Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Anora posted:

Does Pathfinder have any blue on her? That seems awfully piss yellow for something that was a camo green, then mostly Blue.

I thought the gold Cosmos on Computron's arm was Scrounge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Rhyno posted:

Something is clearly wrong with Megatron. My guess is the Fool's Energon is making him unstable and he knows that a dose of true energon would physically restore him but might turn him back into the monster he was. So he'll probably dose back up, crush the DJD but he'll be evil again and won't come back to the ship with the rest of them.

We are due the return of those two, they'll probably take care of the mutiny quite quickly.

The fool's energon didn't stop him from being evil though. He only started taking it after he had a desire to redeem himself. Bumblebee's death, wearing the Autobot badge, the trial. All of which he was on regular energon.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The fool's energon is going to make things pretty difficult in the short term, though.

Who was the green Skids/Crosscut guy standing with those other guys?

Also, no going back from all these things. Those things are serious things that happened and are about to happen. Things won't be going back to normal after this.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Also, no going back from all these things. Those things are serious things that happened and are about to happen. Things won't be going back to normal after this.

I was thinking the same thing. Is the Rodpod's quantum engine a new thing? Are we leading into MTMTE's equivalent of Red Dwarf series 6?

Roach Warehouse fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Mar 10, 2016

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
MtMtE becomes the adventures of Rodimus and Team Rodimus in the Rodpod, on a quest to find the Knights of Rod--Cybertron

Niccy Bones
Mar 27, 2011
Really hope they kill off/get rid of Rodimus. Getaway's completely right/justified.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The whole arc raises a host of uncomfortable (in a good way) questions on crime, punishment, justice, mental illness, and rehabilitation, with no easy answers.

I'm just glad Ravage made it back in one piece because I honestly thought Tarn was going to waste him there and then.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

RaspberryCommie posted:

The fool's energon didn't stop him from being evil though. He only started taking it after he had a desire to redeem himself. Bumblebee's death, wearing the Autobot badge, the trial. All of which he was on regular energon.

Yes buy Velocity said it might alter his personality and having seen how he reacts to that notion he might be willing to risk death rather than risk a chemically induced reversion.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Roach Warehouse posted:

Also where's Thunderclash in all this?

Not to mention Perceptor. I'd guess that not everyone's in on the mutiny like Getaway implied.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Who was the green Skids/Crosscut guy standing with those other guys?

Hoist.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They cant risk killing Thunderclash because he's a living legend so if anything he's in the brig.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

There's this guy printing some pretty deece Combiner feet, he lives super near me and I know him from other TF forums, so I might give it a shot for price. he's planning hands too but is in the design phase.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Before I forget again I thought I would share this little vintage transforming guy I have in the collection. He's from a Japanese company called Select, which I haven't located any info on from light searching yet, but with a name like that it makes googling darn tricky.

And yes, the roller spins when you pull the lever :3:

Rhyno posted:

Good question.

I really love Megatron as he is now and killing him off or reverting him will suck.

I rather like that between this and TF Prime we're getting a reformed Megatron theme in the fictions. Having a character that can see the consequences of what they have done and have to deal with them is a really cool thing for them to explore. While I'm not keeping much of an eye on the new RID cartoon I hope they bring that at some point. Give the kids some perspective in their cartoons.

I also hope for the IDW comics they keep him as he is, or at least make sure to never get dumb and lazy and have him go back to monstrous dictator whatever road he takes.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Captain Blaargh posted:

Before I forget again I thought I would share this little vintage transforming guy I have in the collection. He's from a Japanese company called Select, which I haven't located any info on from light searching yet, but with a name like that it makes googling darn tricky.

I had one of those when I was a tiny child! There was also a red one that had a roulette wheel in his tummy.

A quick bit of detective work brings up this page: http://plasticandplush.com/2015/08/retro-review-the-convertors.html

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Between the Hasbro and Takara Hardhead Headmaster are there any big differences between the two? I'm thinking of getting the Takara one because I have a better chance of getting that version then trying to find the Hasbro version at a decent price.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Captain Blaargh posted:

I rather like that between this and TF Prime we're getting a reformed Megatron theme in the fictions. Having a character that can see the consequences of what they have done and have to deal with them is a really cool thing for them to explore. While I'm not keeping much of an eye on the new RID cartoon I hope they bring that at some point. Give the kids some perspective in their cartoons.

I also hope for the IDW comics they keep him as he is, or at least make sure to never get dumb and lazy and have him go back to monstrous dictator whatever road he takes.

Didn't Megatron also face some kind of actual justice at the end of Animated (rather than getting blown up)? More kid's shows should steer away from the Disney "bad guy dies in a way that's not directly the hero's fault" ending. Like I always wondered who told Gaston's mom that her baby is dead 15 minutes after the end of Beauty and the Beast.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Didn't Megatron also face some kind of actual justice at the end of Animated (rather than getting blown up)? More kid's shows should steer away from the Disney "bad guy dies in a way that's not directly the hero's fault" ending. Like I always wondered who told Gaston's mom that her baby is dead 15 minutes after the end of Beauty and the Beast.

emotional consequences are harrrrrrd.

when I was in an undergrad creative playwriting class, I came to hate drama where the main character kills themself. It was shocking at first but then became eye-rolling when I found nine times out of ten it was because the writer did not know what to do next.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Assuming the comics cross over again in the next couple years, I think the comics may be leading to a "heroic" (he did a lot of poo poo and is still space-racist against organics) Megatron versus a new Nemesis Prime. Optimus has been saying and doing a lot of the same things the previous Nemesis. Nova was the leader of the winning faction in a brutal civil war, and once that was done, left Cybertron to "bring the gift of freedom" to other worlds.

BTW, on the Megatron side of this, did the interrupted attempt to rewrite his mind come across as a likely source of his evil descent? It certainly gives them an out to pass the moral blame of his actions.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Revolver Bunker posted:

Between the Hasbro and Takara Hardhead Headmaster are there any big differences between the two? I'm thinking of getting the Takara one because I have a better chance of getting that version then trying to find the Hasbro version at a decent price.

Takara's has a remolded no-faceplate head. And it comes with one of these titanmaster mini vehicles if you care about these too.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Yeah, he was arrested and transported to Cybertron in chains. We never got to see a trial or his escape since it didn't get renewed, but it was a well put together ending.

Acne Rain posted:

emotional consequences are harrrrrrd.

when I was in an undergrad creative playwriting class, I came to hate drama where the main character kills themself. It was shocking at first but then became eye-rolling when I found nine times out of ten it was because the writer did not know what to do next.

Agreed. You really have to earn suicide in fiction. Unless you are an angsty 14 year old or such. Then it's direct to video of The Crow sequels all the way down.

SpikeMcclane posted:

Assuming the comics cross over again in the next couple years, I think the comics may be leading to a "heroic" (he did a lot of poo poo and is still space-racist against organics) Megatron versus a new Nemesis Prime. Optimus has been saying and doing a lot of the same things the previous Nemesis. Nova was the leader of the winning faction in a brutal civil war, and once that was done, left Cybertron to "bring the gift of freedom" to other worlds.

BTW, on the Megatron side of this, did the interrupted attempt to rewrite his mind come across as a likely source of his evil descent? It certainly gives them an out to pass the moral blame of his actions.

Actually Megs was rescued before he could be mentally altered, but he was pretty ripshit about the whole thing.

I too am looking forward to seeing Optimus try to walk the line between imposing his views and the freedom he wants everyone to have.

Edit:

The_Doctor posted:

I had one of those when I was a tiny child! There was also a red one that had a roulette wheel in his tummy.

A quick bit of detective work brings up this page: http://plasticandplush.com/2015/08/retro-review-the-convertors.html

Forgot to respond to this one. Oops. Thanks for the link. I got mine when I was quite little as well. My dad gave me the one in good condition of the two he had some time before he went to get some cigarettes at the corner store. More like a trip to get a brick of Turkish hash and a bag of meth or something from a back alley knowing him actually.

I'll have to keep an eye out at flea market and yard sales so I can give my little guy a roulette wheel buddy.

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Mar 10, 2016

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I can't believe it Hoist. Why? What the gently caress man?

But yea I'm curious as to how things are going to go down and like...what leads to those last words messages received at the beginning of the issue. Also I have faith Prime will be able to keep himself held high and out of the horrible Prime legacy he fought against. I want him and Megatron to be this weird kind of friends in the future.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I can see autobots not wanting Rodimus to be leader, but letting fellow autobots, including the likes of Chromedome, Rewind, and Swerve, face a fate worse than death at the hands of the DJD... not sure I can accept that.

Also, Getaway is really serious about finding the knights, but I had the impression that most of the LL crew don't even think they're real and just did not want to be on Cybertron.

JohnnyOso
Oct 9, 2007

a more refined age

SpikeMcclane posted:

I got the impression that Megatron isn't entirely certain it happened they way we saw it. Like, maybe they went around ripping out bits of brain or personality or whatever and he has zero way of being sure that it hadn't happened.

That would keep me up at night anyways. Never knowing if how I feel or think now is how I've always felt or thought.

And Getaway lost the moral high ground when he sent an innocent on a poorly planned suicide mission and the best outcome was that Tailgate was brutally slagged by a panicked Megatron. Like, what if it was Ravage who nailed the poor little bastard? You'd make Megatron look more reasonable.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Plus Velocity and Tailgate are pretty much complete innocents in it all - they weren't present for the war, they didn't experience it, it lacks the meaning and context the others have from living through it. As far as they know, Megatron is this stern guy with the awful rep and weight of history on his shoulders but their only actual interactions with him is completely at odds with all that, he's basically Ultra Magnus Mk II.

And from the DJD side, trying to kill Ravage is bullshit too, he's just trying to help Megatron return to his 'senses'.

Basically, gently caress everyone not in the Rodpod.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
Well, at least we have proof that Rung's been lying about not knowing what his alt-mode is. Or he figures it out in the upcoming events, but I'm still going for Knight of Cybertron. And I don't know why, but Censere's death really hit me. That guy was cool :(

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I can't get my copy of MTMtE until Wed, because of the comic store I get it from, and you guys are killing me.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Nautica and Velocity just seem like unfortunate casualties in Getaway's plan. They weren't involved in the war at all, so of course they wouldn't feel so strongly about bringing Megatron on board that they'd declare they would support a mutiny. And Ten just got the rawest deal of all.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Takezio posted:

And I don't know why, but Censere's death really hit me. That guy was cool :(

He was something unique in the galaxy. His planet/art installation's going to be worth an absolute fortune now he's dead.

I was disappointed in Bluestreak, but then I thought, if there's any Autobot I can think of who'd be down for Plan gently caress Megatron And All His Friends, it'd be the guy for whom crippling PTSD is baked right into the 1984 box-back tech spec.

Screw Blaster, though.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Phy posted:

He was something unique in the galaxy. His planet/art installation's going to be worth an absolute fortune now he's dead.

I was disappointed in Bluestreak, but then I thought, if there's any Autobot I can think of who'd be down for Plan gently caress Megatron And All His Friends, it'd be the guy for whom crippling PTSD is baked right into the 1984 box-back tech spec.

Screw Blaster, though.

But I can't buy Bluestreak and Mainframe being particularly happy about Getaway setting the DJD on Team Rodimus because they were in the room when Kaon murdered Trailcutter with a bit of casual dismemberment and brain crushing

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I have money, I just spent £100 on the incoming MP Shockwave, should I spend £90 on the G2 Menasor? I don't have any of the CW cars.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Goldskull posted:

I have money, I just spent £100 on the incoming MP Shockwave, should I spend £90 on the G2 Menasor? I don't have any of the CW cars.
Nah stick to MPs... Unless you have a special attachment to G2 Menasor, that is.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin
I've been organizing my comic collection recently, and I need a little help identifying a signature. I have Regeneration One #80.5, signed by Simon Furman, Stephen Baskerville, Jason Cardy, Andrew Wildman and then there is this fifth signature over on the side that I can't seen to place. Any help? I'm thinking it must be John-Paul Bove, but it doesn't seem to look like any of his other signatures.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

the guy from Semisonic fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Mar 11, 2016

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Probably John-Paul Bove, the colorist. The only other credited "J" is John Barber, and that doesn't look like a B.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

But I can't buy Bluestreak and Mainframe being particularly happy about Getaway setting the DJD on Team Rodimus because they were in the room when Kaon murdered Trailcutter with a bit of casual dismemberment and brain crushing

Mainframe thinks doing this will finally get him screentime outside of the opening credits of the US Headmasters mini series.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

JohnnyOso posted:

I got the impression that Megatron isn't entirely certain it happened they way we saw it. Like, maybe they went around ripping out bits of brain or personality or whatever and he has zero way of being sure that it hadn't happened.
I took it at face value because it was just a flashback, not a story being told, and it literally showed his thoughts being edited.

MB13 posted:

I've been organizing my comic collection recently, and I need a little help identifying a signature. I have Regeneration One #80.5, signed by Simon Furman, Stephen Baskerville, Jason Cardy, Andrew Wildman and then there is this fifth signature over on the side that I can't seen to place. Any help? I'm thinking it must be John-Paul Bove, but it doesn't seem to look like any of his other signatures.

Bove would have been my guess. Other possibility is Josh Perez.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh man, I just realized: When Megatron socks Minimus across the room, and then looms over him, he's pointing his arm at Minimus with his fist dropped.

That's the fusion cannon stance.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Takezio posted:

Well, at least we have proof that Rung's been lying about not knowing what his alt-mode is. Or he figures it out in the upcoming events, but I'm still going for Knight of Cybertron. And I don't know why, but Censere's death really hit me. That guy was cool :(

Didn't we see Rung's altmode already?

Also I'm betting only the bridge crew are the mutineers and I'm gonna double down on my Drift/Ratchet to the rescue theory and they'll probably bolster their side with members of the crew.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Rhyno posted:

Didn't we see Rung's altmode already?

Also I'm betting only the bridge crew are the mutineers and I'm gonna double down on my Drift/Ratchet to the rescue theory and they'll probably bolster their side with members of the crew.

We know what Rung's altmode looks like

But not what it is.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
I'm hoping some of the bridge crew are just pretending to go along. Getaway already has his long complicated scheme, I can hope at least one bot is trying to be longer and more complicated.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

There was some weird hinting back in the alternate timeline that Rung might have a function of some sort, but he probably wouldn't like that being found out because of politics. I wonder what Prowl's secret shadow government network is like these days if Getaway has been doing this on his own.

I coulda sworn that they've done this whole funeral message thing before, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

We know what Rung's altmode looks like

But not what it is.

Ornament. He's a giant Christmas ornament.