Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Stuntman posted:

You, a cis person, clearly know more about somebody else's gender identity than themselves. Thanks for clearing that up, I was confused for a second. Do you have plat? I'd love for you to stalk me and let me know if I'm actually trans too, seeing as you happen to be an authority on the subject.

Source your quotes. Only LoB gets to use this gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Stuntman posted:

You, a cis person, clearly know more about somebody else's gender identity than themselves. Thanks for clearing that up, I was confused for a second. Do you have plat? I'd love for you to stalk me and let me know if I'm actually trans too, seeing as you happen to be an authority on the subject.

Uh, I'm going to assume you didn't know that chitoryu12 identifies as Awful-kin and posts as such as a result. Please be more considerate.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Can we please not do this here it never ends well

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, I know about that. I personally don't think he's actually transgender and is just really warped in the head and has hosed up ideas about gender and sexuality, but that's definitely not a discussion for this thread.

It's pretty uncool to misgender someone just because because they're an internet famous autist. It's less uncool than stalking them or painstakingly documenting their life on- and offline, but still pretty uncool. If you don't think it's a discussion worth having, why did you feel the need to air your stinky opinion on the matter?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Someone threw a grenade in here and you're all kicking it back and forth

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Some folks on Twitter have been using #TheTriggering to protest against the existance of trigger warnings by posting the most triggering content they can find. They seem to be confused about how those work, though.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

paradoxGentleman posted:

Some folks on Twitter have been using #TheTriggering to protest against the existance of trigger warnings by posting the most triggering content they can find. They seem to be confused about how those work, though.

Wow! That's edgy!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

oh me too me too um hahaha um.... #TheTriggering

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

paradoxGentleman posted:

Some fuckin white-hot takes right here.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

That guy from the Fallout Equestria thing also posted it under #TheTriggering, along with this:

I am one of those people who has no problems with fanfiction in generalm, but god damnit, learn some loving humility.

paradoxGentleman has a new favorite as of 19:12 on Mar 10, 2016

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

paradoxGentleman posted:

That guy from the Fallout Equestria thing also posted it under #TheTriggering, along with this:

I am one of those people who has no problems with fanfiction in generalm, but god damnit, learn some loving humility.

Humility? Dude needs to become aware of reality before he can worry about humility. MLP Fanfiction can only make the world an actively worse place to live in.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

paradoxGentleman posted:

What's their argument behind a Gender Studies degree being worth less than their MLP Fallout story? Is it that gender studies is somehow inherently valueless, or that their book somehow paints a better picture of gender issues or something? I assume the former, but I'm always interested to know.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

SpacePig posted:

What's their argument behind a Gender Studies degree being worth less than their MLP Fallout story?

You should know by now that the length and breadth of such analyses is "lol sjw"

EDIT: I'm in favor of wordfiltering that acronym, but I feel it should be filtered to something skeleton-related. :(

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Good thing people are tagging their posts #thetriggering, kind of like how people tag stuff with trigger warnings so you can avoid them! :3:

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
e: never mind, missed the context

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

paradoxGentleman posted:

Lol, the whole hashtag was started by Alex Jones and info wars.

howling_mad
May 11, 2014

Stuntman posted:

What is a cis person? I'm only in my 30s, I can't be that out of the loop...hopefully.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

howling_mad posted:

What is a cis person? I'm only in my 30s, I can't be that out of the loop...hopefully.

Someone's whose gender matches their genitalia.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

howling_mad posted:

IIRC, latin for "on the same side", denoting a person whose gender identity matches the sex they were assigned at birth. It's used as a foil for "trans".

e:f,b

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I feel like I'm about to step on a landmine, but isn't cis another term for normal?

Or is that the purpose? Whereas we might normally say those 9 people over there are normal and that one person right there is trans, now it's 9 cis and 1 trans, which avoids an abnormal label for the odd man/woman out.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Krispy Kareem posted:

Or is that the purpose? Whereas we might normally say those 9 people over there are normal and that one person right there is trans, now it's 9 cis and 1 trans, which avoids an abnormal label for the odd man/woman out.

I'm no expert on trans issues but this sounds about right to me.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

Krispy Kareem posted:

I feel like I'm about to step on a landmine, but isn't cis another term for normal?

It's removing "normal" from the conversation, so we don't think of one identity as the baseline gender/biology

Just trying to respond before all the passive-aggressive responses you're going to get

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Krispy Kareem posted:

Yes. When you label groups as normal and transsexual, then you are implying that the transsexuals are abnormal. Cis- is the antonym of the latin prefix Trans-. Trans- means across and Cis- means on the same side. Compare to the Roman provinces, Transalpine Gaul, which is the part of Gaul across the Alps, and Cisalpine Gaul, whihc is the part of Gaul on the Italian side of the Alps.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

You could also look at it as "abnormal" suggests that trans people require intervention to make them "normal", which the psychiatric and medical community has determined does absolutely nothing for them. But that's not necessarily a bad question if you don't have a huge background on it.

Public page:

"We don't have a racism problem! We have a black problem."

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

[–]cock_pussy_up
Trannies = mutilated men emulating women, or mutilated women emulating men. Sorry SJWs, but that's just true. Men who get surgery to pretend to be women still look like men to me, and are sexually unattractive.

[–]cock_pussy_up
Those men impersonating women don't look right. Its obvious they've had lots of surgery to look like women, but they still look a bit off. Whereas a real, genuine woman looks right naturally. I don't want any tranny mutilated man, I want a real woman.

[–]cock_pussy_up
Women's rights typically reduce birthrates. I'm not condemning women's rights. I'm just stating facts.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Women's rights typically reduce birthrates. I'm not condemning women's rights. I'm just stating facts.

Not exactly a terrible outcome

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

E: refresh before replying.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
You have to love it when an elected official does stupid poo poo. Paul Couturier the North Attleboro MA town rep is under fire for posting this:

Going through his page is a goldmine:

Lots more I can't be bothered to post right now.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

china bot posted:

Not exactly a terrible outcome

Parents hiring K9 teams to find drugs in their own homes by SadOcean44 in news
[–]cock_pussy_up
Just make sure they're trained to distinguish between the bad illegal drugs and the all of the good legal ones you use to keep little Johnny heavily sedated and zombified.

[–]cock_pussy_up
Bullshit shrinks can pull bullshit bullshitzophrenia diagnoses out of their assholes at will. It is like a magic trick.
More money for the pharmaceutical industry.

[–]cock_pussy_up
Transgender or crossdressers can use the bathroom loophole to get their perv on, and nobody can criticize them without igniting the SJW attack squad.

[–]cock_pussy_up
Pedophilia is when creepy western men are attracted to 21 year old young women instead of infertile 55 yo women. If Muslim immigrants rape and pimp 8 year olds that is just their culture, so it is okay. /s

[–]cock_pussy_up
Women like to be told what to do.

[–]cock_pussy_up
Why do girls/women always seem to spawn with these types of men? Oh well.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

OptimusShr posted:

Lots more I can't be bothered to post right now.

I'm an abotionist and this offends my soul on a primordial level.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lottery of Babylon posted:

[–]cock_pussy_up
Transgender or crossdressers can use the bathroom loophole to get their perv on, and nobody can criticize them without igniting the SJW attack squad.

A good filter

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
What's the original word? SJW?

Edit: Bingo.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Click to enlarge.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
She survived 14 whole years so she's obviously in the clear of any future diseases.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Dreddout posted:

I'm an abotionist and this offends my soul on a primordial level.

Are you really? Do you have an ask/tell thread? That actually sounds like it would be interesting.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

DicktheCat posted:

Are you really? Do you have an ask/tell thread? That actually sounds like it would be interesting.

We can all be Todd Bowden :yayclod:

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

I'm Kermit Gosnell irl.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

BgRdMchne posted:

I'm Kermit Gosnell irl.

how much cat poo poo does it take to abort a baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I lifted this from a giant rambling paragraph.

quote:

Mr. Donald J. Trump works 16-18 hour days every day - he is a work alcoholic.

a work alcoholic, you guys