Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Jewel Repetition posted:

Alright, let me just try to stump the Trump here... aaaaaaaaand I've lost my job, been nationally humiliated, or literally died.

Lolling on the bus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

lol @ parents who think a 10yo needs to be protected from an oblique dick reference, but i'm honestly more confused at the apparently large number of people who think tv debates are a meaningful contribution to public democracy and make their kids watch them or run mockups

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/708036110019141634

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010

"Anti-Immigrant Song"

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/alexburnsNYT/status/708041030143250432

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

John McGraw, the 78-year-old Donald Trump supporter caught attacking a protester, defended his actions in an interview posted by Inside Edition on Thursday.

“He deserved it,” McGraw said of the protester, Rakeem Jones. “The next time we see him, we might have to kill him. We don’t know who he is. He might be with a terrorist organization.”

McGraw was arrested and charged with assault and battery and disorderly conduct for punching Jones during a Trump event in Fayetteville, North Carolina on Wednesday.

But he showed no remorse for his actions in the interview, saying, “You bet I liked it. Knocking the hell out of that big mouth.”

The suspect justified the attack by saying, “Number one, we don’t know if he’s ISIS. We don’t know who he is, but we know he’s not acting like an American.

e: http://www.rawstory.com/2016/03/trump-supporter-threatens-protester-after-sucker-punch-next-time-we-see-him-we-might-have-to-kill-him/

Here's a link to a short video of the interview if you'd like to hear a man advocate for pre-emptive defensive executions.

Bethamphetamine fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Mar 10, 2016

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

:yikes:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i love trump and will literally kill a man

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

:whitewater:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

oh you're randbrick huh

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

hahahahahha yesss YESSSSSS

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I feel like you should have gilded the part where he said next time they were going to kill him

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Yeah I don't think those Trump unfavorables are going anywhere

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
LOL: “Number one, we don’t know if he’s ISIS. We don’t know who he is, but we know he’s not acting like an American.”

IF ONLY HE ACTED MORE WHITE, I WOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO ATTACK HIM!!!:tinfoil:

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Montasque posted:

Breitbart has taken Trump's side and suspsended the reporter.

Jesus.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Jesus Christ.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

But he showed no remorse for his actions in the interview, saying, “You bet I liked it. Knocking the hell out of that big mouth.”

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
I can't wait to see Trump's answer when they read him those quotes tonight.

Jake Tapper is a total lightweight so he may not even go there, sadly.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Slate Action posted:

Yeah I don't think those Trump unfavorables are going anywhere

I hope this puts the lie to the idea that white nationalism isn't a big part of the platform

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Florida Man has finally found the candidate that best represents him in all his multifaceted glory.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Al! posted:

I feel like you should have gilded the part where he said next time they were going to kill him

I just assumed that everyone following this thread was already on the same page - peaceful, legal protesters are going to be beaten to death at Trump rallies before election day.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Al! posted:

I hope this puts the lie to the idea that white nationalism isn't a big part of the platform

Its certainly unhealthy nationalism. I know too many Hispanics for Trump to say its just white though. 'gently caress everyone not from here, and I may be too stupid to tell whose from here' seems to be the heart of the platform though.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:swoon:

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
Hey now Trump only promised to legally defend the security guys if they roughed up a protester. Totally different!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
That's actually pretty hosed up and all due trouble coming to that guy needs to be aired out nationally to remind people they don't live in some loving Heavy Metal cartoon.

Yet anyway.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

lol nothing matters

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

For that matter how do I know you all aren't ISISes?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
lol nothing matters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3scctsGFng

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

the 2016 lover posted:

Tommy, I want you to listen very carefully. I need you to run. Run as fast as you can, and as far as you can.

I'm scared Daddy

I'm scared too. Now RUN!!!! RUN TOMMY DON'T LOOK BACK!!! DON'T... LOOK... BACK!!!!

Trump mostly comes out at night. Mostly.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Virgin Islands coming in soon folks. Big stuff.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Joementum posted:

Also worth pointing out that this is an argument over whether the presumptive nominee of the Republican Party for President of the United States accurately labels the steaks he had on stage during a major political victory speech.

lol nothing matters

Joementum posted:

lol nothing matters

you ok joe

baw fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 10, 2016

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Good poo poo from Kaleb Horton. If you don't read his stuff already I recommend him.

Anyway: http://www.mtv.com/news/2752425/donald-trump-michael-savage/

quote:

[Michael] Savage long ago spotted a market for stroking the egos of disenfranchised white conservatives. He’s been in that racket ever since self-publishing his first book, The Death of the White Male, in 1991. But merely pandering to your audience doesn’t get you his kind of numbers and staying power. You have to be entertaining. And Savage has a strong grasp of how to make a sentence funny and dramatic and human. His language is colorful. He’s a personality. That’s how he hooks you.

Then he pummels you over the head, humiliates and shames you, with three words: Borders. Language. Culture. America will implode, he tells you, if we don’t take extremely aggressive measures to preserve all three. To Savage, maintaining the white American status quo is our primary moral obligation as citizens. He repeats this as loud and as often as he can, a little Howard Beale, a little Lonesome Rhodes, in perpetuity.

quote:

If this is all starting to sound just a touch too familiar, it’s because it’s spiritually akin to the modus operandi of Donald Trump, who — just in case you recently threw your computer away and started, then abandoned, your own agrarian society — is currently on track to be the GOP’s nominee for president.

Trump is big, theatrical, an actor who’s played a pissed-off guy so long he’s forgotten where the act ends and reality begins. But it’s not just any pissed-off guy, this character. It’s a pissed-off guy at work with you, the alienated and disenfranchised member of the working class. It’s all so very familiar. Trump’s oratorical melody, his off-the-cuff presentation, the way he’s always giving a face that says “come on, I don’t do speeches, losers do speeches” — these are all terms of endearment to the right audience. Where the pundit class keeps screwing up when it comes to Trump is in overstating the man’s novelty and otherness. His attitude has been around a while, just not in the places where the cameras like to go looking, and to suggest he’s a new breed just alienates those outside the coastal media hubs. It creates a strangeness where many people don’t see a strangeness. It reveals ignorance of huge swaths of America — or worse, deliberate oblivion.

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

i'm the unsolicited "i have big hands, we can compare hands after this" defense

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Regence posted:

reminder that Venom Snake is a literal paid Hillary shill, as in they actually literally take a paycheck from her campaign. they've been aruguing in bad faith/melting down in this thread for the last 6 months, its not gonna change when you pointlessly argue with them THIS TIME.
This makes his inability to use "your" and "you're" correctly even funnier.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Not a Step posted:

Its certainly unhealthy nationalism. I know too many Hispanics for Trump to say its just white though. 'gently caress everyone not from here, and I may be too stupid to tell whose from here' seems to be the heart of the platform though.

there's actually a really easy way that trump followers are using to tell who belongs and who doesn't

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

can you guess what it is?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Tim Miller is a former Jeb guy getting his revenge. That Trump surrogate was very low energy.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
lol nothing matters

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Kasich 2016

In Ohio / Of Ohio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

anyone else notice how that guy used trump's own "I don't know who this is, we gotta be cautious" rhetoric to justify attacking a brown person on site

• Locked thread