Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The most recent Football Weekly goes places in part three and it is hilarious and amazing all at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Itunes was downloading the entire football weekly back catalogue just now. Any one else have this? I remember james apologising for this happening a while back.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Jippa posted:

Itunes was downloading the entire football weekly back catalogue just now. Any one else have this? I remember james apologising for this happening a while back.

Overcast said it was downloading some old episodes, but when I checked the app they hadn't actually downloaded.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Jippa posted:

Yea. My podcast app said there were 50 new episodes in the morning.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Producer Ben is too busy talking in Jimbo's ear and plugging his stuff instead of being an audio producer

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

is it my imagination or are there now swear words on the ramble where there weren't before

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Homework Explainer posted:

is it my imagination or are there now swear words on the ramble where there weren't before

It's your imagination

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I absolutely despise Iain Macintosh more than I do the man who ran over and killed my parents.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Alexei Lalas created a podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/mutant-gene-podcast-alexi/id1101874962?mt=2

If you hate yourself I guess you could listen to it.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Some good John Terry jokes in the Ramble's preview show today

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
James Richardson's deep knowledge of Grime is unexpected and hilarious

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
3 goals 1 cup.

:lol:

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Quality wedding related joke on FW towards the end.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mandalay posted:

Oh god yes.

Also the hilarious hard cut at the end of the Derby Stadium gag.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Mandalay posted:

I missed it. Was it the grease one?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Ramble moving to a paid special once a month, I'm fairly new to the pod: are the paid specials worth it?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

britishbornandbread posted:

I missed it. Was it the grease one?

It's near the end, if you skip to like five mins before you'll catch it.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Ramble moving to a paid special once a month, I'm fairly new to the pod: are the paid specials worth it?

As in just one paid special and nothing else or is that on top of the existing shows?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

julian assflange posted:

As in just one paid special and nothing else or is that on top of the existing shows?

On top of existing shows. They'll still do the Ramble twice a week, but also do a subscription-only special on a monthly basis.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oh that's okay then. While I listen to it each time, I'd never pay for it. Will be keen to see what content the specials have

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
They're moving to a £1.99/month subscription model for ad-free + specials, with the ad supported podcast still being free and the specials available on iTunes/wherever at £2.49 each.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I liked the meltdown people had on the Ramble twitter. I still get all the normal content for free as always but I can pay for extras??? OUTRAGE.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

The £1.99 deal sounds like a really good deal.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bobby Digital posted:

I liked the meltdown people had on the Ramble twitter. I still get all the normal content for free as always but I can pay for extras??? OUTRAGE.

Most likely people presumed they would have to pay to listen at all

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I've bought a few Ramble specials, they've all been pretty good and for a couple of quid who the gently caress cares lol

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Pete Donaldson's ranting about Pardew from this week's normal episode is worth £2 on its own.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

peanut- posted:

Pete Donaldson's ranting about Pardew from this week's normal episode is worth £2 on its own.

Haha yeah

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Anyone have a timestamp on that rant? I don't have time to listen to the whole pod

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TheBigAristotle posted:

Anyone have a timestamp on that rant? I don't have time to listen to the whole pod

After 10:30 onwards

Sneaks McDevious fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 24, 2016

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Thanks

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

peanut- posted:

I'd pay to remove Pete from the podcast tbh

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Without Pete it'd just be a slightly less informative Football Weekly. The preview shows where he isn't are noticeably less funny, since although he's the clown, the others all riff off of him.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
You are probably right! I used to find him funny, but the shtick wore off for me.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Yeah sometimes he's a bit grating, but his Pardew rant this week was probably the funniest thing I've heard on the show in years

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
As soon as I saw Pardew do that loving stupid dance I was looking forward to the Ramble.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is there no Football Weekly this week?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

julian assflange posted:

Is there no Football Weekly this week?

They said at the end of Monday's show that there wouldn't be one on Thursday.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bobby Digital posted:

They said at the end of Monday's show that there wouldn't be one on Thursday.

Feck! I rarely get to the end so missed that bit...

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
There's one on Tuesday.

The ramble Dean windass Hall of fame special on Leicester was pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Football Weekly euro shows have been great.

Not quite as good as the raw stupidity of the preview shows but still fun.