Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I don't know if Urgot is Good yet but I know he's fuckin fun and this crab skin owns. Also ulting a fiddle every time he ults is some fuckin good feels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I got absolutely cornholed by an Azir last night and couldn't figure out what the hell kept happening, this explains a lot

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Sexpansion posted:

Only one day of 6.5 ranked stats, but still, Kog is looking at a precipitous drop:

Kog'Maw's rework is the stupidest thing Riot has ever pulled off, and I do not say that lightly.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Does riot ever think "wow we totally hosed up" and just revert the changes rather than try to find some stupid roundabout way to trash them?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Kashuno posted:

Does riot ever think "wow we totally hosed up" and just revert the changes rather than try to find some stupid roundabout way to trash them?

The only time they've ever reverted a change like that is when they made diana's W detonation range smaller than her auto attack.

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

Quelaag, my dear sister... Please do not cry.
I am happy, really. I have you, don't I?
Okay, another Silver support looking for advice here! Here's a more recent replay of a loss:

http://www.replay.gg/search/na/victorisham#2119407086

Janna is my most comfortable support but even for a champion I'm comfortable with I feel like I die a lot / don't exert enough lane pressure. The mid and late game usually goes better for me but especially against poke lanes I have a hard time feeling effective as her. This was definitely a case of that, where Caitlyn and Alistair just shoved mine and the Jhin's poo poo in.

I probably should have bought a Locket instead of a Banner but I really wanted the lane pressure, and Sejuani had one, but I don't know if I ever recalled seeing her use the active.

http://www.replay.gg/search/na/victorisham#2117562558

This one was a win and more of a stomp from our side, so probably less exciting of a watch, but 7 deaths still feels like a lot. I feel like I fall into the "must-save-team-itis" a lot and it's really hard to just give up on a teammate who might realistically just need a good tornado to get them out.

Any build / laning / whatever tips would be appreciated!

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Kashuno posted:

I think they said they try to avoid doing that.

There was a lot of words but pretty much it seemed to boil down to "if we reverted a change, that would mean admitting we made a mistake and we would never make a mistake, so obviously we should never revert a change".

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

lol that Kog win rate change, goddamn. It's going to be extra funny when Rageblade finally gets toned down a bit (which I assume is happening eventually) and he's even worse off.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Bland posted:

Kog'Maw's rework is the stupidest thing Riot has ever pulled off, and I do not say that lightly.

I don't think there is anything more stupid than Morde ADC and how shoehorned that was.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

I know Kog was powerful but this nerf might be taking it to far.

EDIT: Seems it's a bug where his W also reduces the damage of smite.

Azzents fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Mar 11, 2016

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

If you think the Riot actually gives a poo poo about keeping toxic players out of the game, watch this series where Imaqtpie and iWillDominate get trolled by a feeding Teemo/Katarina for like a dozen games back to back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNbej4gPir0

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Tequila Sunrise posted:

If you think the Riot actually gives a poo poo about keeping toxic players out of the game, watch this series where Imaqtpie and iWillDominate get trolled by a feeding Teemo/Katarina for like a dozen games back to back.

You mean the same one that got a 2-week suspension for feeding a couple of days later, much to the joy of the LeagueofLegends subreddit?

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

Tequila Sunrise posted:

A better example would be Discoheat, who has an entire series on youtube dedicated to toxic little babies in league.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

League of Children is excellent.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

fnox posted:

I don't think there is anything more stupid than Morde ADC and how shoehorned that was.

While that was pretty drat idiotic too, at least there was the understandable line of reasoning of "Mordekaiser is a bad, pointless champion, let's try and do something with him". Kog was a perfectly fine champion with well defined strengths and weaknesses who was quite fun to play. Then they turned him into this impossible to balance, boring as hell turd because reasons???

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I miss you AP kog, they said they would try to keep AP kog viable in the rework, but he is long gone.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0-pxxx6qOw

Aurelion Sol is a sassy fella~

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

wodin posted:

You mean the same one that got a 2-week suspension for feeding a couple of days later, much to the joy of the LeagueofLegends subreddit?

He only got banned after reddit made a huge fuss

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?
Going to do a test stream now that I'm finished school poo poo. Hopefully going to troublefix a bunch of poo poo so I can get the coaching on tuesdays going.
Twitch.tv/daemonlasher , just doing some casual norms atm.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Kashuno posted:

No, because then Mordekaiser wouldn't be in a shithole.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

rabidsquid posted:

I understand why you flash mastery, but KCW loves it more than anyone I know and it would be a far more cruel punishment then setting his elo to 0 would.

you've never seen me lane

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

I thought the exact same thing.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009
I don't think Urgot will ever be 'good' at least while assassins/burst damage remains in style. He kinda does the Ezreal poke thing, except if the enemy team has enough and decides to charge you you have no escapes.

I think I win more games because people dont know his R and passive reduce incoming damage and his E shreds armor, which results in some hilarious melee range 1v1's. And the more I play him the more I'm convinced he's a decent jungler.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2120975745/202001196
(Note: potentially biased since its the only game out of 4 I've won)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Primetime posted:

I don't think Urgot will ever be 'good' at least while assassins/burst damage remains in style. He kinda does the Ezreal poke thing, except if the enemy team has enough and decides to charge you you have no escapes.

I think I win more games because people dont know his R and passive reduce incoming damage and his E shreds armor, which results in some hilarious melee range 1v1's. And the more I play him the more I'm convinced he's a decent jungler.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2120975745/202001196
(Note: potentially biased since its the only game out of 4 I've won)

Urgot is specifically good against assassins and burst champs, I don't understand why you think otherwise

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

Urgot is specifically good against assassins and burst champs, I don't understand why you think otherwise

I didn't say he's bad against them them in a 1v1, but in a team fight he just doesn't put out the same damage (or provide the same tankiness in the case of top lane) most other champs can. He does good damage, but with only one really damaging spell you're waiting a lot of aggregate time for cooldowns while your team is getting destroyed.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Bland posted:

While that was pretty drat idiotic too, at least there was the understandable line of reasoning of "Mordekaiser is a bad, pointless champion, let's try and do something with him". Kog was a perfectly fine champion with well defined strengths and weaknesses who was quite fun to play. Then they turned him into this impossible to balance, boring as hell turd because reasons???

Kog had hit the point where he was so broken as AP that he overshadowed his ADC role almost totally. Riot could've nerfed that into the ground but he had major changes coming regardless of what they did for sure.

Kubrick
Jul 20, 2004

Aurelion Sol is a queen diva bitch.

God I wish he was voiced by Sweet Transvestite Tim Curry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR6wKRWFOoE

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

played first game in 5 months and man Mf still hella rad, that walk is the A game let me tell ya.

Is there a write up at all on the ADC items now? I kinda just built the ones that looked cool and did well. Normally I'd follow probuilds or something but I wouldn't mind figuring out why things are good from someone elses perspective.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Flipswitch posted:

played first game in 5 months and man Mf still hella rad, that walk is the A game let me tell ya.

Is there a write up at all on the ADC items now? I kinda just built the ones that looked cool and did well. Normally I'd follow probuilds or something but I wouldn't mind figuring out why things are good from someone elses perspective.

Rapid Firecannon is really good on MF now, I usually build it 2nd (behind ER or IE depending on the matchup and how hard you're snowballing). The trick to it is that she gets great midgame "poke" through her passive combined with the RFC passive.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The Mash posted:

Rapid Firecannon is really good on MF now, I usually build it 2nd (behind ER or IE depending on the matchup and how hard you're snowballing). The trick to it is that she gets great midgame "poke" through her passive combined with the RFC passive.
I went IE first on her but that was more because I'm more familiar with the item itself. I kinda meant more generally for ADCs and ADC types than MF specifically though. Thanks for the reply. :)

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Flipswitch posted:

Everyone builds Rapid Firecannon, usually as second item. Hurricane is a solid attack speed item option, even for characters not named Kalista, but most people prefer Firecannon. Everyone (aside from blue Ezreal) builds at least one of Triforce/Infinity Edge/Essence Reaver depending on how cooldown and mana dependent they are. Lord Dominik's Regard has replaced old Last Whisper, but does basically the same tank-killing job marginally differently. Bloodthirster is still a solid defensive/offensive blend, but Mercurial now gives lifesteal so it's an alternative in the same slot.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I thought Stattik is better now

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
having the extra auto-attack range from RFC means that it is better 95% of the time than the slight damage increase you would get from a Stattik Shiv proc critting

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Practically every pro builds statikk now because it's more damage, except on Corki where they just want the extended range for rocket sheen auto poke.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Corbeau posted:

Everyone builds Rapid Firecannon, usually as second item. Hurricane is a solid attack speed item option, even for characters not named Kalista, but most people prefer Firecannon. Everyone (aside from blue Ezreal) builds at least one of Triforce/Infinity Edge/Essence Reaver depending on how cooldown and mana dependent they are. Lord Dominik's Regard has replaced old Last Whisper, but does basically the same tank-killing job marginally differently. Bloodthirster is still a solid defensive/offensive blend, but Mercurial now gives lifesteal so it's an alternative in the same slot.
Yeah merc seems like a really legit pick up now which I thought was sweet.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I believe Statikk vs RFC depends heavily on your champ and matchup's. Sometimes you want that little bit of extra range from RFC, other times you're fine with range are just get to enjoy the slightly higher damage output.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Ahahahaha

I didn't play any ranked games on my D5 smurf yet this season and just moved it to JP, won 1 game (thanks enemy AFK Gragas) and just get instantly put in Platinum 3

loving tasty

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I keep getting some weird message when I try to play in the Japanese Server. :(

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Does it say "error 45: なに, バカ 外人" ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Kubrick posted:

Aurelion Sol is a queen diva bitch.

God I wish he was voiced by Sweet Transvestite Tim Curry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR6wKRWFOoE

Holy poo poo, the library is open.

• Locked thread