Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Xequecal posted:

The other thing about ED that I'm wondering is if the leech available from several Ascendancy classes actually works with damage over time. AFAIK no other source of leech up to this point works with damage over time, (the Life Leech gem certainly doesn't) but I'm wondering if stuff like Scion/Berserker actually does. It just says "damage."
I doubt it. Life Leech also just says "damage".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Mortimer posted:

Are blue vagan daggers with "hits cannot be evaded" actually worth dozens of chaos

It does allow you to go for high crit without having to invest any points in accuracy, so...

ImsaKidd posted:

I guess I missed it as well- anyone want to let us in on the secret?

It turns out that Vagan can in fact de-socket a Tabula.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

Xequecal posted:

They buffed the Pierce gem a lot in 2.2, it gives 30% more damage at level 20. Void Manipulation is only 40% more, so you can just use Pierce instead and for the cost of a 10% more multiplier you can just ED entire packs with one cast as it applies the dot to everything hit.

The other thing about ED that I'm wondering is if the leech available from several Ascendancy classes actually works with damage over time. AFAIK no other source of leech up to this point works with damage over time, (the Life Leech gem certainly doesn't) but I'm wondering if stuff like Scion/Berserker actually does. It just says "damage."

I use Pierce too. v:shobon:v No matter how many projectiles you get, you're not going to hit as many mobs as I do with Contagion is my point though. You can pierce to an extra 3 mobs, but you're not hitting that pack walking towards you from the other room.

The Ascendant stuff does afaik but I haven't tested it myself.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

whypick1 posted:

It turns out that Vagan Vorici can in fact de-socket a Tabula.
However, he can't then resocket it to six because "this item has fixed sockets/links" or something to that effect.

Vaaling on the 95% mana multi was just the amazing continuation of trolling general and Reddit.

also he rubbed it on kuduku pre-vaal

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Mortimer posted:

Are blue vagan daggers with "hits cannot be evaded" actually worth dozens of chaos

Yes, they are used for dagger cast on crit builds. There's a fairly deterministic way to craft a perfect cast on crit dagger with a blue Vagan mod base that only bricks if your initial Regal is a few specific things. Since you aren't getting any accuracy on a cast on crit cyclone tree, even the best possible non-Vagan dagger will lose like 40% damage to missing over any Vagan dagger.

Note that how crits actually work is that accuracy is always rolled again for crits and if you fail that roll you don't crit. If you have 50% crit chances and 90% accuracy, you will actually have a 50% * 90% * 90% chance to both hit an enemy and crit it, rather than 50% * 90%, which would be logical. If you have no accuracy on the tree your accuracy ends up at like 79% or something.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Ultima66 posted:

Yes, they are used for dagger cast on crit builds. There's a fairly deterministic way to craft a perfect cast on crit dagger with a blue Vagan mod base that only bricks if your initial Regal is a few specific things. Since you aren't getting any accuracy on a cast on crit cyclone tree, even the best possible non-Vagan dagger will lose like 40% damage to missing over any Vagan dagger.

Note that how crits actually work is that accuracy is always rolled again for crits and if you fail that roll you don't crit. If you have 50% crit chances and 90% accuracy, you will actually have a 50% * 90% * 90% chance to both hit an enemy and crit it, rather than 50% * 90%, which would be logical. If you have no accuracy on the tree your accuracy ends up at like 79% or something.

Worse than that. I respecced my RT leveling EQ to crit staff, and before I took accuracy nodes & added gear I think my CtH was like 73%

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Do I still want a pierce gem for Spark assuming that I'm getting the ascendency pierce and the pierce cluster?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'd take the gem and avoid getting the passive cluster altogether.

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.
I'm leveling my first real bow character, currently 58 and going for crit LA with Voltaxic. Not sure how to prioritize my progression though - is it a good idea to just focus on getting the Voltaxic bow first, or is it better to get a cheaper setup going for early mapping? I'm using an Infractem and 5L chest, thinking about grabbing a cheap Drillneck for the 100% increased damage.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Hauki posted:

Worse than that. I respecced my RT leveling EQ to crit staff, and before I took accuracy nodes & added gear I think my CtH was like 73%

So basically, if a spell damage dagger literally doubles your damage over a white dagger (I'm pretty sure a 80% spell damage 110% spell crit +36% crit chance +26% attack speed dagger still would not actually double your damage over a white dagger) then a blue Vagan dagger with 0 other mods on it would perform as well as the crazy spell damage dagger worth dozens of exalts.

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

Mortimer posted:

That mod is amazing for Cast on Crit. Depends on which dagger base it is, but potentially yes. Faster bases are generally worth more (Stiletto and Skean lines), but the slower high crit bases have their place too.

Same holds for sceptres and staves. They might not sell for quite as much or as often as daggers, but you can still get some profit.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Annnnnd, Kobe is gone from atop the HC Perandus ladder.

The Havoc dream is still alive!

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

AegisP posted:

Annnnnd, Kobe is gone from atop the HC Perandus ladder.

The Havoc dream is still alive!

Why would you even do that? Like if you've been banned for cheating already, and then hit 100 at an absurb pace, what do you think will happen.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

megalodong posted:

Why would you even do that? Like if you've been banned for cheating already, and then hit 100 at an absurb pace, what do you think will happen.

What do you mean an absurd pace? Plenty of normal people map for fifty goddamn hours straight are you kidding me he really thought no one would give that a second look

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

quote:

For all those who don't know:

Kobe mapped for 70h straight from 97.5 to 99.5 and GGG checked the logs of his playtime and xp/hour. Most extremely obvious case of account sharing in the history of high ladder PoE.

lol

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008
Maybe he was just on a meth binge?

Karnivool
May 28, 2009
Does anyone know whether a max block necromancer(bone offering) using blade vortex will counter thorns(due to healing from bone offering)?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Karnivool posted:

Does anyone know whether a max block necromancer(bone offering) using blade vortex will counter thorns(due to healing from bone offering)?

Thorns counts as individual hits I believe? So spell block will both heal you and prevent the damage.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Karnivool posted:

Regular thorns? Probably. Cybil's Blade Vortex with some life leech and block was able to provide enough healing, so I imagine Bone Offering would.

Pre-nerf Lightning Thorns that still exists on two bosses? I wouldn't try it, personally. That poo poo is loving terrifying.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

ImsaKidd posted:

Maybe he was just on a meth binge?

You could make the drug argument if all the hours were on the same ip address maybe.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Someone should make the top 10 streamers aware of this and make them take this poo poo to the next level.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Phobophilia posted:

Someone should make the top 10 streamers aware of this and make them take this poo poo to the next level.

I've done a multi phase sleep cycle before (it was the only way I could pull off work and school at the same time while still being able to work out.)

I don't believe it would work well for perpetual longterm gaming because of a) the brain basically always being in a triggered on state for the game b) skinner box things maybe and c) depends how much you believe about blue light and monitors wrecking sleep patterns.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
A guy I knew at university used to stay up for three or four days straight each week then crash out for around a day, then repeat the cycle. He used a truly terrifying array of both legal and pretty damned illegal drugs to do it, and looked like he was perpetually on the edge of death.

On the other hand he was one of the best computer security guys I have ever known and now runs that stuff for a major international bank, so maybe he had it right.

Anyhoooo, I want to try a MF build. Any current strong recommendations?

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Phobophilia posted:

It wouldn't work out if they had a devoted fanbase that wanted to watch them.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I hate to be "that guy" but what's the #1 EQ build? I mean the "good gear isn't out of the question" build not the starter ones

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Mortimer posted:

I hate to be "that guy" but what's the #1 EQ build? I mean the "good gear isn't out of the question" build not the starter ones

Probably the crit staff version with Hegemony's Era. Or maybe an axe one with Atziri's Disfavor.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

Probably the crit staff version with Hegemony's Era. Or maybe an axe one with Atziri's Disfavor.

crit staff one p. fun & good

i just need a light coil real bad to offset berserker ascendancy

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Goddamnit.

I either wanted to do Crit staff ice crash or eq and of course that had to be the in thing this league.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Gibbo posted:

Goddamnit.

I either wanted to do Crit staff ice crash or eq and of course that had to be the in thing this league.

It's been a thing for the last 3.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

I figured it would have worn itself out by now.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Gibbo posted:

Goddamnit.

tbh i think most people are doing RT mace/axe whatever EQ

it's... probably safer than crit as far as reflect is concerned, and vaal pact is soo far away

I think every one of my deaths on this char has been to unid phys reflect maps

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Thanks to the kind goon who carried me through cruel lab after I ripped to Izaro 3 at 1%.

Live by Evasion/Phase Acrobatics, die by getting one shot because they both rolled "1".

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Realm restarting. Incoming post barrage in thread in 60 seconds.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Apoplexy posted:

Realm restarting. Incoming post barrage in thread in 60 seconds.

Version 2.2.1
Features:

Introduced the Solaris Mystery Box! It will be available during the Perandus Challenge Leagues. Thanks for your generous support!
The Guardian of the Mound has returned to the Prisoner's Gate in Normal difficulty. The normal version is weaker and uses fewer skills than his harder counterparts.
There are now icons to show when Flesh Offering and Bone Offering affect you.

Labyrinth Changes:

Izaro has been adjusted to be easier in Normal Difficulty. His life has been reduced by 20%. Izaro's Ground Slam and Radiant Slash now deal 10% less damage. The life of Gargoyles, Idols, Portals (Thresholds), Essences, Fonts and Lieutenants has been reduced by 20%. The Goddess of Justice's Mortar Barrage has been reduced by 20% damage, and she no longer uses Teleport. These changes only apply to Normal difficulty.
A "You are here" hover has been added to the Labyrinth progress map.
Enabled the unique item Xirgil's Crank, which can drop in the Labyrinth.
Argus is now immune to guillotine traps.
Darkshrines with significant load times on the client have been disabled for now.
Various broken exits have been fixed.
Several general improvements to the labyrinth have added.

Perandus League Changes:

Enabled the Perandus Manor map. This map can be sold by Cadiro in Tier 5 and above maps for 2500 coins. We hope you enjoy exploring its secrets!
Perandus Guardians that are revived will provide experience when slain for a second time. They stop granting experience when they've been revived two times.
Several significant improvements have been made to the performance of Perandus monsters.
Effects on the Perandus monsters have been toned down. Several changes have also been made to improve performance via preloading.

Bug Fixes:

Writhing Worms no longer grant souls to players with Soul Eater.
Fixed a bug where Writhing Worms could grant flask charges when players had Increased Flask Charges Gained.
Fixed the position of a strength skill near the Duelist start location to be within the large radius of Jewel slots. Strength-based threshold jewels can be used there once again.
Fixed an issue where the wrong effects played on microtransaction versions of Rain of Arrows, Mirror Arrow and Blink Arrow when supported by Trap or Mine.
Fixed an issue with an inactive teleporter on the Volcano map.
Fixed a bug where party members couldn't see your actions when you used non-sword skills with Varunastra.
Fixed a bug with the "... of Force" Enchantments which could disable audio.
Fixed a bug where the Perandus Footprints effect faced the wrong way.
Fixed several issues with Strongboxes, Perandus Chests and Cadiro spawning on traps.
Fixed an instance crash related to Essence Drain.
Made some small improvements to client graphical performance.

NOTE: This patch will most likely change today's Labyrinth layouts.

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011
Found Quecholli Jagged Maul in A2N, I'm now in A2C. Holly poo poo, is that an nice Leveling Weapon.
Looked at Prices, it's cheap (10 Alterations).

Will use it for every two Hand weapon user.
What are the other notable uniques for other playstyles?

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Asenath's gentle touch is also great for levelling with. Gives everything you do temporal chains on hit. Lifesprig & Reverberation Rod for casters will carry you to merciless. The key to levelling is movement speed though: karui ward, wanderlust and briskwrap. Quicksilvers of adrenaline. A couple of staunching potions to use around end of a3 and a4.

Oh, and the new unique: Zerphi's last breath. This heals you for 800% of your spells' mana cost and I've used it on 2 characters from the moment I could equip it up to like level 65. If you can balance your mana regen it basically makes you unkillable while you cast as the pot lasts for 10 seconds. It's hard as a caster to just sit tight and keep casting though, feels counter-intuitive.
EDIT: they made it much easier to see if it has charges in today's patch too, hooray!

Budgie fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Mar 11, 2016

Sharay
Apr 19, 2008

Korwin posted:

Found Quecholli Jagged Maul in A2N, I'm now in A2C. Holly poo poo, is that an nice Leveling Weapon.
Looked at Prices, it's cheap (10 Alterations).

Will use it for every two Hand weapon user.
What are the other notable uniques for other playstyles?

Wideswing is a ton of fun for levelling any build using AoE melee like EQ, Ice Crash, Ground Slam...

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
There is a very constant progression of unique 2 handed swords that are always an upgrade, about every 10-20 levels or so, right up until you can use Oro's or Doomsower

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
AFAIK the ideal cheap unique 2H levelling sequence is still Shiversting > Hrimnor's > Geofri's > Rigwald's > Terminus Est

what's changed is that there are now a swarm of decent 1hs to use as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011

Sharay posted:

Wideswing is a ton of fun for levelling any build using AoE melee like EQ, Ice Crash, Ground Slam...
Currious, per here: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Quecholli has worse stats than Wideswing.
And it did not match mine (mine has max. Damage 150) I assumed gamepedia shows only base damage and the % still needs to be factored in.

But then I looked at poe.trade and saw Wideswing with less Damage than Quecholli... Confused. Gamepedia has an wrong data entry?

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

There is a very constant progression of unique 2 handed swords that are always an upgrade, about every 10-20 levels or so, right up until you can use Oro's or Doomsower
Quecholli can be used from 22 onward, and with 48 I did not find an replacement yet...
So the point is, more of an early weapon item you can use very long.

• Locked thread