Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Yob claims that his wife and his two friends were also elected, so between them that's 4 delegates out of the USVI's 9, or, rather, 4 out of their 6 elected ones.

Yob will command a voting block of ~0.2% of the total delegate pool at the convention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Oiled and Ready posted:

Saying "Ben will be working on that" on an issue as random as education confirms to me he's the VP choice. I prayed for it and Hallelujah.

TRUMP/CARSON 2016

PUT ON THE HAT

PUT ON THE GLASSES

AND DON'T YOU DARE BUCKLE UP

meanwhile sanders obsessives have cloistered themselves into their safe spaces and have reduced their expectations to raising the class consciousness of the janitor who works in Smith Hall who's too polite to say shut up

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Oiled and Ready posted:

Saying "Ben will be working on that" on an issue as random as education confirms to me he's the VP choice. I prayed for it and Hallelujah.

TRUMP/CARSON 2016

PUT ON THE HAT

PUT ON THE GLASSES

AND DON'T YOU DARE BUCKLE UP

i never knew I could want something this much

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Didn't Trump literally call Iowans stupid for supporting Carson in October? Like so many things about this election, that seems to have been forgotten.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Nichael posted:

Didn't Trump literally call Iowans stupid for supporting Carson in October? Like so many things about this election, that seems to have been forgotten.

politically, America is like a man with a large hematoma on his forehead wandering in a daze on the freeway

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nichael posted:

There has to be an effective anti-Cruz attack ad where you just show all the poo poo Trump has said about Carson and then say "And he STILL hates Cruz more."

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

There has to be an effective anti-Cruz attack ad where you just show all the poo poo Trump has said about Carson and then say "And he STILL hates Cruz more."

all you have to do to create a Cruz attack ad is to show people his face and voice

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Al! posted:

politically, America is like a man with a large hematoma on his forehead wandering in a daze on the freeway

Absolutely, but that was just one of the more astounding things I've seen out of this shitshow. When has a politician ever flat out called voters stupid, gone on to do very well with said voters, and then somehow successfully courted the endorsement of the guy he called voters stupid for supporting? It's straight out of The Simpsons when Quimby insulted the crowd and they lapped it up. "Give us hell, Trump!"

STAC Goat posted:

Is Friend Ben capable of hating anyone? He's just a sweet guy who also hit his mom with a hammer.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

crazy cloud posted:

Trump is going to make America great again

That's all I ask.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Donald Trump:

Called Ben Carson an OK doctor.
implied that Seventh Day Adventists were a cult.
Said that Carson's stories of belt buckles and hammers were false.
Compared Carson's claimed pathological temper to child molestation.
Said that people who believed said stories were stupid.
Worst of all: said that if Jeb was low-energy, Carson was no energy.

Carson endorses Trump.

Carson hates Ted Cruz that much.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Nichael posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FHd5JDhu5A

weird and creepy, bro

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Al! posted:

harsh, but fair

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Patter Song posted:

Donald Trump:

Called Ben Carson an OK doctor.
implied that Seventh Day Adventists were a cult.
Said that Carson's stories of belt buckles and hammers were false.
Compared Carson's claimed pathological temper to child molestation.
Said that people who believed said stories were stupid.
Worst of all: said that if Jeb was low-energy, Carson was no energy.

Carson endorses Trump.

Carson hates Ted Cruz that much.

Yeah, Trump has actually been more vicious to Carson than a lot of the other candidates. It's just so... weird and creepy.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Donald stood at Ben's side when he refused to go out on stage. Friends for life.

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context

Nichael posted:

Yeah, Trump has actually been more vicious to Carson than a lot of the other candidates. It's just so... weird and creepy.

(It's because he is black)

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i dunno, ben carson as vp would've been gold a few months ago, but i'm kinda still riding that 'herman cain being vetted for vp' high

he'd be hilarious, though. he went from routine double-digit +s in favorables to a -4 average on rcp as the whole pathological liar/pyramids thing played out, and his head-to-heads against clinton are an interesting illustration of how head-to-heads follow favorables
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_carson_vs_clinton-5119.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/carson_favorableunfavorable-5295.html

also the hillary-trump hths have spiked in her favor and cruz still leads her narrowly; sanders has better head to heads than clinton. this has been your head to head report

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Prof. Lurker posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpZHeS7kYsA

yeah i dont think Kasich would last in the GE spotlight

Wow this was terrible, that interview really couldn't have gone much worse. What a dork.

He could at least use his brief time in the spotlight before he has to bow out to talk about issues and make a real (minor) difference in the election's rhetoric, instead he's just hanging on like an arrogant limp and deformed limb.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Donald stood at Ben's side when he refused to go out on stage. Friends for life.

Good point!

If you had to tell the sweet and innocent people of March 2015 about these debates, which event would they have more trouble believing? The candidate traffic jam? Cruz on live television eating congealed bile? Trump being lauded as substantive and restrained for supporting the Chinese government's brutality without mentioning his dick?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its easy to forget because it was so long ago but Carson was the only guy who ever topped Trump in the polls and he spent awhile as Trump's only real equal. So it makes sense Trump said more poo poo about him. Jeb took hits because he was the initial favorite, Cruz took hits when he started to challenge in Iowa, and Rubio became a target when he started coming at Trump a few weeks ago. But way back it was just Friend Ben frustrating Trump because the good doctor would never bite for the trolling.

Then of course Ben Carson started talking more and people walked away.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

oh and the virgin islands going for GIVE US MONEY FOR OUR VOTES ON THE SECOND BALLOT is so great. i love that they have an appreciation for chaos reigning and want to participate. especially those yob people. i wonder if that dude has enough money to retire and he figured he might as well do it in a place where he could engage in convention politics, or if he's actually built his life around the chance that he could be part of the gop's red wedding

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

It's going to happen

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
https://twitter.com/TheeCurrentYear/status/708166423806259200

we just need to win this Drudge poll, that will stump him for sure

https://twitter.com/DRUDGE/status/708168747324825601

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Nichael posted:

I refer you to the thread title.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

out of curiosity I looked up the trend line for the search term Carson Vice President for today

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Looks like Yob exaggerated. He only got 3 out of his 4 person gang in. Still, Yob, his wife, and their friend are a full third of the USVI delegation and are completely unbound.

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot
Donald Trump (Paternal Autocrat)

Organisation regain -5%
Peacetime Belligerence -0.4 per month
Alliance chance with Democracies +30%

The Barking Buffoon is a great political dramatic actor. People see him as a strong and competent leader who will save the nation and restore it to its historical greatness. But behind his mask of bombastic rhetoric hides a weak-minded, vain simpleton. Those who really know him, know he is an incompetent man.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
this Jeb! store fuckup is great, just got my christmas shopping done 8 months early

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Patter Song posted:

Looks like Yob exaggerated. He only got 3 out of his 4 person gang in. Still, Yob, his wife, and their friend are a full third of the USVI delegation and are completely unbound.

Is it fair to assume that whatever process got him and his buddies elected delegate was crooked as hell?

Baconomics
Feb 6, 2012

Patter Song posted:

I kinda feel bad for the other friend, who moved all the way to the Virgin Islands only to see his friends go to the RNC without him

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

As a Delawarean, I'm proud to see my fellow citizens devote their time to such a worthy cause.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

this Jeb! store fuckup is great, just got my christmas shopping done 8 months early

What happened? I try to read the whole thread but there are only so many hours in the day. :(

Wyld Thang
Feb 23, 2016
Tuesday should prove interesting in a bloodbath kind of way.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

OctoberBlues posted:

What happened? I try to read the whole thread but there are only so many hours in the day. :(

Order free poo poo from the Jeb! store using the test CC # 4242 4242 4242 4242, any valid expiration date and CVC #. You get a confirmation email but who knows if it'll actually work :iiam:!

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

OctoberBlues posted:

Jeb's site was put into "Test mode" whereby you could pay for everything using a credit card with the numbers "42" repeating and it would accept it.

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

There is no way they'll actually ship any of this stuff but on the off chance they do I'll make sure to use my guac bowl only for bacon and cheddar dip, the way Trump intended :toot:.

Baconomics
Feb 6, 2012

OctoberBlues posted:

https://jeb2016.com/shop

The checkout billing is glitched and you get everything for free

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

DrProsek posted:

There is no way they'll actually ship any of this stuff but on the off chance they do I'll make sure to use my guac bowl only for bacon and cheddar dip, the way Trump intended :toot:.

I know, but Im really looking forward to hanging out on the beach in my 'vintage tank', snapback and beach towel. Do some grilling with the bbq apron and drink vodka out of the water bottle. Then gift all my friends with kids the onesies to piss them off

edit: and poo poo in the guacabowle because WHY NOT

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I would never dreamed of Trump picking Carson as VP even a few weeks ago, now it seems inevitable in that its the most absurd possible choice to make so.of course that's how it's going to go down.

I don't post itt much but I've been following since the beginning and Christ how is this happening :psyduck:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Wolfsheim posted:

I would never dreamed of Trump picking Carson as VP even a few weeks ago, now it seems inevitable in that its the most absurd possible choice to make so.of course that's how it's going to go down.

I don't post itt much but I've been following since the beginning and Christ how is this happening :psyduck:

Don't worry, Trump could still pick Rick Scott for VP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I better get a free Jeb! Guaca Bowle out of this.

• Locked thread