Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

limaCAT posted:

Ooh darling! The sacrifices a penguin must make!

oh my god its perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

That's still very sexy. It's my two favorite flavors of autistic time erasers in one.

Better get praying SE decides it's worth localising then, unless you know Japanese I guess.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

FactsAreUseless posted:

It is. Dream Land 3 is the worst Kirby game with standard Kirby gameplay.

Good to know!

Nate RFB posted:

I always thought I was weird for not really liking Kirby 3. Super Star to me is the definitive Kirby experience on the SNES.

And that's the thing. Superstar predates Dream Land 3 by about a year and a half but still blows it out of the water in pretty much every conceivable way. I can imagine a lot of Kirby fans being disappointed after giving Dream Land 3 a whirl for the first time back in the 90's.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm pretty sure Dream Land 3 was a Gameboy game like the other Dream Lands that got changed to an SNES game midway through development.

But even compared to the first two, it's very slow and empty and forgettable.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Sakurazuka posted:

Better get praying SE decides it's worth localising then, unless you know Japanese I guess.

I never thought DQ Heroes would get localized since it's DQ+Dynasty Warriors, but even got a wordplay title and Alena with a Russian accent like God intended.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm pretty sure Dream Land 3 was a Gameboy game like the other Dream Lands that got changed to an SNES game midway through development.

But even compared to the first two, it's very slow and empty and forgettable.

Yeah, I loving love KDL2 and it's so wildly different in how it plays compared to its successor. The final boss (after getting the sword) was intense as poo poo.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Please draw two penguins

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Great Joe posted:

Please draw two penguins

make them kiss

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Kirby's Dream Land 3 is cute as poo poo at least.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The animation is super charming, it just isn't fun to play.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

The animation is super charming, it just isn't fun to play.

this applies to 90% of nintendo's library

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Stux posted:

Shut up, The Taint... wait.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

taint stuxed again

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Stux posted:

Good effort, wiener.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Kirbey Pinball was the best Kirbey spinoff game and it is a shame there is no 3DS update.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Stux posted:

I agree. Besides the same iteration of Zelda every five years, there's genuinely nothing really fun on Nintendo's library (not talking about n64 games). Like if you take out Wind Waker remake for Wii U, all you have left is Super Smash Brothers, a game that hasn't changed much in gameplay style since 1999. And I think it has some Zombie game that looked really lovely. Hyrule Warriors looks alright, I guess.

I can't actually name any other Wii U game off the top of my head, except like Wii U sports or something. There's Mario Maker, but I mean that's existed forever on the pc, it doesn't look fun at all, except for the super hard levels, so it's essentially nintendo saying, here create your own Kaizo Mario, we're too lazy to do it.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Can we get a drawing of somebody pulling Ravane's mask off revealing that he's been the Taint Reaper all along?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Good lord. What a post to go out on.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

VideoGames posted:

Good lord. What a post to go out on.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Stux posted:

oh for sure man

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

atelier shallie owns, gently caress the haters

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

corn in the bible posted:

atelier shallie owns, gently caress the haters

:yeah:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

bloodychill posted:

Kirbey Pinball was the best Kirbey spinoff game and it is a shame there is no 3DS update.

I respectfully disagree, as imo the best spin-off is Air Ride.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Golden Goat posted:

Can we get a drawing of somebody pulling Ravane's mask off revealing that he's been the Taint Reaper all along?

I'm not sure who the Taint Reaper is exactly? I guess he's just not well liked.

I like nintendo, as much as the next guy, but I just agree with the sentiment that its library doesn't have much to offer (speaking specifically about the Wii and the WiiU consoles). Like you compare the PS2's library, the PS3 and PS4's library to Nintendo's library, and they completely outdo Nintendo. Does Nintendo have some absolutely fantastic classics? Yeah. I love every iteration of Zelda.

I'm just not going to buy a new Nintendo console when that's the only game I'm gonna play on it. Though the 3DS I've heard has a decent library. But I'm not really much for owning handheld consoles, besides smart phones.

Since the n64, the amount of decent games on Nintendo consoles has only decreased.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Yeah, nintendo games just aren't as good as they were when we were younger. Its like Nintendo has lost that special spark they had when I was 13.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I can't even get Early Access games on the Wii U so what the gently caress is the point

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not true, Splatoon came out last year

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
bayonetta 2 is a good game

the wonderful 101 is a good game

star fox zero will be a good game

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010
The DS was a great system and Elite Beat Agents and Ouendan were wonderful games. That and a lot of great dungeon crawlers like The Dark Spire and the Etrian Odyssey games If these games or games like them made it to the 3DS then it is a great system as well. If not, then it might be a bit less great but is probably still pretty good.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

green shallie is cool and so is not green shallie

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

PantsBandit posted:

I can't even get Early Access games on the Wii U so what the gently caress is the point

Mario Tennis

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I only got around to green Shallie's story before my PS3 died :(

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I have a stack of WiiU games and all of them are great.

Mario Maker
Mario 3D World
Yoshi's Wooly World
Bayonetta 1+2
Smash
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (best game)
Captain Toad
Mario Kart 8

Yes almost all of those are Mario games in some way but they're all good so I don't care. There are games I know are good that I didn't include cause I couldn't get into them like Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Hyrule Warriors. Put Splatoon in there too because I enjoyed it but never got around to picking it up.

If you seriously don't like most of the games well then I don't know what to tell you other than I think you're nuts

Also Tropical Freeze is better than literally very single game that has ever come out on the PS2, PS3 or PS4 :colbert:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Nasgate posted:

I respectfully disagree, as imo the best spin-off is Air Ride.

Wrong, it's Kirby's Dream Course.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Macaluso posted:

I have a stack of WiiU games and all of them are great.

Mario Maker
Mario 3D World
Yoshi's Wooly World
Bayonetta 1+2
Smash
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (best game)
Captain Toad
Mario Kart 8

Yes almost all of those are Mario games in some way but they're all good so I don't care. There are games I know are good that I didn't include cause I couldn't get into them like Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Hyrule Warriors. Put Splatoon in there too because I enjoyed it but never got around to picking it up.

If you seriously don't like most of the games well then I don't know what to tell you other than I think you're nuts

Also Tropical Freeze is better than literally very single game that has ever come out on the PS2, PS3 or PS4 :colbert:

Mario Maker - boring, make your own puzzles game. maybe good if you really like old mario games. Maybe would purchase in a bargain bin for 2 bucks.
Mario 3D World - never heard of this, not quite sure how this is different from other mario games since they've all been 3D since mario64
Yoshi's Wooly World - sounds like Unravel with a well known character
Bayonetta 1+2 - never played, dislike most jrpgs
Smash - Smash is great, no problems here.
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - never played any donkey kong games, but I like their style, so this is ok. Doubt it's better that all games on sony, but it's just an opinion.
Captain Toad - never heard about this game, looks like a mix between Monument Valley and Mario. Would buy it for ten bucks maybe.
Mario Kart 8 - After 8 iterations, it's still fun, but you'd think they'd change the cheapness of going from last to first almost immediately by using a blue shell and bullet bill combo. I like the Luigi death stares.

Never heard of the wonderful 101. Xenoblade chronicles looks interesting, but seems too jrpg gimicky to me.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I got Taint Reaped. How could I let this happen

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
i like video games

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
And I like all of you.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009