Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Jerry Cotton posted:

As far as language politics go, I think we should stop worrying about mandatory Swedish and just deport anyone who doesn't understand the difference between joka and mikä.

Sori mut oikea kielenkäyttö päätetään nykyään Kallion kujilla, check und matti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

HerraS posted:

Sori mut oikea kielenkäyttö päätetään nykyään Kallion kujilla, check und matti

They can be deported to Kallio for all I care. Just as long as they're not allowed into Finland.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Jerry Cotton posted:

They can be deported to Kallio for all I care. Just as long as they're not allowed into Finland.

olipas heikko selälle tulo, ehkä jonkun pitäis mainita Sipilä niin voit taas huutaa pedokulteista ja siannussijoista?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

HerraS posted:

olipas heikko selälle tulo, ehkä jonkun pitäis mainita Sipilä niin voit taas huutaa pedokulteista ja siannussijoista?

Pig loving belongs to the UK politics thread.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Tarkkaan ottaen Sipilän tapauksessa kyse olisi vissiin raiskauksesta, tuskin se sika hänestä erityisemmin pitää

Dave tosin taisi tapattaa uhrinsa ensin

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Geriatric Pirate posted:

even in 2000, at the peak of the tech bubble, there were less than 100 people who reported income above e5m in Finland and 30 who reported income greater than Sipila's 12m, suggesting that it's not quite as common to become an IT millionaire as you think. Probably some competence required.

Less than 100 people in Finland became lottery millionaires in 2000, less than 30 of those had their winnings in the highest 3 deciles. Conclusion: Probably some competence is required to win in lotto :smuggo:

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
That was an analogy to underline the fact that nothing you said rules out the possibility of luck being the decisive factor behind Sipilä's fortune.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Now EK is saying no to further negotiations because all member unions of SAK are not in. YKS is just the gift that keeps on giving :allears:

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
I wasn't much surprised that SAK let the YKS pass with conditions, because that puts the ball back in in the govt's court.

But I was slightly surprised that while I was taking a poo poo, the situation flipped again since apparently EK doesn't want to negotiate due to PAM and the rest of the naysayers.

I have no idea of what is even going on in this country right now. But I am absolutely loving it.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Exports -10% YoY, we're so hosed

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Double Bill posted:

Exports -10% YoY, we're so hosed

Maybe you should innovate harder.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Työntäkää innovaatiot perseeseen

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Darkest Auer posted:

Työntäkää innovaatiot perseeseen

Agreed. The novelty dildo industry will be the new Nokia.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Kemper Boyd posted:

I wasn't much surprised that SAK let the YKS pass with conditions, because that puts the ball back in in the govt's court.

But I was slightly surprised that while I was taking a poo poo, the situation flipped again since apparently EK doesn't want to negotiate due to PAM and the rest of the naysayers.

I have no idea of what is even going on in this country right now. But I am absolutely loving it.

They got jealous when Sipilä went to the SAK meeting to talk them into the YKS. EK wants the government's undivided attention like they've gotten so far.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Ah, we're getting a good ol' demonstration from angry farmers on Friday. They're in a bit of a pickle, what with the perfect storm of sanctions on and from Russia, EU agriculture policy changes, bad economic times and the current drive to cut prices by big super market chains.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
I don't read news because my blood pressure is high enough.

But hasn't anything happened really this week? This thread usually explodes when the government does something(awful)

Is this the first week when they haven't hosed up?

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.

hillo posted:

I don't read news because my blood pressure is high enough.

But hasn't anything happened really this week? This thread usually explodes when the government does something(awful)

Is this the first week when they haven't hosed up?

Not really, still a lot of waffling about the yhteyskuntasopi...oops, sorry I meant kilpailukykysopimus.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rexroom posted:

Ah, we're getting a good ol' demonstration from angry farmers on Friday. They're in a bit of a pickle, what with the perfect storm of sanctions on and from Russia, EU agriculture policy changes, bad economic times and the current drive to cut prices by big super market chains.

I'd forgotten about the existence of an even more self-entitled group than students until I read about these guys. Oh no food is cheaper for everyone else :qq:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Watch this to see the hilarious piraatti Jiri Keronen talk about how easy it is to implement perustulo. Key phrases: "peukalo persiissä" and "erittäin helppoa". At one point Rydman is shaking with how hard he's trying not to laugh.

http://areena.yle.fi/1-3062223

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

doverhog posted:

Watch this to see the hilarious piraatti Jiri Keronen talk about how easy it is to implement perustulo. Key phrases: "peukalo persiissä" and "erittäin helppoa". At one point Rydman is shaking with how hard he's trying not to laugh.

http://areena.yle.fi/1-3062223

They couldn't find anyone better than Keronen to represent their case?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Geriatric Pirate posted:

I'd forgotten about the existence of an even more self-entitled group than students until I read about these guys. Oh no food is cheaper for everyone else :qq:

Yeah, gently caress them. It's not like the landepaukut are earning their elanto or something from it.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Paavo Väyrynens euro proposal is to be debated this week I think, or something about it happened anyway. It seems clear though that we can't leave the euro and form our own currency, it would be too debilitating during the crossover. So my solution is, we re-join Sweden and adopt the SEK. PROBLEM SOLVED!

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

His Divine Shadow posted:

So my solution is, we re-join Sweden and adopt the SEK. PROBLEM SOLVED!

Only if Norway and Denmark join too in a glorious Kalmar Union, and all the refugees get deported to Åland.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Rotacixe posted:

There's a Kepu there too who's pro perustulo, but it would be interesting to know how they ended up with Jiri rather than someone from the Greens or LA or something.

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

Geriatric Pirate posted:

:sigh:

Yeah, screw them for trying to make a living and wanting it to have anything to do with what they actually produce instead of filling literally hundreds of pages of forms.

Let's see you calmly take 50% pay cuts. You only have capital income, don't you?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Well, at least we know there's at least one demographic in this country that can cause poo poo to happen if they protest. The moment farmers are suffering, ministers show up to speak to demonstrators and government agencies are brought to heel.

(Yes, of course what's happening to the farmers with the delayed subsidies is lovely. But the difference in response by the government is hilariously stark.)

Rotacixe posted:

You mean Yle couldn't find anyone better than Keronen to present the case for perustulo. I'm sure there's a whole bunch of Green or LA MPs who would've jumped at the chance, but Yle's decisions on picking guests to their shows have been extremely bizarre as of late.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Valiantman posted:

Yeah, screw them for trying to make a living and wanting it to have anything to do with what they actually produce instead of filling literally hundreds of pages of forms.

But potatoes come from the supermarket, why does the government keep paying these lantavarpaat to grow something that's in the shops anyway??

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The loving farmers voted into office a prime minister who is actively seeking to hell of cut the earnings of literally the only people on this doomed earth who Finnish produce could be sold to at the moment.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

adhuin posted:

Yeah, gently caress them. It's not like the landepaukut are earning their elanto or something from it.

Valiantman posted:

:sigh:

Let's see you calmly take 50% pay cuts. You only have capital income, don't you?

Why should I care about a group that already basically lives off of government subsidies that hurt the poorest people in the world? Farming in Finland makes no economic sense but somehow farmers feel really entitled to an above median income for their "hard work" (oh no you have to fill in a form and let an inspector inspect your fields to get more free money :qq:). They're already the net beneficiaries of so many government policies at the expense of other groups. Now they're going out and blocking traffic in the center because of something that helps the 99% of Finnish people that don't get their income from farming including some actual poor people. Boo-loving-hoo.

Then again, it's not the first time people in this thread come out and defend an entitled middle-class group with a "they're actually poor" argument.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Why should I care about a group that already basically lives off of government subsidies that hurt the poorest people in the world? Farming in Finland makes no economic sense but somehow farmers feel really entitled to an above median income for their "hard work"

Hahaha, it must take effort to be this ignorant. Aside from things like huoltovarmuus, food produced in Finland is a lot cleaner and safer than the "economically viable" stuff that's grown by slave labor in the heavy metal-ridden soil of the hellscapes of the third world.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Finland would save billions every year if we just broke their demonstration with machine guns and told the survivors to go gently caress themselves and stopped paying subsidies. Those loving zoophiles are the biggest leeches this country has.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

If food produced in Finland is so much better it should be sold at a higher price and thus be profitable without subsidies.

There's an argument to be made for farm subsidies from a huoltovarmuus standpoint, but not at the scale they are at now. It's an EU wide issue though, not something Finland can do much about on it's own.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

doverhog posted:

If food produced in Finland is so much better it should be sold at a higher price and thus be profitable without subsidies.

Unfortunately the invisible hand of the market is not infallible, thus the demonstrations.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

doverhog posted:

Exactly.

doverhog posted:

There's an argument to be made for farm subsidies from a huoltovarmuus standpoint, but not at the scale they are at now. It's an EU wide issue though, not something Finland can do much about on it's own.

Nope. If there is some crisis that stops Finland from importing food, that same crisis will also stop Finland from importing spare parts, motor oil and fuel for the farming machines.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Hogge Wild posted:

spare parts, motor oil and fuel

Kaatopaikoilla on tarpeeksi vanhoja ladoja sadaksi vuodeksi, rapsiöljy, metsää riittää poltettavaksi höyrykoneissa.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
What kind of crisis would stop Finland from importing food aside like an nuclear exchange? It's not like our food comes from just one country or even one continent.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Darkest Auer posted:

Kaatopaikoilla on tarpeeksi vanhoja ladoja sadaksi vuodeksi, rapsiöljy, metsää riittää poltettavaksi höyrykoneissa.

kuulehan höyrypunkkari, ei kaikilla ole höyrykoneita

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.

Hogge Wild posted:

kuulehan höyrypunkkari, ei kaikilla ole höyrykoneita

Noh, äläs nyt unohda talvisodan henki ja häkäpöntöt, niitä löytyy varmaan jokaisessa latossa.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

DarkCrawler posted:

What kind of crisis would stop Finland from importing food aside like an nuclear exchange? It's not like our food comes from just one country or even one continent.

Maybe a global event like global warming? I dunno, it's not like we're going to starve tomorrow, but huoltovarmuus is not like some retarded prepper stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Kaadan oman kasken kohta ja teille en anna yhtään ruista, perkele!