Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Just a thought on All For One trying to take back One For All: Given that they've fought so many times, it seems implausible that he wouldn't have tried to take it back. So I figure that One For All is the one power that All For One cannot steal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

We don't know what stealing a power involves or requires so we can't really make judgements yet.

I'm guessing it's not so simple as point and click.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Peel posted:

We don't know what stealing a power involves or requires so we can't really make judgements yet.

I'm guessing it's not so simple as point and click.

Given other trends, one would assume he'd have to five finger discount it, which is a much better name for such a quirk.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

chumbler posted:

Given other trends, one would assume he'd have to five finger discount it, which is a much better name for such a quirk.

That still seems like an easy condition to make given how he could just grab the users arm and BAM no powers.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Mr. Fowl posted:

Just a thought on All For One trying to take back One For All: Given that they've fought so many times, it seems implausible that he wouldn't have tried to take it back. So I figure that One For All is the one power that All For One cannot steal.

One for All is the one power that anyone can steal, but only under specific circumstances. All Might specifically says that it "One For All won't transfer to a new recipient unless the user wishes it. So it can't be forcibly stolen though it can be forcibly passed on." So if the user of One for All were captured and tortured, it could be stolen, but until something is said otherwise it seems you are right that that it has a natural immunity to AfO's ability.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

The Lord of Hats posted:

I wonder who All Might would have chosen to pass OfA on to if Deku hadn't come along. Nobody else seems like someone he would click with quite as much, so who would he have settled on?

I wonder what kind of quirk Deku might have ended up with had he gotten one naturally. Possibly pyrokenisis if he got the best mix of his parents quirks or maybe human torch style fire suit hopefullly his dad's quirk comes with some fire immunity.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Can't wait for the actual scanlation.

The worst part for Midoriya is that he knows about the origin of the Noumus; he also "knows" that Bakugou would never turn villain. So basically, as far as he knows he just watched his friend get dragged off to a fate worse than death.

And it's not like he can tell his other classmates that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Chapter is out now..

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Speaking of, it's out in mangastream.

Bakugou's warning sounded more concerned than angry. Huh.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Something I really appreciate about this chapter is how when you go back and read over it, it's pretty much all side characters doing things.

Deku actually doesn't have any impact here at all; he immediately goes down to Toga, and then when the villains are making their escape, he isn't able to make the last dash because of pain from busting all his limbs. Todoroki used an ice blast that didn't do too much more than scatter the villains (and give Mister Compress time to make decoys), and then comes up short of snagging Bakugou.

Shouji, meanwhile, was observant enough early on to figure out where Mister Compress was keeping Bakugou and Tokoyami (even though he did get faked out), saved Deku's life by slugging Toga off of him, and reacted fast enough to grab Tokoyami. Navelaser is a giant coward (and I suspect he's going to get some focus chapters about working through that), but he came through in the clutch and made the opening for Tokoyami to be saved.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I like how all the side character's actions are presented as being fully motivated by in-character things. In a lot of shounen the side cast often feel like actors or playing pieces just acting out what the plot requires, but even something as simple as Navel Laser dude, who is the most side of side characters, delivering the vital attack at the last minute is presented as overcoming fear in front of impossible odds, which was even set up before this arc with the performance in the previous exam.

Getting these basic fundamentals spot on is the mark of a real master.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I really like that side characters are getting a chance to be badass. Even if it's just for a moment, these student heroes are a genuine threat to the villains, and that's pretty cool.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Bakugoing... Bakugoing... Bakugone.

What a good chapter.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well I guess that means Aoyama isn't the traitor, unless he had a change of heart at the end.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yay Aoyama! Yay Shouji! The sidecharacters did cool things and proved really essential to saving the day. (and Yaoyarozu too since she's got a tracker on that Noumu) :)

Also, it's cool that the two most important seeming members of this new Villain alliance are looking to be rivals to Todoroki and Uraraka. This was a good arc (if it's actually over right now).

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

RatHat posted:

Well I guess that means Aoyama isn't the traitor, unless he had a change of heart at the end.
Yeah, I have no loving clue who the traitor apparently is now. Hagekure was knocked out, Aoyama manned up, Ragdoll is presumably horrifically mauled. Who the hell is left? Aizawa literally openly worries about how the info got out, and only people on the trip should know.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Poor Deku. Getting burned by Dabi on top of two broken arms.

Shouji's hand got burned as well. Todoroki's streak continues!

Next arc is going to take place in an ICU.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
That panel of Dabi taking the marble from Todoroki while saying his name, makes me speculate that Dabi may be one of Endeavor's failure sons.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Is it possible that Dabi is related to Endeavor in some way? A failed child would be a bit too on the nose IMO, but maybe in some other way?

^^:yeah:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Man right at the same time.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

Fabricated posted:

Yeah, I have no loving clue who the traitor apparently is now. Hagekure was knocked out, Aoyama manned up, Ragdoll is presumably horrifically mauled. Who the hell is left? Aizawa literally openly worries about how the info got out, and only people on the trip should know.

At this rate, I'm going to bet on somebody on the villian side having parasite creation/manipulation powers combined with something else and those are being used as ultimate spies. Who's going to notice a bed bug that doesn't bite, but just hides in hair, listening?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Silento posted:

Is it possible that Dabi is related to Endeavor in some way? A failed child would be a bit too on the nose IMO, but maybe in some other way?

^^:yeah:

Being a failed child that resented Endeavor for it, would explain why Dabi took a liking to Stain Ideology.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
With as hosed up as Deku is now, about the only way he's getting back in the game in time is if he figures out how to do the body switch thing that All Might does.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
I'm gonna be sad if next part of the story is : "find the legendary healing quirk for deck"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
inspectah deku

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

RatHat posted:

I found the comment "But that laser--" to be curious. I don't think he's ruled out.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Aoyama spends the whole fight cowering and hiding from the bad guys so they don't find him, and we get inner monologue of his that shows he is terrified. He then shoots a laser at the bad dudes and saves Tokoyami and nearly Bakugou.

"He must be the traitor!!!"

Seriously, was there anything to suggest he was suspicious before this because even before this chapter it sounded like people were just making stuff up.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
People get very attached to their fan theories.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Aoyama spends the whole fight cowering and hiding from the bad guys so they don't find him, and we get inner monologue of his that shows he is terrified. He then shoots a laser at the bad dudes and saves Tokoyami and nearly Bakugou.

"He must be the traitor!!!"

Seriously, was there anything to suggest he was suspicious before this because even before this chapter it sounded like people were just making stuff up.

People like going into wild theories based on flimsy pretenses and if they happen to be right they then claim superiority despite having simply made a lucky guess.

It happens all the time in any medium in any genre.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Deku is the traitor

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm the traitor

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Blockhouse posted:

I'm the traitor

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

People like going into wild theories based on flimsy pretenses and if they happen to be right they then claim superiority despite having simply made a lucky guess.

It happens all the time in any medium in any genre.

Like, I get that but i'm still so confused why everyone (well everyone who is making theories about the "mole" at least) is suspicious of Aoyama specifically. Like I sorta get why Hagakure is a big target for these types of theories because "invisible = spy" even though it's still super dumb but Aoyama's just a weird dude who shoots lasers.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mr. Fowl posted:

I found the comment "But that laser--" to be curious. I don't think he's ruled out.

You forgot the part that came after "totally ruined my show."

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Like, I get that but i'm still so confused why everyone (well everyone who is making theories about the "mole" at least) is suspicious of Aoyama specifically. Like I sorta get why Hagakure is a big target for these types of theories because "invisible = spy" even though it's still super dumb but Aoyama's just a weird dude who shoots lasers.

I read the A Song of Ice and Fire subreddit, so at a certain point you come to accept that there doesn't need to be legitimate reason for someone to get suspicious.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I actually just realized I haven't read this week's chapter since I was so busy yesterday.

Gonna go do that now.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Traitor is Principal Rat - he hates humans.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The reasoning behind it is because Aoyama is one of the only people whose location and actions were completely unknown during the first villain attack. I don't really buy it but it isn't like it came out of nowhere - Aizawa is convinced there must be a traitor, so looking back for students who haven't done much yet/have been in weird places at weird times is a reasonable place to start when making theories.

The most recent chapters give us a much more reasonable answer for why Aoyama didn't tell anyone where he was or what he was doing during the first villain attack, though. He was probably hiding - the guy is clearly terrified of actual villains, and who can blame him? His power can't protect him, and he's still just a teenager, possibly the least physically fit teenager in the class.

But we didn't know he was a coward until the previous two chapters, so "he was the mole!" became a theory. And people like to stick to a theory.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I have now read the chapter.

I Cannot Stop Twinkling is most likely not the mole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I forgot that was Aoyama's Superhero name. "I Cannot Stop Twinkling" is still a great Superhero name.