Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Trump Steaks
Trump Vodka
Trump Winery
Lil' Rubio
Lyin' Ted
Kasichmentum
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Venom Snake posted:

I'm starting to think Donald "Tianmian Square was Awesome!" Trump isn't actually going to pivot!!

it's a tone pivot, being a blustering jerk isn't going to work but it's not like he's going to abandon the I MAKE THE DEALS, WE WILL BUILD A WALL persona

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Arkane posted:

he'll probably win

Nope!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

oh come the gently caress on

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

radical islam is a mess

Cracked_Gear
Nov 4, 2013

I think Trump being calm is gonna help him even more even though his positions are loving scary

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
If Trump brought a scalpel to this primary rather than a sledgehammer, he could have been president.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
I'm honestly really surprised they didn't turn the heat on like just a little bit.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

TyrantWD posted:

It will take centuries to recover from liberal Supreme Court nominees...

Trump does know the average lifespan of a human being right?

his nominees will have the BEST lifespans

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

So much wining. I'm starting to get sick of it.

Kurt_Cobain
Jul 9, 2001

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

zeppelin i get that you are more bullish on trump than the average forum poster, but trump only looked good for the GE debate relative to how bad he's looked before. he stumbled a lot and his lack of substance was pretty clear.
But the Dealz bro, they will be great

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
Donald Trump we need your tweets to keep us afloat!

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
CNN loves ratings.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

The candidates could have literally took a poo poo on the stage and flung the feces at each other and he's still be making the same tweet

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Rubio can no longer win Florida unless the polls have been completely wrong. Early voting is big in the Senior State, and early voting has been brutal to Rubio.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Princeps32 posted:

I'm honestly really surprised they didn't turn the heat on like just a little bit.

It was probably the smartest thing to not attack trump

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
who wants to make a deal

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Animal-Mother posted:

I didn't really hear it. Summary, please?

The debate was pretty meaningless, and Trump did the whole "It's time to unite the party (behind me)" schtick. It was good, and the debate up to the last minute was nothing. Trump going last meant nobody got to respond.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Communications Director for the Speaker of the House:

https://twitter.com/BrendanBuck/status/708142096952266752

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The Dark Lord Hilladorf is going to plunge America into 1000 years of darkness

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

proof that nobody won tonight

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Cracked_Gear posted:

I think Trump being calm is gonna help him even more even though his positions are loving scary

why do people keep saying this

when hes calm it just underlines that he cant loving answer questions without changing subjects every three sentences

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
http://www.npr.org/2016/03/10/46993...ontent=20160310

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

it's a tone pivot, being a blustering jerk isn't going to work but it's not like he's going to abandon the I MAKE THE DEALS, WE WILL BUILD A WALL persona

i don't think tone matters so much when your platform is "I will declare war on islam, and also mexicans"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

It was probably the smartest thing to not attack trump

No, attacking Trump frazzled him over the last two weeks. Especially when they slammed him on Trump U.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

the gov must be monitoring this thread lol

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Arkane posted:

he'll probably win

It's loving Trump, dude. Come on. Florida. Trump. Gimme a break.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
donald trump is a good salesman, but his lane is big blustery bullshit

when hes calm its like if budweiser put out an ad set to the kay jewelers music. its a mess. get him outta here.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Rubio can no longer win Florida unless the polls have been completely wrong. Early voting is big in the Senior State, and early voting has been brutal to Rubio.

look at the early voting county breakdowns, and you see it is just the opposite

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Joementum posted:

do you ever wonder why republicans are better/wittier/funnier on twitter than democrats? is it really us who are out of touch?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

paranoid randroid posted:

when hes calm it just underlines that he cant loving answer questions without changing subjects every three sentences

deals DEALS DEALS

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Yeah when he isn't chucking zingers he just says the word Deal over and over

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
https://twitter.com/BenHowe/status/707949376874913792

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

because no one is nailing him to the wall over it, CNN just said his answers were very substantive

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

our expectations for him at debates are really low. he didn't shout LIAR, FALSE or talk about his dick, so he looked presidential. talking about what a sweet power play the Tienanmen Square Massacre was in a debate is not some clever 11th dimensional chess move, it's stupid. it has a powerful appeal to people already behind trump and is absolutely toxic to everyone else.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Gloria Borger just said that Trump gave "substantive answers" to the questions.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I like how Trump is being lavished with praise for not shouting his rambling non-answers to questions

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

a cop posted:

It's loving Trump, dude. Come on. Florida. Trump. Gimme a break.

Arkane "John Huntsman will be president" has a questionable history of being right about American politics.

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011
It only makes sense that Trump has made the Beltway go full nihilist since everything they believed in all these years is now false.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

our expectations for him at debates are really low. he didn't shout LIAR, FALSE or talk about his dick, so he looked presidential. talking about what a sweet power play the Tienanmen Square Massacre was in a debate is not some clever 11th dimensional chess move, it's stupid. it has a powerful appeal to people already behind trump and is absolutely toxic to everyone else.

maybe but people have been saying "trump is saying stuff that won't appeal to anyone who doesn't already support him" since he was at 15%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

Arkane "John Huntsman will be president" has a questionable history of being right about American politics.

Incorrect. Arkane is incredibly on the nose. However, I think his emotions are getting the best of him, in this case.

• Locked thread