Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Fayk posted:

No, but they've been around forever, used to deal in Neogeo and arcade poo poo, and often are visible at EVO. They're not some fly-by-night operation.

Then I'll be ordering my converter right now, thanks! I'm a little weary these days because I remember Lizard Lick fell apart overnight a while back. Still not sure what happened but I used to order from them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Got Karin Cammy Rashid, all of those characters seem very uninteresting to me.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Agoat posted:

Has anyone here ordered from Arcade Shock? I'm about to get in on one of these Brook Converters.

Yeah I recently got a joystick from 'em no problem

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

SectumSempra posted:

Would you say fang is fun?

I find that he feels kinda boring because his poison vs say, bang, elizabeth (p4a) or testament for example feels like its his primary method of damage as opposed to him being a cool character who also has poison as a damage tool.

Eh. His poison isn't very scary, his weird command not-roll gets hit by throws or attacks (except ex) including weird midscreen birdie command throw stuff. His damage is fairly low, but he has some ok pokes. I feel like his crossup game is kinda weak because of how his forward jump hk works.

He's fun enough to play, but kinda meh. Plus I hate his super being visually sodumb.

The real way to decide if you can be F.A.N.G. is ask yourself this: How do you feel about the number two?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I tried like 4-5 times deliberately to get birdie in that quiz and couldn't do it. I figured picking defensive/grappling, demanding good normals, and wanting easy combos and mid-range would be a pretty obvious flag for him but I guess not

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Alex looks terrible

What muscle man voice are they going to give him?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Countblanc posted:

I tried like 4-5 times deliberately to get birdie in that quiz and couldn't do it. I figured picking defensive/grappling, demanding good normals, and wanting easy combos and mid-range would be a pretty obvious flag for him but I guess not

birdie is claimed by picking offensive and being srk positive with flexible range

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

cams posted:

well i picked up necalli who i actually think is real real good, but i guess most people don't see it that way. also fang cause i do miss charge characters. the real reason i wanted to play laura is that i've never really played a character that relies on setups to the degree that she does, and i wanted to force myself to work with that. learned some stuff, will keep playing her cause i like her kit. her bad matchups are just real, real bad.

also picked up fang and i love him but i do not think i could be really competitive with him

Necalli is super good, but you need to play a bit fearlessly to get in with his shorter-than-average normals and take advantage of the ridiculous damage he does.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Quiz gave me Cammy. After exclusively playing with Chun since betas/launch, I've been playing Cammy for maybe a week or so now and she's starting to grow on me :tinfoil:

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

SectumSempra posted:

this game feels eerily over simplistic if you catch my drift?

If you mean what I think you mean, you expressed it well. I feel like the scope of meaningful possibilities in the game has a near-constant air of developer intent to it - not because they fine-tuned everything to fit their vision perfectly, but because they disabled a lot of tech they felt they couldn't fine-tune. While its modest pace and low damage make the game rather forgiving, the flow of a match still has a deterministic smell, since the correct direction to take at any given point has a tendency to present itself readily to the player.

The game is a lot of fun to play, IMO, but at this point high-level matches are less entertaining to watch than in Street Fighter IV. Maybe it'll feel less shallow once more content appears.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

What do you guys think the player base is going to be like? I know that sales weren't outstanding but do you think the different additions will pick things back up? Do we know how the active population compares to its competitors? I've still got so much to learn and I don't want all the other casuals to abandon the game too early.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Smirking_Serpent posted:

What do you guys think the player base is going to be like? I know that sales weren't outstanding but do you think the different additions will pick things back up? Do we know how the active population compares to its competitors? I've still got so much to learn and I don't want all the other casuals to abandon the game too early.

this is the most popular current fg by a mile and its going to be the standard for fgs for a long time. the only other fg that will be this popular online is tekken and even then its not going to be as strong number-wise as sfv.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Even without Street Fighter's popularity the cross platform play will give it a huge advantage over other games wrt player pool size

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Zand posted:

this is the most popular current fg by a mile and its going to be the standard for fgs for a long time. the only other fg that will be this popular online is tekken and even then its not going to be as strong number-wise as sfv.

That's good to hear. Is there much crossover between SF and Tekken players?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan

Booyah- posted:

Art direction for Alex is real bad

Pomp posted:

alex looks good until you get to the hair

While not thrilled, I can take everything below the neck. That face though, that hair, how the draping hairlocks are tucked under the headband rather than over - isn't that his signature style?! The Mc'D french fry comparison is too drat strong. What are the chances this game/character models will get a sort of graphical overhaul at some point?

And I'll still main him regardless. I can forgive everything if his alt is the bomber jacket.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Some US charts from February.

NPD February:

1. Far Cry: Primal (PS4, Xbox One)
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
3. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
4. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm (PS4, Xbox One)
5. NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
6. Lego Marvel Avengers (PS4, 360, Xbox One, Wii U, PS3, 3DS, Vita)
7. Street Fighter V (PS4)
8. Minecraft (360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3)
9. Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright (3DS)
10. Fallout 4 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

PSN:

1. Firewatch
2. Far Cry Primal
3. Rocket League
4. NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 4
5. Street Fighter V
6. Need for Speed
7. Madden NFL 16
8. Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
9. Grand Theft Auto V
10. Call of Duty: Black Ops III

Safe to say it's not been a hugely successful launch month.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

croutonZA posted:

Safe to say it's not been a hugely successful launch month.
not really safe to say at all based solely on what you posted.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, I mean how could SF hope to beat Naruto

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
If their goal was really 2 million by the end of March they're hilariously short.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Wow, this is an unimpeachable flop. This sucks, I wanted more DLC, that might be dead.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Congrats Firewatch.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

It sold less than 210k on PS4 in the US so it is safe to say it is a megaflop.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if only 1/5th of a game sold 210k just wait til the whole thing is out!!!!

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

welcome back dark ages

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Baal posted:

Yeah, I mean how could SF hope to beat Naruto

they even got the devs behind the naruto games to make sfv and still can't compete

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

But there are so few assets in the game... And the engine looks to be the same as sf4... Development costs could have been really low.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cougar cub posted:

But there are so few assets in the game... And the engine looks to be the same as sf4... Development costs could have been really low.

sony paid a lot of it so capcom probably can't lose

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

sony paid a lot of it so capcom probably can't lose

they are publicly traded and promised 2 mil sales by the end of this quarter

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zand posted:

they are publicly traded and promised 2 mil sales by the end of this quarter

yikes

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

InnercityGriot posted:

Wow, this is an unimpeachable flop. This sucks, I wanted more DLC, that might be dead.

Since this is Capcom we're talking about, a company that was totally okay with using decade old sprites in games to save money, I wonder if we'll get some dolled up SF4 models put into the game and sold as DLC?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RIP Street Fighter

croutonZA posted:

Since this is Capcom we're talking about, a company that was totally okay with using decade old sprites in games to save money, I wonder if we'll get some dolled up SF4 models put into the game and sold as DLC?

You can't transfer the SF4 models to SF5 and doll them up, a lot has to be changed and at that point they're better off working from scratch

Not that the models would look good anyways

cams
Mar 28, 2003

those numbers are only for the us and do not include pc copies sold this thread is so dumb

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

cams posted:

those numbers are only for the us and do not include pc copies sold this thread is so dumb

I'm sure the pc version sold 1.8 million copies

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

cams posted:

you know, i think he's onto something
laura is the worst character in the game

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

cams posted:

Yeah I'm sure the PC ecosystem is gonna make up the other 1.8 mil sales it needs when it's losing to a Naruto game which will make 2 mil worldwide

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Zand posted:

I'm sure the pc version sold 1.8 million copies
no but the us is not the only country on earth the goal was 2 million by the end of march... like, they might have come under, but you guys just wanna do your little thing. it's real weird.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

2 million seems kind of crazy, looking at these numbers for lifetime sales:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/jan/29/capcom-expects-street-fighter-5-sell-2-million-copies/

I think the only way they were ever getting that is with some freemium hats/crate-based mobile aids business plan

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

ASK ME WHAT MAKES ME THINK I'M SO FUNKY
...am i reading this alex stuff correctly

his v-skill is basically just his taunt from 3s?

why not just have his taunt do that

well whatever

:getin: i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

why do you keep bringing up the naruto game like that's a thing? kids loving love naruto, kids buy games in america. so weird.