Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
holy poo poo I'm looking up more information about this UR Fight thing and

https://www.urshow.tv/Shows

the same company is making "TV shows" featuring: Chael Sonnen on politics, Rampage Jackson learning how to play video games, and Gary Busey giving bedtime stories :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i only did a little bit of cardiology for a couple of years, enough to learn that the guy doing my last ecg didn't know what he was doing, how it worked, or how to read it. lvh can regress with long term blood pressure medications, but the people they study are usually old people with blood pressure problems, i don't know if the same treatment or mechanisms are even applicable if it's caused by steroids

God drat I hope he is ok.

abraham linksys posted:

the same company is making "TV shows" featuring: Chael Sonnen on politics, Rampage Jackson learning how to play video games, and Gary Busey giving bedtime stories :psyduck:

Oh my sweet God this looks amazing.

And in ten years on the forums I just figured out how to quote twice without copy/pasting a bunch of code because I'm dumber than hell.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Captain Log posted:

And in ten years on the forums I just figured out how to quote twice without copy/pasting a bunch of code because I'm dumber than hell.

they only added that a year or two ago if it makes you feel any better :v:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

abraham linksys posted:

It's backed by some big money mark but I don't remember who.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/03/mauro-ranallo-joins-axs-tvs-inside-mma-as-host-alongside-ex-pride-partner-rutten

It seems Kenny Rice is finally bored of being awful as he's leaving Inside MMA. AXS apparently decided to just say gently caress it and replace him with Mauro.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Why couldnt it have been Stephen Quadros..

I miss the Fight Professor

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Justin Gaethje vs Brian Foster is this saturday, also featuring Josh "Cuddly Bear" Copeland

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Decent Invicta card on Fight Pass tonight as well

quote:

Ayaka Hamasaki (104.9) vs. Amber Brown (104.7) (Atomweight title)
Vanessa Porto (124.4) vs. Jennifer Maia (124.6) (Interim Flyweight title)
Stephanie Eggink (115) vs. Angela Hill (115)
Irene Aldana (136.6) vs. Jessamyn Duke (134.9)
Roxanne Modafferi (125.1) vs. DeAnna Bennett (124.5)
Herica Tiburcio (106.9) vs. Jinh Yu Frey (105.5)
Sarah D'Alelio (125.2) vs. Andrea Lee (125.3)
Kelly McGill (135.3) vs. Aspen Ladd (135.9)
Ashley Greenway (115.4) vs. Sarah Click (115.8)

Featuring lots of cosplay

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Haha what the hell

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

e: one more

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
What is the goal/purpose of the Invicta girls who just stand there in spandex? Don't get me wrong, it's a better look than the weird bikini shells the UFC girls wear.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Something about this is really cracking me up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7qZjOMzvcI

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

HEY NONG MAN posted:

What is the goal/purpose of the Invicta girls who just stand there in spandex? Don't get me wrong, it's a better look than the weird bikini shells the UFC girls wear.

people will only watch fights if they get to see titties that cant threaten their masculinity

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
why is there always so much cosplay associated with invicta. is this part of a secret apartment wrestling catalogue.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

origami posted:

Something about this is really cracking me up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7qZjOMzvcI

why is jeff monson on commie dancing with the stars

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

why is jeff monson on commie dancing with the stars

The better question is, why isn't Roy Jones on russian dancing with the stars

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

colonel_korn posted:

Decent Invicta card on Fight Pass tonight as well

Featuring lots of cosplay

Do those guys know they're going to have to punch each other to conclusion in one day

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Syndrome from the incredibles/filthy tom hybrid creature: and when I'm done, and I've had my fun, I'll release my format to the world, so that everyone can dress like a cartoon at weigh ins. And when everyone is a "big personality"... No one is (laughing evil style)

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
I was tutoring an undergrad student and she wrote a paper on this book where some doofus guy goes around and tries to learn philosophy by trying every martial art, and Jeff Monson is apparently prominently featured in it so the paper tried be serious about "the Aesthetics of Jeff Monson" and stuff like that. It was sick

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

Syndrome from the incredibles/filthy tom hybrid creature: and when I'm done, and I've had my fun, I'll release my format to the world, so that everyone can dress like a cartoon at weigh ins. And when everyone is a "big personality"... No one is (laughing evil style)

Lol

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

manyak posted:

I was tutoring an undergrad student and she wrote a paper on this book where some doofus guy goes around and tries to learn philosophy by trying every martial art, and Jeff Monson is apparently prominently featured in it so the paper tried be serious about "the Aesthetics of Jeff Monson" and stuff like that. It was sick

that sounds cool. were the aesthetics just about him looking like ian "the machine" freeman with an inflation fetish or did it mention how he moves like a wounded animal from back problems too

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

that sounds cool. were the aesthetics just about him looking like ian "the machine" freeman with an inflation fetish or did it mention how he moves like a wounded animal from back problems too

Lol i think it had something to do with working class ideology about the male body idealized for its ability to perform physical labor, which is a cool thing to say about a 5'8 260 lb guy who can only get out of bed to north south choke people

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the reason it's no longer customary to include your photo in a cv is because none of the recruiters could figure out if roxy's surname was modaferri or Msc. Computer Science

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

manyak posted:

Lol i think it had something to do with working class ideology about the male body idealized for its ability to perform physical labor, which is a cool thing to say about a 5'8 260 lb guy who can only get out of bed to north south choke people

i know youre not trying be be super accurate, but i met him last year and im 5'10 tops and the top of his head was like below my chin, also he looked terrible and was with a fat toothless woman, and when I said Mr Monson im pretty sure he thought I was going to serve him

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the reason it's no longer customary to include your photo in a cv is because none of the recruiters could figure out if roxy's surname was modaferri or Msc. Computer Science

Lol

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I remember reading an ESPN Magazine article about Jeff Monson, the Anarchist Grappler like ten or twelve years ago and thinking he was pretty cool. I didn't know he was still around or that he is now 59-25 in MMA and 2-0-1 as a boxer, in addition to his various successes as a grappler.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Well if you want to be depressed read about Monson now. He is a subject of a new book and MMAjunkie did a interview with the writer

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/11/new-book-beast-details-daniel-straus-title-struggles-jeff-monsons-detached-retina

quote:

Monson’s struggles to continue his career well into his 40s provide memorable scenes.

Merlino reveals Monson suffered a detached retina, effectively costing him vision in one eye and impacting his depth perception.

“Monson still thought there was a big win out there ahead of him,” Merlino wrote. “The next Abu Dhabi grappling championship tournament was in 2015: If he could win it a third time, that might be it. Or maybe, he thought, he could get back in the UFC. To do that, he realized, he needed to string some wins together.

“But if he couldn’t do that, then what? There was no retirement in this job. He wasn’t going to be like some of the guys now, leaving with money; he’d gotten into it too early. He’d made thirteen thousand dollars when he fought for the UFC title in 2006. Now, he was blind in one eye and could barely sit down.

“Seventeen years, almost seventy fights. He tallied it up. All the bouts, all the grappling, the seminars, the trips here and there, the interviews, the posing for pictures, the injuries: All he had was a small piece of property in Nicaragua and a 2003 Acura sedan.”

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Acura. Nice. That's what Chuck Yaeger drives.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
If Monson wanted to leave the sport with money, he shouldn't have hosed dudes for free :colbert:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

All this talk of old journeymen made me look up prolific fighter and occasional slammer of taekwondo teachers Travis Fulton, who appears to have finally retired with a professional ("professional") record of 251-51-10, which is a lot of fights!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

all i can think of is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaOpBDAJsJc

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

projecthalaxy posted:

All this talk of old journeymen made me look up prolific fighter and occasional slammer of taekwondo teachers Travis Fulton, who appears to have finally retired with a professional ("professional") record of 251-51-10, which is a lot of fights!

i have watched more than one teammate get beat up by travis in person. its impressive that he managed to build a career out of mostly beating up guys who trained as a hobby in college.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
:siren::woop::supaburn::derp:

KIMBO AND KEN FAILED THEIR DRUG TESTS!!!!!

DADA IS AVENGED

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/708408706048925698

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

LobsterMobster posted:

DADA IS AVENGED

i am shock

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I'm actually disappointed Dada 5000 wasn't one of the failures tbh

Now we'll never get Kimbo vs Royce

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Bubba Smith posted:

I'm actually disappointed Dada 5000 wasn't one of the failures tbh

this man gave his heart during the fight and now you want him to give his piss and his fight purse???

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
It's already been overturned to a No Contest apparently so Dada 5000 remains undefeated in his MMA career.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

LobsterMobster posted:

DADA IS AVENGED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBzJGckMYO4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Le Saboteur posted:

It's already been overturned to a No Contest apparently so Dada 5000 remains undefeated in his MMA career.

The only loser in that fight is me, the viewer.