Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Testekill posted:

Sounds like Ryland is legit trying to make it more user accessible.

We can finally replicate the ridiculous TNA "tag titles/world champion/x-division champion all on the line at the same time" match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

You can have singles titles defending in tag matches, but can you have titles defended in handicap matches?
I was disappointed when I tried to do a 'one partner is injured, the other has to defend the titles 2 on 1' angle and couldn't. I would have ditched the angle altogether but the 'injured' partner was in a different popularity tier from everybody else in the match and wasn't taking the possibility of jobbing well.
I guess that would be pretty difficult. I mean what happens if somebody without a tag partner wins the tag titles? (instead of a tag team retaining). I know it's happened before in reality (Rick Steiner at Halloween Havoc '98), but not on a spreadsheet.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

The Narrator posted:

We can finally replicate the ridiculous TNA "tag titles/world champion/x-division champion all on the line at the same time" match.

Sweet I'm one step closer to my Russo booking sim

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
2k16 releases in an hour or so on Steam.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I have absolutely no idea why I'm excited for a several months old bad wrestling game to finally be playable but somehow I am.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Just unlocked for me.

It's the mod potential I think. It's a relatively complete wrestling game, and it's better than the games of the last decade or so. Great no, but its better than bad.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I really hope that they re-structured the way entrances work so we can front-port Hulk and Punk's, putting them IN the game and giving them the appropriate music is the easy part.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I just hope the person who wrote the theme replacer app gets a 2k16 one done quickly so I can get rid of the crappy Flair and DDP themes. Also so I can give Sting his Metallica theme.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
gently caress I just noticed there's an asterisk on the banner for 2k16 so I might have to wait a month for Big Bossman :negative:

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

No, DLC is in, just played as Earthquake. You have to use the unlock all DLC option in options.

Runs very well on my computer, which admittedly was just built. No obvious issues and can run at full graphics and have a full crowd.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
gently caress yeah. I don't know why that asterisk is there then, it was on the 2k15 port to say "hey you're gonna have to wait an indefinite amount of time for us to actually add the DLC to the game".

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

1st AD posted:

I just hope the person who wrote the theme replacer app gets a 2k16 one done quickly so I can get rid of the crappy Flair and DDP themes. Also so I can give Sting his Metallica theme.

Even without that, for the love of god, change WWE Sting's music to his Crow theme as soon as it's installed.

Also, EA UFC 2 is up for trial on their Access service on XBOne (and maybe PC?). I've already been retired in career mode (made a strawweight and never got a sniff of the title picture. Jędrzejczyk massacred me every time I got near her, and she didn't even have the belt by that point). I'm not sure I like the new grappling system. It feels like they tried to respond to complaints about it being slow, and as a result, it feels too fast to do with just the one stick they want you to use. Like, I feel like left stick should be used to defend, even if it resulted in fewer variations of ground strikes for individual fighters.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 11, 2016

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

gently caress yeah. I don't know why that asterisk is there then, it was on the 2k15 port to say "hey you're gonna have to wait an indefinite amount of time for us to actually add the DLC to the game".

Is Terminator in the game?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

KungFu Grip posted:

Yeah ofc.

The main thing I wanna do is replace the Limp Bizkit song with the much more hilarious Bikertaker one.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

KungFu Grip posted:

For some reason, there are two different Terminators in the game.

The entrances are so fuckin creepy with 0% crowd. I love it.

jred250
Sep 7, 2003
F Zero Novice
Oh my god, how do you find anything in the downloadable character section? I'm trying to find a good Sasha Banks CAW, but I don't know how to work this awful hashtag system.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

It just went live today, there's barely anything up.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

It's unworkable garbage on PS4 too though. I seriously have no idea why they would remove CAW listing by name.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So since it's on early access or whatever, how on earth does the 'ultimate team' or whatever mode in UFC 2 actually work? None of the videos I've seen have done more than a glance at the cards and it looks like you get poo poo like buffs and fighting styles as well as fighters? I'm super intrigued by 'fantasy UFC' but I have no idea how that actually works.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Haha there was a "day 1" patch for the UFC game and they added Sage Northcutt and Jessica Aguilar as well as Conor to Welterweight. I guess they also tweaked Rose Namajunas and Frankie Edgar's models

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Day 2 patch they remove Conor from welterweight again :xd:

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Wait so in CAW mode now in the WWE games, if I want like my head to be thinner or something, instead of going up and down on the Head Thinness Slider I now have to lovingly massage like twelve head shape points on a tiny diagram? And just kind of hope that when I'm done, what I'm dealing with is still approximately a human head? Awww yeah

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

quote:

Mar 11: Expanded Production

The production department now contains four new areas: Production Values, Broadcast Quality, Music and Live Event Experience.

Production values are things like sets, entrance ways, professional video editing capabilities, etc. Broadcast Quality is the crew and equipment used to shoot the shows, i.e. things like HDTV. Music covers all the licensing of music used for entrances, videos, etc. Live Event Experience is the event crew who organise and run the shows in regards to fans, for example organising the seating, organising VIP packages, etc. Some of these elements mean a monthly ongoing cost, some are done per show, and some are a combination of both; the costs are dependent on the level used. All costs are clearly shown on screen when selecting levels.

These have two major impacts on the game.

The first is in relation to your rivals (NB: a rival is any company of similar size in the same game area, except for International and Global companies where it is a company of similar size anywhere in the world) - if you hold a show and are running any of the elements at a lower level than them, you will get a penalty to your overall show grade for looking amateurish in comparison.

This opens up a potentially brutal game of cat and mouse with companies being able to raise the stakes to try and force opponents into difficult situations. This is especially true of financial powerhouses who can use their might to make life very difficult for their more cash-strapped opponents. For example, a rich company may decide to up all four of their production elements by two levels; this will make things very expensive for them in the long run but instantly puts a lot of pressure on all their rivals, who are now left with the dilemma of whether to take the same, potentially killer, financial hit or to try to weather the storm and just take the penalties. This of course makes life very tough for companies who lack money, but that's business.

The second major impact is in regard to broadcasters. Every broadcaster has minimum requirements for the first three elements mentioned at the start of the journal. A company that does not meet those requirements each show will annoy them and potentially get kicked off the air if it lasts long enough. This again adds another dilemma, as some companies may get the opportunity to snag a good broadcast deal but need to factor in whether they can meet the requirements without putting themselves under too much pressure.

For ease of use, player's are e-mailed whenever a rival alters their production values in a manner that could potentially cause penalties. The production screen also gives clear on-screen warnings of any potential penalties and includes a View Rivals button that allows you to see exactly what levels your rivals are currently using.

Mar 11: Half Year Awards

As a companion piece to the End Of Year Awards, there is now a half yearly version that comes out during the summer. These sum up the year thus far and give a good indication of who the front runners for each of the full awards are.

Mar 11: Painkillers

A new lifestyle \ habit has been added to the game, painkiller addiction. This can be a very dangerous and disruptive habit to acquire, and normally occurs post-injury. As with the other habits, there are a raft of custom stories and events related to painkiller addiction, and it can impact in-ring performance, reliability, and impacts physical condition and at high levels can shorten a worker's potential life span.

Expanded Production sounds pretty neat; being able to bury your rivals by virtue of having more cash than them should be pretty fun.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So since it's on early access or whatever, how on earth does the 'ultimate team' or whatever mode in UFC 2 actually work? None of the videos I've seen have done more than a glance at the cards and it looks like you get poo poo like buffs and fighting styles as well as fighters? I'm super intrigued by 'fantasy UFC' but I have no idea how that actually works.

You make a set of dudes and gals (not all weight classes are represented, I think it's heavy, middle, welter, feather and women's bantam), but they're bog standard, base stat CAFs until you buy card packs with in-game or real currency, which you equip to get moves. Rarer cards = better or stronger moves. Other cards permanently boost or lower stats and others can be used as one-time buffs for a single match. Plus there's a 'fitness' resource that seems to be spent each time you fight with one of your people and gets refilled with consumable cards.

It's basically using microtransactions to prevent people twinking out their CAFs online. You can also play it single player, against an AI controlled version of another player's fighter.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I like the idea of mid year awards for TEW. The End of Year awards are always fun to pour over, but it can take a long time if you're booking 2-3 shows a week.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

KungFu Grip posted:

Haha there was a "day 1" patch for the UFC game and they added Sage Northcutt and Jessica Aguilar as well as Conor to Welterweight. I guess they also tweaked Rose Namajunas and Frankie Edgar's models

Yeah I was surprised that Sage Northcutt was there as I was pretty sure he wasn't in the announced roster.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Fat Lowtax posted:

Wait so in CAW mode now in the WWE games, if I want like my head to be thinner or something, instead of going up and down on the Head Thinness Slider I now have to lovingly massage like twelve head shape points on a tiny diagram? And just kind of hope that when I'm done, what I'm dealing with is still approximately a human head? Awww yeah

Yeah this is a real pain in the rear end, and the inability to change hair length (considering that the hair still doesn't look good) is pretty bad.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I really hope UFC 2 is decent, I haven't played a UFC game since Undisputed 3 and could go for some MMA

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

triplexpac posted:

I really hope UFC 2 is decent, I haven't played a UFC game since Undisputed 3 and could go for some MMA

It's about the same as last game, but the grappling system, like I said, is faster paced, and worse for it, I feel. I think because they also made it so you have to choose between whether you want to defend against transitions or try one yourself OR go for a takedown/sub, whereas the last game used the same controls for either, so you could fluidly switch between them.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
It is way better than the first UFC game from EA.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I can't wait to try it, the footage of the beta I saw looked cool. Plus having Bas, Sakuraba, and Tyson will be cool. Mike Tyson vs Mark Hunt is probably going to be my warmup match.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Gaz-L posted:

It's about the same as last game, but the grappling system, like I said, is faster paced, and worse for it, I feel.

I only played the demo of the last one, but I felt it was way too fast paced as it was. Nothing but flying spinning kicks and punches, I prefer a more deliberate pace.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

http://youtu.be/tA4Scnc--L4

Conan O'Brien and Conor McGregor showing off UFC 2

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

triplexpac posted:

I only played the demo of the last one, but I felt it was way too fast paced as it was. Nothing but flying spinning kicks and punches, I prefer a more deliberate pace.

To be fair, the stamina system does make the standup game a little more measured, but you're still gonna get cartwheel and crane kicks all up in the face. Hell, I played one match where I know the other person picked the fighter they did purely for the flying knee they had. It was about half the offence.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Cubone posted:

Cm. Punk is a weak clown bitch and a big time buttmuch lying idiot baby dingaling fucko who goes in the trash, not the ocatagon

Same.

Is the pc WWE 2k16 any better than last years? Create modes seemed way stripped.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

It's starting already.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

That looks like a snapchat face swap .

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

It's nice of them to include Jerry Stiller's short-lived WWE career in 2k16

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The pc version IN GAME is fine......if it ever loads. Either it takes literal 5 or 6 minutes to open/first load or it hangs and you have to force close it.

Haven't had time to check CAW stuff and see if it's easier this year. I got it for cheap so whatever.