Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

paranoid randroid posted:

otoh, why bother obliterating a motherfucker when hes already proven powerless to stop you from plundering his world down to the bedrock and hes so patently beneath you. Gog-Agog got a faceful of PERISH because she is nominally Mottoms equal, and you dont want to stand for lip from someone in a position to threaten you. this guy? who gives a poo poo, let him strew bones all over the place.

e. like, whats he gonna do, incite a rebellion? oh no, where ever could Mottom get the resources to crush one of those.

I don't think the personification of gluttony is going to care too much about excess though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
I'm starting to think that all the short stories attached to the pages are nothing but farmer-related propaganda.

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

MikeJF posted:

The big zoomout at the end was in the void.

According to the tumblr, Mottom's will is so powerful it's like she carries real space with her when in the void, which is how the assembled palace can travel so conveniently. I assume the other Demiurges might be the same.

Yeah, I always assumed it was that unlike Allison, Mottom's soul IS powerful enough to cast a body in the void. What we see here is her flesh-and-blood body; what we saw in the conference in the Void is who she is on the inside.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i really hope she's actually also a hosed up ghoul IRL because the ugly on the inside thing would be be really corny

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

i really hope she's actually also a hosed up ghoul IRL because the ugly on the inside thing would be be really corny

I guess I can see that, it certainly sounds corny. I don't much care for the whole "well she's an evil witch, so obviously she'll have a hideous appearance" either. Overall minor quibble though.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

she'd be doing pretty good considering. when a kalpa old you reach, look as good you will not.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
yeah because nothing about this comic has been formulaic or corny yet

embrace the grain

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

she'd be doing pretty good considering. when a kalpa old you reach, look as good you will not.

Doubt she's that old.

Has there been any indication how long the age of the black emperors has been, actually?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Enough time for certain ruled worlds to forget it's ever been otherwise, which suggests something over a thousand years.

It certainly won't have been even close to one kalpa, the demiurges are very long lived but they are still mortal.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Renaissance Robot posted:

Enough time for certain ruled worlds to forget it's ever been otherwise, which suggests something over a thousand years.

It certainly won't have been even close to one kalpa, the demiurges are very long lived but they are still mortal.

Killable maybe, but they may be able to stave off natural death indefinitely. I could believe Gog-Agog is some kind of hive intelligence of worms that basically can reproduce and sustain itself forever, for instance. It's likely that Jadis has suspended her animation in the process of preserving herself in glass, and therefore can likely exist until that glass is broken and her body destroyed. Mottom may have some kind of a lich situation going on there, where she mummified her body with dubious (if not outright evil) magics. Mammon is a Servant, and therefore apparently biologically immortal. Jagganoth may just be so powerful that death can't lay a finger on him. There has been speculation that Incubus is no longer truly corporeal.

As for Solomon David, he's clearly the most well-preserved of the humans. Wonder what his secret is? Maybe he's just too cool to get old.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Mr. Lobe posted:

As for Solomon David, he's clearly the most well-preserved of the humans. Wonder what his secret is? Maybe he's just too cool to get old.

He has a strict vegetarian diet and a good fitness trainer.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
e:no

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Mr. Lobe posted:

Killable maybe, but they may be able to stave off natural death indefinitely. I could believe Gog-Agog is some kind of hive intelligence of worms that basically can reproduce and sustain itself forever, for instance. It's likely that Jadis has suspended her animation in the process of preserving herself in glass, and therefore can likely exist until that glass is broken and her body destroyed. Mottom may have some kind of a lich situation going on there, where she mummified her body with dubious (if not outright evil) magics. Mammon is a Servant, and therefore apparently biologically immortal. Jagganoth may just be so powerful that death can't lay a finger on him. There has been speculation that Incubus is no longer truly corporeal.

virtually everyone of note is immortal (but not invulnerable) in KSBD, whether through their basic nature (everyone but humans) or through mastery of the cosmos (the demiurges), and in a society of undying beings the demiurges have still been in power for an inordinately long time

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 11, 2016

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Mr. Lobe posted:

[Cool] black [flame] don't crack.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Mr. Lobe posted:

100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running

EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

I'm loving the guy standing next to Pyran Sor.

Clearly incredibly stoked that he's finally getting to use his Unfolding Rose Opens All Caskets martial arts training.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

MikeJF posted:

Doubt she's that old.

Has there been any indication how long the age of the black emperors has been, actually?

Renaissance Robot posted:

Mr. Lobe posted:

quote:

Q : Given that the flames of true royalty are powerful enough to lay waste to armies, rend the land asunder, and - quite importantly - bring black rains, is the reason Mottom and Jagganoth's flesh is decayed while the Solomon and Incubus's flesh is not a result of the way and frequency in which their power is used?

A: Each demiurge has figured out their own way to laugh at death. Some are more corrosive than others.

quote:

Q: How many demiurges precisely existed ? Were some of them born in Throne ?

A: There were less than ten thousand Demiurges to start, which grew into a much larger society once the worlds were opened up to Throne. A lot of the demiurges of Zoss’ time were considered the old guard or elders of the demiurges, who formed its ruling council and the core decision making group of the Concordance (the huge debate hall where they ruled democratically - with Zoss’ oversight of course).

The expansion of the demiurges came with people from outlying worlds or the offspring of those in Throne. They became demiurges through ambition or power, either inherited or seized. These new demiurges were not of the original cadre that broke into Throne, and tended to be slightly weaker in their power and looser in their moral codes. This expansion was so extreme that by the time the second conquest was at it’s zenith and the Universal War was starting, the population of demiurges in Throne was closer to two or three million.

None of the old guard, save Zoss, survived the Universal War, and many were dead from old age or disease by the time it started. None of the current seven who rule the universe are from the original old guard, but they were all alive for at least part of the war (which lasted for nearly a century in its various forms), and in many cases are products of that era of strife, which made them perfect recipients of its legacy.

-----------------

quote:

quote:

Q: is solomon david a cool dude to know? like, is he anyone's pal, or is he as likely to smite/smash/slice someone as any of the other demiurges

A: Solomon David is regarded as just, even-handed, and incredibly brutal by most of his subjects. As god-emperor of the powerful Celestial Empire, his dictatorship has uplifted countless societies and crushed countless more into dust. Most people live their daily lives with a high degree of safety, industry, and prosperity under his rule, if not freedom.

Signs point to yes

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Superstring posted:

I think the real bet is whether he goes out in messy chunks or a fine powder/mist.

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/708460129583169536

My vote is for "messy."

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-4-66/

The good queen is merciful.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Not a stand in.

is that good
Apr 14, 2012
Whoever's job it is to clean that up is going to have a lovely day, just because I'm guessing that's like several inches into the floor.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Anyone who didn't predict "dies horribly" should be ashamed of themselves.

Ixjuvin posted:

100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running

EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

That won't do anything at all, it's just regular strength training

You also need to make sure you don't use air conditioning

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Irony!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

team overhead smash posted:

Anyone who didn't predict "dies horribly" should be ashamed of themselves.

I think it would be more accurate to call this "living horribly".

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder if he is still conscious or not.

Anyways, clearly I underestimated how theatric Mottom would be. Evidently she takes her status as a goddess seriously, and is evidently fond of the Greek school of ironic transformation as divine punishment.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I wish there was a side panel of Allison's reaction to that. Seems like a missed opportunity.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mr. Lobe posted:

That is the question, isn't it. If he's not, it's just another form of death. If he is, it's something really awful. I suspect he is.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Cryophage posted:

There's still room for the ironic punishment! She does have an audience to awe, after all.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I know it's not going to happen, but I so want Allison to just step up to this broad and make a huge scene.

And then when Mottom does the whole theatric "what is thy name, brave girl" act in preparation for another horrible punishment, Alison answers, "Kill Six Billion Demons."

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

MikeJF posted:

That is the question, isn't it. If he's not, it's just another form of death. If he is, it's something really awful. I suspect he is.

I dunno, achieving enlightenment in tree-form seems like an attainable goal.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Of course he's conscious, he wouldn't feel the terrible pain of his fruit being torn away otherwise.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I wonder if that's how she makes all those beautiful trees in her palace.

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Anyone attempting to put him out of his misery presumably suffers the following fate:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr. Lobe posted:

Anyways, clearly I underestimated how theatric Mottom would be. Evidently she takes her status as a goddess seriously, and is evidently fond of the Greek school of ironic transformation as divine punishment.

Yeah, I was just expecting an explosion, but that's far more sadistic than I took her for; I figured her too short-tempered or otherwise uncaring to go to these lengths. That, or it is a substitute (Cio can use the Art as well, after all) who is both more pleasant on the eyes than Mottom and who puts on a better show. Either way, wow.

And while him still being conscious would fit, even dying in such a painful way would be pretty unpleasant. That was pretty brutal regardless.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Contemplate this as the tree of woe.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

The Lord of Hats posted:

I dunno, achieving enlightenment in tree-form seems like an attainable goal.

Reach heaven through xylem.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
guest comic by that guy from The Wotch

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot
Brilliant bit of artistic cruelty. I love it.

Mottom doesn't even let the rebellious King die a martyr death, instead turning him into a suffering symbol of her overwhelming power and rule with a spark of refined sadistic irony. It shows you just how adept these Demiurges are at being godlike oppressors. She's probably seen something similiar to this before, plausibly many many times, and enjoys the opportunity to demonstrate her flair for dramatic subjugation.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Haystack posted:

Reach heaven through xylem.

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Meanwhile Alison like, wait, what was my plan here again?