Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Kitty
Sep 29, 2007

Here kitty, kitty, kitty.

Shageletic posted:

The first season of Homeland? Its made by the same guy who did 24. Don't tempt fate by going beyond the season 1 finale. There be dragons.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy miniseries? Wasn't there a recent German show about the Cold War in East Berlin that critics have been raving about? Trying to remember...

Oh yeah and Jericho.

Deutschland 83. Cold war spies and great 80s music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It takes place around the same time as The Americans. They both watch Reagan's speech and it starts some poo poo.

Deutschland 83 ist gut

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Deutschland 83 Is dope as gently caress. It's just a shame it was on a channel hardly anybody watches or even gets. (Sundance Channel)

Which is a cool channel that allows full frontal nudity and violence and cussing.

It's also got a sweet intro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6PRasQ0dAA

Gonz fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Mar 10, 2016

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9Pf1-B_fOU
Aw dip, Walton Goggins and Danny McBride in an HBO comedy series?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

IRQ posted:

Terrorist Prison is but a step away from Space Prison. Come on Prison Break, you can do it!

However, I find the lack of T-Bag disturbing. How awesome would it be for him to creep on Al Qaida dudes?

They have to escape from the undersea prison and prison in the center of the earth before going to space prison.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Vodos posted:

Deutschland 83, it's pretty good.

That's the one. I'll get right on it right after my great Mad Men rewatch of 2016.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Doghouse posted:

The only TV shows I like are of the spy/thriller/action/intrigue/mystery variety: 24, Homeland, The Americans, these shows are like cocaine. But I've watched all the episodes of all three, is there anything else at all in a similar vein that I am missing? I tried The Wire but I found it boring and could barely make it through one episode.

You might enjoy the first four seasons of Spooks.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
bojack horseman

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah I'm watching the poo poo out of this.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
There's no way for that to not be great. I haven't clicked that link yet, I don't know what the pitch is. If those two are the leads, it's gonna be so fun to watch.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Snak posted:

There's no way for that to not be great. I haven't clicked that link yet, I don't know what the pitch is. If those two are the leads, it's gonna be so fun to watch.

I said the same thing about Ballers.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jesus christ it's like House of Cards set in a highschool with an even better cast

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

zoux posted:

You must say a lot of dumb poo poo then, cause neither Walton Goggins nor Danny McBride are in Ballers. The Rock has the talent of neither (though he certainly does have talent, that's not meant as a slight).

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
still watching season 1 of Gotham.

why the gently caress are they doing this Fish organ farm subplot? I would say that it better be going somewhere, but even if it did it wouldn't justify spending this much time on this one character who should've actually just died

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
In a show full of terrible characters "Fish Mooney" is easily the worst and nothing she does matters at all and all her stories are dumb and pointless.

Fortunately there are 2 great characters and like 3 okay characters to help balance out the lovely ones.

I don't miss watching that show at all though.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

boom boom boom posted:

spending this much time on this one character who should've actually just died

Good news about season 2!

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I almost made it through the first season of Gotham and I hear the second season is better and I even loved Rome after it got canceled and turned into the Forrest Gump of Roman history and it almost makes me pick up Gotham again...

...and then I remember that I never really liked watching it in the first place.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

IRQ posted:

Good news about season 2!

everyone but Nygma and The Penguin die and the show becomes about the two of them running a bakery?

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
I'm starting to watch Limitless because of the hype in this thread, but the first few episodes have been really boring CBS procedural poo poo (just finished episode 3). Does it get better or is it not for me if I'm not enjoying what I'm seeing so far? Is there a specific episode I should watch out for that'll let me know if this is right for me?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

This looks so good and I will watch the poo poo out of it, but I kind of hope McBride plays the straight man.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

drainpipe posted:

I'm starting to watch Limitless because of the hype in this thread, but the first few episodes have been really boring CBS procedural poo poo (just finished episode 3). Does it get better or is it not for me if I'm not enjoying what I'm seeing so far? Is there a specific episode I should watch out for that'll let me know if this is right for me?

Try watching until/skipping ahead to episode 7 "Brian Finch's Black Op"

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

boom boom boom posted:

everyone but Nygma and The Penguin die and the show becomes about the two of them running a bakery?

A musical bakery. The exhaust for their oven is a pipe organ.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

They did start hanging out and became best buddies.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

FadingChord posted:

I almost made it through the first season of Gotham and I hear the second season is better and I even loved Rome after it got canceled and turned into the Forrest Gump of Roman history and it almost makes me pick up Gotham again...

...and then I remember that I never really liked watching it in the first place.

Rome was like that from the very beginning. Titus was the cause of the civil war and found all the gold. Caesar himself said that the gods were looking out for them

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Tonight, on Gotham; Gordon confronts the super corrupt police commissioner in the middle of the police station, tells him he knows about all his dark secrets, punches him in the cock, scuffs his shoes, loudly proclaims that he is definitely gonna see the commissioner fired, publicly shamed and sent to jail forever, then spits in his face and calls him a oval office.

And somehow isn't fired or murdered.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Time for another round of Good News/Bad News!

Good News:
Amazon is bringing back The Tick!

Bad News:
Pretty much nobody who was involved with the older version will be back, no Patrick Warburton.

They haven't actually cast the new Tick yet.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Can't believe they can say the word oval office on prime time these days

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

sbaldrick posted:

I kind of hope McBride plays the straight man.

Do you know who Danny McBride is? He has one character

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Time for another round of Good News/Bad News!

Good News:
Amazon is bringing back The Tick!

Bad News:
Pretty much nobody who was involved with the older version will be back, no Patrick Warburton.

They haven't actually cast the new Tick yet.

live action or animated?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

live action or animated?

Sounds like it's live action. So far they've cast:

Griffin Newman as Arthur

And

Valorie Curry as Arthur's sister Dot

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

boom boom boom posted:

I mean kiiiiiinda? They're BFFs now. Gordon and Donal Logue never bothered me and they're still good, better even especially in Gordon's case because has ceased to give a singe gently caress. Lil Bruce is also a lot better and Alfred is a badass now.

It's still the same show, I'm not saying it's not, but they've definitely sharpened up on what's actually good.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I will admit, I do like how they handled Bruce. I imagine it was pretty tempting to just make him Kid Batman. But aside from a preternatural aptitude for discovering accountancy irregularities, he's been reasonably realistic

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

zoux posted:

Ballets didn't have the creators of Eastbound and Down backing them up.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

zoux posted:

I loved Ballers

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

boom boom boom posted:

Tonight, on Gotham; Gordon confronts the super corrupt police commissioner in the middle of the police station, tells him he knows about all his dark secrets, punches him in the cock, scuffs his shoes, loudly proclaims that he is definitely gonna see the commissioner fired, publicly shamed and sent to jail forever, then spits in his face and calls him a oval office.

And somehow isn't fired or murdered.

I literally can't tell if this is something that actually happens or a parody of the bunch of times he's basically done this. Okay I can tell, but only because the can't say "oval office" on tv.

Donal Logue is great because he's Donal Logue.

Gordon is like, the boringest character who is passable as a protagonist. He's just like "I'm gonna get really mad about the status quo and... not ever succeed at finding an approach that could fix it!" When in doubt, yell and shoot!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The "Gordon cleans up the GCPD" plotline kind of has to tread water seeing as he can't actually succeed since Gotham has to be enough of a shithole to need a Batman.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The "Gordon cleans up the GCPD" plotline kind of has to tread water seeing as he can't actually succeed since Gotham has to be enough of a shithole to need a Batman.

He should succeed, but then someone fucks it up in the most hilarious way possible.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Yeah, so maybe if I was a writer on the show I would stop trying to push a storyline that literally can't go anywhere.

He should succeed, and then DIE and it turns out it was a different Jim Gordon all along. :master:

edit: Donal Logue changes his name to Jim Gordon to honor his memory and then hooks up with Barbara.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RIP Henry James Gordon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Escobarbarian posted:

Can't believe they can say the word oval office on prime time these days

What show got away with that?

• Locked thread