Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Hencoe posted:

Make 40k great again.

You heard the man, put Titans into regular games of 40k, don't half-rear end it with Imperial Knights or Stormsurges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

evilmiera posted:

You heard the man, put Titans into regular games of 40k, don't half-rear end it with Imperial Knights or Stormsurges.

Jokes aside you already can, but you really shouldn't.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Hencoe posted:

Make 40k great again.

Of all the avatars people have purchased for me, somehow this one offends the most people

Still, I would have preferred "Make BULBASAUR's posting good again"

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

BULBASAUR posted:

Of all the avatars people have purchased for me, somehow this one offends the most people

Still, I would have preferred "Make BULBASAUR's posting goodagain"

Considering what I've seen your past ones be that's kind of impressive.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Mar 10, 2016

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

BULBASAUR posted:

Still, I would have preferred "Make BULBASAUR's posting good again"

Again?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Reminder that the Necron Overlord DLC for Dawn of War 2 The Best Mode is coming out later today!

That thing's wargear is so ridiculously good it's kind of hilarious. Self-revive every 8 seconds, teleport, sweet damage, confusion effect? Yus!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
So I've got a game coming up tonight against a friend who plays AdMech -- 1,250 points, Maelstrom of War mission. If anyone's interested, we're going to be streaming the game over Twitch starting at 7:30. You'll be able to watch at twitch.tv/thechirurgeon

Here's the list I'm bringing. Feedback welcome, but I'm also mostly limited to the models I own and have painted, so I probably won't be making many changes:

HQ
Sorcerer (115 pts)
- ML 2
- Sigil of Corruption
- Force Staff

Elites
Helbrute (115 pts)
- Power Scourge
- Reaper Autocannon

Troops
10 dudes
Cultists (55 pts)
- Flamer

Chaos Space Marines (215 pts)
10 dudes
- Meltagun
- Missile Launcher
- Rhino w/Dirge Caster

Chaos Space Marines (230 pts)
10 dudes
- Bolt Pistol + CCW
- Mark of Khorne
- Icon of Wrath
- Rhino w/Dirge Caster

Fast Attack
Raptors (160 pts)
5 dudes
- 2 Meltaguns
- Champion has 2x Lightning Claw

Heldrake (170 pts)
- Baleflamer

Heavy Support
Havocs (190 pts)
10 dudes
- 4x Autocannon

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

BuffaloChicken posted:

Nice! Excited to have my (just one) set in hand this weekend. Interesting choice going full-Nid colors on even the humanoid cultist - I'm going the opposite direction, with more human colors on even the more Tyranid hybrids. The one personal preference I have for your models would be to use black instead of blue on the gun casings. I think that would tone the clash with the red bits and make it look a little less like a toy. Take it or leave it - either way I look forward to seeing more!

I'm only during the full color on the second generation hybrids, as they pretty have all genestealer parts aside from a bit of a more human face. The third/fourth-gen hybrids and abberants I'm going to be doing in various skin tones and transitioning them to the bone-colored chitin for the 'stealer bits. I kind of agree that the blue gun bits might need to be toned down to something darker, as the model already has a lot of varying colors. I might do dark grey, mostly because completely black always just looks like you left the part primed and left it at that.

Do you have any more Cultist models available? Bulking the one unit or making a second small unit will give you some greater flexibility and those five extra Havoc bodies can pretty easily be lost. Just my opinion, but typically if something capable of killing marines reaches the Havocs the number of bodies you've got won't matter all that much, as they'll either all be dead, running, or tied up in combat until they're dead (or running).

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Mar 10, 2016

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

PierreTheMime posted:

I'm only during the full color on the second generation hybrids, as they pretty have all genestealer parts aside from a bit of a more human face. The third/fourth-gen hybrids and abberants I'm going to be doing in various skin tones and transitioning them to the bone-colored chitin for the 'stealer bits. I kind of agree that the blue gun bits might need to be toned down to something darker, as the model already has a lot of varying colors. I might do dark grey, mostly because completely black always just looks like you left the part primed and left it at that.

Do you have any more Cultist models available? Bulking the one unit or making a second small unit will give you some greater flexibility and those five extra Havoc bodies can pretty easily be lost. Just my opinion, but typically if something capable of killing marines reaches the Havocs the number of bodies you've got won't matter all that much, as they'll either all be dead, running, or tied up in combat until they're dead (or running).

Fair point. I can remove 3 of the Havocs and dig up enough points for another squad of Cultists. Good call!

E: in the case of stuff that can wreck the Havocs in CC, I'm really only worried about the Sicaran Infiltrators, which can be a huge pain in the rear end and can Outflank

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Mar 10, 2016

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

TheChirurgeon posted:

E: in the case of stuff that can wreck the Havocs in CC, I'm really only worried about the Sicaran Infiltrators, which can be a huge pain in the rear end and can Outflank
Yes, but they're Toughness 3, so your autocannons will wreck them but good before they can charge.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Hencoe posted:

Jokes aside you already can, but you really shouldn't.

Make a Titan mandatory, then.A Reaver in every pot, a Warhound in every garage.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

evilmiera posted:

You can scrap together your own Titan model by covering a My Size Barbie in broken Transformers bits.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
So the Adeptus Sororitas codex is pretty lacking in, well a lot of things, but specifically in the "here are paint schemes" department.

Does anyone have any links to the various paint schemes of the adeptus sororitas. Specifically I need Rhino paint schemes.

Thanks.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

jadebullet posted:

So the Adeptus Sororitas codex is pretty lacking in, well a lot of things, but specifically in the "here are paint schemes" department.

Does anyone have any links to the various paint schemes of the adeptus sororitas. Specifically I need Rhino paint schemes.

Thanks.

You can forge your own narrative!

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

jadebullet posted:

Thanks.

I think the reason it is lacking is because they really only have one scheme, much like other devout forces like the Grey Knights and Black Templars it isn't about being showy, such things are not becoming of chaste daughters of the Emporer.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

jadebullet posted:

Thanks.

:tipshat:

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Putting a Titan on the table in a regular game of warhammer owns quite frankly. Get that loving baby back bitch adlance poo poo outta here

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

jadebullet posted:

Thanks.

These are the schemes from the 3rd ed Witch Hunters codex:

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

This is the only correct answer.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Decepticons!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umwZ8qVorwo

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Uroboros posted:

I think the reason it is lacking is because they really only have one scheme, much like other devout forces like the Grey Knights and Black Templars it isn't about being showy, such things are not becoming of chaste daughters of the Emporer.

Nah, like Space Marines they have a bunch of color schemes in use.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Order of the Argent Shroud is pretty loving dope right there. Do it with a slightly blue tint like Grey Knights and it would rocking. Also the Argent Shroud sound incredibly badass and :black101:

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Mango Polo posted:

Nah, like Space Marines they have a bunch of color schemes in use.

:golfclap:

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
Starting up a Tau army because I am a dumb stupid baby with too much money. What overpriced garbage should I throw away my money on first?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pawl posted:

Starting up a Tau army because I am a dumb stupid baby with too much money. What overpriced garbage should I throw away my money on first?

Spend it on strippers, you'll at least get something out of it

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Thanks guys. It looks like pretty much all of them are some variation of black red and white so that leaves things pretty open ended for painting this rhino, so I will probably go with black with white insets and red details. (Maybe red doors with white emblems)

The problem I have is the black, as blood and rust are really tough to make visible on black, at least, the darker rust is. The orange rust areas stand out more.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Pawl posted:

Tau are pretty strong and offer a good number of solid unit choices. It really depends on what playstyle and competitive level you're looking for, but you really can't go wrong with some Crisis Suits, Broadsides, Riptides, and maybe even the newer Ghostkeels. Firewarriors and Pathfinders are decent as well, especially if you want to play up the Markerlight angle. The Start Collecting! box isn't a terrible start, though it gives you an Ethereal as an HQ, which most people dismiss as an inferior choice.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

panascope posted:

Putting a Titan on the table in a regular game of warhammer owns quite frankly. Get that loving baby back bitch adlance poo poo outta here

I wish I was there for that game. It sounds magical

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hixson posted:

I wish I was there for that game. It sounds magical

I fired my first turbo-laser and killed three Knights.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

Pawl posted:

Stormcast Eternals

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Goddamn right.

Unrelated, anyone have any second edition Space Hulk terminators? I need two.

Kilo147 fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 10, 2016

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Since the Space Marine thread is archived, would it be uncouth to talk about it here?

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

MrSlam posted:

Since the Space Marine thread is archived, would it be uncouth to talk about it here?

We only talk about Soulstorm here.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

jadebullet posted:

The cowards, the fools!

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
Was at the nerd shop last night and the manager was putting together this two ghosar formations from the deathwatch box set. He was trying to find an 1850 list that he could run with them and had been considering getting a third ghosar formation. I pulled up the rising leviathan book and figured out that 2x Ghosars, 1x Manufactorum Genestealers formation, and 1x Broodlord's Hunting Pack gives the tyranids player an additional 45 genestealers and 1 broodlord more infiltrate within 6" in ruins options and preferred enemy on the broodlord's formation for something like 1820 points. Throw regeneration on the broodlord and it was 1850 on the nose with Tyranids basically going whole ham alphastrike.

Three guys at the shop that play Tau, Space Furkin and Mechanicus all had that horrified stare when we threw it together on paper and two of them said they wouldn't even try to play against it.

Game's so drat ridiculous. Obviously this doesn't work in ITC, but that poo poo's basically homebrew these days anyways.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

koreban posted:

Was at the nerd shop last night and the manager was putting together this two ghosar formations from the deathwatch box set. He was trying to find an 1850 list that he could run with them and had been considering getting a third ghosar formation. I pulled up the rising leviathan book and figured out that 2x Ghosars, 1x Manufactorum Genestealers formation, and 1x Broodlord's Hunting Pack gives the tyranids player an additional 45 genestealers and 1 broodlord more infiltrate within 6" in ruins options and preferred enemy on the broodlord's formation for something like 1820 points. Throw regeneration on the broodlord and it was 1850 on the nose with Tyranids basically going whole ham alphastrike.

Three guys at the shop that play Tau, Space Furkin and Mechanicus all had that horrified stare when we threw it together on paper and two of them said they wouldn't even try to play against it.

Game's so drat ridiculous. Obviously this doesn't work in ITC, but that poo poo's basically homebrew these days anyways.

This is functionally impossible because all three HQ models are Unique.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

PierreTheMime posted:

This is functionally impossible because all three HQ models are Unique.

I don't have the ghosar datasheet, and I haven't played 40k in a year or more, but are you saying that you can't take HQs when required by the formations when they're unique/the same? If he's just stacking formations and not using CADs isn't legal? We ran it through battlescribe (which must always be the correctest) and it didn't pop up with any issues.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

koreban posted:

I don't have the ghosar datasheet, and I haven't played 40k in a year or more, but are you saying that you can't take HQs when required by the formations when they're unique/the same? If he's just stacking formations and not using CADs isn't legal? We ran it through battlescribe (which must always be the correctest) and it didn't pop up with any issues.

Most Formations aren't really intended to be played in multiples. The current Ghosar Broodkin set is a one-off for the White Dwarf. If they do actually come out with a fleshed-out codex for them I'm certain they will include HQ models that are not unique and have Formations to include other options. As it stands, Unique models cannot be used in duplicate regardless of their source within the same army. Otherwise you could do things like a Swarmlord and 2 Mucolid Spores and get 5 Swarmlords and enough points left over for some other toys.

The cult Formation is strong on its own and can pretty easily be integrated in with another Tyranid list and/or Formations. It brings some new and interesting options. Alternatively, you could run the Ghosar models in a CAD or an Ally and get way more bang for your Troop buck.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

jadebullet posted:

I can't believe we're being attacked! We just shipped off 1,000,000 Baneblades a half hour ago!

Never played the tabletop since I'm too poor/bad with math/don't know anyone else to play with, but I'm starting to see the difference between regular Space Marines and Movie Marines.

In Soulstorm, three upgraded Guardsmen units can kill a good 200 Marines if you play them right. In Space Marine, one Marine can personally slaughter 500 Orks and stop a Chaos invasion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

PierreTheMime posted:

Most Formations aren't really intended to be played in multiples. The current Ghosar Broodkin set is a one-off for the White Dwarf. If they do actually come out with a fleshed-out codex for them I'm certain they will include HQ models that are not unique and have Formations to include other options. As it stands, Unique models cannot be used in duplicate regardless of their source within the same army.

I'll let him know about that. I don't think it'll deter him from trying to play with it. He'd just say that the second magos is somebody different and use a different model for it.

He's the right sort of ham that owns like 120,000 points of painted ultras and mostly likes things that are cool and fun and worth playing over beers. He was really excited for genestealer cult and wanted to field a huge lot of them. He also had like 60 genestealers from space hulk boxes in a bag that hasn't sold from the loose minis box in almost 2 years since the re-re-release of the SH box.

If he throws down next week I'll try to get pictures of it. If I get around to seeing the datasheets for genestealers I might help him with a more tournament-legal list. Honestly though, with all of the flavor-of-the-week alpha grog poo poo the other 40k players have been doing there the last 2 years, I'm half tempted to not say anything and let him rending claw his way through their netlisted poo poo.

• Locked thread