Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I didn't realize Salt and Sanctuary was only a week a way. I guess I am dumb enough to preorder it. I'll at least hold off on Day if the Tentacle seeing as every Double Fine PS4 game has found its way to PS+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why did they localize the normal edition of dengeki bunko and not the turbo edition

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

A truly momentous day. Black Flag finally dropped below $10.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

axleblaze posted:

I didn't realize Salt and Sanctuary was only a week a way. I guess I am dumb enough to preorder it. I'll at least hold off on Day if the Tentacle seeing as every Double Fine PS4 game has found its way to PS+

Wow I haven't heard anything about Salt and Sanctuary since Vaatividya's demo of it, still looks neat and the price is nice. Probably gonna throw some moneys at it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Super No Vacancy posted:

why did they localize the normal edition of dengeki bunko and not the turbo edition

Because that only just came out in Japan and gotta follow the ArcSys method of 'updates'

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Speaking of which where the gently caress is the Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator preorder

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

AnonSpore posted:

Speaking of which where the gently caress is the Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator preorder

I'm still waiting for Sign to go on sale. At least one or the other!

vvv Yeah but I didn't have a PS4 some months ago.

mycot fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 8, 2016

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

mycot posted:

I'm still waiting for Sign to go on sale. At least one or the other!

Sign on PS4 was $15 some months ago.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I'm kinda mad that AC Chronicles is so cheap so quick, because I bought the trilogy about 2 weeks ago. But I used that the get over $100 so I could get that $15, so whatever. I'm the idiot that owns every game on that list already.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

SpacePig posted:

I'm kinda mad that AC Chronicles is so cheap so quick, because I bought the trilogy about 2 weeks ago. But I used that the get over $100 so I could get that $15, so whatever. I'm the idiot that owns every game on that list already.

I just picked up the AC Syndicate Season Pass to go over the $100get$15 back deal.. For $5 more I could've gotten the digital game and junked my physical copy this week. :/

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Harlock posted:

And well after Ubi stopped doing online challenges, so there's a pretty significant amount of unlocks in the game that are now impossible to get! Hooray!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Huh. I never played any AC games and never was that interested in the series, but at the price... 2 and Black Flag are the good ones, right?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
2, Brotherhood and Black Flag are the best, more or less in that order. Don't buy 3 under any circumstance.

Crappy Jack posted:

And well after Ubi stopped doing online challenges, so there's a pretty significant amount of unlocks in the game that are now impossible to get! Hooray!

It's nice that those unlocks are pretty much inconsequential, but it's still infuriating to have a handful of customization options locked behind online stuff. I'm going through a similar thing with Unity, but it has just enough of a playerbase that it isn't too bad just yet.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

My Lovely Horse posted:

Huh. I never played any AC games and never was that interested in the series, but at the price... 2 and Black Flag are the good ones, right?

Yup. 2+Brotherhood is great, never played Revelations, but heard it's pretty blah.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Is there anything worth a drat on the gold version of Black Flag over the normal?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

axleblaze posted:

Is there anything worth a drat on the gold version of Black Flag over the normal?

The Adewale DLC is pretty aces, and there's a pack of additional costumes and weapons that are great to have if you want a Captain Morgan outfit, but the multiplayer has to be just about dead by now, so no reason to worry about that online stuff.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Freedom Cry is in fact quite good, and don't you also get Aveline missions? I'd say it's probably worth it just for them.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

SpacePig posted:

Freedom Cry is in fact quite good, and don't you also get Aveline missions? I'd say it's probably worth it just for them.

Her mission is like five minutes long. But I guess it's there.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I picked up Syndicate, the real question is do I want Rogue for $12? Oh man, Liberation HD is $5 too...

I'll bitch about AC fatigue as much as anyone but drat if I don't love these stupid games.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Harlock posted:

Proof it'll be part of next month's PS+.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dave Angel posted:

I've been using https://www.pcgamesupply.com without issue for a while now.

Seconding this, yeah.

Used to rely on Play-Asia but it took longer.

Now I just use the PC Game Supply site whenever I need funds.

Too bad they don't sell Nintendo Prepaid Cards for Canada.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BGrifter posted:

Proof it'll be part of next month's PS+.

next months ps+ is dark star or whatever that top down 10 player space twin stick is called. it got announced because people that preordered for beta access are getting their interest free loans back from sony

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Seconding this, yeah.

Used to rely on Play-Asia but it took longer.

Now I just use the PC Game Supply site whenever I need funds.

Too bad they don't sell Nintendo Prepaid Cards for Canada.

Are you guys talking about getting a 1-year PS+ membership in the US for less than $50 via the USD -> CDN exchange rate? I can't figure it out, and I'm all about saving $15. I tried buying from amazon.ca but they don't ship to the US (or my US address, anyway.) This website doesn't seem to have PS+ cards for the Canada region?

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

I don't suppose anybody is buying that Tetris clone, Tetraminos, that came out today? I'd like a decent Tetris game on my PS4, but there's no way I'd give a dime to Ubisoft for their lovely version.

-e- after a closer look, despite it's name, it seems to have 3,2 and 1 block pieces too. I think I might wait for a sale and give it a shot.

barren_sky fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Mar 9, 2016

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
AAC is very good and the level of polish puts Broforce to shame.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Leyburn posted:

AAC is very good and the level of polish puts Broforce to shame.

How much of a bullet hell is it? I saw someone describe it in those words and it immediately turned me off but I guess I don't really know.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

So this is the opposite of digital purchases, but I figure this thread is going to be most likely to have interested parties: it's a little hit and miss, but some video game articles on Amazon.co.jp will ship internationally with no bullshit, which is also extra-good because the base price of your order gets lowered due to Amazon no longer charging you sales tax. One certainty is that the item must be sold by Amazon directly; no third-party seller items will ship internationally if they didn't specifically flag that as OK (and I think basically none do), and this includes "Fulfilled by Amazon" sales.

Also Amazon.co.jp due to some weird legal reason can't use other Amazon accounts, so you'll have to create a new account. A bit of an anomaly since the same account works on literally every other Amazon, but what can you do?

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

barren_sky posted:

I don't suppose anybody is buying that Tetris clone, Tetraminos, that came out today? I'd like a decent Tetris game on my PS4, but there's no way I'd give a dime to Ubisoft for their lovely version.

-e- after a closer look, despite it's name, it seems to have 3,2 and 1 block pieces too. I think I might wait for a sale and give it a shot.

If you find it for cheap, Puyo Puyo Tetris is really fun and also comes with Puyo Puyo. It's more versus-focused than most modern Tetris games are though.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

univbee posted:

So this is the opposite of digital purchases, but I figure this thread is going to be most likely to have interested parties: it's a little hit and miss, but some video game articles on Amazon.co.jp will ship internationally with no bullshit, which is also extra-good because the base price of your order gets lowered due to Amazon no longer charging you sales tax. One certainty is that the item must be sold by Amazon directly; no third-party seller items will ship internationally if they didn't specifically flag that as OK (and I think basically none do), and this includes "Fulfilled by Amazon" sales.

Also Amazon.co.jp due to some weird legal reason can't use other Amazon accounts, so you'll have to create a new account. A bit of an anomaly since the same account works on literally every other Amazon, but what can you do?

That's weird, because someone also mentioned this in the Vita thread, so I tried it out, and my usual Amazon credentials worked fine. It seems to be hit-or-miss among users, but I haven't had to create a new account for any of the Amazons I've tried to log into (.uk, .de, .fr, and now .jp). And I know I hadn't ever bothered messing with JP Amazon before, especially considering I generate a new unique password every time I need to create an account anywhere.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

RBA Starblade posted:

How much of a bullet hell is it? I saw someone describe it in those words and it immediately turned me off but I guess I don't really know.

It's not a bullet hell game at all. It's a pretty standard twin stick shooter, although it does get hectic quite often. There's a GB quick look from last year that'll give you an idea what to expect.

There's a switch weapons move that gives you invincibility frames that helps you in those situations where you are being overwhelmed.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I don't remember why, but I preordered Dead Star in some sort of sanity lapse a while ago. Just got an email saying that it's gonna be a PS+ game, so I got refunded for it. Thanks Sony. :)

Don't play Dead Star FYI. It's like multiplayer Galak-z without the heart or the gimmicks but with a weird Planetside kinda territory/clan system. Or do! I ain't your dad. Didn't do it for me tho

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I'm interested in repurchasing Saints Row 4 and I see the Game of the Year complete all dlc at a reasonable price version is only the PS4 version which I heard was a porting disaster. Has that been cleaned up by patches yet?

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I'm interested in repurchasing Saints Row 4 and I see the Game of the Year complete all dlc at a reasonable price version is only the PS4 version which I heard was a porting disaster. Has that been cleaned up by patches yet?

Is it really? I've been playing it on and off and it seems to work fine, the framerate drops when the action is intense, but otherwise I have noticed no problems.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The framerate shouldn't be as bad as it for a game that old but otherwise it's fine, and it's smooth as butter compared to the old PS3 version.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Yeah its a lazy port but not irredeemable.

Sleeping dogs is worse I think and I still enjoyed playing it and gat out of hell on ps4.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Szurumbur posted:

Is it really? I've been playing it on and off and it seems to work fine, the framerate drops when the action is intense, but otherwise I have noticed no problems.

One of my friends was constantly complaining about the game hard crashing a lot, I think it's more than just frame drops.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

One of my friends was constantly complaining about the game hard crashing a lot, I think it's more than just frame drops.

Then I musg have been very lucky, because it didn't crash once for me, I don't think. Well, for a low enough price it's a serviceable port.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I just replaced the default PS4 theme with the Transistor one and between that and the Potemkin system voice for Guilty Gear I feel slick as hell.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

I guess it happens to some if it happened to your friend so often, but I've put about 40 hours into the game with no problems other than your occasional open-world-game graphics glitches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

mycot posted:

I just replaced the default PS4 theme with the Transistor one and between that and the Potemkin system voice for Guilty Gear I feel slick as hell.

Whoa! That theme is right up my alley and I will be installing it as soon as I get back home. Thanks!

• Locked thread