Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Troposphere posted:

was Miller in the original 100 I honestly don't remember he's been such a non-character

yeah, he's been there since the beginning believe it or not. He's the guy who tried to smear goo on Lincoln when he was tied up and got loving destroyed. It was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
troposphere, just sayin, it's a little :ironicat: that you're marginalizing other minority characters on the show immediately after being very vocal about the whole lexa thing

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Miller was Bellamy's right hand man for all of season 1... he wasn't a main character but he was around.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Noctone posted:

troposphere, just sayin, it's a little :ironicat: that you're marginalizing other minority characters on the show immediately after being very vocal about the whole lexa thing

to be fair I don't pay attention to any of the male characters, in anything

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
This whole season has been about two groups killing each other "just because". At least I understood the motivations behind the conflicts during the first two seasons. This season is just everyone going, "Well, we could all get along and share resources...nnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

qbert posted:

This whole season has been about two groups killing each other "just because". At least I understood the motivations behind the conflicts during the first two seasons. This season is just everyone going, "Well, we could all get along and share resources...nnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh."

so just like in real life

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was a pretty solid episode and shows that Kane really does believe what he's selling. And now Bellamy is conflicted as hell and hopefully he pulls his head on straight by the end of the season.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

so just like in real life

I expect my fiction to be better written than real life.

Although The 100's always been just okay for me, but this season's been especially bad.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Where the hell is Abby right now???

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Confined to medical maybe?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Yeah I found that to be particularly odd. Like she didn't have to really be into the whole resist/spy on Pike thing at all but it was weird that for a episode basically about Kane vs. Pike there was no Abby. But at least we got more of Miller and his boyfriend, Harper gets more than one line, Monty and his mom actually matter other than just having two Asian people stand on screen at the same time.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Shooting episodes for Person of Interest I hope.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

qbert posted:

I expect my fiction to be better written than real life.

Reality will officially jump the shark when Trump becomes president.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Troposphere posted:

to be fair I don't pay attention to any of the male characters, in anything

Truly an even-handed and progressive mind we have here.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

FELD1 posted:

Truly an even-handed and progressive mind we have here.

how will the men ever recover from me not caring much about men in fiction and preferring stories about women??

it's almost as if people consume media for different reasons...

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The show's ratings for last night were a series low.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I'm not surprised, lexa fans were a
pretty huge part of the viewership.

in other news the Trevor project fundraiser hit its 30k goal and is still going up so at least something positive came from this experience :)

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The show's ratings for last night were a series low.

And in a hilarious twist, Season 4 was just announced. :xd:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Troposphere posted:

I'm not surprised, lexa fans were a
pretty huge part of the viewership.

Note: CBS and The CW had pre-emptions in several markets for college basketball.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

I thought this was a great episode and I'm really interested to see how Raven's little rebellion is going to go over (or what they're going to do about it) with Jaha and ALIE.

Although I do wish Bellamy had been punched in the face a few more times. :shrug:

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Note: CBS and The CW had pre-emptions in several markets for college basketball.

guess we will see next week. 0.3 In the 18-34 market is embarrassingly low either way

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So I binge watched most of the first two seasons over the last three days (just two episodes left) and have enjoyed the show for the most part. A couple of things have bothered me though:

1. The Finn turn was horrible and I was baffled every time someone balked at turning him over. It's like the easiest decision ever imo. But I'm really disappointed that it took Finn so long to man up and turn himself over. He was wrong to shoot in the first place at the village and absolutely had to pay for his crimes. The only death I would forgive him is the one eyed guy in the bunker.

2. I've spent most of season 2 despising most of the 'adults'. Abby in particular needs to have some sense smacked into her. Every single time she played the overprotective mother, I just wanted someone to scream 'Clarke has lived on the surface longer than you, so shut up' or just punch her in the face. I was pleased when Clarke finally said 'You may be the Chancellor, but I'm in charge.'

Those are really my two biggest gripes. Pretty much everything else is minor and can be ignored by turning my brain off.

But otherwise it's a pretty fun and amusing show.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

They really rushed Finn IMO but I'm okay that they sorta earned it back in the same episode they killed him.

And of course people aren't gonna want to hand them over because you're literally sacrificing a person. It makes so much sense in hindsight (well, until, keep watching) but no one operates that pragmatically.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

TMMadman posted:

So I binge watched most of the first two seasons over the last three days (just two episodes left) and have enjoyed the show for the most part. A couple of things have bothered me though:

1. The Finn turn was horrible and I was baffled every time someone balked at turning him over. It's like the easiest decision ever imo. But I'm really disappointed that it took Finn so long to man up and turn himself over. He was wrong to shoot in the first place at the village and absolutely had to pay for his crimes. The only death I would forgive him is the one eyed guy in the bunker.

2. I've spent most of season 2 despising most of the 'adults'. Abby in particular needs to have some sense smacked into her. Every single time she played the overprotective mother, I just wanted someone to scream 'Clarke has lived on the surface longer than you, so shut up' or just punch her in the face. I was pleased when Clarke finally said 'You may be the Chancellor, but I'm in charge.'

Those are really my two biggest gripes. Pretty much everything else is minor and can be ignored by turning my brain off.

But otherwise it's a pretty fun and amusing show.

I agree completely with both points. Season 3 is going to really piss you off, I can tell.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Mar 11, 2016

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

TMMadman posted:

You need to watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRaT_DyI_x0

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
It's been a while since I've seen those eps but I really dont get all the flack that plotline gets. Not that they were in the right in doing so, but it's pretty easy for me to imagine a bunch of dopey 18-year-olds not being totally on board with just turning their friend over to get tortured to death

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Monicro posted:

It's been a while since I've seen those eps but I really dont get all the flack that plotline gets. Not that they were in the right in doing so, but it's pretty easy for me to imagine a bunch of dopey 18-year-olds not being totally on board with just turning their friend over to get tortured to death

it wasn't just the 18 year olds it was the adults who should have known better

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Troposphere posted:

IIRC wasn't Kane like "yeeeaaahh they're kinda totally right guys"? As for Abby that's just her character, she makes decisions with empathy above all else and that's why she was a Kinda poo poo chancellor, there are people like that in real life! Maybe I'm grasping at straws/forgetting things tho idk

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Troposphere posted:

Not only that it was adults who had recently 'culled' 300+ of their own people in order to stay alive longer in space. Handing over Finn to save the Arkers and gain a truce is like the easiest math ever. Especially when Finns prior actions are taken into consideration.

Honestly, the only thing that Arkers should have asked for was that Finn die quickly because to do otherwise is cruel and barbaric.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Monicro posted:

IIRC wasn't Kane like "yeeeaaahh they're kinda totally right guys"? As for Abby that's just her character, she makes decisions with empathy above all else and that's why she was a Kinda poo poo chancellor, there are people like that in real life! Maybe I'm grasping at straws/forgetting things tho idk

she should have had some empathy for the 18 people he murdered in cold blood

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Troposphere posted:

she should have had some empathy for the 18 people he murdered in cold blood

Fair

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
She can have empathy for those 18 people and for Finn, and not think he deserves to be tortured to death? This is dumb, people aren't robots. Clarke did what she had to do and she's a good leader because she's usually made the hard choice. Her initial hesitation because she was in love with him makes sense especially considering they're not even 18 yet. She's shown to never have had an easy time with the decisions she's had to make. Kane has shown himself likewise, and he reacted appropriately.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
apparently at a con Ricky whittle called Jason rothenberg a bitch, bully, and a muppet and said he purposefully locked his character up this season so he didn't have to give him screen time. I'm glad he's getting off the show and going to be a lead in American Gods, he seems like a good guy.

the actress who plays Raven has been revealing some crazy poo poo too this is getting nuts

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I'm starting to wonder if The CW got a little too cocky with this "early renew everything" stunt.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

hcreight posted:

I'm starting to wonder if The CW got a little too cocky with this "early renew everything" stunt.

this is just day 1 of the con too who knows what other crazy poo poo is going to come out. Raven apparently was supposed to die in season 1 and they didn't let her actress know if she was going to be kept on or not so she was living out of her suitcase in a hotel. check #survivalcon on Twitter to see things as they happen I guess it's super entertaining

the bbc reported about the lexa thing too this is crazy https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-35786382

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Remember, it's never too late for Jason Rothenberg to :airquote:gracefully step down:airquote: as showrunner, especially considering basically the entire cast has turned against him.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Troposphere posted:

apparently at a con Ricky whittle called Jason rothenberg a bitch, bully, and a muppet and said he purposefully locked his character up this season so he didn't have to give him screen time. I'm glad he's getting off the show and going to be a lead in American Gods, he seems like a good guy.

the actress who plays Raven has been revealing some crazy poo poo too this is getting nuts

haha Jason sounds like a real piece of poo poo

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
If this is true, this is the worst I've heard of a showrunner having a poo poo relationship with his actors since the Dan Harmon/Chevy Chase thing.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Well who do you replace him with? Honest question? Cause Javier is supposed to be working on the Xena reboot. I don't know the rest of the writing staff that well (by whatever pedigrees they may or may not have, it's not notable enough for me to know at first glance) either so it's hard to say who if which can lead the room next if he gets forced out or steps down anyway. I get it's an adaptation of a book but the show has gone far and away enough it's more of Rothenberg's actual thing than anything. So excising the creator (effectively) from making his own creation is a really dicey proposition.

But it sounds like a lovely position for the cast and crew so it'll probably happen sooner or later if that's actually the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
make me the show runner. replace everyone with lesbians. boom, fixed.

• Locked thread