Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Trump Steaks
Trump Vodka
Trump Winery
Lil' Rubio
Lyin' Ted
Kasichmentum
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
every not-trump candidate independently came up with a plan to keep it civil and be the last man standing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Dolash posted:

What was Cruz thinking with that "Tariffs are a tax on you!" line? Trump just explained tariff 101 to him that the idea is to promote local industry by keeping out foreign competition, it's such an easy answer.

Except it promoted local industry by just making foreign industry more expensive. So you're still going to be paying more if the local industry was previously getting undercut

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Once again Rubio has had the smallest stage presence so far.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I'm going apoplectic listening to Cruz attack Trump for how damaging his tariffs would be while extolling the virtues of his own plan to tax imports in the same breath.

The loving gall.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

So let me get this right

Trump's plan is to posture and hope they fold, which obviously they won't, then pass 100% of the cost onto the consumer. What incentive do the companies have to move back to the US to avoid the tariff in that case? It's not like we're the biggest market anymore

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Is Cruz an actual economic idiot or just playing one? What's the difference between a tariff and an import tax? Why did he feed Trump that 45% tariff question? Even as Cruz was talking I already knew what was Trump's plan of attack.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Is Cruz really switching to fear mongering to forget how tax and tariffs work?

Tariffs push grandma off the cliff in a wheelchair.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Dolash posted:

What was Cruz thinking with that "Tariffs are a tax on you!" line? Trump just explained tariff 101 to him that the idea is to promote local industry by keeping out foreign competition, it's such an easy answer.

No company is going to spend tens or hundreds of millions building factories domestically when they can spend a fraction of that to get rid of the president attempting to levy any tariffs.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
this is boring as poo poo and I actively hate all of these people more than usual

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Boon posted:

I'm going apoplectic listening to Cruz attack Trump for how damaging his tariffs would be while extolling the virtues of his own plan to tax imports in the same breath.

The loving gall.

Your two cent titanium tax doesn't go too far enough

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

quote:

Donald Trump's presidential campaign may be a little light on specifics, but that may actually be a good thing, according to one of his supporters in Tennessee.

The supporter, who only identified himself as Austin to Fox News' Anna Kooiman, said that he voted for Trump because he was tired of "establishment politicians and Donald Trump brings a fresh new perspective."

Asked whether he was concerned about the lack of policy details Trump has put forward, Austin suggested that other candidates would steal Trump's ideas if he was more specific.

"I am not concerned about that. I think he is not being specific so he does not give his competition everything that he's doing so they copy him," Austin said.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

paranoid randroid posted:

hey can someone point me to the stream for the GOP presidential debate? i seem to have accidentally tuned in to the undercard debate for a house seat in kansas.

Search Youtube for CNN Debate, filter by live broadcasts

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

paranoid randroid posted:

hey can someone point me to the stream for the GOP presidential debate? i seem to have accidentally tuned in to the undercard debate for a house seat in kansas.

We're gonna make Ness City great again and it's gonna be amazing. Believe me.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

come on cnn. demand blood. bring up the hands.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dahn posted:

Tariffs push grandma off the cliff in a wheelchair.

Throw Obama From The Train

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Trump manages to dodge the Islam question by somehow making it even worse, lol

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I think we all know this is going to end up like when the gang from "It's Always Sunny" tries acting normal around other people.
It will end with yelling and blood.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Unapologetic xenophobia

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

Lil' Marco with a poo poo eating grin

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

And by a lot you mean a very small percentage?

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
HOW IS THAT A LAUGH LINE O-o

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I can't believe he just owned that statement.

Or rather, it's Trump, so… TRUMP!

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Trump insulting Muslims. FINALLY something interesting!!!!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol at this answer

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Mystic_Shadow posted:

They don't understand any of it.

but that is the /point/ of tariffs :psyduck: just loving say it, it sounds rad and jingoistic ffs

im so flaccid

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
"i mean a lot of them"

*applause, laughs*

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Thundercracker posted:

Is Cruz an actual economic idiot or just playing one? What's the difference between a tariff and an import tax? Why did he feed Trump that 45% tariff question? Even as Cruz was talking I already knew what was Trump's plan of attack.

Ted Cruz is really, honestly a pathological liar.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
as a uyghur, i fukken hate america

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

hahahah now this is the Trump we came for

Kurt_Cobain
Jul 9, 2001
Finally, something crazy, thank you

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I MEAN A LOT OF EM

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
There sure is 'something going on' with a lot of hate, Trump

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

That's one hell of a laugh line

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

loving lol "I mean a lot of 'em"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh good, the shitshow has arrived.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
Oh poo poo here we go. :black101:

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
Ah yes here we go.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
tiny boobio

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i hope trump wins and we turn the flyover states into massive strip mines looking for rare earth minerals to support us-made iPhones that cost $5000 each

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Tapperbot breaking down

• Locked thread