Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.
So a buddy and I were playing around with this idea. I feel like it could maybe work:

Colonel Vessery (35)
Ruthlessness (3)
Tractor Beam (1)
Stealth Device (3)
TIE/D (0)

"Redline" (27)
Fire-Control System (2)
Extra Munitions (2)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Guidance Chips (0)

Sienar Test Pilot (16)
Autothrusters (2)
TIE/v1 (1)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Alternatively we though about throwing Epsilon Leader in there instead of the Sienar Test Pilot as it would provide Target Lock synergy with Vessary and also mitigate stress. I think that is the stronger build if your meta includes a lot of stresshogs, but that the Sienar Test Pilot might do more damage overall. I'm not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

It seems to me that list really wants to find a spare point somewhere in order to replace Proton Torpedoes with Assault Missiles for the obvious synergy with Tractor Beam and Ruthlessness. There's no easy cut unfortunately.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Colonel Vessery (35)
Ruthlessness (3)
Tractor Beam (1)
Stealth Device (3)
TIE/D (0)

Captain Jonus (22)
Ruthlessness (3)
Extra Munitions (2)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Assault Missiles (5)
Guidance Chips (0)

"Mauler Mithel" (17)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Stealth Device (3)

Total: 99

Anything a Punisher can do, a Bomber can do better. You can also play Scourge instead of Mithel, but I think Mithel is more self-sufficient (like a flanker ace should be).

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Mar 10, 2016

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Corbeau posted:

Still think T-65s can be legit.

Jake Farrell (24)
Push the Limit (3)
Proton Rockets (3)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Rookie Pilot (21)
R2 Astromech (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Rookie Pilot (21)
R2 Astromech (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Rookie Pilot (21)
R2 Astromech (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Total: 99

As long as you avoid bumps I think this is a solid list.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?
feels good to take a break from wangs, even if it was brought on by sickness

hopefully with this i gain some new clarity, the zen of I Don't Give A gently caress

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
I've been wavering a lot on Guidance Chips vs. Integrated Astro on Wedge.

Integrated Astro (with R2D2) is the obvious pick. It's 0 points, it'll stop 1+ damage and almost certainly a nasty crit effect, and that means it might win you another round or the whole game.

On the other hand, Proton Torps + Guidance Chips expects 2.5 2.75 hits during the first joust, and Wedge's ability on top of that might let you roll 4 reds against 2 or 1 or even 0 (!) agility, after Wes has stripped tokens. This pushes you towards the vital early kill, especially against TLT lists or Phantoms, and if you get the early kill you can hopefully convert that into a win (unless you get poo poo on by an arc dodger).

So I dunno. Integrated Astro can save the late-game, but winning the opening feels more valuable...

e: possibly wrong math, check me on this

You're head to head against a Soontir with autothrusters, a stealth device, a focus, and an evade. Range 3. Your probability to hit with a focused 3 die attack is .003, but with a guidance chipped Proton Torp it's almost .1 :v:

General Battuta fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Mar 10, 2016

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

Also I feel loving awesome every time I fire proton torpedoes. X-Wings should shoot protons at things. Give X-Wings a 1 point discount on all torpedoes FFG

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Mr. Gate, I think I lied to you and said Fayettenam champs were next Saturday. They're this Saturday (the 12th). Interested in going? Might set up a carpool if enough people want to go.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
It's better to be lucky at the end of a game than the beginning.

So end it before the luck swings. :getin: Torps and Chips (it even sounds like a party) forever.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
They should let T-65s equip Integrated Astromech and Guidance Chips.

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

I won my first game today! And it was with this list!

Poe Damaron w/ BB-8 (33)
Red Ace w/ R2-D4 and Comm Relay (36)
Nera Dantels w/Proton Torpedoes (30)

Went up against Vader (VI, ATC, and something else)+ TIE Swarm (Crack Black?) with 4 named pilots. Wampa, Howlrunner, Mauler and someone else.

Some thoughts and observations:
- I only had two friendly on friendly bumps! Every other bump was planned and it really helped to limit Vader.
- Poe really needs PTL if I'm going to use BB-8
- Red Ace was everything I wanted. A tough ship that can charge right on into a mass and fly right back out again. Dude was immortal.
- I love you and your ability Nera, but ordnance is so, so bad. Still, you did give Vader a scare with torps out of nowhere.

I also bought a Starviper at the store tonight after the game because I really wanted the autothrusters. I'm going to tinker with this list some over the next week but I will be downgrading Nera and throwing some more upgrades onto Poe and Red Ace.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

You know, if they were at all affordable, an E-Wing with R2F2 and an experimental interface would be really hard to kill...

quote:

- I love you and your ability Nera, but ordnance is so, so bad. Still, you did give Vader a scare with torps out of nowhere.

Against a focus/evade Vader it's pretty hard to get a damage through, but guidance chips will double your expected damage! And if he's only got one focus or one evade you can expect a hit or two the majority of the time if you're chipped.

General Battuta fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Mar 10, 2016

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

General Battuta posted:

You know, if they were at all affordable, an E-Wing with R2F2 and an experimental interface would be really hard to kill...

I'd say you'd be better off with a Stealth Device. Sure it only lasts until you get hit, but it doesn't cost an action (or gain you a stress from EI) and you can use a droid like R5-P9 or R2-D2 to regenerate any damage you do take.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Corbeau posted:

They should let T-65s equip Integrated Astromech and Guidance Chips.

At a discount!

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

Endman posted:

I'd say you'd be better off with a Stealth Device. Sure it only lasts until you get hit, but it doesn't cost an action (or gain you a stress from EI) and you can use a droid like R5-P9 or R2-D2 to regenerate any damage you do take.

Hm, let me think it out. Let's say you do a green straight every turn while an X-Wing chases you, firing focused range 2 attack every turn. With R2F2+EI (6 points) you're taking damage 23% of the time. The math with stealth device and R2D2 is exactly the same, until you take the first hit: then you're expecting .63 damage a turn instead of .35, but you're regenerating 1 a maneuver.

But with the stealth device you're not (as you say) restricted to green moves, and even if you're focusing either way, that opens up your dial to do some whites and maybe not get hit at all. It's a little more expensive but probably better. R2F2 lets us down again!

How stupid would Wedge with R7T1, PtL and Advanced Proton Torps be? If you can pull it off you're guaranteed a hit on Soontir (if somehow he's in front of you) and you're going to do 2-3 points to Vader, 4-5 to Poe, and 5 guaranteed to anything with 1 agility. But you've really, really got to pull it off with your 41 point T65.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
So, BOLS has the Ghost and the TAP. https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1540253/unboxing-ghost-and-inquisitors-tie-new-spoilers

Lothal Rebel, 34 points PS 3. 2 of them with a 2 point upgrade each and a stresshog. 100 points. 40 loving EHP. Thermal Detonator is an on-reveal-drop bomb, but they didn't spoil the rules card the fucks. Also, the Ghost can torp from its rear arc without the Phantom docked.

Baron of the Empire, 19 points, EPT, PS4. Boo, I think this is probably a point too dear, and certainly a point to dear for what I wanted it for. I'm still tempted to pre-order two >.<

So did anyone else get any loveliness from Amazon yet? Why oh why did I order from my FLGC (because they rule that's why).

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I've looked at Amazon and amazon.co.uk doesn't even have some of them listed for some reason. I've had a brief look at amazon.com and all of them had the 17th release date.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

thespaceinvader posted:

Also, the Ghost can torp from its rear arc without the Phantom docked

lolwut? That seems weird and cool

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Yep.

On another note, I tried something totally new last night...

Guri/Lone Wolf/AT/Virago/Sensor Jammer/Glitterstim
Boba/VI/EU/Glitterstim/Slave 1/Extra Munitions/Concussion Missile/Proxy Mine/K4

Dominated brobots, albeit not very well flown brobots. Guri was tanking 2 or 3 4-dice shots a round for most of the game and tok a single damage.

I really liked it, I'm thinking Guri/Dengar is gonna be my list of choice once Dengar drops.

Trouble with Guri is that she's quite vulnerable if she's the last ship left to certain builds, particularly Omega Leader who turns off basically all of her upgrades :(

I think I'd have to just try to kill the little fucker with Dengar first.

Also tried something new, Jammer Whisper with OL and Omega Ace. I thought it was solid, but running it against 3 Tactician K-Wings was just a recipe for losing in like 4 turns. Ugh, gently caress TLTs seriously. The more I see them (and fortunately they're not that common locally), the more I do wonder whether a nerf might be incoming, I just think they dominate the game too much.

Miranda in particular is just irritating. You donutted me? 4 DICE BITCH. K wings should not have had a PWT.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I like naming my squads more than building them. Going to try this one today since I want to try mini swarms with aces.

Too Soontir, Junior (100)

Soontir Fel (35) - TIE Interceptor
Push The Limit (3), Royal Guard TIE (0), Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1), Shield Upgrade (4)

"Epsilon Leader" (25) - TIE/FO Fighter
Comm Relay (3), Hull Upgrade (3)

Epsilon Squadron Pilot (20) - TIE/FO Fighter
Weapons Guidance (2), Hull Upgrade (3)

Epsilon Squadron Pilot (20) - TIE/FO Fighter
Weapons Guidance (2), Hull Upgrade (3)

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
The Baron generic seems pretty good. PtL and autothrusters and the title at 25 points. Basically a Green Squadron pilot. Not that that's really amazing or anything, but it's interesting.

thespaceinvader posted:

I really liked it, I'm thinking Guri/Dengar is gonna be my list of choice once Dengar drops.

Trouble with Guri is that she's quite vulnerable if she's the last ship left to certain builds, particularly Omega Leader who turns off basically all of her upgrades :(

I think I'd have to just try to kill the little fucker with Dengar first.

Guri also likes the cloaking device that's coming out, not sure if that or glitterstim will be better.

Slab Squatthrust fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Mar 10, 2016

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Ugh, phone posting

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Thermal Detonators are probably 1 damage 1 stress, if they're the same as the ones in the mission rules shown in the video.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

ghetto wormhole posted:

Thermal Detonators are probably 1 damage 1 stress, if they're the same as the ones in the mission rules shown in the video.

They indeed are and range 1. Just saw the rules card for it on BOLS instagram.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

AndyElusive posted:

They indeed are and range 1. Just saw the rules card for it on BOLS instagram.

Points cost? 3+ I'm assuming, or else why use Seismic Charges.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Yup, 3pts.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Adaptability rules revealed!

http://i.imgur.com/C5sgxNV.jpg

Place with your ship at the start of play. Choose which side is up at that time. Can't change it mid-game.

Seems good.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

ConfusedUs posted:

Adaptability rules revealed!

http://i.imgur.com/C5sgxNV.jpg

Place with your ship at the start of play. Choose which side is up at that time. Can't change it mid-game.

Seems good.

I think it would have been neat if you could have flipped them mid-game somehow, but I suppose this is okay too.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Im gonna take a buncha titled A-wings and run both sides at the same time

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Kai Tave posted:

I think it would have been neat if you could have flipped them mid-game somehow, but I suppose this is okay too.

Neat, but that could turn into a huge pain in the rear end to keep track of, over time.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

ConfusedUs posted:

Neat, but that could turn into a huge pain in the rear end to keep track of, over time.

Yeah, I can see that, but at the same time there's already plenty in X-Wing that's ostensibly simpler but a huge pain in the rear end to track (six ships on the board, all of which are trying to target lock each other, ugh).

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

zVxTeflon posted:

Im gonna take a buncha titled A-wings and run both sides at the same time

Wow, they're not Limited or Unique. You could totally but both on a titled A-Wing for anything from -2 to +2 pilot skill. For 0 points.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

ConfusedUs posted:

Wow, they're not Limited or Unique. You could totally but both on a titled A-Wing for anything from -2 to +2 pilot skill. For 0 points.

A-Wing Test Pilot explicitly forbids equipping the same EPT more than once though.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

ConfusedUs posted:

No im going to run both sides concurrently and keep the PS the same

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Adaptability is really useful on Green Squads for tailoring your PS to the game you're fighting. Black Crack swarm? Pump up to PS 4 to lay down some blocks and get simultaneous fire. Bunch of Bandits on the other team? Drop down to PS 2 and block the poo poo out of them.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Thermal Detonators Seismec charge plus stress. Kinda nice on a stresshog maybe?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Gonna put Thermal Detonators on an Advanced Sensors B-Wing/E2 with Sabine Wren and Extra Munitions on board. Preferably Ten Numb with VI and Mangler, so you're choosing whether or not to drop bombs (and whether or not to barrel roll first) at PS 10.

It's a lot of points, sure, but it will absolutely turbofuck aces since there's basically nowhere they can avoid getting whacked by Ten.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

zVxTeflon posted:

No im going to run both sides concurrently and keep the PS the same

Both sides are still the same card.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Thermal Detonators Seismec charge plus stress. Kinda nice on a stresshog maybe?

Deathrain is gonna love those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weirdneal
Jan 2, 2010
So thermal detonators are simply weaker Ion Bombs? Neat.

I don't think the fringe case of "can't take actions during combat phase" really makes up for limiting ships to only green maneuvers vs a 1 straight as with ion bombs. Really only works against ships that are already stressed, like PTL Interceptors, but they're not going to end up in Range 1 of a bomb anyways so it's a moot point.

• Locked thread