on here? Are his attacks applying Nashor's Tooth multiple times or something?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

The Shortest Path posted:

So what's going on here? Are his attacks applying Nashor's Tooth multiple times or something?
If multiple soldiers hit the same target, all but the first are meant to get reduced damage. For whatever reason, that stopped happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Libertine posted:

I like buying dark seal as Janna a lot! When you back with 350 gold early it gives you a lot of laning power. Building it into Mejais was a mistake tho

Two pink wards was bc I had it down in really effective locations for 10-20 minutes at a time (I think??)

Zzrot was super effective this game and might have won it for us. I build it on Janna often in games where people ignore pushing to fight often

Edit: that being said I've never died that much as Janna EVER and I belong in bronze 69 for that game but so does everyone else

• Locked thread