Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Trump Steaks
Trump Vodka
Trump Winery
Lil' Rubio
Lyin' Ted
Kasichmentum
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Noice Cruz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord
:laffo:

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
He gave trump a compliment there

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
How in the gently caress does Cruz think that makes them look good compared to Trump. Is he intentionally trying to fluff up Trump now?

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

What a terrible face Ted has

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
ABOLISH THE IRS

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Mr. Nemo posted:

ABOLISH THE IRS

POSTCARD

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
CRUZ JUST NEGGED TRUMP

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
[slime man seamonster voice] UNLEASH THE JOBS

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Trump sounded boring and stupid. The only thing that covers that stuff up is when he blusters and yells. He's too scared to even stick to the same gimmick, let alone the same positions, for more than a day at a time. I can't get enough of the mental gymnastics necessary to pretend any of his dozen rotating personas(or any combination thereof) are going to resonate in the general with anyone but the stupid racists already behind him.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trump is getting his rear end kicked in the polls right now. And it matters because he keeps saying that he's winning!

nomination polls.

trump has led the nomination polls consistently all primary season, except for that carson blip. anyone paying attention should have been able to predict this, but a lot of pundits assumed that his complete lack of experience, policy knowledge, qualifications, temperament, or filter would torpedo him. they were banking on "intangibles" and got rolled over by the numbers, which on the R primary side have ended up being pretty accurate (really, on the D side too except for Michigan).

they thought they were smarter than the numbers, but they weren't. now a lot of them are doubling down and saying "well, trump is a unique perfect storm, that's why it was ok that we disregarded all of the numbers and just said he was gonna lose anyways." they have learned nothing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

everyone is making fun of this but it's legitimately correct, people care way more about tone than substance, trump is absolutely killing it with the general election crowd

This is sarcasm right?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

USPol in a nutshell.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
So no big word from Cruz/Kasich to vote for Rubio to stop Trump. It really sounds like the GOP has given up.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

abolish the irs!

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

BGrifter posted:

Kasich: I want you the American people to become costumed vigilantes.

Marco Rubio, you have failed this city.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Who exactly is against firefighters? Like, fo realz Ted?

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i thought donald trump looked ok this debate relative to how piss-poor he's been at the past few, but if frank luntz agrees with me i might have to re-evaluate

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/MichelleFields/status/708140201172967425

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

GrimGypsy posted:

Trump sounded boring and stupid. The only thing that covers that stuff up is when he blusters and yells. He's too scared to even stick to the same gimmick, let alone the same positions, for more than a day at a time. I can't get enough of the mental gymnastics necessary to pretend any of his dozen rotating personas(or any combination thereof) are going to resonate in the general with anyone but the stupid racists already behind him.

Nah he realized he's won already all he has to do is take 0 risk and the nom is his

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Trump made it sound like he was talking about migrants

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Trump!

*click*

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I can't believe Cruz is shilling the IRS thing. That makes normal people pause and go "what"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

paranoid randroid posted:

[slime man seamonster voice] UNLEASH THE JOBS

Larval form:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Embrace my white nationalist constituents

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

I missed it who won and what are the highlights?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

well this sucked

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
that was lovely and boring

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
I clearly did not buy enough alcohol to make this debate enjoyable

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Am I crazy for thinking that Rubio may take Florida after this??

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

"It will take centuries to undo all the progress made by a progressive supreme court"

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This is sarcasm right?

no it's a combination of my understanding of conventional pundit wisdom mixed in with a considerable dose of fear

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

nomination polls.

trump has led the nomination polls consistently all primary season, except for that carson blip. anyone paying attention should have been able to predict this, but a lot of pundits assumed that his complete lack of experience, policy knowledge, qualifications, temperament, or filter would torpedo him. they were banking on "intangibles" and got rolled over by the numbers, which on the R primary side have ended up being pretty accurate (really, on the D side too except for Michigan).

they thought they were smarter than the numbers, but they weren't. now a lot of them are doubling down and saying "well, trump is a unique perfect storm, that's why it was ok that we disregarded all of the numbers and just said he was gonna lose anyways." they have learned nothing.

Oh. Yeah you're right about that.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Mr. Nemo posted:

Am I crazy for thinking that Rubio may take Florida after this??

yep

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Next debate Rubio, Kasich and Cruz will come onto the stage wearing an orange spray tan and a wig.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
https://twitter.com/EmilyHoskins14/status/708115243000471557

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The French Army! posted:

I missed it who won and what are the highlights?

nobody and there are none

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Typo posted:

Nah he realized he's won already all he has to do is take 0 risk and the nom is his

Exactly. Pretending that this debate was some masterstroke pivot toward undecided general election voters is absurd, he just backed down because he's afraid of losing ground in the polls.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Here comes Cuomo slobbering all over Trump...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
It will take centuries to recover from liberal Supreme Court nominees...

Trump does know the average lifespan of a human being right?

• Locked thread