Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

when do they walk in though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

winter 2015

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i hope they somehow release a psp version too, because i want to live in the world where there's like a 2016/17 psp release

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Friends, in the first Trails in the Sky, if I'm in the final chapter and about to sneak into a villa approx how much longer is the game? tia

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Sadly most of the Slur posts I promised to quote when this occasion came are still only focused on zero/ao. but!

Slur posted:

I want to live in the alternate universe you live in.

Slur posted:

I love this franchise, but it seems highly unlikely that we're going to see more titles in it.

I can live with this for now.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Overbite posted:

Friends, in the first Trails in the Sky, if I'm in the final chapter and about to sneak into a villa approx how much longer is the game? tia

not much. there's the villa itself which is pretty quick, a second pseudo-dungeon then the final dungeon. the final dungeon is pretty big but the rest is fast, so you could probably push to the end in 4-5 hours?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Use speedhack in the final dungeon though, that thing is kind of dire.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Overbite posted:

are we counting the end cutscenes

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Zaggitz posted:

Sadly most of the Slur posts I promised to quote when this occasion came are still only focused on zero/ao. but!

I can live with this for now.

I'm eating that delicious, delicious crow, and I'll be the first to say sorry about my previous pessimism regarding this series' future.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Between this and the Zero Escape 3 news this has been a fun week.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Slur posted:

I'm eating that delicious, delicious crow, and I'll be the first to say sorry about my previous pessimism regarding this series' future.

As far as sales go: well, let's just see what The Future Brings™©®♪ and what that says, eh?

(Now, a question does come up about whether or not the $30 price point was the right call, and if people are somehow unwilling, in this sardine-packed, race-to-the-bottom market, or unable, in this grim, blasted, post-cyberpocalyptic hellscape of an economy, to pay that much for an 80-hour RPG with some of the best writing in the business. If the answer to either or both is "yes", then that's... something to digest for drat near all of us, still involved with Trails or no, but also something that'll just need to be tackled going forward.)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cake Attack posted:

i hope they somehow release a psp version too, because i want to live in the world where there's like a 2016/17 psp release

Same but because I hate sitting at my PC to play long games

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So I guess people's worry of Second Chapter underperforming was unfounded?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

So I logged onto Steam and found that I had 20 unread messages while I was offline. So I check them out and find 20 links to XSEED's tweet. Something I certainly didn't expect, especially this early. I'd thought they'd save the announcement for just before E3 or something.

I just hope they know what can of worms they're opening since by localizing 3rd, they almost kind of have to bring Zero and Ao over later on unless the sales are that abysmal, which will be a huge undertaking.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Mr. Fortitude posted:

So I logged onto Steam and found that I had 20 unread messages while I was offline. So I check them out and find 20 links to XSEED's tweet. Something I certainly didn't expect, especially this early. I'd thought they'd save the announcement for just before E3 or something.

I just hope they know what can of worms they're opening since by localizing 3rd, they almost kind of have to bring Zero and Ao over later on unless the sales are that abysmal, which will be a huge undertaking.

It feels like their intention to bring every entry over at some point. Sales certainly seem to support the idea.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

SpaceDrake posted:

As far as sales go: well, let's just see what The Future Brings™©®♪ and what that says, eh?

(Now, a question does come up about whether or not the $30 price point was the right call, and if people are somehow unwilling, in this sardine-packed, race-to-the-bottom market, or unable, in this grim, blasted, post-cyberpocalyptic hellscape of an economy, to pay that much for an 80-hour RPG with some of the best writing in the business. If the answer to either or both is "yes", then that's... something to digest for drat near all of us, still involved with Trails or no, but also something that'll just need to be tackled going forward.)

The actual problem was releasing at that price point smack dab in the middle of a huge sale and missing launch exposure by default because of it, as soon as it goes on a similar sale for like half off it'll sell like hot cakes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

So I guess people's worry of Second Chapter underperforming was unfounded?
it was slur's worry, so yes

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

SpaceDrake posted:

Or in my case it's being willing and able to pay 30 for an 80 hour rpg but I already have so many games on my plate that I haven't finished (including the first trails) that it didn't make sense for me to buy it at launch. I'll get it and play it eventually but it might not be for a while.

Or I should stop buying so many long RPGs.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just lol if you haven't bought 30 RPG's in the past 12 months and finished like one of them

:(

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Sakurazuka posted:

Just lol if you haven't bought 30 RPG's in the past 12 months and finished like one of them

:(

I bought two RPGs in the past six months and finished both of them.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Is the same team that did Cold Steel's translation going to be doing the third trails?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Both Trails in the Sky games are on sale on the US and EU PSN as well as Steam and GOG.

Fairly confident enough to say that 3rd is happening.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Well, it's officially announced now. Guess my fears were unfounded.

Well, time to put myself in a time capsule for 2017.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
And with a link: http://gematsu.com/2016/03/legend-heroes-trails-sky-3rd-coming-west-pc-2017

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i am excited for this

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
PC only.

I'm glad we're getting it but I never play games on my PC. I'll buy it regardless, but I hope I can be motivated to play it cause I'm not fond of using my PC.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I'm not sure of the details but I've seen people getting the pc version to work on tablets so that might be an option

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro17h_D4ZOo

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

The Black Stones posted:

PC only.

I'm glad we're getting it but I never play games on my PC. I'll buy it regardless, but I hope I can be motivated to play it cause I'm not fond of using my PC.
That is sort of funny you have to admit when paired with your Hidamari avatar.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

just plug your pc into your tv with an hdmi cable and pretend its a console game.

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/708366699485986816

please put this in the op a million times.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 11, 2016

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Zaggitz posted:

just plug your pc into your tv with an hdmi cable and pretend its a console game.

Can't move my PC. So I think my best option to do this is to buy a 25 or 50ft HDMI cable (I can get one for 10$ so not a problem) and see how to use my PS4 controller wirelessly on PC if I can, or hope to find a cheap controller.

Nate RFB posted:

That is sort of funny you have to admit when paired with your Hidamari avatar.

The irony is not lost on me. My job is also selling computers. I should probably change my av one of these days.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

The series has sold 350K overall too. Not too shabby for a niche series and a small publisher. It just doesn't seem like a lot because AAA publishers like Square-Enix have grossly inflated expectations where a game which sells 4 million is deemed a failure.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDEGDUUVs-U

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

The Black Stones posted:

Can't move my PC. So I think my best option to do this is to buy a 25 or 50ft HDMI cable (I can get one for 10$ so not a problem) and see how to use my PS4 controller wirelessly on PC if I can, or hope to find a cheap controller.

The irony is not lost on me. My job is also selling computers. I should probably change my av one of these days.
Using a PS4 controller on Windows is incredibly easy (and cool!), I literally just set it up myself a couple of weeks ago. Just need DS4Windows and either a micro USB cable or bluetooth adapter.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

This is the best thing you've posted in the thread, FYI.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I'm excited

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Tom's confirmed that "that" memory door from 3rd will still be in the PC release. The one which Falcom removed from the PSP releases because it'd probably bump up the age rating too high. He also said it's the team who translated Trails of Cold Steel who will be handling 3rd, which I guess makes sense since they finished up the translation of Cold Steel 2 a while back.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
completely uncensored. that'll be interesting.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Tom's confirmed that "that" memory door from 3rd will still be in the PC release. The one which Falcom removed from the PSP releases because it'd probably bump up the age rating too high. He also said it's the team who translated Trails of Cold Steel who will be handling 3rd, which I guess makes sense since they finished up the translation of Cold Steel 2 a while back.

I knew XSEED wasn't going to cut content of their own volition, but I was curious about what Falcom's stance was with regards to future releases of 3rd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

having seen the original scene, I think people are kinda overblowing it. The implications are incredibly hosed up but nothing explicit is shown or described or anything, all you get is third hand implications and Joshua and Leonhardt being disgusted. . Iunno about the CERO rating, but it's the kind of thing you could totally get away with in a T game. Heck, I've seen it gotten away with in T games.